ENDUROEBIKE.COM

andyjk said:
The acceleration on this thing is just addictive!
Andy, what battery are you running with now? Is it still the 72v 26Ah or something else?

It's the 74V 30Ah pack made up of Samsung INR18650-30Q cells which are rated at 15A Continuous discharge (150A for the pack) we ended up disconnecting the BMS on the main power wires to allow more current reliably, most BMSs aren't up to the job unfortunately. A 200A fuse is better and low voltage cutout set to 62V on the speed controller is better in this case.
The BMS is still used for balancing and charging the battery.

Battery was built by Jimmy at insat international in the U.K. he is using a Sunstone Engineering 250i2 EV welder which allows him to use copper interconnects and do superior welds to the cells with much less heat actually getting to the cells... this has brought down the IR considerably when we compared it to other batteries he made.

nutspecial said:
That's a dam nice build andyjk, and thanks for sharing your vids/channel.
I sense a little 'neistat' influence - they're well done.
Looking forward to some more offroad riding videos with the upgraded setup!

Thanks nuts, i've been watching this thread since it was started by quadfather a while ago now... I took a lot of inspiration from it, and yes Casey Neistat has influenced my videos too, very talented film maker and story teller... he's stopped doing the vlogs now.

Im looking forward to getting out to do some more videos, I just took a look at your bike and can see your using a BHT motor, I've got one of those on my electric quad bike, it actually shipped from China with it but the controller is pretty rubbish as the throttle is either on/off and its limited to 30Amps... its not programmable as far as I know... I Just wondered which controller you use with your motor, i've got a spare Infineon/Lyen 18FET now which I took off the bike so I was thinking of putting it on the quad! it would likely be insane but wasn't sure if it would work well as these controllers seem best suited for hub style motors.

Yeah most can't help but like Casey imo, it's a bummer he is changing stuff up but dude is smart/talented and it might be pretty cool. I use em3's 18x 4110 and it works excellent. Depending on gearing and application, the 11lb bht has proved alot of fun for me running up to 100bat/200pha, so far it's the only thing I'd want for a light offroader. The lien version of infineon should be just as compatible and that quad project sounds like alot of fun!!!

Oh, BTW quadfather: did you ever get your controller or motor issue fixed? (don't remember seeing any news)

Nice vid
Ur brake levers are adjustable so thay can be moved,
For bite point and finger reach, urs look abit dodgy angle.
Have u thought about better tyres those look like 1920s road tyres,
Try a trail tyre 19x275 or 250 thay work off and on road, something like this
401219523300 Ebay

Another great vid Andy. If you're gonna be riding off-road you definitely need to get some knobbies on there. My bike is coming with the Evelbike Grizzly on the front which I believe to be the Duro Wildlife Leopard (I'm getting the 24" front wheel) and I'll be installing the Duro DM1155 (19") on the rear. My main use will be off-road.
Bike should be here next week [I hope I hope I hope ; )]

Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate the advice.

I agree on the tires, I'll have to have a look into it to see what's available on the UK, I know a couple of others have gone for Shinko's, I defo need something that will work both on and off road... I actually do more on road.

Huff I have my fingers crossed for you! When you get it will we be seeing any vids?!

andyjk said:
Thanks for the comments guys, appreciate the advice.
Huff I have my fingers crossed for you! When you get it will we be seeing any vids?!

Yes sir Andy, on my YT channel, http://www.DualSportTV.com.
Hope to use this ebike experience to revitalize the channel.

The bike arrived today!!! :mrgreen: Long story short, I drove to the couriers (30 miles) and was given a document to take to customs to get stamp so they could release the crate. So I drove 5 miles to the customs office and they needed a receipt or invoice to show how much I paid for the item, to determine if I owed any duties. The invoice was supposed to be on the crate, which it wasn't, so back to the house (30 miles) to print out an invoice which at this time I did not have!! On the way back to the house I emailed Alex at Evelbike (same company as EnduroEbike) to ask him to email me the invoice. He being in China I wasn't sure he would even be available at that time. Got back to the house and Alex had emailed the invoice and appologized it wasn't on the crate. Printed it out, back to customs, got it stamped, back to the couriers, loaded the crate and headed home!
Shipped in a wooden crate:
View attachment 3

Cardboard box inside wooden crate (notice invoice, was on the cardboard box inside the crate, go figure):
View attachment 2

Bike in box:
20161206_134541.jpg

And this is as far as I got before I had to go to work:
20161206_135106.jpg

I'm out of town working until this weekend :roll: and it's drivin' me crazy!!

Ordering the Duro DM1155 knobby for the rear end and the Exustar chain guide, first upgrades :lol:

Ahhh congratulations mate, the bike looks so shiny can't wait to see it ready to go! I would be doing my nut if I was out of town and had that sitting there! Great it has arrived just in time for Christmas though!

Let the fun commence!

@hufstuf
wow. you have so many bikes sitting there.. :)

the original rear is a Duro HF319 in 2.5" right?

could you please measure the rim width once you change that tire? i guess it's a 1.4".

Got to come home early!
Assembled the bike!
Assembled.jpg

Rode around the yard for a minute and OMG!! :mrgreen:
Left it in what you guys call the "legal" setting and WOW!
I think my battery is bigger than what you guys had initially, it's 72v 35Ah.
I honestly don't think I need any tweaking as far as power. Can't wait to get the knobby on the rear so it'll hook up. Kept spinning out with the stock rear!
After just a few minutes on the bike I will say I hope the brakes will settle in after some use or I'll be switching to hydros as well.
The suspension is way soft so I hope I can stiffen it up with adjustments or may have to get stiffer springs.
Mine came with a power button instead of a key:
Assembled-PwrButton.jpg
Hope to spend some time on it this weekend getting it setup properly and start the video series.

Let's go twist a grip :!: :!:

Hey guys, are there torque specs available for these bikes?
I'm getting ready to change the rear tire.
I assume I need to unplug the rear wheel from the controller to do so?

And has anyone tried this mod for better low end throttle response?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37190&start=25 (fetcher's post, variable resister)

joe81 said:
@hufstuf
wow. you have so many bikes sitting there.. :)

the original rear is a Duro HF319 in 2.5" right?

could you please measure the rim width once you change that tire? i guess it's a 1.4".
joe81 - the rim measures approximately 2.2" outside
19in_rim_outside.jpg
and 1.6" inside, where the tire bead sits.
View attachment 1
Hope that helps.

Got the Duro DM1155 mounted! I think this will hook up nicely! :D
Duro_DM1155_mounted.jpg
Get it back together tomorrow and start working on the brakes :p

Cheers

Yeah, that is going to hook like a boss.

Got 'er back together!
Duro DM1155 is a 70/100 x 19 and has plenty of clearance:
Tire Clearance_chainside.jpg
Tire Clearance_discside.jpg
View attachment 1
The only other things I have done thus far is switch the brakes, front on right like my motorcycles and rear on left (clutch side), lowered the shock mount bracket on the frame to raise the bike a little and removed the kickstand.
MyBike_20161212.jpg

looks great.
what is it that you don't like about the mechanical brakes?
i'm thinking about getting the same one (and the original duro tire) for the rear of my bike..

Thanks joe81,
I can't honestly say I don't like the brakes, yet. Haven't had time to adjust and seat in, but as is neither front nor back will lock up. No brake slides or stoppies :cry:
Weather has turned cold and nasty so will be a while before I get to work on it. Other than that, this bike is awesome!

And although that rear tyre looks mean as hell, it looks at home on that build,dont look to big,need sum vids now

Hi guys,

I've been watching this thread for a while now as I bought cfsmale's bike from him. I've upgraded the Infineon controller from 18fet to a 24fet and then to a sabvoton svmc 72150 as per AndyK plus a few other tweaks...... Brisk would be an understatement!

Jonno

How's everyone doing, I've been a little bit quiet on the bike lately partly due to having an accident on the E-Skateboard :? but I've got some more videos planned... meanwhile heres what happened.

[youtube]gSOekFVcHe8[/youtube]

Hi Andy,
Glad to see that you survived your "Well that didn't go according to plan" experience.

Tell me about your sabvoton settings as I'm having a few problems with my 3 position switch. Basically it has a mind of its own so you never know what your going to get 50%,75% or 100%!.......Fixed it. - now running the switch through the Cycle analyst V3

Managed to run my original CA V3 throttle through it as well so I can now have much more adjustment.

Jonno

Back