Please delete thread

I bought 6 of the Turnigy Graphene 4S 10000mah packs. Of those six one had a bad cell, but Hobbyking's customer service came through and replaced the pack. I plan to build a 12S2P 48V 20000mah pack for my BBSHD and really test these packs out. I'll be comparing them with the 16000mah multistars and a pack of Panasonic 1850's at 52V and 13500mah. It'll be a while before any conclusion is possible, but I look forward to the test.

-Jim

Dude if you manage to get them to me (Bratislava, Slovakia), I am in for 5.
Sadly they will not ship outside UK.

Can we delete the thread please please hobbyking are making me do the hard work on my parcel I refuse to give them any more custom stay away all, they do not have a UK telephone line to speak to anyone and accept no responsibility of parcels by the looks I'm £220 down for Xmas and that's all my money for the year I've saved I'm devastated and I don't even have the tracking number its a shambles.

I've had the same issue with other vendors, though not HK. (Probably helps that their warehouse is an hour away from my house) Items supposedly "in stock", and you pay through the nose for expedited delivery... and they don't even send the item for 4 weeks.

I am getting a bit over ordering from China. Yes, the sticker price is cheap, but even the loss of 1 in 10 orders can mean you're indirectly paying more, because not only are you losing the item, you pay more for shipping and you lose the shipping price as well.

Problem is that our hobby isn't mainstream. If you just want 3-4S 5Ah standard batteries used in RC models, you can just walk into a store and pay maybe 30-40% more, but have full warranty, support, and have the item in your hand. Want anything bigger, higher power density, or energy density, or special like Graphene, and you've got Buckley's or will be paying way over the odds.

Maybe it's time to buy local?

I won't be buying nothing this year now they have ripped me off and don't give a toss, thing is its Xmas and its a lot of money to say GC signed for it no track number fu*k off so I've got to chase a parcel I paid extra for express as well as spent up to a grand with them since I started out, i will never use the site again once this is resolved and if it ain't I hope they insured.

My last purchase from Hobbyking was several hundred dollars worth of supplies. Wire and connectors and such.
They sent my order to Arkansas not Arizona. The Hobbyking resolution center is worthless.
The the only place to complain and get a result in the U.S.A. is

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2139842-Introducing-HobbyKing-CS-NY-US-based-Customer-Product-Support!

My problem only took six months for a complete refund.

They say

For those that have had difficulties of any kind with us, just to let you know we at HK are all well aware of the shipping troubles, customer service troubles and all kinds of other issues you've been experiencing. We're working hard to improve ALL aspects of your interaction with us.
To that end we've opened a new, US-based Product/Customer service office in NY. Already in our short existence we have helped resolve a lot of issues. This office will be growing to take more of the load off the overseas CS offices and continue to strive towards a better customer experience. All of us here in the NY office are hobbyists and committed to improving the HK experience for everyone we interact with.
Some may feel this is only lip service and we understand that a lot of you have gotten the runaround from support in the past. We were all HK customers too before working here so we've experienced the ups and downs first hand and know how frustrating (and rewarding) it can be. We promise that if you deal with us here you will NOT get the runaround and your issue will be resolved quickly.

Right now I am awaiting a circuit board electrodes and pre programmed cpu from a suspected fraud site. It was not flagged as such until after Paypal cleared. Microsoft email flagged the site when He contacted me .

He sent me a request for more money claiming my email address ( Not my name) as my identity. I hate ordering from overseas.

That's what I've done opened a PayPal dispute and only then they contacted me :twisted:
That will take 20 days from purchase and 30 days to resolve so I may get my Xmas present or money back by February now if I'm lucky I just get this sorted before Xmas with a lost order that appears even though its stated signed for buy someone so I guess its gone but it sucks the trouble I've had since black Friday numerous emails and asking me to screen shot their own website just plain stupid.

Ianhill said:
a lost order that appears even though its stated signed for buy someone so I guess its gone but it sucks the trouble I've had since black Friday numerous emails and asking me to screen shot their own website just plain stupid.

I've had that issue before as well. What you need to do is call the courier company that was meant to do the delivery. Tell them that you did not receive the package, despite it being signed for by an unknown person, and you believe they went to the wrong address. Tell them you are about to ask the sender to make a claim for a lost package for £220, but you would like them to send the same driver back to the same house they dropped the box off at, and ask to pick it up and reship it to you.

I've successfully retrieved one package this way, but not a second time. If you aren't lucky, after 24 hours has passed, you can indicate to HobbyKing that they should lodge an insurance claim. Generally the courier company has 3 days to either find the package, or accept the claim. At that point, HobbyKing should agree to settle the dispute, and you should have your money back in just over a week instead of two months.

I appreciate that hobbyking are dealing with an outside company to deliver their parcels so I should also state that the service that has caused this trouble would be parcelforce express UK and hobbyking are trying to assist in telling me to be patient and wait, so the culperate is the parcel system at the end of the chain but amazon have got it sorted parcel wise any faults I've had is sortedbwithin 48 hours at most so far., And I still did have the trouble purchasing the deal in the firs place it was on their site but unobtainable at check out so they gave me a $20.00 gift so to be fair they are helping but I'm furious of the timing of it all.

Resolved thank the lord , thank you hobbyking for resolving the issue I'm happy chappy again now.

Sorry all for slandering hobbyking but truth be told it's the UK postage service that is the weak link no doubt.

Yes had the usps lose my Ping battery from China lost at the local office for 2 weeks a big heavy yellow box from china. Wasn't Ping's fault.

Just been checking the cells the worst was 10mv out so not bad I've seen alot worse and the internal resistance is measuring as 1milliohm and some cells 0mohm so some are around the 0.50mohm to 1.49 mohm range and others below 0.49mohm which is super low ive never had a cell go below 3mohm let Alone read 0 mohms on the Icharger so I've settled them all out now at 3.85v as thats what the manufacturer had set them to for storage ill check them tomorrow make sure they have settled at 3.85 and then after Xmas I'll see how the voltages have held after a week or so but I'm impressed with the presentation and quality so far.

Ianhill said:
Just been checking the cells the worst was 10mv out so not bad I've seen alot worse and the internal resistance is measuring as 1ohm and some cells 0ohm so some are around the 0.50ohm to 1.49 ohm range and others below 0.49ohm which is super low ive never had a cell go below 3ohm let Alone read 0 ohms on the Icharger so I've settled them all out now at 3.85v as thats what the manufacturer had set them to for storage ill check them tomorrow make sure they have settled at 3.85 and then after Xmas I'll see how the voltages have held after a week or so but I'm impressed with the presentation and quality so far.

I think you might be missing a "m" there.

If they were truly 1ohm, for every amp you put through the pack, you'd sag one volt.

A top quality LiPo might have 1mOhm per cell, depending on the cell size. Larger cell = lower resistance. A 4S, 5Ah battery would be considered good to have less than 4mOhm, with top quality ones sticking around the 1-2 mOhm mark. A 10Ah version would be good at 2mOhm, and a top quality high rate/nanotech/graphene one should be below the resolution of most cheap measuring tools.

Sounds like you got a top quality pack.

Yeah its milliohm sorry so is its 0.00049 Ohm and under too be rounding down reading zero milliohms and some cells rounding up and regestring 1 milliohms so those cells are typically 0.00050- 0.00149 ohms so theres a difference of upto 0.00149 ohm between the cells I can not get any more aqurate with my Icharger the discharge is only 30w pulse so its not a large enough discharge for this size c rating to give a clear reading but its promising when compared to other lipos on the same setup and I imagine when tested correctly the readings would be within 0.00080 ohm of each other or less as no cell will have zero resistance.

Back