FUTR frames, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batteries

Place for dealers to post items for sale.
Luk   100 mW

100 mW

Re: FUTR frames, Adaptto Controllers, Eaton Chargers, batter

Post by Luk » Dec 02 2016 8:43am

Me first :mrgreen:
Luk-ebike.fr

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 02 2016 4:38pm

Merlin wrote:
Allex wrote:Who wants some max-es? I can probably offer them really soon, before Christmas.
The new controller does have minor improvements over the previous ones. Nothing fancy, just better protection against failures I guess so you have less chances to blow fets.
So nobody can say what is exactly "different"?
I don't know how to blow fets with this regulated settings.
But cool that you are also offering that.
Mo max-s for the crowd :D
Yah, the controllers now come with FET bearings, runs smoother I guess :lol: :lol:

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 06 2016 4:32am

Hopefully I will have them in 2 weeks. Will update status here and the web!

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 06 2016 5:51pm

Rix wrote:
Merlin wrote:
Allex wrote:Who wants some max-es? I can probably offer them really soon, before Christmas.
The new controller does have minor improvements over the previous ones. Nothing fancy, just better protection against failures I guess so you have less chances to blow fets.
So nobody can say what is exactly "different"?
I don't know how to blow fets with this regulated settings.
But cool that you are also offering that.
Mo max-s for the crowd :D
Yah, the controllers now come with FET bearings, runs smoother I guess :lol: :lol:

Well all I know is that they have upgraded the drivers(three small green boards inside), maybe a better design, previous version was v 7 and older models had v6 boards. I guess we will now see v8
V6 vs v7

Altair   100 W

100 W

Post by Altair » Dec 07 2016 9:21am

Hi Alex,

Could you contact them to ask what is new exactly, why it has been improved, does it affects all 3 models or only the Max-E, etc...
As you are one of their only 2 distributors, I think that you should be in the know, right? It's part of keeping good relations with the customers.
Adaptto has not been present for many months now on E-S, it would be good to know what's happening behind the scene, what are their future plans.

Thanks

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 07 2016 11:03am

I think that you should be in the know, right? It's part of keeping good relations with the customers.
In making an assumption here, Allex may be privy to certain future R&D developments, upgrades, and updates, that he can't divulge due to privacy disclosure agreements. We all may have to exercise some patience. I want to know whats coming down the pipe as well, I see my next building being equipped with the mini E.

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 08 2016 5:33am

Hi,
As Rix said, a lot of this is internel R&D so I will not disclose all of it and there a lot of things that they do not want to discuss with me.
There has been a delay in production of new units and part of this is that they redesigned it a bit.
But the main difference is that the three Drivers are now measuring current on all three phases separately(they can see current from three phases), unlike before where all three measured on the shunt. Therefore, controller can go into protect mode much faster to keep the controller from poffing.
All in all, there is no performance difference and for those who are wiring everything correctly and(most importantly) protect all the wiring from potential shortage while you ride, you will not gain from any of this.

We see number of failures of these controllers but most of the time it is user related like non proper motor setup in the software but mostly WIRING - a short somewhere, so the new version will be better at this, to protect itself from user error :)

I cannot tell you if this change will be done on the minis and midis but lets just hope they will do the same for them eventually.

I can ship Max-es starting next week so you can place your orders using website. There is a limited quantity of them though, only 15pcs.

CobraJet   1 W

1 W

Post by CobraJet » Dec 08 2016 7:14am

It wouldn't surprise me if the modifications you speak help decrease heat and increase overall efficiency as well!

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 08 2016 8:59pm

CobraJet wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if the modifications you speak help decrease heat and increase overall efficiency as well!
you know thats got to be one of the advantages. But these controllers are so efficient as it is, its hard to see how that can be improved.

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Dec 09 2016 4:55am

On one of my Max-E controllers there is a problem with the Suspend mode. It "goes asleep" after the set time, but after a few seconds it always goes on without doing anything. This repeats until the battery is empty which will be quite fast (2kW battery probabaly will get deep discharged in about a month).

I contacted Adaptto and made a vid to show the problem. First they say this is a huge problem and the engineers will fix it as soon as possible. After a month later, when i asked for the progress, they say this won't be fixed and the feature suspend mode will no more be available in future firmware.
Than i asked what i should do now as this is earlier version of the Max-E without the on/off function.
Got no answer since a month or so.

It seems the engineers mostly decide for the easy way and simple remove the feature if there is a problem, instead of investing time for a fix or reprogramming (like they did with the antitheft feature or DC/DC function which is now only available in unlocked firware).

I don't want to whine around here, but i had been one of the first persons who bought Adaptto, made a build thread here in ES and there was an article about my bike and the upgrade to Adaptto on a popular e-bike site. Adaptto minimum sold 10 controllers to people in my area because of my recommendation. I got many PN's and gave support for free - Not to mention the never ending firmware updates and testing for free at the very beginning.

oct. 2013: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewt ... 75#p814556

Now Adaptto treat my issues like this. For real?? :x

Sorry Allex for posting this here. Your support is great and i don't blame you for it.
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- Fully road legal (L1E approval) e-bike based on Votec V-FR frame
/ MXUS 3T / 17" Mitas MC11 / Adaptto Max-E / 20s12p 25R
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 09 2016 5:14am

Ah, Those were the days Madin, 24000rubles for a set of Max-e about 380USD in todays FX.
Did you talked about your issue with Oleg and mentioning about your early review of the controller, perhaps they should offer you and upgrade to ON/off on your old controller. But the shipping cost makes it counterproductive.

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Dec 09 2016 6:04am

One thing should be fix now from what Adaptto has discussed:
there will come a new firmware and unfortunately the suspend mode feature will no more be part of it

Yes, Oleg was the contact person.
I can't tell if he knows about that early review and my part as an early adopter, but before him, andreym was the person who gave me support, and later it was somebody else from adaptto.
Allex, i agree with you that sending that one Max-E to moscow for soldering the on/off wouldn't be reasonable. I have the skills to solder it my own, but what i'm really fed up with is the again necessary time investment it needs to fix that (deinstallation from the bike etc).
Not to mention that if i'd like to upgrade all the other early controllers to future firmware, i'm forced to add the on/off on those as well :x
- 10kW belt drive with Neumotor 8057: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=91144&start=50#p1377787
- KTM Hardtail Pedelec / eZee V2 6T / 27,5" / Kelly KBSX @ 1,5kW / Torque PAS / CA-V3 / 13s4p Sanyo GA in Shark case

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 24 2016 5:45pm

The new Max-e are now beefed up with 8AWG wires.
The firmware is a whole new version and as you can see in the profiles, now you can dial around 200A DC amps with unlocked version! That should be like 16kW at 80V or 18kW at 90v.
Attachments
max.jpg
max.jpg (195.89 KiB) Viewed 2198 times

gensem   100 kW

100 kW

Post by gensem » Dec 26 2016 6:17am

Hi Allex, nice to hear about a beefedup Max-e.
Does adaptto plan to release a controller with more fets? like 24 or 36?
Last edited by gensem on Dec 26 2016 6:48am, edited 1 time in total.
Justin we really appreciate what you did!

madin88   100 MW

100 MW

Post by madin88 » Dec 26 2016 6:24am

wow! thats a great enhancement :) want one 8)
did you went already through the entire setup and settings of that firmware?
and do you know if it will be compatible with previous generations of Max-E?

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 26 2016 9:03am

Allex wrote:The new Max-e are now beefed up with 8AWG wires.
The firmware is a whole new version and as you can see in the profiles, now you can dial around 200A DC amps with unlocked version! That should be like 16kW at 80V or 18kW at 90v.
Will thelatest generation controllers work with the TC series?

Merlin   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Merlin » Dec 29 2016 12:37pm

hmm...my "old" MaxE has also AWG8 allready and latest RC4 firmware had also 200DC Amps. I posted a few screenshots with 17KW allready.

but maybe you can tell me why or how it was possible that a buddy of me got an Display with GREEN Sidecover? first we thought it was an old display. but the buttons are from the new design.
needles to say it was from vector.

chucho   1 kW

1 kW

Post by chucho » Dec 30 2016 7:39am

Merlin wrote:hmm...my "old" MaxE has also AWG8 allready and latest RC4 firmware had also 200DC Amps. I posted a few screenshots with 17KW allready.

but maybe you can tell me why or how it was possible that a buddy of me got an Display with GREEN Sidecover? first we thought it was an old display. but the buttons are from the new design.
needles to say it was from vector.
I got very surpriced also. I bought a Midi from someone on endless and it also had Green Sidecover. He told me it was bought from vector some months ago. Have not talk yet to Arthur but reading you seems i am not the only one.
Someone who does not doubt is a danger to the rest

9c+24slipo+60A lyen12fets+CAv3+26"hookworms=Fun commute
Cargobike+9c+13s33Ah=Fun transport
Kona entourage+ gng+ 40A lyen12fets+CAv3=Fun crosscountry
Flux+adaptto Max-e+Mxusv2+19" shinko= Monster fun Any Way

Merlin   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Merlin » Dec 30 2016 1:23pm

i know from 2 ppl that ordered and paid the "only 10 available" offer.

one got the black display. another the green. from the same "new batch"

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 30 2016 3:31pm

So do the black side covers perform better than the green side covers? Man, if the black performs better, I am spray painting mine black. :lol:

chucho   1 kW

1 kW

Post by chucho » Dec 30 2016 3:51pm

Rix wrote:So do the black side covers perform better than the green side covers? Man, if the black performs better, I am spray painting mine black. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You made me laugth :mrgreen:
I think black screen gives you 1kv more :mrgreen:
Someone who does not doubt is a danger to the rest

9c+24slipo+60A lyen12fets+CAv3+26"hookworms=Fun commute
Cargobike+9c+13s33Ah=Fun transport
Kona entourage+ gng+ 40A lyen12fets+CAv3=Fun crosscountry
Flux+adaptto Max-e+Mxusv2+19" shinko= Monster fun Any Way

Rix   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Rix » Dec 30 2016 10:26pm

chucho wrote:
Rix wrote:So do the black side covers perform better than the green side covers? Man, if the black performs better, I am spray painting mine black. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You made me laugth :mrgreen:

At least!

Allex   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Allex » Dec 31 2016 6:49am

I dont know yet if the firmware on the new Max-es is compatible with older versions. But my bet is no.
No informations regarding TC series. They have yet to test it on the Crown series, honestly I dont think there is a difference to this new one.

Regarding displays, sometimes they make them green and sometimes black, nothing I can do about it :)
All my new Max-e are now sold out. There was a lot of people queuing for them.
Happy new year!

brumbrum   100 kW

100 kW

Post by brumbrum » Dec 31 2016 5:21pm

Please let me know when more come available.
Happy New Year :)
My NYX and cromotor build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74615
My LMX 161 dirt bike build
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=94074

Merlin   100 kW

100 kW

Post by Merlin » Jan 01 2017 3:30pm

Rix wrote:
chucho wrote:
You made me laugth :mrgreen:

At least!
no problem if we know that BEFORE we buy the 1000$ package.
this green covers are ugly as hell. what did you think why they have switched to black? :mrgreen:
when i buy stuff from china that is 3 or 4 times cheaper i know its all the time a bit of a surprise what will be in your package.
now its luck to get a green or black one from adaptto......okay. learning process never ends. so IF i order again i will/i have to ask/order the black one....