E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Rix said:
So did you ever get it running MB? Looks great in flat black. Looks like the front tire was mounted backwards.

Yes she is running!! Running very well.
Great eye. Yes the front tire is mounted wrong direction but still works fine. On my list of things to do.

Microbatman said:
Rix said:
So did you ever get it running MB? Looks great in flat black. Looks like the front tire was mounted backwards.

Yes she is running!! Running very well.
Great eye. Yes the front tire is mounted wrong direction but still works fine. On my list of things to do.

Glad to hear it. Funny thing about mounting the tire backwards is, when you use the front brake off road, it will hook better.

been busy adding things to the Phasor - both of which have turned out well, so I thought I would post here.

Added mudhugger mudguards - after a trip in the rain, needed something, and I don't really like the rear guards that are attached to the seat post. https://www.themudhugger.us.com/
With the Phasor, they don't line close to the tire at the rear - project out a bit more aggressively. Got standard rear, and long front. The sides of the front mudguard needed to be cut off, as there wasn't enough clearance between the wheel and the fork. Very easy to attach, with zipties

Also added a kickstand - found a cheap kickstand on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/401235258500 , so rather than buying the more expensive Moose or similar, got this. Had to pack out both side and bottom with wood to get it to fit - but fits really well

Next up: the front lights doctorbrody advised in another thread, once the clamps arrive. Nice when things actually work out as you had hoped!
IMG_1412.JPG
IMG_1414.JPG
IMG_1415.JPG
View attachment 1
IMG_1417.JPG

Fenders look good. Looks like you have 2.75 or 3.00 on the rear, does it look like it's wide enough to catch most water? Same question on the front fender?

Those lights look excellent in that other thread. Let see a picture after you mount them up. I assume you bought the brackets he linked to?

Tom

litespeed said:
Fenders look good. Looks like you have 2.75 or 3.00 on the rear, does it look like it's wide enough to catch most water? Same question on the front fender?

Those lights look excellent in that other thread. Let see a picture after you mount them up. I assume you bought the brackets he linked to?

Tom
Tom,

24 x 3" inch both front and rear. The front fender only just clears the tire, so it catches almost all of the water; the rear not quite as much, but still gets say 80%, with a bit of spray at the side.
the first 3 photos are the front - you can see how close it is to the tire. the 4th photo shows the flare at the rear; the 5th, where I placed it on the swingarm. I could maybe have placed it about 2 to 3 inches further back, which would have put it much closer to the tire and made it more effective - but I prefer the aesthetics of where it is!

Regarding the lights; yes, I bought the same brackets he referenced. Will post once I get them - I think I will hang under the bars, not mount on top.
IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1419.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1422.JPG

Looks nice PRW. I bought the same kickstand and had a friend cut/weld the clamp portion so it fit better then painted it black. Works well for me very solid.

ohzee said:
Looks nice PRW. I bought the same kickstand and had a friend cut/weld the clamp portion so it fit better then painted it black. Works well for me very solid.
thanks - I am going to paint (plasti dip) it back. Agree, very sturdy
litespeed said:
Thanks for the pics.....I have a 19 x2.75 front and 17 x 3.00 rear. I like that look.

Tom
looking forward to seeing photos!

Updates to come in the future for the few still on this thread.
-Front Headlight, something baja style or circle in the front
-New controller
-Reconfiguration of the batteries
-New wiring harness and fuses etc.
-Oil cooling motor to aid with additional power (before and after test to come) Or if somebody would like a BMC V4 in a 26inch rim for a bigger motor? :D??
-Tire liners, stiffer tires, anything to stop flats.

And more vids because I enjoy my camera!
I biffed a bit in this vid.
[youtube]RRIdcjQ1vds[/youtube]

Right on JT, nice little crash at 3 minutes, liked the video, I would like to see David Pearce get back in the game of ebike frame building. To my knowledge, he is the first of the DIY options. Thanks for making the vid, look forward to seeing more.

JtHaas said:
Updates to come in the future for the few still on this thread.
-Front Headlight, something baja style or circle in the front
-New controller
-Reconfiguration of the batteries
-New wiring harness and fuses etc.
-Oil cooling motor to aid with additional power (before and after test to come) Or if somebody would like a BMC V4 in a 26inch rim for a bigger motor? :D??
-Tire liners, stiffer tires, anything to stop flats.

And more vids because I enjoy my camera!
I biffed a bit in this vid.
[youtube]RRIdcjQ1vds[/youtube]
nice video - and not the first time you have crashed, I see! :D
[youtube]-Khe-VKmpzg[/youtube] nice riding overall!

Decided I didn't like the tangle of cables from the front headlights and the CA being visible. Found a Kawasaki headlight on EBay http://m.ebay.com/itm/252760287696? , trimmed it down (cut it in half ) and installed it. Much neater.
IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_1674.JPG

Rodney64 said:
Good to see the forums still active. How are you liking the Phasor PRW.
Hey Rod,
Loving the Phasor, thanks! Very plush, stable ride. For street and high speed trails, it is great, the way it is set up.

I had a minor mishap (accidental wheelie event :D ) which broke the rear fender. Rather than replacing it exactly as it was, using the same type Mudhugger, I cut the base at 45 degrees and re-joined it with glue. Drilled new fixing holes for the zipties which go through and secure both pieces.

New alignment provides much more resistance to mud and water spray - doesn't look quite as good, imho, but more effective.
IMG_1714.JPG

IMG_1715.JPG

IMG_1716.JPG

IMG_1717.JPG

IMG_1718.JPG

PRW said:
Decided I didn't like the tangle of cables from the front headlights and the CA being visible. Found a Kawasaki headlight on EBay http://m.ebay.com/itm/252760287696? , trimmed it down (cut it in half ) and installed it. Much neater.
View attachment 1

That headlight fairing looks a little too big :p I actually found a company that sells headlights with full plastic fairings like you'd find on a dirtbike. (Mountainbike sized)

I've been lazy guys :D i've just been riding my bike. I don't have too much time with college to make videos or post up here and also I'm afraid to run any more power than I currently am through my v4 bmc. I can't afford any other motor though.
Do you guys think it could handle 50-60amps at 55volts? Or 15s. Otherwise I'll stick with my safer side still... Regardless if there's anything you want to see from the phasor let me know. I'm hoping to put it against some 110 kawi's in the future. I'll most certainly video tape that one haha!

Rodney64 said:
Has anyone tried a cyclone middrive on a Phasor

I've been thinking about this for a good while now. Noise is definitely a factor to consider and also the idea that it isn't worth it for just 3000 watts of power.
Regardless though it requires a new back wheel and obviously a more substanstial way of mounting which would involve frame drilling or something to prevent the motor from swaying and bucking. If I were to make my phasor I mid drive I personally feel the pedals wouldn't even be worth it at that point. Direct chainlines between the motor and wheel are much stronger. You couldn't run too much power without it falling apart. The lightning rods go through incredible wear and tear at anything over 3000w because the motors function with the pedals. Normal bike chains can't really handle that power either without maintenance (It would have to be a bmx chain as well). Personally I really like the way my bike is balanced right now but if I someone put it all together and found solutions to all those problems (not including noise) I'd be happy to do them to my bike in all honesty :D any input?

yeah why are people using mtb chains on high rpm motor and not motor cross chains or ti ? :pancake:

so.... I found that riding the bike on longer trips, my neck would start to hurt after about 20 miles. This seemed to be due to leaning too far forward - so I replaced the handlebars with 5" riser bars, and flat grips at the same time. So much more comfortable!

View attachment 1

thumbnail_IMG_2199.jpg

Back