Faraday Future car

Hehe... "Tesla Reports Surprise Profit on Record Quarterly Sales":
http://www.sci-tech-today.com/news/...ise-Profit-/story.xhtml?story_id=131009R73QB7

Includes:
Nevada's state treasurer, Dan Schwartz, is wondering whether Faraday has a future.

"My sense is we're not getting the whole story, and that really is the issue," he said. "I'm not persuaded that the money is there to complete the project."

"My questions are all about how they finance this," he continued. "I'm afraid it will never be financed and implode in the middle" of the project, leaving Nevada taxpayers on the hook for millions in state incentives offered to Faraday.

At the center of Schwartz's concern is Jia Yueting, the Chinese entrepreneur backing Faraday Future.

Schwartz, who traveled to Beijing in February to learn more about Jia and has been studying his activities since then, said Jia finances Faraday with borrowed funds that are backed by shares in Leshi Internet Information & Technology Corp., a company he founded.

"The stock is worth [about] half of what he started with," Schwartz said.

Currently trading at about $6.80 a share, it's down 45% from its high in May last year. From December 2015 to June this year, the stock didn't trade at all -- it was suspended at the company's request for reasons that remain unclear.

Faraday's bill payment problem with Aecom demonstrates, at the very least, a cash-flow issue.

Aecom needs the cash to buy materials and pay subcontractors at the Faraday factory site, set on a bleak alluvial landscape in North Las Vegas near Nellis Air Force Base. Construction hasn't begun.

Aecom deferred questions to Faraday.

Faraday must post a $75-million performance bond before the state issues bonds to pay for infrastructure around the site, including roads, water lines, electric connections and sewer pipes, Schwartz said.

In a special session in December, pushed by Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval, the state legislature granted Faraday a $335-million incentive package, including $215 million in tax breaks.

There will be no infrastructure without the performance bond, Schwartz said. "My position is if these bonds aren't going to be paid, I'm not going to issue them," he told a local radio station this year.

The company had told him it expected to post the bond by September, "but right now they're just pushing dirt around," Schwartz said. Workers are currently grading the 900-acre site to prepare for construction.

The plant, if built, is expected to cost $1 billion over 10 years and employ about 4,500 workers.

Checked it out in person at CES. It kinda looks like an SUV mated with an aluminum turtle, but if it hauls ass and doesn't poison the atmosphere, more power to them.

For the life of me, I can not understand the ugly front ends they put on many of these high end EV's. It is not like they have to have massive cooling openings for large combustion power plants. Is this the best they can do on styling? Lighting is cool. Did they say what is the battery cell size format is?

Faraday Future says it has received over 64,000 reservations for its FF 91 electric vehicle in 36 hours

Seen here:
https://electrek.co/page/2/

LockH said:
Faraday Future says it has received over 64,000 reservations for its FF 91 electric vehicle in 36 hours

Seen here:
https://electrek.co/page/2/

I see that tesla is going to the 2170 cell but nothing on the Faraday cell, other than the claim it's the highest energy dense cell and the guy holding it up in the vid I posted a few back. It does look like a 2170 also. Hard to tell. Sounds like 18650 will be on close out lists shortly. 8)

lester12483 said:
Faraday future car = vapoware
?? the car exists...more than you can say for many other proposed EVs..
but can they can bring it to market in quantity is a different question
..and 2.39 secs to 60 ??..who really needs that ?
i wonder what compromises they made on efficiency, range, or cost,..just to get that acceleration.

ext

(The Wall Street Journal says last December 5:)
Former Bloomberg Editor Joshua Topolsky Launches ‘The Outline’
Venture-backed site debuts with Snapchat-inspired navigation and three top sponsors

... and posts on Youtube:Everything wrong with Faraday Future’s “Tesla killer”
[youtube]HA18oyyG-xg[/youtube]

(Caption on YT:)
Published on Jan 6, 2017
Faraday Future is a mysterious electric car company with cool ideas and not much else. The company has seemed to do little but run up debt and watch its high-profile executives jump ship.

I watched it drive and haul ass at CES.

That's less vaporware than VW talking about having good EVs.

Faraday Future FF91 | Fully Charged
Published on Jan 5, 2017
A special short news update on the recent launch/reveal of the much hyped Faraday Future FF 91.
Hint: It's not slow.
Normal Fully Charged weekly shows start next week.

[youtube]IDdLPuV8w2w[/youtube]

Back