Hubmonster 94% efficient 7kw NO LONGER FOR SALE

Thats a shame, I was kind of hoping to see more people follow steveo's power build. Are motors discontinued from manufacturer so last of your stock is sold?

John in CR said:
Sorry guys but the best hubmotors in the world are no longer available for sale to the public.

That was an incredible motor my friend with impressive quality, thank you for offering them for so long.

In hindsight it would be fun to get a few made though in a mxus size. I might do it for a one off and play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 samd let us know if take on orders if you decide to make 6 phase mxus.

It'd have to have some benefit macribs. I assume the copper fill would be lower.

Dont wanna derail this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad i got mine!

It took me 3-4 yrs to put it on a bike.. but with the dual adapttos.. it is a beast

motor cooling will be in the future.. and a front fork .. and wheel.. my bike really needs it!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aPGiMdivpW8

-Steveo

For a little added cost, and a shit ton of knowledge to get the efficiency high, its possible to get similar motor custom made. Maybe the only stop gap is the design of the lamination, and the type of lams.

John in CR said:
Sorry guys but the best hubmotors in the world are no longer available for sale to the public.
But "No longer available for sale to the public" is code for you need a very high MOQ and a ton of money for them to even look at you. I'm betting 50 MOQ seems to be the norm from my cursorary look at other motors not even close to CR's pot of gold find.

I hope I'm not hijacking or in some other way intruding this topic, but I've seen somebody was searching such hub some time ago.
I've hubmonster for sale. You can find it here:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=92322

minde28383 said:
I hope I'm not hijacking or in some other way intruding this topic, but I've seen somebody was searching such hub some time ago.

Sorry but you don't have a HubMonster and no 205x55 hubmotor even comes close.

markz said:
There has got to be motors out there in production that are similar.

No unfortunately because the guy who designed them holds the Chinese and international patents, and while they don't respect international patents, they do respect Chinese patents. He's on to high price stuff, bigger motors for cars, etc. I had the lady at the scooter factory that made them contact the guy, and she said he had no interest in licensing new production runs without silly high fees.

John in CR said:
minde28383 said:

Sorry but you don't have a HubMonster and no 205x55 hubmotor even comes close.

I did not remove stator but I hope I measured correctly. - magnets width is 60mm; ring diameter 205mm.
20magnets
24tooth
6 wires, two pair halls.
runs by two 3 phase controllers
12'' alum cast rim and hub weight with tyre - 21kg
Not sure how hub is called but it looks very similar as in your posts.

Does anybody have diagram of hubmonster or similar (two 3 phase) windings connection diagram?
Something like this:

Attachments

• wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3,440
minde28383 said:
Does anybody have diagram of hubmonster or similar (two 3 phase) windings connection diagram?
Something like this:

No, but it's not rocket science to take away half the teeth and map out a wind that ignores half the stator. I did it for a AP 12090 outrunner.

So John in CR, if you were to suggest a comparable motor to someone still wanting a Hubmonster - Which would it be?

SHiFT said:
So John in CR, if you were to suggest a comparable motor to someone still wanting a Hubmonster - Which would it be?

Due to the high quality lam steel and special magnets they're too expensive to make, so comparable hubmotors don't exist. Best thing to do is find a used scooter that has one, such as the RMartin. If you don't need high speed, then there are plenty of options, though typically heavier. The HubMonster series of motors, due to the combination of relatively low slot and pole count along with the top quality materials make them capable of high rpm with low iron losses, so they don't create a bunch of heat to dissipate even at highway speeds. That has yet to be duplicated in another hubmotor.

aw damn. sounds like the monsters were the best. i thought to get one but the cast hub diddnt appeal to me at the time...

Back