MXUS coming out with a 5K-Turbo motor, 55mm Magnets

33X3T = 13.47 Kv, Max continuous Phase current of 198A
25X4T = 10.07 Kv, Max continuous Phase current of 150A

Mmmm mmmm mmmm I'sa Likes :twisted:
Imagine that 3T is a casted wheel smallest you can get it Oh Man Oh Man!!!!

I am sold on one 4 SURE! I gotta compare #'s to the 3K model. I hope they make the axle good for larger wires. That is all I am concerned with. Have people dremeled their axles for a larger opening? The lengthwise is fine for me I got shit stuffed in their to the max, its coming out I got issues. I will do a search, but I am still trying to stuff my cover plate on. I will warm up my Dremel I guess. Need to practice for the 5k.

Samd said:
Barent and I have asked for samples and trying to firm up timing. The only one in existence is a CNC sample.

I am hoping everyone has noticed the magnet and spoke radius - it won't be a stealthy unit to hide behind a 203mm brake rotor. Haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, I got a 255mm disk rotor just for that :lol: Its a biggin for sure. It doesn't bother me the it wont be concealable as easy as the 3K. The word is out now here in the states. Even the most clueless people encountered on the trail can look at any one of my bikes and know its electric. 5 years ago when I got my Bomber, almost no one figured out what I was doing.

......unless you install panniers to hide the motor. Which is what I'd totally do even if I did not use them. frock I'd buy some used old worn out p.o.s. panniers just for that.

markz said:
......unless you install panniers to hide the motor. Which is what I'd totally do even if I did not use them. frock I'd buy some used old worn out p.o.s. panniers just for that.
:lol: :lol:

yah, but then it looks like an old fart's bike. Remember, "its better to be dead and cool, then alive and un-cool". Don Johnson, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man.

Stator Material: Unknown
# magnets/Pole Pairs: 32 magnets & 36 tooth stator design.
Magnet Height: 55mm
Standard Winding: 33x3T
Kv: 13.47 (970 RPM at 72V, 4A unloaded)
Rated Max. Torque: 110 Nm
Drop-out Width: 150mm, 220mm wide axle, overall. M16 X 1.5 Threading, with 10mm flats.
Weight: 13 Kilograms.
Single-Speed freewheel, M35x1 Threads.
Phase wires: 6mm2 (about 9 AWG)
Dual sets of hall sensors & KTY83/110 temperature sensors
Left side cover accepts disc brake rotors.

Stay tuned. More information to come! :D[/quote]

The rated max torque doesnt make sense to me? 110Nm max? The QS 205 is around 180Nm with a 50mm wide stator. The 55mm wide stator should pump out i would have guessed an extra 20Nm on top of the QS205? Maybe the kv's of the motors i have compared are way apart. My guess is these are pretty conservative numbers from mxus and i feel obliged to the es community to get my hands on one to test out 8)

I must say that I'm very thrilled about new motor, but here are few things I'm looking answers for:

Only 110nm from 55mm magnets... Motors with 45mm magnets and diameter 205 can do more than 110nm. How you get 110nm number? We must be talking about 200nm for 225 diameter and 55mm magnets.
Only 6mm2 phase wires? This will be 13kg motor and 6mm2 wires... This may be not compatible.

Now main question:
Is motor axle hole big enough for 10mm2 wire? Maybe axle drawing is available and we can start manufacturing axles.

minde28383 said:
I must say that I'm very thrilled about new motor, but here are few things I'm looking answers for:

Only 110nm from 55mm magnets... Motors with 45mm magnets and diameter 205 can do more than 110nm. How you get 110nm number? We must be talking about 200nm for 225 diameter and 55mm magnets.
Only 6mm2 phase wires? This will be 13kg motor and 6mm2 wires... This may be not compatible.

Now main question:
Is motor axle hole big enough for 10mm2 wire? Maybe axle drawing is available and we can start manufacturing axles.

This will be 13kg motor and 6mm2 wires... This is compatible.

Since MXUS got into the trouble of designing new motor chassis, and even increasing the diameter of spoke flange, why not drill paired spoke holes at last???

DoctorBass thanks for the heads up!
Really appreciated!

I hope thats a 50H+ design and nominal wattage rated motor, if so I am very tempted to snag it....VERY TEMPTED!
:lol:

Looking deeper - Magnet height is 55mm, same 150nM business, open size 150mm, 15kg is the stated weight, double the halls. Looks like I'm buying again from MXUS.

welcome to mxus...
next you should register 3-5 email addresses to check out which mxus dude gives you the best price....
one of them told me 3000w is good for 100kph on a regular bicycle because voltage + rpm makes 100kph.
....yup no load..../nonono you will be able to ride 100kph with your bike...

:roll: :mrgreen:

anyway..... subbed :D

No no there will be a few 1 posters commenting on how great the motor is LOL
I am sure the motor will be great, I dont see why not. A good company doing good business.

teslanv said:
Looks like the same one MXUS told me about. Looks like you guys don't need me any more. ;)

Just because this motor already is listed (or pics of it shown) on Alibaba, it doesn't mean that you already can buy it.
So please stay here and keep us posted :)

madin88 said:
teslanv said:
Looks like the same one MXUS told me about. Looks like you guys don't need me any more. ;)

Just because this motor already is listed (or pics of it shown) on Alibaba, it doesn't mean that you already can buy it.
So please stay here and keep us posted :)

You are right Madin88!

Doc

Last report from MXUS was that these motors would be ready for production after the Chinese New Year.

China is about ready to shut down for 2+ weeks for the Holidays. You will have the best luck (response) if you wait until the second week of February to send them an order request.

At this point, I don't have plans to order a Prototype. Or any more MXUS motors for that matter. There just isn't any value in it for us, when you guys can buy direct from the manufacturer for the same prices we get.

Explains your website teslanv
Understandable

Quokka from below this post - Yeah it is disappointing, MXUS should have given them larger discounted rates on bulk buys. I remember reading the cost and it was cheaper then what I paid for from the factory in China buying just one. Greed plays a role in it for sure, on MXUS' part. Maybe buy a bulk order and the next round its cheaper. Too many winds though for that.

It is. But its been looming.

But there are other options. There's still a few things that could be changed in this motor.

In the end its just a 9" stator on an axle that Teslanv advised them on. 55mm wide is becoming the norm now for a few chinese suppliers including the factory that makes stators for mxus.

I am contemplating taking this in a whole new direction with another maker for a similar sized motor.

Quokka said:
Love the picture they are using for the v5 on alibaba.
Look familiar teslanv?
Hahahaha!
Wow. That's just flagrant disrespect!!!
And of course, that's the 3000W motor on there, not the 5K. :roll:

I already now from experience that MXUS does not care about pics. Nevertheless I can't wait till somebody will try out their new motor with at least battery 100a and 300a phase.
From my point of view nearest competitor for this motor would be qs 3000w v3. Even Mxus will have less copper but maybe it will get additional benefits of being wider and bigger in diameter.

55mm is the new norm among suppliers and this is just a step up to a 9" stator. Easy to get it made on a bike axle.

Samd said:
In the end its just a 9" stator on an axle that Teslanv advised them on. 55mm wide is becoming the norm now for a few chinese suppliers including the factory that makes stators for mxus.

how did you come to the realization that it is a 9" stator?
according to the technical drawing, the smallest outer diamter is 225mm.
if you count off the thickness of the back iron, the magnets and the air gap, it seems to be a 205mm stator as basically used on such motors.

Back