Alibaba 50 dollars VESC worth it?

Any updates?

Wonder if it is possible to order small quantities (1-2) by now?

I got a mp83mm motor and it lasted 2 days, blew up. It didn't take me though.

ralphy said:
I got a mp83mm motor and it lasted 2 days, blew up. It didn't take me though.

We're glad you're ok Ralphy!

Can you share a picture of your setup and the burned ESC so we can perhaps figure out what happened? I've got projects running this controller and I'm curious to see failure modes (which may or may not be related to mfg issues or swapped component choice or whatever).

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/YfcNJ3yFgbg
liveforphysics said:
ralphy said:
I got a mp83mm motor and https://youtu.be/YfcNJ3yFgbgit lasted 2 days, blew up. It didn't take me though.

We're glad you're ok Ralphy!

Can you share a picture of your setup and the burned ESC so we can perhaps figure out what happened? I've got projects running this controller and I'm curious to see failure modes (which may or may not be related to mfg issues or swapped component choice or whatever).

Thanks!

Sure
Well the motor I'm pretty sure was defective since the beginning because it got really hot just riding slowly at 15 mph on a flat surface. The vesc had the old 2.16 firmware and I upgraded it to 2.18 via BLDC so I can read it's configuration and reduce the power output. It was way to sensitive powerful and fast.

This is a video I sent the manufacture of the failure. Hopefully the vesc didn't get damaged

Did you also buy your vesc from ali?

Which seller did you use?

20160922_155814_001_crop_345x295.jpg
mrpj said:
Did you also buy your vesc from ali?

Which seller did you use?

I bought it all together, motor vesc and control. I wouldnt like to specify the seller since the issue hasnt been resoved yet and my intention is to build a good project no give them bad publicity.

Any news on the case? I'm about to buy new VESCs and would like to know if the issue got resolved before buying.
thank you.

Back