Vector bike and frame owners.

Its getting fishi around here.. Comeone guys that has nothing to do anymore with Vector. I like reading stuff in this thread but not your argumentation about such off topic things.. :pancake:

DasDouble said:
Its getting fishi around here.. Comeone guys that has nothing to do anymore with Vector. I like reading stuff in this thread but not your argumentation about such off topic things.. :pancake:
agree! for me this thing is done.

ziltoid81 said:
I also dont get the story 100% right so far........but dont have time to read everything either.
Battery was unbalanced since day 1 or not?
For me its no problem to check a battery, others dont even know what a single cell is........or a cell group etc.....or how to measure its voltage....what drift is dangerous and what is normal.

read a few posts from here:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=85372#p1248326

given thats the truth, you know everything.

Artur said:
Part 2

[youtube]83dLpQEn2Co[/youtube]

@Artur: Awesome vid. How long can you drive like this in minutes / hours until you have to charge again? :D

My Vector finished (start this summer...)
Very smooth et enough power to go on mountain (i live in Alps France)

18S LIPO 20AH x 6 = 75V 40AH mxus 3000 v3 4T
setup 3 speeds switch : 25km/h (1000W), 50 Kkm/h (2500W) and 75km/s (5000W/70A)

Wheel 26" with tyre Kenda 2,70, Wattmeter , charge plug and soon charger under seat, KTM Theme because i've got it (Duke 690)

That bike is looking great. Nowadays there are also black screws available. Just ask Anastasia for it, if you are interested :)

DasDouble said:
That bike is looking great. Nowadays there are also black screws available. Just ask Anastasia for it, if you are interested :)

thx i prefer "orange"

Artur said:
7CY0_ZPKlk4.jpg

From everything I have read Artur has done an excellent job as a vendor and provided substantial support, it is not clear what precisely caused the fire - but aside from that this pictured battery could be improved dramatically. I suggest reading this thread: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=84412

Key things I can see,

There are only two connections between the paralleled groups, for a pack this size this is dramatically undersized
The primary connections to the pack are effectively connected with only a single nickel strip
There doesn't appear to be any physical isolation between the parallel groups, especially in this square layout there's lots of opportunity for point loading and rubbing through the stock shrink sleeve leading to a short. This could be as little as a layer of Kapton tape like you've used on the top of the pack

My personal rule of thumb is 1.5mm2 of nickel per high current 18650, more if possible. The design above is more like 0.27mm2. This will definitely get hot under constant discharge.

We are in the process of concluding an agreement with Artur.
He has taken my remarks into account and is ready to reimburse me 3000 €uros, 50% of e-bike
This gesture is in agreement with my initial request and is satisfactory.

The reason of fire is unknown at the moment

Once this payment has been made we will do our utmost to find together the cause of this fire.

The complaint will be withdrawn and the prosecution abandoned.

I undertake to remove the photographs and text upon request.

vectorIbike said:
We are in the process of concluding an agreement with Artur.
He has taken my remarks into account and is ready to reimburse me 3000 €uros, 50% of e-bike
This gesture is in agreement with my initial request and is satisfactory.

The reason of fire is unknown at the moment

Once this payment has been made we will do our utmost to find together the cause of this fire.

The complaint will be withdrawn and the prosecution abandoned.

I undertake to remove the photographs and text upon request.

Thank you.

Could someone please tell me what length I need for the QS V3 screws? Like 22mm maybe? Longer? Shorter?

Thanks!

DasDouble said:
Could someone please tell me what length I need for the QS V3 screws? Like 22mm maybe? Longer? Shorter?

Thanks!

Most brake rotors need to be spaced out for the brake caliper to fit and not rub the motor cover. On my QS 205 I had to space the rotor out about 5mm and then custom cut the machine screws so I had full depth of thread for strength. Each hole is not the same depth so each of the 6 screws were each a different length.

Good luck with this.

Tom

Has anyone packed as many 18650 cells in the vector frame as they can? Just wondering what I could do range wise some time in the future. Currently I have a 22s 12p battery 30ah. I run a modded sabvoton 150A controller unlocked to do 200A.

devmanner said:
Has anyone packed as many 18650 cells in the vector frame as they can? Just wondering what I could do range wise some time in the future. Currently I have a 22s 12p battery 30ah. I run a modded sabvoton 150A controller unlocked to do 200A.

We use 300 cells battery. And max outside the main part. Up to 160A can Max-e push.

devmanner said:

I have done that with spacers. It is really close, but it fits. My configuration is 20s 15p. Under normal conditions I will get up to 100km when my math is correct, with about 36Wh/km. Time to build the pack: 30 hours, as I have done that with highest precision on each single cell.. Has been a lot of an effort. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers

Has been a lot of an effort. :roll: :roll:
PS: But it´s worth it, the power and range is incredible :wink:

Wow, If my calculations below are correct, that is about 5.7kwH (or even more depending on the cells) !
(20 x 3.7 = 74 Volts and 31 x 2.5 = 77.5 Ah -> 74 x 77.5 = 5,735 Wh)
Over twice the size of the one shipped standard, so it must be close to 30kg.

Back