QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

brumbrum said:
@Vito...

Please sell me and other forum members a 19"X1.6" 1X4 Cross Pattern Front Wheel.

There are many people wanting to buy these. Is it possible to buy without also buying a motor?

Do you mean this? And if so, why? :)

404_404_66b13ad26afd85700e2251939ce17144.jpg

DasDouble said:
brumbrum said:
@Vito...

Please sell me and other forum members a 19"X1.6" 1X4 Cross Pattern Front Wheel.

There are many people wanting to buy these. Is it possible to buy without also buying a motor?

I think QS will only sell the front moto wheels when purchesed with a motor wheel, as a set. They will not sell only the front wheel. I need a 110mm wide hub with disc brake mount and 20mm thru axle so i canmount on dh mtb forks but with 2.75" trials tyre.

Ah ok, now I have got what you mean.

brumbrum said:
DasDouble said:
brumbrum said:
@Vito...

I think QS will only sell the front moto wheels when purchesed with a motor wheel, as a set. They will not sell only the front wheel. I need a 110mm wide hub with disc brake mount and 20mm thru axle so i canmount on dh mtb forks but with 2.75" trials tyre.

I think they will send what ever you request. As long as you pay for part&shipping.
QS are okay to deal with, they respond to e-mails and cooperate, they are okay to discuss various options.

Merlin said:
I have done a lot of wheels.
If you want one let me know. All hubs you want.
Normal parts price + 50€ labor.

Wow, thats great to know. Will definitley be in contact before long.

yup 10g in front needs also to be drilled the original holes from the hub.
not the best idea.
i have a source for 12g/13g butted spokes with oversized nipples for mc rims. In silver or black.

since you are from uk, best way should be sm pro wheels + Hope Hubs for you. Maybe you have a cheaper source for the rims because they both located in the uk.

2016-11-02%2019.06.41.jpg

2016-11-02%2019.08.02.jpg

2016-11-02%2019.08.34.jpg

Why would you use 10g spokes in the front?

I use 14/15 spokes in the front, 32 spokes rim and another 36 spoke rim, never had a single issue. 14/15 gauge is all that is needed for the front. The rear is a different story, you need 10 gauge on the rear.

Offroader said:

I use 14/15 spokes in the front, 32 spokes rim and another 36 spoke rim, never had a single issue. 14/15 gauge is all that is needed for the front. The rear is a different story, you need 10 gauge on the rear.

From my own experience, there could appear a loud braking noise when using too flexibly spokes (the noise is caused by torque ripple on the brake rotor).
I also would say that 10g are a bit overkill on the front, and if you drill the hub larger and tighten those large spokes good, there is a risk to break the flange of the hub.

Offroader said:

who do you mean with "you" .....QS Motors? :D

This QS 205 is laced with 14 ga DT Swiss spokes, in a 65mm bicycle rim. It proved reliable and believe me, I am not a rider who is easy on wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_0238.JPG
    IMG_0238.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 4,120
Thanks for the heads up Merlin, The pro platinum rims look reasonably priced and as you say 12g spokes is plenty. Shame they dont do a pro platinum 32 hole version as i have hub at hand i could have used. At the moment i use a halo sas 24" wheel and a veulta usa 3" mtb tyre which is the fattest tyre out ofthe three usually used... The duro, the halo contra and the veulta.

Merlin said:
Not 100 percent sure what you mean but my front wheel has 32 holes....
Hope hub and 19x1.6 sm pro rim

Ok, i will look again, i only saw 36 hole on the website.

Edit: found it,, that is good news for me :D I dont understand why i could not find them before?

Does it have to be a hope hub? Is there something special about the hope hub? Or will any good quality mtb hub with 20mm thru axle be ok?

Any hub will do, Hope are known for hi quality.
Try finding a hub with large flanges, especially if you are to drill em holes out for thicker spokes.

QS Motor Factory News - Racing Electric Motorcycle with QS 14kw motor 160km/h 96v

KTM.jpg

Purchase Link on Alibaba:
Motorcycle:
https://tzquanshun.en.alibaba.com/product/60604346645-804214765/2017_New_High_Power_14000W_Wheel_Hub_Motor_96V_160KPH_KTM_Adult_Electric_Motorcycle.html
Motor kits:
https://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/QS-14000W-160kmh-96V-Hub-Motor_60606565929.html

Specification:
1. Motorcycle Model: SIA-14KW(Pure Electric Motorcycle for Racing)
2. Motor: QS Motor 17*4.5inch 273 14000W 80H V3 Water Cooled Electric Motorcycle Hub Motor
3. Controller: Kelly KLS96601-8080I Sine wave controller
4. Disc Brake System: Double hydraulic disc brake for front & Benelli hydraulic disc drake for rear, by hand control
5. Motorcycle Performance:
Max. Speed(Km/h): 150-160Km/h@96v, 120-130Km/h@72v
Climbing ability: It could continues climbing 300m length slop on 16-17 degree, max. climbing 20 degree.
Heating phenomenon: When this motorcycle continuous climbing 17 degree slop for 700m, the motor basically don’t have fever phenomenon.
Consume/100KM: ≤3.5 kw/h
Distance: 96v 80ah battery charge one time driving in 160km @ 160km/h, 200km @ 100km/h.
Recharge Cycles (times): 800 times for Lithium battery, 300 times for Lead-acid battery.
Charging time: Depends on the battery type & capacity
6. Motorcycle Net Weight: 195KG(including battery and charger)
7. Loading weight: 130KG(two people)
8. Front & Rear Tire: 150/60-17&140/60-17
9. Front Absorber: Inversion Absorber(Adjustable)
10. Water cooling system:
Include Water inlet pipe & Water outlet pipe, Water tank, Water pump, Radiator...
11. Color: Cream- colored
12. Motorcycle size: 2030mm*780mm*1070mm
13. Package: Divided into two parts,
Part 1. Scooter without handle bar. Size: 2050mm*600mm*1100mm.
Part 2. Front wheel rim, Front&Rear foot rest, Rear mudguard and Battery box. Size: 1750mm*550mm*860mm.
14. Advantage: High Speed& Power, With Water cooling system, Unique design, Special and Novel appearance, Better safety performance
15. Quotation FOB Ningbo: USD4188/piece (without battery and charger)
16.Produce Time: 60 Business Days after receiving payment.
17.Payment Term: Only accept 50% TT in advance for deposit, balance should be paid before shipping.

That is a tempting offer. I wonder if the bikes are approved outside China? Like can the bike have plates and registration in EU?

273mm * 80mm stator should make that bike a blast.

macribs said:
That is a tempting offer. I wonder if the bikes are approved outside China? Like can the bike have plates and registration in EU?

I'm wondering the same thing for Canada. The price is good, $4200 USD without battery or charger, I don't think you can make a conversion for much less, unless you start with an old rusty beater salvaged from a scrap yard. I saw KTM in the description on Alibaba. It does look like a Duke 390 but if it is made by KTM then that's an added bonus. Gonna have to send some emails to Vito about it.

Well the KTM part I am betting is only to point you to what was the "model" for this bike. For the price I am certain it is not actually a KTM, more a chinese or asian electric motorcycle dressed up in KTM alike plastic. I agree about converting a bike, except if you do convert you might be lucky to come over a donor bike that got good quality brand name brakes, suspensions etc with a dead engine. Ie KTM often has rebuildable white power forks and shocks. With this china motorcycle you probably get a no name set for fork and shock, same with brakes. And if you would like the bike to perform close to KTM or similar bike at least the fork and shock would need to be swapped for higher quality parts.

However for riding about in the city, or commuting or like a daily work horse for the price I think it will be hard to beat. Most of us would like to drive a sports car, but we end up in minivans, stsationwagons or SUV's to get a car that fits our daily needs. Hi speed cornering, 50/50 weight distribution, great balance and lowest unsprung weight does not fit our daily usage or wallet. And for a daily rider I think this bike will shine bright if bike is road legal in EU, US CA etc.

If not road legal some will still be able to use it as a "farm bike", for back roads, fire roads and what not.

macribs said:
Well the KTM part I am betting is only to point you to what was the "model" for this bike. For the price I am certain it is not actually a KTM, more a chinese or asian electric motorcycle dressed up in KTM alike plastic.

Wishful thinking on my part. I should know better after riding a Chinese copy of the Yamaha Vino YJ125 for close to six years.

macribs said:
I agree about converting a bike, except if you do convert you might be lucky to come over a donor bike that got good quality brand name brakes, suspensions etc

So true, again I should remember the difference in quality in all the parts between the Chinese copy scooter I ride and the genuine Yamaha Vino YJ125 I bought about a year ago.

Back