Qulbix 165/140 Raptor /NYX Carbon - Sabvoton/Adaptto - 20s/22s Build #5

I was trapped under a Harley Chopper once. Right in the middle of the street, my front wheel stucked under a car. I recall this was when I started thinking about lighter bikes. :D

Hey Merlin, do you have your multistars hooked up to the adaptto BMS? And how do you charge them? Can you bulk charge the whole thing through the adaptto or do you need to do the packs separate? Thinking of swapping to lipo but still learning about charging the things and how to run with adaptto

hey, sry looks like i have missed this reply :(
to complete the question:

yes, Multistars was hooked up to the Adaptto BMS.
Simply putting 3 of them in Parallel and 5 of them in Series.
so i had 15x 4s16000 in my Frame.
Made simply parallel and series wires for them and plugged them with the 4s balance wires direct in the BMS.

meantime switched all my parts to a NYX frame. unfortunately there is no space for big lipo bricks, so i switched also to 18650s 30q (22s)
did my best for a low RI pack to compensate the voltage sag from 200amps.
worked very well.

Adaptto Display give me 18kw on a fresh battery. so a bit more punch on the top.
switching to the NYX saved me also sweet 9Kg of weight penalty =)
not because the weight about 6.9kg is simply fake or wrong or early model from 2015. narrow tires, no kickstand yet, plastic fenders, 18650 battery....

too bad i expected a better quality from nyx. beside a poor finish on the carbon part(s), fitting the "halfs" with missalligned gaps the most frocking crap was the swingarm. its simply not alligned with the bottombracket. i thought it was only my "cheap" version of the nyx but it looks like its normal.
as i read your post about the bushings it was clear.

let me put some pics inside to show what i mean.

at the end i put spacers between the swingarm parts to bring this thing in shape. switched the M6 screws to 12.9 strong steel.

some days ago i had finished the bike. battery, electrics, dc/dc, bms and xenon light controll unit are inside veryyyyyyy tight, but it fits =)

some shiney pics after alot of work =)

Fenders are "Mudhuggers"...Front and Rear.
225mm Hope Disc front. 220mm Custom Disc on the Rear (2,1mm thick)
Rims SmPro 19x1.6 Front, 17x1.85 Rear
Tires Shinko F540 2.75x19 Front, 2.75x17 Rear
Fox 40, Fox RC4
Magura MT5e Front / Rear

20180221_042045.jpg

20180221_042236.jpg

20180221_042313.jpg

20180221_042328.jpg

20180221_042340.jpg

20180221_042410.jpg

20180221_042522.jpg

20180221_135706.jpg

20180221_135807.jpg

Nice build! I’m loving those tyres, they are going on a future tyre choice for me.
I’d be tempted to turn the front mudhugger backwards to stop face spray and mud flicking up.

Your wife still with you? :mrgreen:
How does the swingarm moves on this thing, no ball bearings?
Oh, and the rear disc brake is facing wrong direction I think.

Yeah still there :D
She got a new battery and saved some weight.... :p

What do you mean with moving swingarm?
Ball bearings? Do you mean the delrin stuff?

Rear disc is right. Discs layout is like maguras. Brake force is pulling on the surface. If you flip the direction it would be pushing surface.
If pushing discs tend to start "singing"

Great looking bike!
It might be wise to use a bent aluminium plate or rubber flap from the controller to the underside to protect your wires and connectors from getting wet and dirty.

20180221_135706.jpg

Iam allready on the search since I got the frame.
Had no luck yet.
Sucks a bit... Buying "this" where its clear something to protect is a must have. But nooooo..... Diy "something"...
One idea was a plastic fender from a dirt bike. Cutting in shape I need.
But fixing it to the frame not easy. Battery needs all space inside and not sure if I can drill some threads in this carbon/gfk "chassis"

I am completely pissed off with the guys at NYX. Absolutely zero help when i comes to replacing the delrin swing arm bushes. I am going to have to have some custom made. I will have a few spare just un case lol

fully agree...took me weeks to come in contact. After that no help and not understand the real problem. he offered me a new set of bushings.
but how can they help? anyway. cant recommended them and a Qulbix Q76 is also lighter then the NYX frame. the advertised weight is simply not true.

I have a controler shield you can have. Just need to wait till august when i go home so i can post it to you (if you want it just pay for postage)

Attachments

• IMG_2374.JPG
    IMG_2374.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,777
Those images are shocking. The alignment issues are very bad.
Did you pay full price for the frame? Or was it reduced price sample for business purpose?

From getting an nyx frame early on in their production it was very easy to get contact with Cedrick of Nyx.
All of a sudden he disappeared as if he no longer part of nyx. Only Eloi is left who does not speak english.
Communication was quite slow when i ordered new bushings, but it did get sorted. Price for a pair of bushings was ok at $30, but shipping was a whopping $40.

brumbrum said:
Those images are shocking. The alignment issues are very bad.
Did you pay full price for the frame? Or was it reduced price sample for business purpose?

From getting an nyx frame early on in their production it was very easy to get contact with Cedrick of Nyx.
All of a sudden he disappeared as if he no longer part of nyx. Only Eloi is left who does not speak english.
Communication was quite slow when i ordered new bushings, but it did get sorted. Price for a pair of bushings was ok at $30, but shipping was a whopping $40.

id be looking at other alternatives like zbike if wanted one now

Attachments

• zbike.jpg
    zbike.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 2,753
ridethelightning said:
id be looking at other alternatives like zbike if wanted one now

Looks like their web site is down due to non payment!

Going to hell in a hand Basket! I tell you.

Tom

Back