My Chinese Ebay Build

LED for my headlight arrived today. 18watts 6" wide.I bought 2 because they were cheap always good to have a spare.

Attachments

• IMG_5045.JPG
    IMG_5045.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 4,319
Ordered Hydraulic brakes with switches from ebay today.

Attachments

• $_12tty.jpg
    $_12tty.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 4,305
  • uty.jpg
    uty.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 4,305
Update on the old battery pack. The cells packs averaged about 15ah so instead of putting new cells I will remove a cell from each pack and it will be 12+ah then take 5 best cells out of the 15 and bring back to a 16s pack. 10 cells will be for whatever after.

155mm dropout with 135mm hub shaft. I went out to my scrap pile and pulled some torque arms and spacers to fit the 135mm into the 155mm dropout. The torque arms and extra spacers are from e-scooter mounted inside the dropout will give a clean install. I will drill swing arm and bolt the torque arm ahead of the hub shaft. The dropout also has a clamping bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_5046.JPG
    IMG_5046.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 4,303
  • IMG_5047.JPG
    IMG_5047.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 4,303
  • IMG_5048.JPG
    IMG_5048.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 4,303
Also I welcome anyone for suggestions as this is my first build and did not spend as much time before the build looking into other builds like I should have. Even if you would simply do something different. I went to one of the Ebike stores I have dealt with for a few years and told them of my build and they gave me the legal statement sticker. They said its just a statement and the Government tasks them with making and printing there own stickers that's why they all look slightly different.

New brakes arrived with magnetic switches installed. Only 2 days from time of purchase in china to here. Big time saver for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5049.JPG
    IMG_5049.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 4,288
  • IMG_5050.JPG
    IMG_5050.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 4,288
  • IMG_5051.JPG
    IMG_5051.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 4,288
  • IMG_5052.JPG
    IMG_5052.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 4,288
Update. Parts are still coming in I had my kickstand arrive that was made specific for this frame and dc to dc box also arrived. More parts have been ordered. Because of size and bike layout the hoses on the new brakes were to short so I have new hose coming and bleed gear. I also ordered mudhugger front race and rear 29 fender, I ordered a premade front wheel 20mm hub 19" moto wheel (will review this in the moto wheel thread upon arrival) it cost almost the same as the rear I sourced all the parts for so I will paint rear wheel to match the front in black. The shock I ordered was too long by 30mm so I will make a ride height adjuster to dial in the stance and have adjustability. I will post more progress as parts arrive.

Attachments

• IMG_5053.JPG
    IMG_5053.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 4,256
From where did you order the premade 19" moto wheel with 20mm hubs? I'm looking for the same thing for my bike.

dirkdiggler said:
From where did you order the premade 19" moto wheel with 20mm hubs? I'm looking for the same thing for my bike.
https://electricrt.myshopify.com/collections/front-wheels

Thanks! I'll look into those. I saved a page on an older phone from a Chinese website that had completed motowheels. Of course can't find the site when I am ready to buy.

Hi. Dont mean to hijack your post. Let me know if you want me to remove it.

But I finished a recent build with an identical frame except w/o kickstand. I also used a 19" dirtbike laced with 8G spokes! Reason for that because my hub is 3-5kw 10G spokes with washer doesnt feel safe. Front wheel is also 19" db rim but laced in stainless 14G with stainless washer ( I will drill it out to fit 12G spokes)
Its my E-dirtbike in disguise with bicycle pedal and have 7 gears lol.

Heres some pics. I will do a build thread soon, still waiting on a bms to finish my 20s battery.
Meanwhile it runs on 48v 13s20p ~50A lion bat.
All my stuff are sourced from Ebay too :mrgreen: image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 4,167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 4,167
BeachRider2016 said:
Hi. Dont mean to hijack your post. Let me know if you want me to remove it.

But I finished a recent build with an identical frame except w/o kickstand. I also used a 19" dirtbike laced with 8G spokes! Reason for that because my hub is 3-5kw 10G spokes with washer doesnt feel safe. Front wheel is also 19" db rim but laced in stainless 14G with stainless washer ( I will drill it out to fit 12G spokes)
Its my E-dirtbike in disguise with bicycle pedal and have 7 gears lol.

Heres some pics. I will do a build thread soon, still waiting on a bms to finish my 20s battery.
Meanwhile it runs on 48v 13s20p ~50A lion bat.
All my stuff are sourced from Ebay too :mrgreen: View attachment 1
your post is more than welcome nice to see a finished one give me some motivation. What rear disk size is that? I am having trouble getting my 203mm to work so am downsizing. Also what are your tire specs they look nice and light?

Those are 19" 70/100 offroad tires. For on road, i heard shinko are dual purpose.
My brakes are 203mm front/rear. The motor is 150mm so it fits nicely. You need to play with washers to get yours fit. Add some in between the adapter and mount since yours look like it has alot of room due to your 135mm axel.
Get your done for spring rides! :mrgreen: cheers

The new front wheel came complete and looks amazing it came from china so he must take the order then have them send it. Only problem is its a 17" not the 19" I ordered lol so I await his response.

Attachments

• IMG_5056.JPG
    IMG_5056.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 4,134
kneedeep said:
He is sending a 19" and paying for shipping back for the 17" all is well.
I asked how much he would want bottom dollar for the 17" seeing as he has to pay shipping but have not heard back. I don't really need it but could go in a future build. Still have not received any new tracking # for the 19" Has been a few days and I am getting a little antsy :? :shock: :roll: as the weather has been nice and I am only waiting on a couple small parts and should see the battery this week. I will drive on the mtb wheels for a couple weeks to be sure I am happy with the rest of the build.

I totally know what you mean- weather has been weird lately. Yesterday 13deg C this morning -7deg C. I got my battery recently but there is still a lot of work to go before the bike is complete - late spring I hope

So the 19" is on its way has been shipped. I have talked to the seller an at a discounted price I might just keep the 17" for some future project. The shock I ordered was to long so I made a ride height adjuster and this will help once the 19" is on the back. should have more pictures this weekend. Also have the mounts for the headlight installed and to make a bracket to tie it all together. Getting much closer.

This has been a slow exhausting journey for me, I am not used to building with these type of bike parts. Sourcing parts is very tiring when I go to local bike shops 10-15X the price of ebay so I use ebay and wait a lot :( .

Here are a couple pictures of the temporary ride height adjuster I will use till I get the bike dialed in then order correct shock.

I also have a few pictures of the headlight mount. The brackets are for attaching lights to brush guards on trucks. I wrapped a dirtbike fork that was identical size with sandpaper and sanded out the mounts to an exact fit so it would not crush the fork and be a perfect fit. I then used a aluminium yard stick to cut and bend to mount the headlight. I will drill this and mount the LED headlight this week and I will add signals also.

Attachments

• IMG_5066.JPG
    IMG_5066.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 4,041
  • IMG_5061.JPG
    IMG_5061.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 4,041
  • IMG_5062.JPG
    IMG_5062.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 4,041
Nice rear shock adapter there.

BeachRider2016 said:
Nice rear shock adapter there.
Thanks, I can adjust the seat height by about 8" with it. Will come in handy setting up moto 19" and motocross seat when I get there.

Back