LMX P2 : Freeride trials motorcycle frame development

yeah man, this sounds goooood 8)

What are the new motors and when can I buy one?

Not promoting, just thinking about a mid-drive build and thought I read somewhere about a new 10kw peak motor, water-cooled? Just curious is all. Also, why so few videos of the 81?

devo1223 said:
Not promoting, just thinking about a mid-drive build and thought I read somewhere about a new 10kw peak motor, water-cooled? Just curious is all. Also, why so few videos of the 81?
There was a spammy post just after yours but it was removed by moderators. ;)

The new motors are the same construction but 60mm stator and 0.35mm laminations. We can also get them in 80 and 100mm ;) We tested water cooling on the 50mm stator, results were very interesting but the modification was quite expensive to make and also not lightweight.

We did not have much time to tape the lmx81 yet, hopefully soon

bzhwindtalker said:
The new motors are the same construction but 60mm stator and 0.35mm laminations. We can also get them in 80 and 100mm ;)

are you talking about width or diameter? I believe you mean width, but please confirm :)

bzhwindtalker said:
The new motors are the same construction but 60mm stator and 0.35mm laminations. We can also get them in 80 and 100mm ;)
Seriously interested in a higher power option, do you plan on testing these motor options?

here's a pic of the 161 with the seat in the high position and new small improvements for the chain management. In this position footpegs height is 340mm, seat height is 900mm to the highest point. Ground clearance 300mm under the motor bash plate

litespeed said:
That bike is just about as perfect as it gets....minus the peddles.

I'm a huge fan.

Tom

We found a way to fit the pedals witn a 120mm fat bike BB, we can do 2 different drivetrains but none are satisfactory for pedalling eficiency (both single speed)
screenshot-cad.onshape.com 2017-03-19 12-19-59.png

The 81 is really the bike we designed with pedaling in mind. We did 30km of hard offroad on it yesterday on 650wh. We can go as high a 1400wh in the frame with a special battery door, and 1kwh as standard. For now we recommend max 3000w as we need more data on the motor/sproket link durability before allowing more amps. On a side note our solderless 18650 pack in the 81 is doing great so far, very promising for the future.

Hey that sounds better and better. Good job so far :)

bzhwindtalker said:
litespeed said:
That bike is just about as perfect as it gets....minus the peddles.

I'm a huge fan.

Tom

We found a way to fit the pedals witn a 120mm fat bike BB, we can do 2 different drivetrains but none are satisfactory for pedalling eficiency (both single speed)

The 81 is really the bike we designed with pedaling in mind. We did 30km of hard offroad on it yesterday on 650wh. We can go as high a 1400wh in the frame with a special battery door, and 1kwh as standard. For now we recommend max 3000w as we need more data on the motor/sproket link durability before allowing more amps. On a side note our solderless 18650 pack in the 81 is doing great so far, very promising for the future.

It's only for legal reasons here in the USA. I have a 14KW hub motor bike right now with front and rear motorcycle rims/tires.....peddling is only for fun, not forward propulsion. If you were to shove a set of cranks on the bike what does that do for price? Round numbers are fine and is it a bolt on solution that could be replaced with foot pegs if I changed my mind?

Tom

bzhwindtalker said:
On a side note our solderless 18650 pack in the 81 is doing great so far, very promising for the future.

Please give more details on that solderless pack. And when will it be available to purchase?

litespeed said:
It's only for legal reasons..
Couldn't agree more, I'd buy an LMX right now if it had pedals. I don't care about pedal efficiency, I pedal for exercise when I want but riding a well set up bike fast is exercise in itself.
I'd be keen to have a pedal version and 2 seat higher power version to replace my scooter, and keep up with inner city traffic. I know you are not going down the vehicle compliance path in Aus but that is something I can handle.

Rube said:
litespeed said:
It's only for legal reasons..
Couldn't agree more, I'd buy an LMX right now if it had pedals. I don't care about pedal efficiency, I pedal for exercise when I want but riding a well set up bike fast is exercise in itself.
I'd be keen to have a pedal version and 2 seat higher power version to replace my scooter, and keep up with inner city traffic. I know you are not going down the vehicle compliance path in Aus but that is something I can handle.

having pedal is top priority of this bike, mostly legal reason, plus accessibility to bike park or trails. At least if you accidently out of juicy, you can still pedal home.
it would be perfect if Lmx can design that as a add on kit, so they are interchangeable on fixed / moving pedals, single speed is total fine.

As strict as some countries govern the bike tracks and off road riding and having prohibited motorized vehicles, pedals could be what stops you getting chewed out by hard core mtb's, single track cowboys or getting a ticket by whatever regulators might be in that area. At least on bikes like LMX they will to many look like a beefed up DH bike, and if they see you are pedaling assume you have every right to be off road or on the track. I guess KMX has a special bike with pedals the 81(?) or something? But giving the option for people to choose pedals or pegs might broaden the customer base.

Back