Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/lifestyle/health/23732_bob_harper_macro_diet_plan/

It's notable that a year before his heart attack, he returned to carb consumption. Now the question is, what kind of carbs? The research shows grain consumption ups heart risks considerably.

Good carbohydrates: whole wheat or multigrain breads, brown rice, fruits, vegetables, and oats. - See more at: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/lifestyle/health/23732_bob_harper_macro_diet_plan/#sthash.BUy1oAWh.dpuf

A return to bread would be especially risky, as well as other grain consumption. This may or may not explain his particular case. If he completely neglected carb intake before, this could also potentially set him up through vascular atrophy (Though, I'm not really sure if vascular atrophy results from low energy intake or low vitamin/mineral intake. The research I've seen suggests vitamin/mineral intake is particularly important, but low energy intake would be sensible and intuitive.), and I get a strange feeling he returned to carb consumption after noticing the more unpleasant affects from prolonged neglect of carbs. On the physical exercise aspect, it's possible he exercised too much. The research shows regular excess physical activity considerably increases risks, especially if breaks and recovery isn't allowed/neglected.

I really haven't looked much into how vascular atrophy happens. I feel like I understand some of the primary causes behind vascular obstruction fairly well (Questions remain as to its relationship to physical movement, immune system and to the negative emotions.), but not entirely clear on what exactly causes atrophy. I know that anorexia can cause it as well as sedentary habits. I don't know if cortisol can cause it, which would be significant, it seems like it could but I don't know how.

Okay, let's rethink protein, fats and carbs.

Fat = C,H
Carbs = C, H and Os
Protein = C,H,N,Os

From the surface, it looks like you'd get enough theoretical carbon intake for tissue synthesis with fat and protein intake (Protein looks the most complete). I don't totally understand the need for carbs, I guess it probably is the least energy intensive form of energy intake, since it takes extra energy to convert fat to blood glucose, so it's probably the most effective form of getting energy. That might be why it's so important, it has a high energy ROI compared to fat intake.

Energy is important, because it powers tissue synthesis. You need carbon sources (And probably amino acids like that in protein) to synthesize tissue, but you also need adequate energy to power the tissue repair/synthesis. It's an open question if fat intake is sufficient for energy intake. I can think of some examples that suggest yes, but yet, almost every society depends on carbs (Healthier ones depend on vegetable starches, the less healthy ones depending on refined sources, and the least healthy depending on refined wheat.), so I don't really know if fat intake suffices. My intuition and personal experience is doubting it.

To put it simply...

Insufficient carb intake can lead to vascular atrophy. (Probably through insufficient energy for vascular repair/synthesis, possibly by other mechanisms.)
Excessive refined carb intake(Bread especially) can lead to vascular obstruction. Excessive fruit sugar intake might have a similar affect, just like excessive wine intake. (I still need to measure my blood pressure curve after eating 4 apples. This would be telling about the downfall of eating too many apples, yes.)

Those two factors can probably interact with each other in a multiplicative fashion.

Yep, this paper supports my suspicion. Low carb = bad for vascular health.

http://www.pnas.org/content/106/36/15418

The cardiovascular complications of obesity have prompted interest in dietary interventions to reduce weight, including low-carbohydrate diets that are generally high in protein and fat. However, little is known about the long-term effects of these diets on vascular health. We examined the cardiovascular effects of a low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet (LCHP) in the ApoE−/− mouse model of atherosclerosis and in a model of ischemia-induced neovascularization. Mice on a LCHP were compared with mice maintained on either the standard chow diet (SC) or the Western diet (WD) which contains comparable fat and cholesterol to the LCHP. LCHP-fed mice developed more aortic atherosclerosis and had an impaired ability to generate new vessels in response to tissue ischemia. These changes were not explained by alterations in serum cholesterol, inflammatory mediators or infiltrates, or oxidative stress. The LCHP diet substantially reduced the number of bone marrow and peripheral blood endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs), a marker of vascular regenerative capacity. EPCs from mice on a LCHP diet also manifest lower levels of activated (phosphorylated) Akt, a serine-threonine kinase important in EPC mobilization, proliferation, and survival. Taken together, these data demonstrate that in animal models LCHP diets have adverse vascular effects not reflected in serum markers and that nonlipid macronutrients can modulate vascular progenitor cells and pathophysiology.

Suspect that sufficient carb + high protein would be no problem, since there's enough energy to power tissue repair/synthesis.

It seems that sufficient carb + some protein is all that's really needed, since not much protein is needed for maintenance (Government recommends 55g/day, about 200 calories a day, which is 10% of a 2000 calorie diet, which is exactly the protein intake of the kitivan.).

-------------------------------

Okay, so I'm going to start consuming vitamin D3 food sources.

Looks like cod liver oil and mushrooms (Looks like portabello and Maitake are particularly high.) are viable sources. Cheese would be great, but I'd need to store it from the heat. Guess I'll go get a container for that purpose, and just bury it in the shade. Think maybe I'll cover the hole with plywood, to try to help insulate the "outside air" from the "soil air" (Which should be cooler).

And for vitamin B12, guess I'll have to choose wisely (Meats, seafood and dairy products). Cheese would be a great source, if only I could store it.

So, I posted my symptoms to healthcaremagic, got a referral to a cardiologist (Didn't ask for one, just got it automatically) and he said it could be early signs of heart disease. Like, no way, that's what I was suggesting (as a possibility) with the nocturnal panic attacks a year ago! He suggested vitamin D3 and B12 deficiency could also produce these symptoms.

And all those "waking up to chest burning" episode (All one of them), I thought had confidently attributed to acid reflux. The severe chest pain that I was barely awake for, yeah, I figured probably acid reflux, too.

What is D3? The sunshine vitamin? Well, then, let's clear out that backyard and let the sunlight in!

As to B12, I doubt I have a deficiency, but it's possible. [On second thought, after eating some canned chicken and it felt like it was quenching my unsatiable hunger, this does actually seem plausible. Yep, I want some chickens for eggs.]

As to the cause... again... have no clue. Possibly inadequate carb intake and salt intake. I would say I ate on average6-8 fruits a day for about a year and half for carbs and many of those days with PT, and that was it. No vegetable starches, nothing. It's not implausible to think carb intake would've varied from 70grams-160grams/day. (For reference, kim jong feeds his prisoners 100grams of carbs of rice a day, and they usually die within a year.) What was my issue, you ask? I didn't buy food then, and I ate what was available, which usually wasn't much. A sedentary nature might contribute (Computer worker, mostly.).

Anyway, got the plastic ant moat deployed on both wheels, the jack and the power wire (I did the power wire because it seems I've been seeing ants coming from that direction, despite the fact the wire has vaseline on it). Filled it with my pond water. So, now this RV is completely moated up and hopefully no ants should be seen in here for a long time. If this is the end (And let's hope to god it is), I can focus my resources fully on the home projects and business(es) and get things done.

And, I've just seen two ants in here since deploying the moat. Well, I think the perimeter and my defences needs a second inspection.

Looks like one of the wheel moats, which is at a steep angle, was leaking a little bit but that's been corrected and refilled. If I continue seeing ants in here (I'd say at least 3 ants, then it might be high time to fill the moats with orange oil soap.) [It leaked again, I reinforced it even more. Checked about 20 minutes later, it's still holding up. Good sign. Saw another ant, did another reinspection. Seems the weeds have grown, 4 possible new entry points. Removed all of them.]

The other possibility is there's another entry point I'm not seeing. I've checked at least two times, and I'm feeling confident no blade of grass is within reaching distance, even if they reached out their ant arms as much as possible.

And what's happening tomorrow? Grocery shopping and I'm picking up the supplies for a portable clothes washer (5 gallon bucket + plunger). Once I wash my clothes, I'll feel like it's OK to wash my body and will do so. It's stupid to wash your body if you're getting back into dirty clothes, which is why I haven't been washing my body. So, that's why washing my clothes is high priority.

Now where to source the water for the clothes washer. It just seems silly paying $1.75 for clean water to wash clothes (But, it /IS/ cheaper than the local laundry places, $6-8.).

The basic operation is...

1)fill with clothes, fill with water, put in detergent.
2) Plunge, plunge, plunge
3) Drain water
4) Put clean water in (Rinse)
5) plunge, plunge, plunge,
6) Drain
7) Twist
8) Hang dry

I guess I could put in filtered pond water for the first step, and then clean water for the rinse. I'd have to get a screen that'd remove the mosquito larvae. That'd be just disgusting.

You know, all these people with these 500 gallon water tanks on the back, they clearly must be sourcing their water from something other than a glacier water machine. Where are they sourcing their water? Think I might be interested in using a 55 gallon craigslist drum to hold water for washing clothes and the such (Non-drinking tap water). Now the question is how I would handle a 55 gallon drum of water. Even 40 gallons seem like it'd be a bit heavy; just 7 gallons approaches my limits.

According to google, 40 gallons is 320 pounds of water, lol. I don't think I could just pick that up out of the back, lol.

I guess I could use a siphon to transfer liquids, possibly to a bucket for transport to the final drum.

As to Houston's high cancer risk, seems like it might be beyond the forest and excessive driving, it might be something in the water.

But just how high is the chromium 6 in Houston's tap water? In California-- the Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment, indicates cancer rates start to rise at a concentration of 0.02 parts per billion (ppb)

"To put that in perspective, a part per billion is roughly one drop of water in an Olympic-sized swimming pool," Walker said.

According to EWG's data from the city of Houston, Houston's average is 0.75 ppb.

HOW TO KEEP YOUR DRINKING WATER FREE OF CHROMIUM 6

Why is chromium 6 so dangerous? "It could increase your chance or your risk to get cancer," said Dr. Qilin Li, with Rice University, adding, "It could also cause damage to liver and kidney."

Chromium is found naturally in rocks, plants, soils, volcanic dust and animals. Chromium 6 occurs naturally in the environment from the erosion of natural chromium deposits. It can also be produced by industrial processes.

"Chromium 6 ... can come from industrial pollution, such as electroplating industry and could come from mining," Li said.

Channel 2 Investigates looked even closer at the numbers across Harris County and found the nine highest samples, from 2013-2015, all came back to the exact zip code, 77099.

I don't doubt industry is complicit in some way, it's definitely heavy in industry that likes to disregard environmental rules and safety where $$$ is concerned. Many EPA superfund sites are in the area.

And, 77099 maps to Sugarland. Hmmm... that's interesting. They do have a lot of oil based companies and related manufacturing industry out that way, but I don't think they have much refineries in that immediate area (Mostly along the bayous near the ocean). I suppose it's not farfetched to suspect some of those companies might be complicit; manufacturing products from oil does require chemicals.

At 3, I'm going to start working on the storm shelter protective structure. And, I just started working and after getting the first hole done, I realized I need something like an auger, lol. The hand shovel is great, but it's only really effective for the first foot or so.

And, 3 hours since seeing a ant. Oh god, will this the first day (Not counting this morning) without any ants because of my successful obstructions? Oh, man, that would be wonderful. [Update: Up to 6 hours, heck yeah! Update: Upto 9 hours, woohoo! Update: Spoke too soon. However, the ant was in the "other room" and it's possible he's been in there since this morning, and if he was, it's pretty easy for him to evade my detection. And, there's a good chance he'd remain in that room, since it's pretty complex for an ant who crawls along 2d surfaces and there's a lot of things in there.]

And, a fan definitely makes the difference in the middle of the day. It is no longer "toasty" in here, yes baby.

Cool thing about the fan is that I could theoretically run it off solar, those being the days I would need it most.

Well, just went for a dash (120 yard dash, 2x) and came back. Only noticeable difference compared to memory seems to be...

1) Could feel some tingling/numbness in my left hand/arm in the first dash
2) Catching my breath seemed like it took a bit longer than normal after I stopped running.

Think I'll try the dash again. And, I think I will incorporate this in my morning exercise routine. 1200 feet walking, 1200 feet dashing.

Oh, yes, what did that research paper say?

I believe it said something like...

"Heightened R waves in normal subjects after post-cardio workout; Shortened R waves in ischemic subjects."

It's interesting that the R wave was periodically shortened after my dash. Not consistently, but periodically.

I think I have that paper somewhere in this thread... let's see if I can find it... oh jeez...

Found it, page 8.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... 37/?page=3

It shows the R wave decreases by 3 mm 1 minute after exercise in 'normal subjects', and increases by 2mm 1 minute after exercise in 'diseased coronary subjects'.

So severe R wave shortening after 'maximal treadmill exercise' is a completely normal phenomenon. Well, that's comforting.

So the peaky R waves would be the more concerning phenomenon, hmm.

swbluto said:
And what's happening tomorrow? Grocery shopping and I'm picking up the supplies for a portable clothes washer (5 gallon bucket + plunger). Once I wash my clothes, I'll feel like it's OK to wash my body and will do so. It's stupid to wash your body if you're getting back into dirty clothes, which is why I haven't been washing my body. So, that's why washing my clothes is high priority.

Now where to source the water for the clothes washer. It just seems silly paying $1.75 for clean water to wash clothes (But, it /IS/ cheaper than the local laundry places, $6-8.).

The basic operation is...

1)fill with clothes, fill with water, put in detergent.
2) Plunge, plunge, plunge
3) Drain water
4) Put clean water in (Rinse)
5) plunge, plunge, plunge,
6) Drain
7) Twist
8) Hang dry

I guess I could put in filtered pond water for the first step, and then clean water for the rinse. I'd have to get a screen that'd remove the mosquito larvae. That'd be just disgusting.

You know, all these people with these 500 gallon water tanks on the back, they clearly must be sourcing their water from something other than a glacier water machine. Where are they sourcing their water? Think I might be interested in using a 55 gallon craigslist drum to hold water for washing clothes and the such (Non-drinking tap water). Now the question is how I would handle a 55 gallon drum of water. Even 40 gallons seem like it'd be a bit heavy; just 7 gallons approaches my limits.

According to google, 40 gallons is 320 pounds of water, lol. I don't think I could just pick that up out of the back, lol.

I guess I could use a siphon to transfer liquids, possibly to a bucket for transport to the final drum.
I've done the same thing to wash fabrics in a 5 gallon bucket. Only I use my hand instead of a plunger. Don't use too much soap of ya will be wanting lots of water to rinse. To do this with purchased drinking water is stupid. GO TO A LAUNDROMAT! Do you like girls? Lots of girls at the laundromat. To save money take wet clothing home and hang on cloths line to dry.

Where do your neighbors get water from?

Years ago my legs were itchy. Figured out the cause was some crappy laundry soap. Name brand laundry soap from Dollar General is not the same as soap from the supermarket. Crappy laundry soap on my socks made my legs itchy. Now we use laundry soap with no dyes and no perfume. I hate smells. I don't like smelling like a homeless person. I don't like smelling like laundry detergent.

One more reason to wash your body. I was talking to a surgeon. He was telling me about what he had planed for the next day. Wake up early. He said that he did not like waking up early. His first surgery was to repair a infected scrotum. See Google images for pictures of what is a infected scrotum? I asked "What would cause a scrotum infection?" He said... "Lack of hygiene" I said... I think you fixing the wrong problem. You should take that guy to Walmart and buy him some new underwear. Then you should check the plumbing in his shower and show him how to wash himself.

marty said:
Join a health club or YMCA so you have a place to shower. Be clean. Sorry if I am a copy and paste pest.
Do you like girls? Lots of girls at health clubs.
https://www.google.com/search?q=girls+at+health+club&hl=en&biw=1536&bih=733&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_go_JgrjSAhUq0oMKHbjyDVoQ_AUIBigB

Intermittent no start problem - I assuming that when you turn the key, van makes no noise, no click, engine does not turn over. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong.

Service manual with wire diagrams can give you a better understanding of how starting system all works. Locksmith might be a good source of knowledge on keys. Go to a locksmith who specializes in auto stuff. I my neighborhood Lock Man on Elmwood is a legend. Note that a dealer or locksmith can make a key from the vehicle number. Usually need to show the title to prove that you own the vehicle. On my last auto key adventure, I needed to get key numbers from the dealer then have locksmith make key.

Oh, cool, I think next time, I'll just follow the yellow wire until I see where it connects, and then I'll try my best to figure it out and *snip*, lol.

Anyway...

Hey everyone (Or is it y'all now? lol), remember when the scientist was trying to extract sunbeams from cucumbers in the book Gulliver's Travels? Well, the scientist was looking at the wrong vegetable! He should've been looking at portabello mushrooms. Grabbed me some of those and yeah, it feels like I've been bathing in the sun. These mushrooms are wonderful. Yes, my vitamin D was tested to be quite low according to lab results, so I thought it'd be prudent to treat it based on the recent doctors recommendations for testing. [I actually moved out this way because I thought there'd be more sun, both for my vitamin D and my crops.]

Anyway...

The HEB near conroe has Fuji apple trees (The one in egypt doesn't). Seems Walmart and Home Depot sell their lime trees for the same price, $35. Haven't checked out Lowes yet. HEB just sells peaches and some special "local" variety of apple trees. It was notable that I didn't see leafing nor budding on the Fuji trees... might not be suitable for this climate? (That'd be a shame, if I were to have apple trees, I'd want fuji and gala trees.)

And, I started wondering about the theoretical average temperature I could have for the green house. Seems the average annual temperature of this area is 66 degrees (What the soil should be yearround) which would be the temperature of a food pantry, and I would be curious if you could do the same thing in a greenhouse somehow. Make the greenhouse temperature to be the year-round annual average temperature of the greenhouse, possibly through waterdrums or some such (Acting as "temperature capacitors", to store thermal energy and decrease the temperature fluctuations), so I could maintain a constant average temperature of 80-90 degrees or so. That'd be kind of awesome, because just about everything germinates, grows and fruits at that temperature.

And, if I had a problem with ants climbing the trees, I'm pretty sure I'd go with a moat of some sort and some clay (To seal the gaps, forcing the ant to cross the moat to go up). I'd have to design the moat, and it seems entirely viable.

And, this is just unbelievable. I totally explained the role of gluten's main protein, gliadin, in binding to the CXCR3 receptor expanding the intestinal epithelium junction gap allowing small bacteria entry to the body and I got 5 downvotes? What? Did these people find research that disproves my research? Uh, no, they ddidn't, they just didn't like science that applies to them when they wishfully think it doesn't I guess. :roll: (I don't like science when it inconveniences me, lol.),

[On that note, I know that climate change deniers are in the same category, lol, but I do support the climate change denier's agenda, but for different reasons. Seems like the climate deniers and the anti-climate-change people all think warmer planet = bad. Me = no way. I think climate change is real and I think it's awesome! I don't think the side effects is awesome of how climate change is achieved, though, poisoning of the oceans and the air of population centers. If they scrubbed the coal plant emissions and effectively scrubbed industrial and vehicle emissions, that would be ideal.]

Anyway, I think it is possibly unhealthy to consume too much fruit in one sitting. I recently ate a whole pineapple in one sitting, and my thinking became so cloudy for 20-30 minutes or so (Became hard to focus and type) afterwards, so I'm suspecting there was a bacteria population explosion in spite of the pineapple's strong antibiotic nature due to excess sugar consumption. This indicates a blood pressure curve reading to test this theory, and I just need to start measuring and getting some consistent reliable numbers on my blood pressure machine. If I find a BP spike, and the implications are clear for excess simultaneous consumption of other fruits (Like apples).

Anyway... I'm thinking about the article. https://www.yahoo.com/news/cardiologists-set-record-straight-eggs-225647652.html

These Cardiololigists don't really know what is going on but they do a few sound suggestions. (Cut back on the sweets and refined carbs is a sound one. Granted, they then suggest bread is a good choice, lol, apparently not realizing it's very refined, regardless of the seeds that are thrown ontop the so-called "Whole grain breads", lol. That's a misnomer. Hint, it's not whole grain anymore after you pulverize the wheat into flour. A whole apple is ... a whole apple, it is not apple sauce, lol, even if you include the skins into the apple sauce, it is still not a "whole apple".).

Anyway, one commentor commented that their friend gets extremely ill after eating gluten now, after being off gluten for so long. (I just ate a sweet potato with spinach and fish and I can type with focus, unlike yesterday after eating the whole pineapple. Clearly there is a different affect between the two, I will test the pineapple's blood pressure curve when I feel like eating a pineapple.)

That's interesting. Why is that?

My guess... is being off the gluten, the bacteria weren't invading his body nearly as much, so his immune system scaled back. While this reduces defenses in the event of a bacteria invasion (Like when gluten is consumed again), which would lead to a more severe invasion ("gets more sick"), this also presumably lowers immune system activity reducing probable harm to his body. Immune system activity = inflammation and these suckers(antibodies) die sometime, and they have to go somewhere. Where? Probably zits, maybe your blood vessels, I don't know exactly, but I'd rather have less antibodies dying inside me because you don't know and it could be bad. Guaranteed it's not "Good", might be harmleess, but could be a bad. It's definitely bad when staph aureus invades, guarantee that.

Anyway, I think I need concrete to set the posts for the tornado shelter (The posts are wobbly in the ground as it is, even if I put the soil back in and compress it. To go deeper, I need to create a wider hole, making the post even more wobbly, so I think I need concrete.). I wonder if I got metal piping, I could just pound that down into the ground, but I'm not sure how to securely attach wood to the piping. I would weld it up, but no welder and I have no experience.

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Wood-Fence-Post

Okay, looks like I need braces, gravel and concrete to do this properly. Hmmm... braces... what are those exactly? Seem to need them to secure the wood post when pouring the concrete? Why? Can't I just like... pound a nail in the bottom of the post to secure it to the middle on the bottom, and then use some wooden logs/planks/etc. to center it on the top while it's drying? Cheaper and I wouldn't have to order the braces in.

Thinking quikrete (Rains the next day). And, I'm hoping that home depot has gravel in bags or something. Really don't want to try to pick up a little gravel from the bulk gravel suppliers.

Looked at it again, and thought nevermind. I think I will create a sturdy wooden box structure and then place it around the trash can storm shelter. Then the next problem is securing the wooden box to the ground somehow. How? Thinking maybe sand bags, just need sand bags. I will fill the sand bags with sand/clay from my property.

Okay, current list.

-2x 8 ft. 4x4 pressure treated wood
-Sand bags (50 or 100 of them)

Seems like home depot doesn't stock sand bags. Lowe's doesn't. Tractor supply doesn't. Who does?

Body, I'm liking houston. Looks like Cox Hardware sells them. Where's that? East houston, about 60 miles away. Well, that's a little far. And, normal office building hours (8-5). That looks like it would be a horrendous place to try to get to, traffic wise. Let's rethink this.

Walking down the road, I noticed a big dirt pile, with gravel mixed in - probably excess from road construction. Yes, this is what I'm looking for, I think? No bags, but I have no problem just dumping the dirt directly on the box's wooden members. I think that will work, will just have to find more dirt somewhere. (I should use this "road dirt" to repair divots in the road, yes. Would be a good idea before the clay delivery.)

“However, we are very concerned about the economic and political impact of a suspension of visa waiver for US nationals.

No duh! I was planning on going to Europe this year, but you will lose out on $3000 of revenue from me if you hinder USA visitors. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Update, 5 p.m. Boy, the birds came back to visit my area of the neighborhood. Seems like they munch on the many berries of the forest, which easily explains their numbers. Wow, I can tell that maintaining fruit trees that birds like to chow down on will be challenging, lol.

Googling "post meal blood pressure", I'm finding a lot of interesting threads like this one.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Rhythm/Rapid-heartrate-high-blood-pressure-after-eating/show/678897#post_14135620

Interesting research he found was that vitamin C and vitamin E reduces post meal blood pressure suggesting it inhbits or kills bacteria. Interesting, because sweet potatos (The main carb consumption of okinawa and kitivan) are high in vitamin C.

Also, pineapples are super high in vitamin C.

Checking google:

-pineapple: 721% vitamin C per 89G sugar and 13G of fiber
-one 1lb sweet potato: 25% vitamin C per 100g carbs, mostly a vitamin A vegetable.

Anyway, apparently his blood pressure skyrockets and he's getting a rapid heart-rate. Oh, wow, somehow bacteria is causing his heart rate to skyrocket. Why? If there isn't enough blood delivery to the coronary arteries due to arthersclerosis, it seems possible the heart would compensate by boosting the heart rate. But, if that's really what's happening? I'm having strong doubts, I need to think this through. Okay, so his blood sugar skyrockets, that will cause the heart rate to increase, especially if due to bacteria causing cortisol release during the immune response.

Cortisol is causing vasoconstriction, causing both the increased blood sugar and blood pressure, reducing bloodflow delivery. To compensate in order to maintain the same blood delivery volume, it increases heart rate. So, the increased heart rate is from vasoconstriction due to cortisol that's released during the immune response to the bacteria. If it's racing, that suggests high bacterial activity for whatever reason. Or, possibly, a combination of vascular obstruction and/or atrophy causing reduced bloodflow delivery rates, especially under vasoconstriction. Might be a sign of arthersclerosis and/or vascular atrophy, essentially, definitely bacteria is involved.

Now what parts of the body would cause the heart to pick up speed due to decreased blood delivery volume.

Definitely the brain, I think. Brain is like "Not enough oxygen!", it sends a signal down the sympathetic nerve bundle to pick up the heart rate.
Maybe the heart. Maybe.
Maybe the lungs. Maybe.

So, atherosclerosis of the cerebral arteries is possible. (Carotid, yes.)

have almost the same symptoms,
After eating any meal specially dinner, Wethersfield it's a heavy meal or even cheaper or tuna, my BP gets to 145/100 and my HR is 105.

And THIS! Wow, cheaper tuna. I know /exactly/ what she is talking about! Honeyboy salmon tastes like it's semi-rotten, while HEB salmon tastes fresh and great. The cheaper tuna likely has bacteria, which induces this higher heart rate, most likely. No wonder why cats didn't like that girls tuna - probably semi-rotten cheap tuna.

Yep, I'm getting a bit pickier about my fish, now. It needs to taste fresh. Tastes Fresh = low bacteria levels = tastes "clean"

I don't get your concern with bacteria. You can't live without bacteria; your body has about ten times as many bacterial cells in it than human cells. The important thing is to maintain a good balance of beneficial and benign bacteria to prevent overgrowth of harmful bacteria.

It should go without saying that no canned food contains any live bacteria at all, until you introduce them by opening the can.

MASTERLIST OF BACTERIA/IMMUNE-SYSTEM ASSOCIATED DISEASES

Chalo said:
I don't get your concern with bacteria. You can't live without bacteria; your body has about ten times as many bacterial cells in it than human cells. The important thing is to maintain a good balance of beneficial and benign bacteria to prevent overgrowth of harmful bacteria.

It's already fully explained in past posts.

I will summarize it here. Bacteria is responsible for nearly all the classical "western diseases".

What are these diseases? Wikipedia gives a good summary. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diseases_of_affluence

Also referred to as the "Western disease" paradigm, these diseases are in contrast to so-called "diseases of poverty", which largely result from and contribute to human impoverishment. The modern diet and sedentary lifestyle is argued to be the blame for current levels of obesity,[3] cardiovascular disease,[4] high blood pressure,[5] type 2 diabetes,[6] osteoporosis,[7] colorectal cancer,[8] acne,[9] gout,[10] depression, and diseases related to vitamin and mineral deficiencies.[11] These diseases of affluence have vastly increased in prevalence since the end of World War II.

Also, trivia, what happened after WWII? The proliferation of processed foods, that's what. All thanks to the grand-daddy source of inspiration known as SPAM, the WW2 progenitor of all future processed foods in America.

Also...

Examples of diseases of affluence include mostly chronic non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other physical health conditions for which personal lifestyles and societal conditions associated with economic development are believed to be an important risk factor — such as type 2 diabetes, asthma,[12] coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, peripheral vascular disease, obesity, hypertension, cancer, alcoholism, gout, and some types of allergy.[1][13][14]

It's also responsible for most, if not all, of the CXCR3 diseases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CXCR3#Clinical_significance

CXCR3 has been implicated in the following diseases, atherosclerosis,[10] multiple sclerosis,[11] pulmonary fibrosis,[12] type 1 diabetes,[13] autoimmune myasthenia gravis, nephrotoxic nephritis,[14] acute cardiac allograft rejection[15] and possibly Celiac Disease.[16] Development of agents to block CXCR3-ligand interactions may provide new ways to treat these diseases.

It's also at least partially responsible for diseases discovered here, but not mentioned on there, such as liver disease, dementia and alzheimers and at least some cases of hemorrhage. [In the case of the mental problems, bacteria/immune/chemical insults during fetal development and a sedentary nature probably contributes. A sedentary nature contributes to many of the health problems that are essentially circulation issues due to vascular atrophy and sluggish circulation.]

In other words, it's responsible for the way a LOT of americans die.

It should go without saying that no canned food contains any live bacteria at all, until you introduce them by opening the can.

Yes, somehow the cheap tuna must be promoting bacterial growth. How? Maybe it lacks "Fresh stuff" that kills bacteria/keeps it at bay? Maybe, the cheap stuff doesn't have the antibacterial fish skin. Don't know, but there is definitely a taste difference between "cheap" stuff and "more expensive" stuff, with the clear preference for the "Fresh tasting" fish, and there's a really high possibility of a real biological reason behind that, like bacteria. Our sense of taste is designed to be put to good use in deciding the 'good stuff', and it's not misleading us on this.

Also, that guy mentioned that saturated fat can cause his post meal blood pressure to skyrocket. Interesting, that. If true, that suggests that some bacteria can ferment saturated fat. I've seen papers suggesting that some variants of Staph Aureus can ferment saturated fat and I'm guessing it's not the only one. I should do BP postmeal curves for various forms of saturated fat, like cheese. I doubt I'll find a huge increase, but maybe there would be one with the standard american cheese (i.e., not grass fed cow cheese.)

I doubt coconut meat causes post meal BP increases. It's highly antibacterial. So I think it probably depends on the particular saturated fat in question.

Yep, think I will do a blood pressure curve on my grass fed cheese tomorrow. Would be surprised to find a huge BP curve.

(Also, if bacteria ferments saturated fat, it should also cause a blood sugar increase. Seems counter intuitive, but I haven't tested saturated fat for blood sugar affects so I don't know.)

Okay, just tested my postmeal BP (30 minutes after consumption)> I had 2 servings of salted spinach, some pink salmon, some portabello mushrooms, about half a sweet potato (Couldn't eat anymore), topped it with a little red wine and a lime (I normally end my meals with an antibacterial food, like limes.). The post-meal BP was 131/67, my 'fasting' normal recently has been 123/61.

(My carb intake has been 2 sweet potatos, 5 apples and 3 bananas today. About 300-350 grams of carbs.)

This suggests this meal combination is particularly low in immune activity. Boy, my research is paying off. My immune system activity is rather low compared to these people with 200/110 and 140/100 numbers.

(For reference, my BP would hit 150/90-160/95 after eating my 2 bowls of cereal with milk. Man, I was ignorant for so long, didn't learn until I was 27 and didn't even understand it then like I do now.)

Consider for a moment that the people who have the best health and longevity are not concerned with any of the things you're talking about, nor is the professional medical community. Maybe you're barking up an outlying tree?

Chalo said:
Consider for a moment that the people who have the best health and longevity are not concerned with any of the things you're talking about, nor is the professional medical community. Maybe you're barking up an outlying tree?

They're not concerned because they're not seeing a problem. Those who have best health don't see a problem because they lucked out on not having one. And, yes, actually, the professional medical community does see a problem but its ostensible understanding isn't sufficient to accurately guide people. However, I see a problem because of I've seen the divergent illness rates between first world countries and native tropical tribes, and figured out that CVD isn't inevitable like it seems in America (And other first world nations), implicating an underlying cause. So, of course, I have to figure it out and came across some very interesting research from The China Study and started figuring out some of the underlying reasons and finding out some intriguing relationships. These relationships have explanatory power and accurately predicts research results with stunning accuracy, validating the model. Essentially, it lets me know I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Now... as to my health... That's a separate, though possibly related, matter that I haven't committed much research to. Don't know if there's even really a problem, but there are hints here and there suggesting one. Like, right now, just woke after 3 hours of sleep. Not too extraordinary by itself, but it happens to be 2 a.m. which is awfully early and it usually happens after 4 hours.

Seems like probable hypoglycemia, banana satisfied that.

The medical community has recognized a link between the gut microbiome and the endocrine system. It is just so complex they haven't really figured out how it works yet. I still maintain there are good bugs and bad bugs and we don't want to kill the good ones. Certain foods/conditions enhance the bad bugs which release toxins and other compounds that mess with the body.

It's kind of like a lawn with weeds. If you have healthy grass, you will have fewer weeds. If you kill the grass, the weeds will take over.

fechter said:
It's kind of like a lawn with weeds. If you have healthy grass, you will have fewer weeds. If you kill the grass, the weeds will take over.

This seems appealing to my intuition, but the fact is, is that cocoa and coconut is a strong antibiotic and the Kuna consume each of these very frequently and their health isn't bad by any measure. It seems that, at least these foods, are probably not killing the entire digestive tract and they are probably strongly controlling the "bad bugs". So, regular consumption of natural foods with antibiotic properties is definitely not "bad" (Take, for example, flax seeds and turmeric which are regularly consumed by many of the natives in India.). Taking antiobiotic pills regularly probably is (I would not recommend careless use of prescription antibiotics for the fact they seem to mess up the biome).

I think that's it. Those foods are bad for the bad bugs and not so bad for the good bugs. It shifts the composition of the microbiome but doesn't kill it altogether.

fechter said:
I think that's it. Those foods are bad for the bad bugs and not so bad for the good bugs. It shifts the composition of the microbiome but doesn't kill it altogether.

Indeed. Looking at research, it appears that limes is "good" at killing Staph Aureus (Meaning not 100%, but something like 80-98%, didn't see the actual kill ratio concentration graph in the paper.) and relatively good at killing some others, but not as good. So, it appears that Staph Aureus is more susceptible to at least some of these antibiotic foods more than other bacteria (See the master list at https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82223&start=775#p1267329), suggesting this 'shifting the biome's composition' effect.

Anyway, got the cold pantry done. Dug a hole to fit the tupperware container, cut the roots, put in the peagravel to "improve drainage"(Only needed 1 bag from home depot for this), and then put a wood board over the top to shade and to help insulate it. I will see how successful this approach is, I'm hopeful it will keep my cheese from melting, lol. Would love to have cheese throughout the week, yes.

Anyway, next project is the tornado shelter box. Will begin construction at 3 p.m. and hopefully get it in place and dirt piled on it otoday. And, in my tire moat, there's a really big bug swimming in it, lol. I'm okay with that as long as he does not climb my wheels, lol. I'm thinking about getting "mosquito fish" next time I'm at HEB (just stop by petco), and put it in the pond water. Would help control the mosquito larva, I think?

Anyway, saw what looked like 2 burly black men driving down the road. My gosh, I really hope these people aren't armed burglars. Heck, even thieves. I know this demographic is responsible for the armed robberies common in Northern Florida (At least was... maybe it's gotten better?), so I'm a little wary, especially when they have the look of thugs (Which the driver did.). Luckily, it doesn't seem to be a "black community" like in other parts of the southeast. Why is that? I have no idea. I guess blacks making up 10% of Houston's population is a reason. Well, plus, there are established "black neighborhoods" in houston proper and it's affordable for them here.

Okay, got to doing the box and found out I need screws, lol. Nails just don't seem to go through this pressurized treated wood and I found that 6" nails are almost impossible to remove conventionally. So, I think I'm looking for screws, they are reversible if need be.

Jeez, can't seem to get enough stories about the murderous illegal mexicans in Houston.

I'm getting so tempted to start calling ICE on my illegal neighbors... oh jeez... lol... illegals giving me warning shots... hmmm...

http://nypost.com/2017/03/03/gang-members-charged-with-killing-woman-in-satanic-ritual/

Two illegal immigrant members of the ruthless MS-13 gang were arrested in Texas this week and charged with killing a woman as part of a Satanic ritual, according to reports.

The El Salvadoran suspects, Diego Rivera and Miguel Alvarez-Flores, allegedly killed a woman they were holding hostage in an apartment when she spoke out against the group’s devil worship, ABC 13 reported.

After the woman, known only as “Genesis,” made the comments, Alvarez-Flores — the group’s ringleader — attempted to give a lit cigarette to a Satanic statue as an offering.

But he said Satan wasn’t having the offering, telling his fellow gangbangers that “the Beast” wanted a soul instead, the station reported.

Anyway, I found that Lowes had lime trees for $35. Seems just about everyone has lime trees for $35 (walmart, lowes,home depot), making me think they all have the same master supplier. (The same size lime tree on Fast-Growing-Trees is $89. Yep, me thinks that local suppliers are much more affordable = I get more trees.)

I like the citrus fruit trees. Their leaves look so lush compared to the peach/apple/pear/plum trees I see.

Oh, I just saw a lime tree at HEB conroe! Didn't see a price, though. I'm curious because HEB's prices on their fruit trees seem particularly competitive.

Just ate a chicken. Other than the fact it's been out a while since the last time it's been cooked (Opportunity for bacterial growth), didn't know of anything wrong with consuming it. [Other than hypothetical cholesterol consumption, which has no correlation with LDL cholesterol levels. I was about to say no correlation with CVD, but excessive consumption of dark chicken meat with its sugars might have some correlation with CVD, requires further research.]

However, this morning, I'm feeling unusually aggressive.

Wondering about this (I knew I wouldn't find research articles on it, specific emotional states are not usually the focus of clinical research.), I searched google and someone else found a similar observation in other people.

https://invisiblevoices.wordpress.com/2008/10/17/does-eating-meat-lead-to-violent-behavior/

I happen to notice that those people who eat a lot of meat tend to be more violent. Meanwhile, vegans and vegetarians are more pacific. Is their temperament the result of their diets, or does their temperament influence the diets they choose? Perhaps compassionate people are more open to the idea of a vegan diet. I believe in some cases that could be true, but in my case I noticed that I’ve become less aggressive.

My personal experience suggests there's a causal role. Interesting, well, it doesn't feel like a pleasant change in emotional states, which is why I was somewhat concerned about it. Pink salmon doesn't seem to have this affect, but it appears consuming a whole chicken does. I'm guessing meat, like chicken, would be best consumed in moderation. (40-80 grams/day)

----------------

Looking back, it might've been compounded by low blood sugar, maybe. Well, I was hungry anyway and those bananas tasted good. Still, I'm rarely that aggressive even when I'm low in blood sugar.

Theories online seem to range from steroids given to the chickens (plausible, it was the "unnatural chicken" variety.) and steroids make you angry, to your absorbing the anger the chicken experienced in its cooped up, industrialized and abused life. Well, that last one seems to resonate, for I would never subject a chicken to an entirely unnatural environment and diet, but then again, I'm not raising chickens for consumption so I'm not really forced to make those kind of economic decisions.

When to the store to get a deburring tool to help clear out these holes in my boards (I did this so the 4" screws would work to attach my thick wooden blocks together. Any size higher instantly goes from 10 cents each to at least 40 cents each.)

Anyway, seems like the sheriffs have been hanging out at this house interviewing residents there (So it seems), and I noticed the police were looking suspiciously at everyone driving by. Uh oh, is this what I suspect it is? A robbery? An... armed robbery??!!

Don't have the facts, guess I'll have to ask or something. Meh, I don't know. I don't feel like approaching the front door with their dogs growling at me, lol. Maybe I should've asked while the cops were there, but I don't want to get interrogated/investigated. Not that they would do anything against me, but they could, so I wouldn't want to give them the opportunity anyhow.

Maybe I'll just call up the cops later, yes, I think maybe I'll do that. Would like to stay informed on the happenings in this area, so I can guide my decision making. (If there was little risk of armed robbery, I'd likely forgo the fence for now so I can commit more money to the trees/dog/etc., and then get the fence later; However, if there are armed robberies here, that fence is getting built immediately and security systems are getting in place and those fruit trees may have to wait.

And, there's that tropical rainforest bird sound. I love the diversity in the birds here. So many different colors, so many different sizes and sounds.

Anyway, it's quite amazing how effective this moat has been. Haven't seen one insect, not even a tiny one, since getting it deployed. I like the implications for an effective Trump wall; the only (new) illegals we're going to have here is those who can afford a VISA and a plane ticket, lol. (Which is $160 for the visa, and about $200 for the ticket. So, if a mexican has $360 on hand, they can fly to Houston and stay here illegaly. I have a strong feeling that's exactly what many have done, lol. My neighbors might have even done that.)

And, can't find my screw bits. Well, that's it, the van is getting cleaned out. All but the most valuable pieces of equipment are getting vacated into the backyard, just waiting for a less rainy day - I guess I will just have to hope that there's no tornado weather in the next couple of days. I would get a shed, but I don't really want to waste money on a storage shed just to buy another shed later, when I could contain everything in one large shed.

And, I'm noticing that I'm having periods of hypoglycemia after eating the sweet potatos. Granted, these potatos are massive (1 pound potato = 100 grams of carbs), so it might be causing a sugar crash from the large carb loading, but I'm having some reservations against regularly consuming them. Perhaps I should buy smaller sweet potatos, smaller than what's available in the bulk section. Anyway, I'm thinking it's important to mix a fat in with a carb, and antibiotic fats are especially important. Doing so reduces blood sugar in two ways - 1) It reduces the meal's glycemic index directly 2) The antibiotic fat decreases the blood sugar peaks caused by the cortisol during the immune response to the bacteria by killing/controlling bacteria populations.

I won't eat apples now unless I'm eating it with nuts and/or cheese or some such. It seems like I become symptomatic and hungry shortly later if I just eat 4 apples, but I don't if I eat it with peanuts. Similar policy with the bananas, but it's harder finding a good fat pairing with bananas, but I try consuming it with nuts anyhow. So, yep, basically all carbs should be consumed with a fat. Hunger and cardiac problems seem to arise when I don't.

Standard lunch items (Such as a cheese sandwich or peanut butter sandwich) seems to practice this concept already, which is kind of cool. That is, "standard" lunch items are not necessarily /that/ bad (I mean, the wheat is arguably harmful, but not directly. It's the bacteria that is.). Now, I'm not talking about adding on juice and some cookies, lol.

Anyway, it seems like everytime I've checked recently, my R wave amplitude is variable. I'm not sure if it was always this variable. I'm thinking it probably was, it just kind of surprises me I would now think it's possibly indicative of a problem, but not before, if it existed before. Yeah, anyway, can't find any relevant information online about it, so possibly not an issue.

Update: Okay, just got back from petmart with 8 fish, 4 of some minnows and 4 of red goldfish, and they're acclimating to the pond now. Going to get released soon enough and let have at the mosquito larvae. Seems like the mosquito larva is instinctively acting in terror at the fish. Oh boy, this is going to be exciting to watch.

Anyway, since doing the "never eat a carb without an antibiotic fat" idea, wow, my poop literally does not stink at all. Not even "It's a little smelly", literally, doesn't stink at all. I see how those coconut consuming cultures stay so healthy, now - it's the antibiotic fats known as coconut meat they consume all the time. Well, this validates my suspicion - antibiotic fats > antibiotic liquids. Liquids get quickly absorbed into the bloodstream letting bacteria ferment the carbs later on in the digestive tract (small intestine), whereas fat doesn't get absorbed nearly as quickly so it literally sticks with the carbs throughout the digestive tract until the carbs get absorbed, keeping the bacteria at bay, and the rest of the fat later gets absorbed.

Yep, so antibiotic fats are to always be consumed with carbs of all types.

Now, I need to expand my "known" antibiotic fat list beyond fish(fish skin), flaxseed, nuts, coconuts and grass fed cow cheese. There's got to be more, right?

[it's notable that the native tropic islanders consumed non-animal sources of antibiotic fat, except for fish, so their consumption of cholesterol and animal fatty acids was minimal. Might be a factor in their health, might not be.]

Oh yes, there's ghee. Rich in omega-3, I think? At least the grass fed type is. Also, grass fed cow butter and grass fed sour cream. I don't know about grass fed greek yogurt since it has little to no fat and I'm not certain on the antibiotic properties of the milk proteins. [It's notable that french food has been historically rich in grass fed cow butter and natural insect-eating chicken eggs, rich in omega-3, no doubt helping to impart good health on the historical French, despite their wheat consumption.]

I think antibiotic proteins, like egg whites, probably has a similar affect.

Okay, just released the fish and it looks like they're having a hey day! They acted so docile in the tanks at PetSmart and in "Their natural environment" (Pond water), it looks like they're having some fun! Seems like they're going in for "nose bomb" attacks on the larva, except instead of a bomb going down, they're going up to "bomb" the surface where the larva like to hang out. Anyway, I'm getting the impression that more than one mosquito layed eggs in this pond. So, this is looking like it'll be some interesting territory for these fish. (The water is a little cloudy, so I can't really see them except when they're "nosebombing" the surface.)

Anyway, I think it's interesting they talk about aerating the tank. It seems that in real life, aeration comes from rain drops hitting the water, lol (I actually don't know, but I'm noticing the bubbles when the raindrops hit.)

Well, it's the next morning and there's still many mosquito larva left. I'm not sure what the fish are doing, and if they're getting their food from somewhere else (Plankton? Algae?), or if they just can't see the larva or what, but I'm thinking I'm going to head towards wally world tonight to get a fishnet (With a tight weave) and I'm going to maintain the pond myself. The fish might die without food, but they might be dead already, I don't know.

And, while having lunch yesterday, I noticed a sensation like I suddenly lost consciousness but it went away as soon as it came. I realized at that exact moment that cardiac arrest is a quick, painless death. Anyway, why do I mention this? Well, I don't know the statistics exactly, but something like 50% of all heart attacks result in cardiac arrest within a month or two, so if I did have such an event in the days following when the police kicked me off my property (That severe chest pain I was barely awake for), it's not entirely unlikely I could experience such an event. Anyway, yesterday, it seemed like I lost my breath as if my diaphragm stopped working, but it seems exceedingly likely t/o be a throat/nasal blockage of some sort, because my breathing didn't seem abnormal immediately after/before. But, when it happens, you're like "oh, shit, here it is... lol", which I was, so I was a little panicky, felt the blood pumping and my left temple started pulsing. Anyway, kind of interesting that it was the left temple pulsing and not both of them, since the carotid arteries branch off of the aortic arch in the same area. That might suggest a blockage of some sort in the right carotid, and various phenomena has been suggesting that as a possibility. So, maybe this left hand numbness during the peak of performance is really a stroke phenomenon of sorts. Will I ever go purchae a dopplar echocardiogram and scan my carotids? lol, yeah, I just don't know what the point of that would be. I personally can't do much about it. Even if I got surgery, the 10 year survival rates of endoarchteromies(?) isn't that high (43%), due to extensive underlying atherosclerosis suggesting problems usually arise elsewhere (heart,etc.).

And, i know some people are thinking... man, you're reading way too much into all the little things and assuming the absolute worst... lol... but I will you have you know that stroke/heart problems go together like peanuts and chocolate. The first thing a doctor should do on discovering carotid stenosis is a careful cardiological exam.

That reminds me, I need to get my cocoa going. Been 2 days without that.

http://news.heart.org/study-patients-recall-vivid-memories-during-cardiac-arrest/

Thematically, patients reported feeling like they were dragged through water, seeing plants and animals, seeing golden light, seeing family members and having deja vu experiences.

I'm guessing that's what happened immediately after they suddenly fainted.

Anyway, I'm feeling a bit happier with some pet fish. Yep, I think I'm going to set up that fox proof fence and get me some animals. Thinking some egg laying chickens and some bunnies and a small dog, I will be surrounded by cuteness, lol. Discovered that a fox proof fence should have an angled top with an angled submerged bottom, to deter jumping over and digging under (They'll dig right at the fence line, so angling it in should discourage them.). I noticed that the kind of fence my neighbor has is a little bit too large of a pattern for fox deterrence. Could somewhat explain his frustration with the foxes.

Now how to install the bottom part underneath the ground is something that eludes me. I would think you'd have to weld on some metal bars at the bottom of the fence posts and then attach the fencing to the metal bars. But, I don't know how to weld... I guess maybe that's an important skill out here... Seems like I commonly see that, farmers and welding. Even metal fabrication, seeing a bunch of those kind of shops in the area.

And, my spending has been feeling a bit too spendy this week. In regard to the tornado project, that's understandable. In regard to food, I just need to start subsisting off some starches, just need to figure out how to do it right. I should probably add some fat, but I'm just not sure what kind of fat to add to sweet potatos and how to add it.

Anyway, in regard to antibiotic fats, I've been meaning to look into olive oil and ... something else.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19134433

Twenty-six subjects each received VCO or VOO. Of those on VCO, 20 were positive for SA colonies at baseline versus 12 on VOO. Post intervention, only 1 (5%) VCO subject remained positive versus 6 (50%) of those on VOO. Relative risk for VCO was 0.10, significantly superior to that for VOO (10:1, p = .0028; 95% CI, 0.01-0.73); thus, the number needed to treat was 2.2. For the O-SSI, the difference was not significant at baseline (p = .15) but was significantly different post treatment (p = .004); this was reduced for both oils (p < .005) but was greater with VCO.

SA = staph aureus
VOO = virgin olive oil
VCO = virgin coconut oil

So, it appears that virgin olive oil does have antibiotic activity. Would help explain the association with good health in the historical greek diet (Along with regular consumption of garlic). However, this paper does tell that coconut oil is a more potent antibiotic, would be suggestive of why the tropical islanders are so healthy in comparison to every "healthy" culture, regardless of other antibiotic consumption, like vitamin C fruits (most tropical fruits are high in vitamin C) and cocoa/coffee. (Looking more carefully at the paper, it looks like VCO went from 20 to 1 with SA, and VOO went from 12 to 6 with SA. So, olive oil reduced staph aureus infected people by 50%, and coconut oil reduced staph aureus infected people by 95%. That's a pretty big difference.)

Thinking maybe I'll try integrating some coconut oil into my diet. I tried integrating coconuts, but didn't seem to keep me satiated. I think I would have to shred the coconut and store the shreddings to make it a viable addition directly from coconuts (It appears a certain counter-top machine is typically used to shred coconut meat in southeast asia). Otherwise, I'm buying coconut oil, lol.

To keep my activity levels up, I'm starting to walk a minimum of 1200 feet or so every time I need to take a whizz. It's basically from my RV to the property back and forth 4x.

And, to maintain the pond of mosquito larva.

1) Get larva.
2) Put into 5 gallon bucket.
3) Repeat until clean.
4) Dump bucket on the ground.

That's how I'm going to do it, yes. I think some mosquitos have already hatched recently, seems like they're hovering around the pond. Will have to kill every single mosquito I see (I'll probably wear gloves), and then scoop all the larva up and throw them on the ground, yes. This pond is handy to have, it provides water for my moat and it potentially could provide water for my rain barrels for greenhouse temperature control and watering needs during dry weeks. Just that the mosquitos need to die. And, it looks some mosquito planted its offspring in my moat. Gosh, will these suckers ever stop? lol. Seems like I need to maintain all my bodies of water. Think maybe I'll just poison my moats, soap and all that. Should help deter future mosquito egg laying.

And the yahoo censors are in full force. Wow, they delete the most unoffensive of comments of mine. Clearly showing political and "their corporate friends" bias. I replied, "It's not stupid if you use it to generate income and you have a viable escape plan.", and *bam*, deleted. What the hell? Jeez, I swear yahoo doesn't want anybody thinking they have a way out from the shackles of their financial overlord corporate friends, lol. Don't they realize this is one of the key reasons for the USA's ultrahigh economic inequality compared to other western nations? It's not like Africa where economic inequality is so high thanks to widespread destitute poverty and low income opportunities, there's a plenty of good income opportunities here, it's so high precisely because of the parasitic financial structure of the American economy in terms of mortgages, loans, real estate regulations,etc. and the purchased laws and courts of the land (Or, possibly, inept laws created by naive politicians but I'd like to think that they aren't stupid, but more often, purchased.). You'd remove those non-productive leeches from the American economy and you'd see a far more equitable economy on par with the top Western nations like Germany.

And, no, that's not what I did. I actually used my navy and business earnings to purchase everything, but it's not a bad idea if one has a viable plan. I would be particularly understanding if you were previously unemployed young one during the great recession, had the understanding of the role of those people in the great recession and their role in exactly the inequality of America in other ways, and felt some contempt towards, and furthermore understood that they never really own anything... they either borrow or take it from someone else. About 90% of it is taken from someone else through what is essentially money printing. A 20 year prison sentence for the common joe, a way to make money for the privileged leeches allowed to it.

And I've been ignoring one side of my business for a little bit too long. Wow.. and it's not really one of those kind of businesses that /should/ be ignored... I promise to get back to it today. It's just that those people frustrate me sometimes. Not usually, but it's consistent enough to deter me when I feel like I'm in a position where I could afford to avoid it.

Well, this week wasn't a bad week to ignore the business. What good timing.

Update: Poisoning the moat with orange soap did the trick. All the larva are dead.

You know, it's interesting that I seem to have right-side blockage issues and I also have a broken/disjointed right jaw. I'd wonder if they are linked somehow. it does seem like the carotid forks into the external/internal arteries right below the jaw, so it is plausible that a broken/disjointed jaw might impair local circulation and promote local arthersclerotic development. I don't know if that's actually possible, but it seems like if the jaw is abnormally low due to being disconnected, it could possibly compress the vessel against the muscle tissue, reduciing bloodflow. It might be coincidental.

It's kind of weird, I feel compelled to go for a jog, and then I do (About 1/4 mile), my body feels a bit calmer, but then I don't feel hungry for like another 8-10 hours. (I tried doing my jog at 11 a.m. today so that I would be hungry by dinner, but man, this thing seems to stretching it all the way to 10 at this rate, lol.)

update: got the fish net and boy, my appetite seemed huge, probably from all the walking today. I ate 5 apples with peanuts but after the 5th apple, I started getting that familiar left lower jaw burning pain I used to get quite often a year or two ago and some years before then. I had long suspected it was of cardiac origin but I didn't know why/how, but with my new understanding of the food/bacteria/heart link, I highly suspected bacteria so I downed some apple cider vinegar (A potent antibacterial) and *bam* no more burning jaw pain. So, this tells me that peanuts isn't really a potent antibacterial like coconuts probably are.

Anyway, binge eating is bad for bacteria as is "large serving sizes", especially if one is binging on carbs. They say gluttony is one of the deadly sins, and bacteria is the reason why. Wise use of antibacterials can help stave off symptoms and probably help minimize damage.

So excessive short-term fruit consumption probably has the same weakness as excessive short-term wine consumption -> bacteria explosion. At least that seems true of apples, probably true of similar fruits, like bananas. Don't know so much about limes and blueberries.

So, looking back, it looks probable that I have arthersclerosis due to historical binge eating patterns with the refined carbs and carbs in general. Meh, at least I know what aggravates it now, so I have a good idea of what to avoid and what dietary strategies are best to use.

I'm thinking what happened to that neighbor on the mainroad is that someone was driving down the road, encountered their group of dogs sleeping on the road, came to a stop, pulled out his firearm(Pistol probably) and shot everyone of them. I suspect that because I've noticed that I haven't seen those dogs in the last 2 days, and they're usually hard to miss - they're blocking the road. I gave one of those residents a glare like a week ago, and she should've gotten a clue that blocking the main road with her dogs was unkosher (Especially since there's a lot of residents that use this particular road, it's the only way to get out.), and it looks like someone else shot them. At least that's what I'm guessing.

Well, as much as I'm not for shooting other people's dogs, I can't deny the neighborhood benefits of them being gone and the likely warning that particular resident may or may not heed in the future. I do know if this was a HOA situation, she would've been warned and written up immediately.

And this machete-wielding burly mexican man walked by with 2 large dogs and his wife. I'm guessing the machete is mainly for dog deterrence, not a bad idea in this area, but it's still a little threatening when he's swinging it around, lol. (Granted, I know not everyone has the appropriate belt and frog available)

Looks like they saw my property. I'm hoping they connect the two and realize I LIVE HERE, lol. And, I further hope that means they aren't coming by and shooting their gun right next to my area as a warning, when I'm their neighbor down the road. Jeez, I've never seen neighbors treat each other that way. (I'm assuming they didn't know I was a neighbor at the time.)

And, I went to look at the pond to see what kind of work I'll have to do, and surprisingly, there was only like 4 or 5 left (out of like 200). Oh man, did they turn into mosquitos? Or did my fish eat them all? I'd assume a day is enough time for them to get hungry enough to go eat mosquito larva. Now I'm contemplating feeding them so they don't die, but I don't even know if they exist, lol. I can't see them and it seems they rarely come to the surface.

Well, for some strange reason, I found a bunch of larva (not 200, more like 30-40) hiding behind leaves on the edge of the pond. This is in stark contrast to yesterday and the days before, when they scattered all throughout the pond. I wonder why they're doing that?

I have not seen the fish in the last 12 hours or so. But, it seems like there's been a reduction in larva, so maybe they've got consumed and maybe that's why the other larva are hiding behind leaves.

Okay, well, I guess I'll try to subsist on low GI starchy carbs mixed in with some coconut meat or oil or whatever's ideal and everything else is pretty much free game. Maybe a limit of one or two fruits in one sitting, and must be consumed with an antibiotic during and after. Then, I'll keep the physical activity up throughout the day. Aiming for walking 3 miles everyday or its METS equivalent. Jog when I feel compelled to jog. And, keep the vegetable consumption up. It is notable that the burning jaw pain was common back in the "days of ignorance", but it's been pretty rare since adapting my diet to my current dietary insights. And, I'm thinking about getting a coconut grater for grinding up coconuts.

https://www.amazon.com/ODIRIS-model-Odiris-brand-Coconut/dp/B00AF56XRY/ref=pd_lpo_79_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VA887FRWQNPS6507YG3S

Coconuts taste better when they're shredded. And they seem more satisfying.

Made from high-quality stainless steel, this Coconut Scraper is a must for most cooks from South India where coconut is used in almost every dish.

Oh, maybe that has something to do with the health of the native Indian diet.

And, I'm going to focus more on the mineral rich tropical fruits. Apples and the stone fruits aren't particularly rich in minerals, and I've seemed to have less problems with bananas. Bananas have been known to make issues better, whereas, excessive apple consumption have been known to make issues and apples are not known to make issues better. However, excessive banana consumption seems to cause issues, so it seems like excessive consumption limits applies to most fruits. And, I'm going to start a regimen of garlic. Seems purported to reverse arthersclerotic plaques, though, I haven't seen definitive research on this. It's quite possible that the immune system might actively repair/reverse existing plaques, but ongoing insults overcomes the efforts, and the immune system boost that garlic has (It doubles T cell count or some such) may increase immune system efforts for repair/reversal. Other known immune system boosters are vitamin D levels and sun exposure. And a happier mood. And exercise. And probably vegetable consumption, maybe.

So, if the immune system tries to repair/reverse existing plaques, it seems hypothetically possible to reverse it. But, that is a really big if. The research I've seen suggests "young plaques" are reversible, but not matured ones.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16079917

The results of angioscopic examination showed that EPA slowed the progression of atheromatous lesions, and probably suppression of the proliferation of smooth muscle cells is the mechanism of such effect.

Oh, interesting, EPA. Primarily comes from fish oil and one of the main omega 3 fatty acids. I believe it's present in grass fed cow products and probably a lot of other omega 3 sources. Anyway, this research is notable, because I don't believe I found antibiotic action for EPA unlike the other omega-3s, so it's curious to see it has another role in improving vascular health in other ways. (In other words, all the fatty acids in fish oil and the omega-3s in grass fed cow products has a health improving effect in one form or another. Cow products also have omega-6s, grass fed has less, and their affects on vascular health is unknown.)

Anyhoo, my low diastolic is probably indicative of atherosclerosis and it's connected with a ~50% increased risk of heart failure according to research. So, my blood pressure numbers are nothing really to write home about, lol. ("Woah, your blood pressure is low! Good job!" says the naive nurse.)

Just saw an ant, been about 3-4 days without seeing one. Reinspected the moats, they looked fine, suspect the ant came in from climbing the van -> crossed the tarp -> RV but that does seem somewhat like a remote possibility. Monitoring the situation. Think maybe I could fill one of the moats and poison it with orange soap as an extra precaution. Seeing babies too, maybe they've found a bridge somewhere.

Update: Okay, just found out that a pine needle landed in just a way to make a bridge across my moat, lol. I cleaned it out. I guess I'll be looking for 1) Low water levels and 2) Pine needle bridges, lol.

Okay, just went fishing for mosquito larva with my wally world 3" fishnet. It's pretty effective, you could see them squirming in the net. I ended up just shaking the fishnet over the ground to clear them out, it was a lot faster that way. I think I got 90% of them, there's still more here and there. I noticed they liked to hang out in corners, making them easy to catch in mass. As to my fish, still haven't seen them. I see this one creature swimming around that kind of looks like one of my minnows from the top, but it looks like it has 8-10 legs, so I'm thinking probably not! lol

I want to find some manual way to pump the water out. I prefer manual ways since they seem to be more reliable, and it makes for a good workout.

And, tomorrow afternoon looks like it might be a goodtime to clear out the van. Rain seems to fade away somewhere around 11-12. Then hopefully I'll find my bitset and I can complete my tornado shelter, and then get the driveway clay in.

Yeah, I kind of figured out what this forest really is to a lot of people. It's one big perma-recreational opportunity, lol. Hunting, ATVing, fishing (for mosquitos, lol), yeah, it's just kind of fun here. And the temperature is almost always nice when it's not cold, plenty of shade from the hot Texas sun.

Yeah, anyway, I think that little pond is kind of neat. I feel like expanding it and getting an intertube on it or something, lol. Expansion wouldn't be too difficult, but it'd definitely take time.

Anyway, I think I want to help repair the roads on this road I drive on. I'm not sure if people actually do repair the roads here, so I might have to take the initiative. Would require me to meet one of the neighbors. Meeting neighbors seems like it shouldn't be risky, but in this area, I just don't know... lol....

And, walking outside, turned off the generator and about 10 seconds later, *bam*. Someone just shot within 1/4 mile from here. Most likely my neighbor down the road. Coincidence? Probably not. Likely a warning. He knew I was outside and he was in the area, and so he probably thought "He's going to hear this one, hehe.". The likelihood he just happened to find an animal to shoot within eighth of a mile within 10 seconds of my turning off the generator is pretty darn slim. Yep, so the fact this happened tells me... man... he was out in that forest for some time. I really doubt he just went out there as soon as I went out there; he's obviously just staying out there for many hours. Doing what? The creepazoid side of me thinks he's doing it to watch me, like a cat keeping his eyes focused on the mouse. Yesterday night, this creep decided to ring some bell in the forest near my property while I happened to be walking outside. Yeah, so, I'm thinking it's time to up the security because I have someone stalking me at night. That's become kind of obvious over the last 2 nights and probably many nights before that, I just wasn't aware because I hadn't yet established the habit of walking all-day. So, thinking about getting streetlights outside and I think I'm going to start practicing my shooting and I'll make sure my neighbors can hear me. They should know they're not messing with someone defenseless.

I should probably go say hi during the daytime. I would think they know I'm a neighbor by now, but maybe... they might just stalk me less. Maybe.

Well, I should go say hi. Call the cops to let them know. And beef up security. And, I'll go pick up a 25-mag semiauto carbine just in case SHTF. Being watched this much is not something a neighbor with no ill-intent would do. It is, however, something a tiger looking for the opportunity to strike would do.

I suggest a 5 meter concrete perimeter wall with high voltage razor wire. When pouring the wall, you could easily include some piping for a flamethrower. I can see a lot of value in some pyrotechnics to discourage the neighbors. Also, since this thread is about implementing solar, I suggest you clear cut the property and erect a solar tower, which can be easily re-purposed as a defensive installation.

Good idea, that would probably be ideal. I think about the skills and equipment required and my budget and try to find alternatives

Yes, I think there'll be a courtyard of sorts in the center which will be the "safe area" - it'll be safe for my chickens, bunnies, myself, etc. during the night and early morning (Seems those are the hours that evil becomes emboldened, concealed by the darkness. I also saw avoiding early morning hours as a way of keeping fox problems down.). It doesn't actually need to be absolutely impregnable, but it does need to be concealed and not immediately accessible. So, a tall fence would work for deterring immediate accessibility. Then for concealmeant, some kind of sheeting, but shouldn't be easy to cut open. I was going to recommend a privacy fence but those are easy to cut open. I would be OK with corrugated steel siding, but, those would readily rust here and give the area a displeasing ambiance. (An easy to cut siding would be OK with a double fence.)

The courtyard should have perimeter lighting and camera security for monitoring the fence perimeter.

Doing it this way, it should probably lower the fencing costs for the rest of the property for fox deterrence during the middle of the day since I'll be on duty watching the area. And, it doesn't really seem like this guy poses a threat during the day. However, he was walking down the road with his machete yesterday morning so that might be changing.

Oh, maybe a wood fence would work. Looks like 80 linear feet(20'x20') would be $1000. Eeks. That's more than the estimate for fencing the entire property with welded wire fencing. Perhaps I could put a wood fence in for the external facing walls, and then wire fence for the internal walls. That wouldn't look pleasing, however.

Jeez, just so many threats I have to take care of all at once. And, my business is leaving me little time to expedite it.

Well, this looks like a viable option.

Wooden fence posts with corrugated steel siding.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/8-ft-Corrugated-Galvanized-Steel-Utility-Gauge-Roof-Panel-13513/202092961

80 linear feet would be 40 of them, so $400 total. Plus $100 for the posts, maybe $20 for the quikrete. So about $600 after tax.

I'm thinking I'd rather just continue the property as I originally planned and just call the cops on repeated aggravations. If he escalates his threatening behavior, call them again. If he wants a show down, he'll have a showdown. In the meantime, I should increase nighttime security and secure the generator with some rope - not very secure, but if he's out there cutting my rope, I'm sure I'll know about. I think there's a probability he's staking out the area to take the generator. I also think he's sticking to the trails, because he doesn't want to be vulnerable. Increase nighttime security by covering the windows, so at least he doesn't know where to shoot.

Wait, I think I have a security cable. That should work.

Get a good game camera with IR. It runs on batteries and a SD card. If the brush is low and thick, cut a couple of thoinned out lanes for the camera.

There are probably Mary Jane plants scattered out in the brush. These neighbors need some sort of income.

Also, be aware, Salvadorans, Hondurans and Guatamalans are mean, Mexicans not so much, unless in a group.

Harold in CR said:
Get a good game camera with IR. It runs on batteries and a SD card. If the brush is low and thick, cut a couple of thoinned out lanes for the camera.

There are probably Mary Jane plants scattered out in the brush. These neighbors need some sort of income.

Also, be aware, Salvadorans, Hondurans and Guatamalans are mean, Mexicans not so much, unless in a group.

Oh, that's interesting you mention that. Because, yes, right next to their property is a large area where the brush has been completely thinned out, with only the tall trees standing there. Might they be doing it for security or for growing Mary Jane plants? I've heard drugs is a problem in this area. If they are doing it for security, then I'm thinking they might have some enemies.

So my neighbors might just be violent drug vendor/distributor types. Well, that's a little unsettling.

I saw a good opportunity to grow fruits/subsistence crops, they saw a good opportunity to grow drugs. :shock:

Well, that new understanding has me shifting ideas on my current temporary operating location. It's one thing to have "hostile neighbors", it's another to have violent druggie types. They aren't just hostile for no reason, they're protecting their source of income, and many have killed over money especially in this kind of industry - when they sense a threat, they want to eliminate the threat. Would help explain the persistent surveillance.

And that person I saw that was in hot pursuit of someone was likely in hot pursuit of my neighbor and he was probably undercover DEA.

Okay, I think I figured it out. That's "ringing a bell" noise I was talking about earlier, thinking they were just being freaking creepy... Yep, I think I have it wrong. They likely have a lab of some sorts out there (Maybe a portable lab) and that noise is actually the sound of a glass wand being stirred in a flask or some such. Well, something's being stirred or some such. The reason why I've heard them each night I've walked outside is probably because... they work at night. Too risky to work during the day. And, that mysterious trail in the woods that I thought was possibly one of the ATV trails? It's probably a drug trail that coincidentally leads to an entrance near their house. It's actually too thin to be an ATV trail, and it's too well used to be "An old trail", and it's not a hiking trail, that's for sure. People don't "hike" in these woods, that's for darn sure. And this drug trail just happens to be within 1/8th of a mile in front of my property, which explains why I always seem to hear them "near enough by". (It could also be a dirtbike trail and there are a few of those in the area, but this trail just happens to terminate right near their property and these guys own machetes, so they obviously have the means to create trails through the underbrush.)

Now I need to verify if this idea of a "drug trail" is actually a thing. Maybe it's not and I'm just letting my imagination get to me. Maybe they are just simply watching me at night, every night, which is kind of creepy.

Nope, can't find mention of a "drug trail" on google. I guess it's my imagination.

Anyway, need to implement some things. A windowshade so they don't know where to shoot if they decide to do so (If they don't know where to shoot, maybe they won't!) and I need to attach a flashlight to my rifle to make it effective for night use.

ANY light makes it easier for someone to find YOUR location. Go outside at night, with NO lights of any kind. Wait 5 minutes and carefully scan the area. Do NOT fix a view on a spot. IT will eventually "move". Take one slow step, stop and LISTEN. Old VietNam tricks so I came back home outside a body bag. Stealth is your friend. Get used to the dark, it's a wonderful time of the day.

Game cams are around $100.00 for a decent one. Forget them $49.00 wonders. Now that hunting season is over, check Craigslist. Rednecks sell stuff out of season to buy stuff coming into season. Might get a bargain, but, KNOW what you are buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back