The Ebiker Joke thread...

In ES Newz:
Fiat Chrysler is still trying to win U.S. approval to sell 2017 diseasel models as the U.S. government decides whether to take legal action, CEO Sergio Marchionne told reporters at the Geneva Motor Show. In January, the EPA and California Air Resources Board accused Fiat Chrysler (NYSE:FCAU) of illegally using hidden software to allow excess diseasel emissions from 104,000 U.S. trucks and SUVs.

Some investors questioned Fiat Chrysler plans to have engine exhaust exit into the passenger compartment...

C6hCLt7WwAAnNRt.jpg

Man. Company "Airwheel" has lately just been flooding the WWW with ads for their electric vehicles... one and more wheeled. And I see they've now popped up on site "military technologies":

What’s the Next Daily Urban Transportation? Airwheel R5 Electric Assist Bike Is the Answer.
http://www.military-technologies.ne...rwheel-r5-electric-assist-bike-is-the-answer/

Used to be one could roll up and get stuff like "Is that electric?" ("Where's the extension cord?") These daze maybe can just say "it's military technology" ...

:lol:

1558458_729932513718528_2113760818_n.jpg

13716215_1059730167407347_4748194863541412571_n.jpg

In newz:
More car trouble... Shares of Renault (OTCPK:RNLSY) are down 3% in France after a report from Liberation accused the carmaker of cheating customers on emissions levels in its diseasal engines. Meanwhile, Audi (OTCPK:AUDVF) just announced that prosecutors are searching its premises in Germany. The auto brand, which is a subsidiary of Volkswagen (OTCPK:VLKAY), said it's in relation to the wider Diseasal scandal.

:cry:

Canadian law stolen by a brewery...
[youtube]R7iOqR0N69g[/youtube]

Biker seen late for work. I guess...
[youtube]PUc04B67OWk[/youtube]

346b1bb03762e4ac32969ed8617c015c.jpg

[youtube]Ehh8ZdIMMj4[/youtube]

17498785_1292931137461607_8492643838761829981_n.jpg

ES Bible: "No suitable matches were found."... for word "Iliotibial"? You know, as in Iliotibial Band Syndrome? Huh.

How to deal with Iliotibial Band Syndrome
("What is ITBS and what can you do about it?"):
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/article/how-to-deal-with-iliotibial-band-syndrome-49364/

Includes:
The iliotibial band runs down the outside of the thigh from the iliac crest (the prominent part at the top of the pelvis) to the upper part of the shin.

Working with the muscles around the hip and buttock, the band acts as a ligament and is essential to stabilise the knee. If you stand and slightly bend your knee, you can feel the band as a hard area of tissue.

... and:
Irritation of the band as it rubs over the outer part of the thigh bone can lead to iliotibial band syndrome (ITBS). This overuse injury causes outer knee pain that is worsened by activity. The knee can swell and you may feel or hear a ‘pop’ when bending the knee.

Causes include weakness of the hip abductor muscles and a lack of flexibility in the band. Poor riding position, particularly a saddle that is too high and cleats that turn the foot inwards or outwards excessively, can be to blame too.

... and concludes:
Or just buy one of those darned ebikes.

8)

Current ad seen... somewhere:
00n0n_kTsG3o1VQVS_600x450.jpg

Schwinn 203 Recumbent Bike Electric

Apparently all the wheels fell off...

Spotted on that FacePlant thingee site:
Parents!
Are you concerned that your child is getting too much exercise?
Want to ensure they grow up realising the vital importance of private car ownership?
Keen that they learn how to run old ladies over on the pavement before they've started school?

I give you... electric cars for kids! Spotted in Clapham. Give me strength
17499045_10155882047236102_8183111435873122471_n.jpg

'Kay. This is getting weird...
17522564_10208744075454357_8671733143182848477_n.jpg

[youtube]m6V_ZxNiSzU[/youtube]

^^ Hehe... Loved the episode re "Worlds Silliest Car Drivers"... :wink:

Meanwhile, race is on to see who can build the worlds Tallest Bicycle w/Electric Assist!

[youtube]g9Kiw3m0BNo[/youtube]

Master Justin... you there? :mrgreen:

AMAZING NEWS from the Dutch! Netherlands outfit Fastned reports their operating costs at the first two Fastned EV "fast" charging stations were covered in March! They claim a first crack in breaking the millions and millions of (almost) free household current outlets that are already out there. (And charge SUPER "fast" while ebikers are "busy" anyway sleeping or at work, shopping, partying, etc.)

Fastnet:
https://fastned.nl/en/

... and their Press Release:
https://cleantechnica.com/2017/04/08/fastneds-1st-ev-fast-charging-stations-now-breaking-even/

GOLLY!

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA5MS8wNTMvb3JpZ2luYWwvZ2xvYmFsLXdhcm1pbmctaXMtaGFwcGVuaW5nLmpwZw==

Golly! Somebody (else) should do something!

Heading in a current email blurb from an ebike manufacturer:

OUR DEALERS ARE THE AT THE HEART OF THE EBIKE REVOLOLUTION IN THE USA!

(They ARE trying to be funny, correct?)

I realized long ago it was rude of me to honk my horns to ask car operators ("drivers") to get out of my way. (Instead, just pass them...)
C9SwaSJWsAAuhzk.jpg

Giggle.jpg

Maybe don't trust watt you see online. EVen Giggle (sp?) gets it wrong sometimes...

Back