How many bikes do you guys have and how many are running?

recumpence

1 GW
On Earth right now. That can change at any time, t
As the title suggests, I am curious how many bikes you guys have and how many of them currently function? This seems to be an addiction for me...... I have 5 electric bikes right now and 4 are in running condition. Actually all 5 run, but one of my bikes is my very first electric recumbent (the bike that started the RC equipment craze a decade back), and the fork is slightly bent making it handle poorly. I am unwilling to repair it, though, because I want to leave it completely original (maybe I should just get a new fork for it and ride it now and then). :wink:

Anyway, more often than not, my fleet are more non-functional due to upgrading parts constantly. But, I am at the point that I just want to enjoy my bikes instead of constantly working on them. So, I am setting them up the way I know I will be happy with them long-term and making sure to enjoy riding them as much as possible. :D

So, how about you guys? What size is your fleet and how many of them are running?

Matt

5, with another 1 hopefully ready in 2 weeks, 2 frames not yet looked at, and 5 non-electric which may or may not get the "treatment" sometime... it's a disease...

3 ebikes
Two running which are our daily commuters and one more coming. But it's a long slow build :( which is a pity cause it's gunna be noice. Adaptto etc.

Basically tired of building any more ebikes...just want to ride them and maintain them as needed....

Marin MTB Front Mac 350 from ev3ev
Giant Sedona Crystalyte 406 Front
Asama Womens 700C Front Cute 100
Sun EZSport LongWheelbase Recumbent Crystalyte 405
Rebike Compact Long Wheelbase Recumbent Crystalyte 404
Actionbent T1AMesh Tadpole Trike Rear 9Continent BB7 SilverShifters CycleAnalyst 2packs/parallel Ortlieb/Arkel bags. Love this thing.
CatrikeRoad Rear 9Continent
Giant Revive Recumbent Front Conhis
Cannondale Hooligan Minivelo/Urban Assault Front EZEE Geared V2

Thats 9 ebikes, 16000miles on the Actionbent trike (58V 40Ahr total). All are running well and selected on a per ride basis for the type of ride I'm doing, commuting or long-range touring, low security vs high security, trailer pulling etc.
All of these rides are fun in their own way.

Mustn't forget my non-electric Xootr for quick scoots to the liquor store.

A certain amount of kool-aid was drank as I experimented with some different concepts.

I got ride of the Townie D7 - geometry not aggressive enough, and also got ride of the Sun EZ1 CLWB recument - smaller wheels made it twitchy.

Chris

5 and 3 are running and in use. 1 is current project and 1 is new to me this week for next one.

Just the two in my signature right now, SB Cruiser and CrazyBike2, for functional bikes/trikes.

Delta Tripper was cannibalized to build SBC, so it doesnt' exist anymore.

Velcro Eclipse was cannibalized to start the Raine Trike project, which is only barely begun on fabrication/design.

DayGlo Avenger still exists and still has most of it's parts on it, but it is not functional; the frame is cracked on the rear seatstay and is aluminum so I can't fix that. Have considered moving it all over to the Nishiki but haven't.

Fusin Test Bike (diamondback coil) is just a frame now, with some components on it; the ebike stuff will go on the Raine Trike along with an Ezee hub at some point.

Nishik-E hasnt' gotten off the ground yet, I ahve an old Kepler drive that I have to build a mount to clamp to, as the Nishik-E has a wierd seatstay/tube joint it can't fit and reach the tire. But I have a very similar bike recently acquired to swap out, that is easier for me to mount (slightly lower top bar) and should be able to mount the drive without an adapter.

BarkFiet (aka Loooooooongbike) is still a concept, but may soon get built as my workplace is getting rid of some "u-boats" that are heavy-duty (1-ton+ capacity) stocking carts, which would make an interesting cargo bed for it.

Have plans for several other bikes, but none of them have gotten past the design stages; most of them probably have threads here on ES somewhere. :) I probably have enough parts to build all of them to running stage if I only had enough time to do it. :/ (maybe would need controllers).

EDIT: Oh, I forgot I also have an old Prodeco Mariner folding bike from Cvin, for my use whenever I need a backup ride, but as it isn't really "mine" I didn't think of it till just now. but it's functional and parked in my house. :)

I have 2 e-bikes.

One I use for commuting and is bet conventional. It has a 350W front hub geared motor.

One I use for touring is a trike with a 750W BaFang mid drive (it a trike it is, of course, out in front), and a NuVinci transmission. It is running; but needs some tinkering to be closer to "right."

1. Assault & Battery - running.
2. Gravity/BBS02/IGH - running
3. Electra coaster 7 with 1000W DD hub. -running
4. Haro E-bmx. - running
5. Wife's 250W geared beach cruiser - running
6. Genesis 1000W DD hub - build in progress
7. Kona Leroi with gng ultralight middy. Waiting for the motor to arrive. Ridable.
8. Norco six SE - in the build queue.
9. Norco Shore 1 - also in the build queue, but ridable.

I woke up yesterday morning with nothing to work on, so I just started digging around in the garage and found a Genesis frame, needing to be assembled, and a 1000W 15Kv mxus wheel hanging from the rafters, and thought, WTH. Let's build it.

Genesis 2017.jpg

eBikes in the household (2 of us):
-- 3 bikes are in 'just check tire pressure and go' status
-- 1 bike that would only take a few hours work to be operational again, but instead I'm thinking about a major frame lengthening project and drive conversion on it... so figure a month to get it running when I finally get to it
-- 3 frames that once were, and may someday again become, running eBikes... but are realistically dust collectors today

Since you guys have individual bikes listed, I will last mine;

Actionbent Midracer (running but has bent fork)
Giant Revive (running)
20 inch full suspension bike (running)
Mountaincycle SanAndreas (running)
Qulbix Raptor 140 mid drive (running)
Outrider Quad (new bike just begining)

I guess that is six bikes, not five. :D

Wait, does my twin motor skateboard count? :mrgreen:

Matt

If that many of your bikes are running Matt, you gotta ride harder. If I visited for a weekend I bet the running bike list is shorter after I ride them. ;)

liveforphysics said:
If that many of your bikes are running Matt, you gotta ride harder. If I visited for a weekend I bet the running bike list is shorter after I ride them. ;)

Ha, I bet! :mrgreen:

Well, my twin motor Raptor is only running because I rewired the phase leads. They melted (jumpers between the controllers and the main phase leads) from running it really hard continuously in deep snow. So, I moved to larger gauge, fine strand phase extensions.

I ride hard! But, not as hard as you. :D

Matt

I Have 6....1 is running. The others are in storage while my house is being built....not long now :D
I purposefully built an all rounder (giant glory - 35mm mxus) for the period while they were all in storage.

3, 0 currently running :( keep breaking stuff, or getting delayed in building new stuff, because i keep breaking stuff.

Hi Folks

Not been around for a long time but still have all my bikes and use them all the time, I have a total of 4 bikes, the original KMX I raced around in the snow all those years ago 2006? is still working using a Currie USPD hollowed out to 48V, I have an X5304 running at 72V 40A in my red trek bike the one that used to have the USPD drive, I have my daily rider the Raleigh bike with BMC motor and I still have the 72V electric BMX from over 10 years ago, they are all working still and all using the original crystallite motor controllers, some of the controllers I upgrade with 100V fets, amazingly they all still work.

I pop in here from time to time however these days with family and other business activities I dont have much time to tinker, great to see the hobby is still alive and well 8)

Knoxie

4 ebikes with one not running as I wait for some mods to an ERT kit...... A pair of BBSHD Class 1 fatbikes with IGHs built to Karl's recipe, a FS fatbike with a BBSHD awaiting a power boost and a Lightning P-38 recumbent with a Magic Pie DD hub motor.

Back