Suzuki GSX-R e899 K2

Rovii said:
Hey guys,
sorry, I am back now. I am very sad that this happen to my threat but that´s another story.
Also I can not sign in with my old name so I registered now again with a little bit different name.
Hi Andre,

I restored all of your original posts, and I also investigated your previous user name of "Rovi" but for some reason that username no longer exists. I'm not quite sure what happened.

I am sorry I am not able to help you on that issue. Perhaps one of the other MOds can help. But at least you all can see the original posts again.

~Teslanv

Cool to have your very own booth. The EV world need more people to spread the word and show the naysayers that the future is electric. And both your builds are taken far beyond the average build so you really deserved your own booth to display your builds and inform people about the EV and show folk EV is cool, usable already and will become even better, cheaper and more powerful in the years to come. Too many people are still clutching their fists to ICE vehicles, refusing to see beyond today, and are ill informed or just plain ignorant about what EV is all about and has already become.

Respect.

Hello Teslanv,
thanks for your kind assist, nice to see that all the stuff is back.
Regarding the name it is also ok for me as it is!

Hi macribs,
thanks for your friendly word. Yes, it was a nice experience for me and I really lieked it to speak with people about ev´s.
The first question some of them asked me how far can you drive with your GSXR. Then I have to say sorry, it´s not my intension to drive long distances it´s only for my hobby. By the way the booth itself is from my brother, we use it in drag track event´s but I got the place from energy park to present it!

We also talk about the costs of ev´s . Ok, a Tesla is a very nice car but how many people can buy such a car ... yes, only the upper class.
A lot of people do also not want to spend 30-40.000€ to a small car, when they get a bigger petrol car for her money.
They are looking for cars around 10.000€.
There must be the possibility like the start in the early 50th with VW Beatle to get a car to a big crowed of people. Then everything grows up very slowely but I think the company who will manage this will make a big deal!

Rovii said:
Hello Teslanv,
thanks for your kind assist, nice to see that all the stuff is back.
Regarding the name it is also ok for me as it is!

Hi macribs,
thanks for your friendly word. Yes, it was a nice experience for me and I really lieked it to speak with people about ev´s.
The first question some of them asked me how far can you drive with your GSXR. Then I have to say sorry, it´s not my intension to drive long distances it´s only for my hobby. By the way the booth itself is from my brother, we use it in drag track event´s but I got the place from energy park to present it!

We also talk about the costs of ev´s . Ok, a Tesla is a very nice car but how many people can buy such a car ... yes, only the upper class.
A lot of people do also not want to spend 30-40.000€ to a small car, when they get a bigger petrol car for her money.
They are looking for cars around 10.000€.
There must be the possibility like the start in the early 50th with VW Beatle to get a car to a big crowed of people. Then everything grows up very slowely but I think the company who will manage this will make a big deal!

Well, you can always convert a VW Beetle :)
http://evalbum.com/type/VOLK - about 300 in total, more than half Beetles

P.S.: would you please wear a helmet when you ride the bike on the street? Would be a shame if we lost your skills here. :shock:

Holy Christ. I am extremely disappointed at the pairing of a liter bike with a 34KW motor. WTF dude. I get that it's a GSXR but you've disgraced it all the same.

Afaik there have been only two cars that have been for the everyman. Beetle like you said and the T-Ford. If 3 is the magic number maybe this time we will see an EV designed to "fit em all" with a price tag that most of us can afford. Such a vehicle would really get ignorants and naysayers to open their eyes.

Rage anxiety = Who the fcuk in their right mind decides what car to drive every day of the year by their needs for that once a year long trip that would require one or more quick charges. Those needs are not valid arguments for driving ICE, when a rental car would solve that. And the savings from driving EV would pay for the rental and most likely your hotel too.

flat tire said:
Holy Christ. I am extremely disappointed at the pairing of a liter bike with a 34KW motor. WTF dude. I get that it's a GSXR but you've disgraced it all the same.

Fully understand you, I'm envious, too! I mean, he can ride his bike already and I still need to work on mine...
An I'm not sure if I can ever match his workmanship either - sooo jealous :wink:

marcexec said:
flat tire said:

Fully understand you, I'm envious, too! I mean, he can ride his bike already and I still need to work on mine...
An I'm not sure if I can ever match his workmanship either - sooo jealous :wink:

Hey guys,
if you really read this topic you will find out that the motor I used now in the GSXR 1000 is only a compromise solution because I am waiting now over 14 month of an already ordered and paid custom frame from KKK!

I ordered the bicycle frame in February 2016 as normal bicycle frame with 135mm drop out.
KKK promise me to deliver the frame before eastern 2016.
In June 2016, QS-Motor bring out a preorder for their new motor and I talked to KKK is it possible to change drop out to this new motor drop out of 230mm and he said no problem, your bicycle will be an powerful and awesome build.
I got this motor last August but no bicycle frame and also get no feedbacks from him via email!
But now I hope to get him by this week cause I remind him friendly via Facebook.
Then the motor will shifted to the bicycle frame and the GSXR will get a little bit more electrical power!

Therefore I already started in parallel with the defect GSXR 1000 I have in my garage and come to the end by end of August first to use the motor in the GSXR because she was standing there and so I can go now on drag track this year and have fun.
So, that you can better sleep: I already thought about the 1000 at the fairing maybe to change it to e600, standing for electrical , 600A phase current!
Sorry I forgot to say that I retired to drive on public streets.
In my FB comment I stated clearly that in normal case I wear a helmet and clothes!
My fault sorry guys
This was only for the 300m run that there exist a short video from it and you see now a face who build it!

And what should I say ... it made really fun to ride the bike to the 1,2km far away exhibition, where I wear at least a helmet,
I drove very slow behind my brother who was riding my bicycle "Straightliners Rising Sun" manually.
People don´t hear us but when they saw us they are looking with open mouth!

flat tire said:
I think it's the most awesome conversion I've seen.
I kinda want to do the same thing with a Hayabusa. :twisted:

Ok guys,
last Tuesday the February 2016 ordered bike frame reached me ...
At first I try to go with 17" motorcycle rim but that´s definitely not possible. I tested it with 20" bicycle wheel from my daughters bike.
The frame touch the ground and the wheel in the fork has a 5cm gap to touchdown.
Therefore I decided now to go with 21" motorcycle rim which I used at Rising Sun.
So I have to find a drag race wheel for 17" motorcycle rim with outside diameter of 21" motorcycle wheel which I can fix on my 4,5" "wide" rim
I put in the 28" front wheel and 26" rear wheel from Rising Sun to get a fast feedback about the distance between frame and ground.

Attachments

• BRT 002.JPG
    BRT 002.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 4,891
So with the 28" wheel at the front and the 26" rear wheel it has following dimensions:
Bike high: 78cm/30,7"
Wheel base distance: 1,88m/74"
Bike length: 2,55m/100,x"
Distance from frame to ground: 6,5cm/2,55" @ front; 8,5cm/3,34" @ rear
And for the hubmotor with 4,5" x 17" motorcycle rim I found now a Hoosier front wheel for drag race cars (27,5" / 4,5"-17").
I hope that the hubmotor will not destroy the wheel.

OK, adjusted my views, now your project is only cool, no longer lame for the lack of power. 34kw is still more than an unskilled rider can use.

The day before yesterday I got my new dismountable Motolug HDE motorcycle trailer.
Now I can forward my ev´s legally on German streets and after dismounting I can put him into my trailer :wink:

The reason I decide me for the trailer is very easy:
- dismountable (have no place to put a second trailer on my parking area)
- carrier ramp is loading ramp (so no additional ramp needed
- ev´s high only 5cm (other trailers like this have a drop down (up to 5cm at front wheel, so the bicycle frame or motorcycle fairing will have direct contact with the carrier ramp (without fixing the bike´s)).

The frame was sand blasted and primed.
So no more chance of rust.

I am fighting now with controller settings of KHB14601.
When I go to full throttle position and hold it (from standstill) the controller makes frequently resets until he stopped at a speed between 90-100 kph.
The failure code says: Maybe caused by overvoltage, bad motor intermittent earthing problem, bad wiring

When I accelerate smoothly maybe to 60 kph and go slowly higher and higher with throttle position it speed up to 122 kph until my test road ends and I have to brake.

Also I can accelerate up to 50-60 kph in full throttle position and then go back to a middle position and continue slowly with acceleration step by step

My settings at the moment are:
motor phase current: 100% = 600A
battery current: 80% (175 V DC, 20Ah, 60C/120C)
Under voltage: 100 V DC
Overvoltage: 180V
Throttle up down rate: 5 (1-20)

Has someone a good info for me to solve this issue?
The next steps for me that I will go on 80% of motor phase current and if it not worked I will go from 42S to 36S and also try to get throttle switch in full position.
Btw. I have no cycle analyst or something else!
Thanks Andre

Gotcha!!!

And here the official results from last weekend ...
For sure at the end I am faster then BMW C evolution in top speed but not in acceleration.
I got 5 controller current cut outs in 6 runs and I also change voltage level from 174,8V to 146,6V and therefore increase the current.
But with all settings I came I think to max power very fast.
So I have to continue testing to find the best setting.
In last run when I made my best result I was starting on 146,6VDC with 100% motor phase current, 100 battery current including a trick.
Every time when it seems to cut out, I got back from full throttle position a little bit and directly go forward again.
So I got no cut out but of course I lost time during let´s say switching from one gear to the other.
But at the end I found it was a good result and very nice weekend with my bro!

Attachments

• Alkersleben 2017 014_klein.jpg
    Alkersleben 2017 014_klein.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 3,765
New top speed record on 730m landing field at Bamberg airport.
I already started to remove old KHB14601C controller and think about the different possibilities how the fix the new KLS14401.

Attachments

• IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 4,495
  • IMG_0509.JPG
    IMG_0509.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 4,493
  • IMG_0511.JPG
    IMG_0511.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 4,495
  • Testfahrt Bamberg 017_Top Speed_klein.jpg
    Testfahrt Bamberg 017_Top Speed_klein.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 3,769
That run with the 2.5sec 60' was way faster than all the rest! 14.6 is quick!

Thanks but the motorcycle overall weight with 365lbs is too heavy for this 14kW (cont.) motor!
I think you will get these 14,6 seconds with less motor power on lightweight bicycle frames for sure!
But I also think that fairing will help a lot!

Edit: I attached now the controller settings but all the time I got internal resets I try to compensate via turning back the throttle signal for short and turn it back to full throttle position

For the test run at Bamberg airport I put the settings to 68% motor phase current (400A) and 100% battery current and get the better result.
The second I tried to go on 100% motor phase current (600A) and 100% battery current but get reset by controller (of course the acceleration was better but during the distance maybe it costs time and distance not to beat the first result on 730m. So I also drove 780m but only reach 170 kph.
Maybe because of voltage drop during first run I made on 173V and second run I measured 169V.

Attachments

• Controller settings.jpg
    Controller settings.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,996
New KLS controller is already installed, parameterized and I made already the first little test ride around the block.
KLS needs a little bit longer for start up but after 5-10m the punch will come.
Let´s see the test results in 1,5 weeks.

Well done! Mid 14's is not slow with a hub motor and a 2.5 60' is not terrible for your power/weight. Seems your biggest constraint at this point is controller, hopefully the newer model Kelly is better.

I highly recommend the Mobipus 72600 - this would require you to lower pack voltage considerably but is capable of 600a battery amps and more phase amps than your hub can handle. It's substantially better in the software and reliability than the Kelly IMO. This should easily deliver 42kw and has many options for extending top speed beyond pack voltage.

My problem is that I have ordered a 144V motor after I asked Kelly Controls for the most powerful controller.
That´s why they recommend me KHB14601. But it seems that this "old/new" controller type has some internal problems!
Kelly Controls have also KLS96600 (600A) phase current. But with this "low" voltage I will never reach max turns (1740@144V ==> Kv=12,08).
BTW the motor can handle up to 703A for 3 seconds and 563A for 30 seconds (manufactures statement), so I can go with 600A for the short distance (402m) on the motor.
Well I hope that KLS14401 will now work proper. I will see it.
By next winter I will change the controller again to water cooled Emsiso emDrive500 (125V, 500A/800A, 62kW cont/100kW peak).
So next year I am able to kill the motor :wink:
With 125V I will also not reach the top speed but this controller has field weakening option.

So I have cancled test run for today with KLS controller, because my tyre is loosing air.
The same problem I had 2 month ago and repaired it.
But now it´s time to change to new tyre, also regarding the estimated top speed I will reach.

So with new tyre, now 160/60-17 Conti Sport Attack Soft I hope that test run can be done on next Wednesday.
I hope to beat my last speed record of 176,94 km/h (109,94 mph) on 730m distance with new KLS 14401 controller now.

Back