Hailong pack build, 13s4p Samsung 30Q

Overclocker

10 kW
WIVqfTC.jpg

HmoP7lN.jpg

K0pMwPj.jpg

This is a slim case but I'll be using this pack w/ a 45A controller which needs a bigger BMS than would normally fit. So some surgery is needed. I also decided not to use the 52-cell carrier to create more space

Z0vG9Gr.jpg

Da38Obj.jpg

n6kX9YQ.jpg

Section removed to create a flat surface. That's white PVC bonded to the Hailong w/ PVC cement. The Hailong seems to be ABS so it should be a strong bond.

In progress...

Empty case: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-E-bike-48V-lithium-battery-box-Down-tube-electric-bike-battery-case-for-48V/32763112527.html

BMS: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Electric-motor-car-13S-48V-40A-BMS-lithium-ion-battery-BMS-Used-for-48V-20Ah-30Ah/32484213150.html

ePassionHomebrew said:
Good luck with the build mate. May I ask where did you source the empty Hailong case from?

Probably aliexpress. Like <$40 for the case shipped i think.

Overclocker said:
teslanv said:
I like that load tester. - Looks home made. What kind of resistor coils did you use?

nichrome wire on aluminum angle bar

Can you give us more info and pics about load tester. :shock:
How thick is Nichrome,,how many ohms is one coil?
what kind of spot welder use?

Are you saying that nickel is glowing hot at 40A? At 5A my .2mm x 10mm nickel was basically room temperature.

Nice job with the nickel strips. That's a really good layout.

You could toast marshmallows while doing that load test :wink:

Did the cells get hot doing that?

kocetoMR said:
Overclocker said:
teslanv said:
I like that load tester. - Looks home made. What kind of resistor coils did you use?

nichrome wire on aluminum angle bar

Can you give us more info and pics about load tester. :shock:
How thick is Nichrome,,how many ohms is one coil?
what kind of spot welder use?

0.8mm nichrome. just play w/ different lengths to get the desired results. if too long the resistance is too high and you'll need to use too many in parallel. but if too short the nichrome overheats and goes limp

JP Welder by riba

fechter said:
Nice job with the nickel strips. That's a really good layout.

You could toast marshmallows while doing that load test :wink:

Did the cells get hot doing that?

i made a burrito for dinner. was really tempting to use it to grill the tortilla :)

i only ran it at 2000w for a couple of minutes, just to check for hotspots in the nickel

QXiNXmY.jpg

cfqjXJs.jpg

Excellent looking build. Has the case held up?

There seems to be a few stories of the Hailong case breaking etc. I have still ordered one though...

Back