Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lead. Found this and bought it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W4I0UMY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71Q0HOrKHyL._SL1333_.jpg

Plan on creating a slit through the top, passing rope through tied to a tree branch, and hang the solar shower off it. It's a bit low (6' 1"), but I think my RV is already that low, lol.

MASTER GREENHOUSE LIST - ALL YEAR LONG PRODUCTION

This shall be my master greenhouse list of eligible planting candidates for all-year long production (With a slow down likely at the top of the winter since I won't be using grow lights; makes no financial sense for me to use growlights. If I lived far far away from the grocery store, perhaps I would.)

Cherry tomatos - sakura, festiva, red pearl.
Watermelons - Sugarbaby.
Cherries - barbados/acerola, jamaican, and the mulberry tree (Properly pruned)
Limes - Persian, Keylime
Greens - Okinawan spinach, Malabar spinach
Guava
Avacado - Hass, Cold hardy
Pigeon Peas (A possible starchy vegetable to grow year round, but, it might make more sense to grow seasonal starches and store them. Like, corn, peas, etc.; Looks like this could be grown under the tree canopy of the cherry, guava, avacado and lime trees.)
Yams (same)
Sweet potatos (same)
Bell Peppers (http://www.johnnyseeds.com/growers-library/vegetables/peppers-bell-greenhouse-production.html)
Cucumber

END OF LIST

Non green house goods
--------------------

WARM WEATHER CROPS (Mar-Oct)
----------------------------
Black/Blue corn - http://www.rareseeds.com/dakota-black-popcorn/ - Looks like this would be the most productive staple crop for blue corn in this climate. Looks like 2 crops would be possible, while the Incan corn would be limited to 1 crop, most likely. Despite being popcorn, I'm assuming it can be stored and boiled (Skip the "curing" steps for popcorn).

COOL WEATHER CROPS (Nov - February)
----------------------------
Carrots
Peas
Spinach

Here's a full list for fairbanks alaska, which has a roughly similar solar summer position as houston does during the winter. https://www.uaf.edu/files/ces/publications-db/catalog/anr/HGA-00030.pdf (Fairbanks summer solar angle = 44.5 degrees, houston winter solar angle = 50 degrees)

It appears I'll need to come up with an adequate ant-planning strategy. The trees are easy enough, but corn stalks seem harder to deal with. I might need raised beds and an enclosure, which would be costly for staple production. Perhaps I will just buy my green pea staples. I get the sense that ants tend to attack the sweet crops, not so much the starchy ones. Perhaps there's starchy blue corn? Maybe dent blue corn.)

Anyway, got more cleared off the backyard today. It looks like this backyard clearing with probably take 2 weeks. I think I'm going to work in the morning time, since it seems like the warmer evening temperatures brings out the mosquitos in abundance.

It's interesting this lack of carbs. Low carb diets have been shown to lead to adverse vascular affects according to research, and low carb cultures appear to have high rates of vascular deaths (Like the inuits). Tropical cultures, on the otherhand, are not short of carbs and tend to live the longest lives in the world.

But, these reports of people eating eggs and eating very little carbs and living to 100+ years old befuddles me. It's like eggs are a very special food, and I don't really know what's so special about them. I don't really know how eggs provide the body nutrients and energy the body needs to do tissue/organ/vascular maintenance necessary for good health, but it seems to be doing just that.

If I were to speculate, I'd speculate that dietary cholesterol is a good source of energy, and eggs are definitely high in cholesterol. The internet seems to think cholesterol can't be metabolized for energy, so there'd be speculation here. I'm guessing that maybe eggs didn't provide energy in her diet, but maybe fat from the steaks did. Anyway, I just don't know. According to this source, the protein is the source of energy from eggs.

As it does not cause surges in blood sugar and insulin, the protein in eggs is a steady and sustained source of energy. Eggs are rich in protein and nutrients including thiamin, riboflavin, folate, B12 and B6, the B vitamins that are essential for energy production.

So, the egg contains everything it needs for energy production. Well, that would make good sense since the developing embryo needs energy for gestation, and the albumin contains everything it needs for that. And, the developing embryo also needs all the amino acids for tissue synthesis, so I would assume the albumin likely provides that as well (Out from the albumin and yolk comes a small feathery animal). So, it appears that eggs provide all the energy and amino acids one needs for tissue/vascular/organ synthesis and maintenance. That in addition to the powerfully antibiotic enzymes in the albumin likely explains its powerful health-giving attributes when used as a substitute for the energy from carbs.

It would make sense that eggs would provide a more complete set of energy and amino acid compounds than animal muscle, thus making it a different class of protein; a suitable replacement for carbs. And definitely more complete than vegetable proteins, like nuts, which don't seem to provide much in the way of energy.

One person's supposed secret to living to 122 was 2.5 pounds of chocolate a week.

Interesting, let's look at this. How much cocoa is that really?

Well, that's nearly 1kg of chocolate per week, or about 150 grams of chocolate a day. Or, about 1 1/2x standard 100gram chocolate bars from the store.

This guy (https://www.quora.com/How-much-cocoa-powder-and-cacao-butter-is-needed-to-make-100-g-of-chocolate) calculates 60gr of cocoa powder per standard 100g bar.

So, about 90g of cocoa powder/day.

And, that's about 18 tablespoons of cocoa powder. Wowza, that's a lot. I currently get in 2 tbsp a day, used to do 4. If I do any higher, my sleep starts getting affected.

Yeah, so now it's questionable about that chocolate she's consuming. Maybe she's not consuming... 60% cocoa... maybe she's doing 25% cocoa milk chocolate like a Hershey's bar. That'd make the equivalent amount of cocoa (25/60)*(18tbps) = 7.5 tbps. Ok, now that's more plausible. I could get in around 6-7 Tbsp a day without too much issue, assuming the majority of it was before 2 p.m., lol. 18 TBSP is just going to destroy your sleep, no matter when you consume it.

Well, saw a study showing that high protein diet doubled heart failure. It looked like they were specifically looking at animal protein.

One commentor pointed out that comparing one diet of low fat / moderate carb / medium protein to low fast / moderate carb / high protein was a scam, because they didn't study the affects of low fat / low carb / high protein. I was like.... :roll:... seems like the study was structured well enough for me. And, I already postsed a study showing that low carb / high protein was no bueno, so I already know of that relationship.

Anyway, this is significant, because I thought high protein intake didn't matter as long as energy intake(carbs) was sufficient. [However, perhaps moderate carb/moderate protein would compare favorably to high carb/high protein? Maybe more protein needs more energy.]

Anyway, I don't really know how excess (animal) protein intake increased heart failure risks, but apparently it does. Apparently being the key word.

If I were to speculate, I'd likely suspect that sugars in the dark meat and the nitrites they use in packaged meats might be contributing, and there could be some role for the high cooking temperatures typically used for meat in America. Maybe some lipid oxidation, maybe something else. In short, I don't really know, but the healthiest tropical cultures I've seen don't seem to eat an abundance of 'meat', so there's some likelihood to this connection -> high animal protein intake leads to adverse health consequences. May help explain the poor cardio health of the inuit, in conjunction to the low carb intake.

I presently don't get much in the way of animal protein - have no way to store it. And, there's no way I'm eating canned anything other than canned fish. I was getting in chicken from the chicken tacos from the mexican grocery, but I'm deciding to curtail that because it doesn't seem to keep me asleep through the night like a dinner of peas (wake up hungry) and I recently found that the corn tortillas they use has phosphoric acid. Traditional corn tortillas don't have these preservatives, but the packaged ones do.

And, I definitely think I'm going to add coconut shreddings to my diet permanently. It in addition to fruit seems to lead to longterm satisfaction. Fruit alone leaves me with an empty feeling, not quite satisfied, but coconut shreddings added to it completes it. (It completes a banana in a way that peanuts can't. Peanuts seem to complete red apples relatively well. It's interesting this, because peanuts and apples grow in the cooler climates while bananas and coconuts both grow in the warmer climates. It's like these plant fats were designed to specifically complete the local plant carbs, which seems sensible in a way, but it doesn't seem inevitable and necessarily expected. I haven't tried coconut shredding with apples; it could very well complete apples too. Coconuts might just very well be universal with plant carbs.)

Well, that was an interesting dream. Hordes of zombies marching down the long narrow forest road. This neighborhood just makes the perfect environment for something like that, lol. I woke up just minutes ago feeling half breathless, which was a little weird. Getting back to sleep did feel "unusually sleepy"; I had 2 ripe bananas and about 4 tbsp of coconut shreddings about 30 minutes before getting back to bed.

Walking down the pitch black forest road at 5 a.m. in the morning probably didn't help, lol.

update: 9:42 a.m., just couldn't stop going back to sleep. We, the survivors, were at war with the zombie hoard as they rolled their tanks down the thin narrow road and we were in a nearby clearing and we were clueless as to whether we had any explosives, lol. Then I woke up.

That was one weird dream. Anyway, found that HEB sells organic split peas in the bulk bins, so this is a good discovery. It doesn't seem like the packaged split peas can commit to 'organic", but they might be the exact same peas; it seems that HEB probably packages some of the bulk bin items into their own packaging for the in-house brands on the shelves. Seems that peas are commonly consumed in the Caribbean and India as a staple food, as well as rice.

And bought a pomegranate. Tasted pretty good, the seed-in-the-gel modules(?) had the same color as red grapes and tasted pretty similar to them too. Downside is that they are freaking expensive; And, it does not appear to be an ever bearing annual plant. It has a harvesting season.

And, oh, forgot to say... yesterday night... I got up and was perusing on my laptop and I saw a spider rappelling off my hair and I could see him against my laptop screen. Yep, that baby was annihilated, lol (The fact I couldn't find his remains concerned me...). I don't seem to find them in here, but somehow they find me in the middle of the night, lol.

Anyway, I started wondering about vitamin B12 given its seeming importance. It appears it's only obtainable from animal origins but that flies in the face of the adverse affects of high animal protein intake, so what gives?

It appears that Marmite has high levels of b12 from yeast, and yeast is a bacteria so I started wondering...

If intestinal bacteria possibly synthesizes it.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7354869

In man, physiological amounts of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) are absorbed by the intrinsic factor mediated mechanism exclusively in the ileum. Human faeces contain appreciable quantities of vitamin B12 or vitamin B12-like material presumably produced by bacteria in the colon, but this is unavailable to the non-coprophagic individual. However, the human small intestine also often harbours a considerable microflora and this is even more extensive in apparently healthy southern Indian subjects. We now show that at least two groups of organisms in the small bowel, Pseudomonas and Klebsiella sp., may synthesise significant amounts of the vitamin.

Interesting, this. So you can get vitamin B12 from eating your own poop. Is there another way? Sounds a little unappetizing, lol.

And whatever kind of diet favors pseudomonas and Klebsiella may also lead to significant production. What kind of things do South Indian eat? They eat things like bananas, rice, lentils, peas, coconuts, etc.

There was actually a few foods that looked pretty "good"/"healthy" for vitamin B12. That being seafood and eggs, coincidentally the main protein intake of The Kuna. (They liked eating turtle eggs)

Anyway, while at the local HEB, I noticed how everyone seemed to have nice new shiny cars just like in Charleston. I didn't think this was necessarily the "nice" part of Houston (Though certain neighborhoods in the area seem pretty nice), so I didn't think that fully explained it. So... I started thinking...

-Let's assume $30,000 base salary based on the average local wage of $15/hour.
-$24,000/year after taxes. (20% off the income)

Annual basis
---------------
24,000 after taxes
-10,000 (morgage costs)
-4,000 (car loan)
-2,000 (food)
---------------------
8,000 left for whatever

Yep, the local economics seem to support widespread ownership of new cars. This was in stark contrast to where I came from, where wage levels were $9/hour and the work hours were often 25 hours/week or less, leading to a base salary of $12,000/year-$14,000/year which didn't support much in the way of mortgages or new cars. Thus, renting was widespread, and new car purchases tended to be uncommon in average neighborhoods (They were common in the best neighborhoods). Anyway, used cars here seem to be dirt cheap, which seems to be a thing where the average person is buying new cars; I guess no one wants used cars if they can buy new, pushing down used prices. That was definitely not the trend where I was.

Anyway, I was at the soil yard earlier today, and I stopped by and asked about this sand that my road seems to use. I told them it didn't get mushy in rain (I think that should be a requirement for the road-building materials in this area.), and they asked if it had gravel? And, I said yes it had some. They then informed me it was "iron ore" and they didn't have it. Oh, i've heard of that. They then informed me it is very hard to find in this area, well, that's a bummer because I wanted to repair my road, lol. I guess I could get some rocks and toss it in the holes.

I vote for crushed limestone. It sets up like concrete and is easy to maintain. I have had it on my drive for 25 years. Drainage is key (as it is for almost any other material). Can't run water across it and best not to have water standing adjacent to due to base failure.

Hmmm.... I guess this might be on of the problems with the current drive. The culvert isn't dead center at the bottom of ditch (There's a pile of packed in rocks in the way), so there's a little standing water after a rain next to the clay. I guess this might soften the base and lead to "base failure" (Drive sinks in under weight).

So, I'm thinking...

Might need to excavate the clay, remove the current culvert, dig up the existing pile of packed in rocks, lay a large culvert across it, pile big rocks across the culvert, then put the clay across the culvert (Or optionally, put the clay directly on the culvert). This way, the standing water shouldn't be touching the clay and weakening the base, causing it to sink under weight.

Can anyone confirm my thinking on this? I've never dealt with culverts before and the principles behind them, and I /really/ don't want to reverse all my efforts, but I fully understand if I have to, and I just want confirmation before I extract and remove all the clay in the ditch.

Can anyone confirm that standing water touching a clay base for a driveway is a mortal sin?

I've noticed that the edge areas of the driveway seem to be prone to "sinking in", suggesting that the standing water touching them is locally weakening the base. I guess if I had a really long culvert, I could just make the driveway really wide and not use the edge areas that like to sink in when there's standing water (2-3 feet from the edge).

Maybe this is why the county mandates 24 foot long culverts - the area 2-3 feet from the sides is weakened by standing water and likes to sink in when weight is applied - so you need to make the driveway 22 foot wide to get 16 feet of usable driveway.

Man, the local clay/sand soil from my yard doesn't seem to have this problem; weakening edge areas when there's adjacent standing water.

Here's some guy offering crushed iron ore gravel near Dallas,TX.

https://easttexas.craigslist.org/mat/6039863508.html

Driveway materials available for delivery with small 6-8 yard dump truck for those areas where a big tandem just can't go!

1. Recycled Asphalt Millings (makes a very durable driveway at a fraction of the cost of hot asphalt)
2. Recycled Crushed Concrete (also makes a very durable driveway without the large "boulders" found in washout material)
3. Crushed East Texas Iron Ore Gravel (primarily used as a base to be covered with recycled material like #1 or #2 above)
4. Oil Sand (delivered freshly mixed from the asphalt plants in Tyler. Not available on weekends)
5. White Rock (decorative purposes or as a driveway material)
6. Pea Gravel (walk ways, patio areas, etc., mostly decorative, not recommended as a driveway)
7. Topsoil/Sandy Loam (East Texas topsoil and sandy loam, both raw and screened available when ordered in advance)
8. Fill Dirt (mixture of sand, clay, soil, small gravel, etc)
9. Red Select Base (house pads, mobile home pads, etc.)
10. White Sand (pads for above ground swimming pools, available when ordered in advance)

Service area is 25 mile radius of Chandler, Texas. Delivery is available outside of service area with mileage fee. Weekend delivery available for most products when ordered in advance. Tractor service available by the hour to finish the job after material delivery with a 4 hour minimum. Minimum hour requirement is waived with purchase of 3+ loads of any material. (hourly rate still applies) Estimates are always free and references are available upon request. We accept cash, checks and credit cards. Please call the number listed for pricing or reply through craigslist email. Please no solicitor calls.

Makes me think this material was sourced from around this area. I wonder why the local suppliers can't source it? Maybe they don't want to because they know it's too expensive relative to other available options?

Well, I noticed my right rear tire had a slow leak and it seemed like the leak was accelerating, so I thought I should go to walmart to pick up equipment to repair it and replace the tire if I needed to. So, I picked up a jack, jack stand, wheel chocks and some slime. On the way home, about halfway there, I noticed this strange whirring sound, so I started slowing down and then it started going "clunk, clunk,clunk" and then it REALLY started going CLUNK,CLUNK,CLUNK as in "Houston, we have a problem."(Isn't that quote so appropos here? lol), so I tried to find a shoulder, couldn't find one on my side but there was one on the other side. So I pulled over and checked it out and it looks like my right rear tire basically disintegrated. Oh, well, isn't it nice I /just/ got the equipment to perform exactly this kind of replacement. And, I had my temporary tire on me. So, after mutiple attempts trying to lift my vehicle high enough to remove the tire (I eventually had to put the jack underneath the wheel mount to lift it high enough to remove and replace the wheel), I eventually got it removed and replaced it with the temp. I tried pumping up the temp tire and... just would not inflate. Bummer. So I called the tow guy and got towed home. Wow, this is only the third time I've used these guys since getting here. It's weird how these guys have become some kind of central fixture, when I've never used them before in my life before coming to Houston.

Anyway, the guy said the tire was spinning on the rim. Eh, I don't really know what that means. Apparently it's not sealing against the bead or something. Yeah, I don't know anything about that when it comes to cars, so I'm just going to have to watch some youtube videos or something. It'd be nice if I could get the temp tire working so I could make mail deliveries. Worst case, I'll have to pull out and resurrect my electric recumbent and carry my machete for self-defense (There's hordes of dogs I must pass through along the way).

While you are tuned into youtube, check out "mhpgardener" I believe it is. I'm going to get his recommended items today, shipped to my son in Fl, and, by the time I'm ready to return back to CR from Fl on May 9, we should be eating stuff out of my sons plant boxes.

This system does not require air pumps, water pumps or dirt. Plant and nearly forget and is set up outside with minimal protection.

Cool, I'll make sure to watch his videos when I have more freetime today. Looks like he's doing hydroponics and greenhouses? I wonder where he's located for growing warm weather crops in the middle of the winter.

Anyway, found out that the tire wasn't attaching to the rim, looks like it needs to be attached to the rim(With a screw driver?), pumped up first, and then laid down on the ground, otherwise, if it's laid down on the ground without being pumped up, it'll jump off the rim and leak air and not pump up.

This would've been A LOT MORE OBVIOUS if I had light, but it was dark and I didn't have my flashlight with me, so yeah... getting a light in the van soon enough... (Now sounds like a goodtime, lol.)

It seems that car tires are almost exactly like bicycle tires, except they eliminate the inner tubes, and the tire is supposed to seal with the bead of the rim.

UPDATE: Okay, just found out his approximate location. He attended a Trump rally in Myrtle Beach, SC, so he's likely around that area. Don't have enough information to suggest Myrtle Beach, exactly, but I know from my living just 80 miles south of there, is that it's a pretty poor/affordable place so it wouldn't be too surprising if he was around there.

And so he's around the 33.7th parallel. So, his solar conditions are pretty similar to mine. (I'm at the 30th parallel, it looks like the furthest south in the continental US is around 26 degrees. To become truly tropical, it appears one must be in Hawaii. I guess key west is "close enough" at 24.5 north.)

It looks like at current prices, at 1+ acre parcels (The kind useful for crops), the minimize price for anywhere on the key islands is $70,000/acre. Yowza.

It seems that the furthest affordable south is around McAllen,TX at the southern tip. But, they don't get that much annual rain (23 inches), so crop potential is kind of limited. It looks like you'd need to have irrigation in that area for crops, so a parcel near the rio grande might be necessary. Or, somewhere in or near the cities down there. (But then you're paying for water; who wants to do that when I can do what I plan on doing and collect rainwater? My area is pretty promising for crop production with 45 inches/year, but it seems collection is pseudo-necessary with the 1 to 2 week dry spells; many plants require daily watering or near daily. Some tropical crops ideally get 80 inches of rain/year.)

All in all, this location is pretty much ideal with the right balance of rainfall, huge city proximity, and low enough longitude. If one were in McAllen, TX, though, you /could/ have Fairkbanks, Alaska summers in the middle of winter. (26 degree north -> 46 degrees angle of winter sun -> roughly the same peak summer sun angle in fairbanks of 45 degrees.)

And it seems like this particular area is not really that humid (So far), so I could have the choice of nonhumid environments (Either outside or outside air ventilated greenhouse) and a humid environment inside a greenhouse.

Taking a closer look at the tire and rim, it looks like the tire into one side of the rim by a bead while the other side doesn't have a bead; it's like the tire is naturally supposed to spread out to push against both sides of the rim, but it's clearly not doing that. So, I'm going to watch some "install a tire on a car rim" videos to make sure I'm not missing something.

[youtube]ro14HjAR6vA[/youtube]

According to this video, it seems like the tire is supposed to naturally spread out to push against both of the rim. Mine's kind of not doing that, lol, the sides are kind of shrinking in a little bit, so I'm thinking that maybe this tire is too old. If this is the original donut tire, it's 16 years old which is well past the 6 year age limit given to these guys by the manufacturers. So, maybe it's just too old; shrunk up and lost its springiness.

So, it looks like I'm just kind of without a vehicle right now. Doesn't that suck. Well, time to get that bike running and let's order a tire in.

[youtube]DDJpAtlM2ZM[/youtube]

What the heck? I need to stretch the tire by filling the tire with a flammable gas and making it explode?? :?

And, I just looked at the rims. The rims look fine, and the 'regular rim' is definitely twice as wide as the "temporary rim", so it looks like I would have to remove the existing tire off the regular rim and mount another tire on it. Need to watch youtube videos to make sure I can actually do that with the tools I have, lol.

[youtube]tRAS1A6eEV0[/youtube]

For removal, looks like you need a sledgehammer and two prybars. Yep, don't have any of those, lol. I have a hammer, I wonder if that would work?

https://www.amazon.com/Core-Tools-CT116-Tire-Iron/dp/B00NIKN2G8/ref=pd_sbs_469_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00NIKN2G8&pd_rd_r=RW6KE5TN3D9PS43A9KZJ&pd_rd_w=2p1RQ&pd_rd_wg=2tCfB&psc=1&refRID=RW6KE5TN3D9PS43A9KZJ

That looks good for pry bars.

Have a rim already.

Just need the tire and I see a few.

It looks like I'll need to get my bike ready. And, I don't think I have a way to keep the batteries charged at the moment but I have some 24V tunable power supplies hanging about. Guess I could bulk charge my lipos.

To do, get the bike out with seat and parts. Locate the lipo, Attach it all up, get ready to go.

OK, bike is now operational. Electric hasn't been tested or used yet, but I'm sure it works. I'm more concerned about getting the back brake working (Front brake isn't ideal on dirt roads) and ascertaining a realistic way to charge my batteries before using the electric.

OK, got the 2 tires and tire irons ordered. I'm getting two tires because I obviously need a new spare, lol. (The spare tire has a gash in it, making it kind of worthless even if I could get it to seal.)

In the meantime, I'm pedaling my recumbent for mail deliveries. Hopefully, I can get the van running by the time I need to get groceries. And, I guess I will have to buy fruit from the mexican grocery, whatever they have, when I run out of bananas. And, I think I will maintain mosquito poison traps around my area. It'll actually poison all the flying critters, but I'm OK with that. The bigger worry might be if a stray dog drinks from it.

A more immediate issue looks like drinking water. Looks like I have a 1 day supply left, meaning I will likely have to source and transport water back from the grocery. That's expensive; further, my recumbent doesn't have much cargo capacity currently. It's kind of questionable how I'll effectively transport these 2 tires back home. I guess I might have to rope it up to the back of my seat. Luckily, I know a few of the important practical knots.

It's nice that not having a van operational doesn't really heavily impact my source of income. But, it is making me think I should've bought that property on the main street for the postal delivery/pickup convenience, lol. But, I didn't want to buy that property because it was too close to the tracks; train noise would've been unbearable. It's quite bearable at this particular location, so I luckily made a good choice on that note.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-use-a-Tire-Changer/?ALLSTEPS

And looks like I might need a ratchet strap to seal the tire to the bead.

[youtube]AgmfEar0vBc[/youtube]

For the valve core removal tool, I will use the tool on the slime.

And, it looks like I could use some ratchet straps for securing the kayak to the top of the van.

Anyway, if I had to ask myself "Would I ever consider buying a property between .6 - 2 miles from the railroad tracks?", I would say YES. I just wouldn't want to be any less than .6 miles, lol. Someone mentioned they would /NEVER/ be less than 2 miles from the train tracks, but I'm guessing they got that extreme opinion from having lived within a couple hundred feet, bless their hearts. But, for sure, you would pretty much never hear the train being 2 miles from it.

https://youtu.be/jdN2_Jq9c9w?t=384

yep, that's right. Forest living is increasing my creativity by 50%, lol.

If I didn't know any better, I'm verging towards heart failure. Went riding on my recumbent getting some mild aerobic in, started getting that strange sensation in my chest. Could've been my back.

Then yesterday night, only slept 5 hours, didn't go back to sleep.

Checked my ECG, the QRS complex was intermittently tiny and the trace looked overall sickly. Possible hypoglycemia. I know my body was craving everything sweet lastnight. 1/3 cup dry peas, 3 bananas and some wine didn't seem like enough but I cut it off there anyway; seemed like enough to me.

This "intermittently tiny QRS complex" hasn't been observed before.

And, then, this morning while going for a walk, it started off with that heavy chest sensation.

I know yesterday afternoon is when I learned I will have to use my bike for now, so maybe that's when it "all started". I just don't know.

Anyway, need to get a wooden club going for smacking dogs that be nipping my heals or doing who knows what else. Then I'll have my machete at the ready if more desperate measures are needed (Full on attack). I'm thinking about bringing my gun if I need to protect myself from the owners, lol, but carrying it may be difficult.

Tomorrow morning, I will need to pick up fruit and water, as well as likely carry a box of business supplies back. So, I'll probably need my backpack and plenty of rope; might bring some bags for handlebar mounting. In the morning time, tomorrow, I will likely have to cook up peas for breakfast as I'll be out of fruit. Normally, I would've just drove somewhere tonight to pick up fruit for my mid-week fruit replenishment, but that's not a possibility.

The causes of low voltage complexes on the electrocardiogram (ECG) are variable; however, they are not commonly discussed. An ECG with small QRS amplitudes may initially look unremarkable to the unwary, but some of the underlying conditions may be critical. Although imperfect, the ECG is still a useful, noninvasive and readily available tool for the screening of these underlying conditions. We present two cases with low voltage complexes in the ECG. The first case highlights how the findings on ECG and subsequent echocardiogram led to the diagnosis of a rare case of cardiac amyloidosis. In the second case, a screening electrocardiogram alerted the physicians to a life-threatening condition, that of a large pericardial effusion with cardiac tamponade.

Time to research and worry myself needlessly, lol.

Anyway... interesting research on cocoa.

Phenol in cocoa has same effect as clenbuterol

http://ergo-log.com/cacaoclenbuterol.html

What is this clenbuterol?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol is a β2 agonist with some structural and pharmacological similarities to epinephrine and salbutamol, but its effects are more potent and longer-lasting as a stimulant and thermogenic drug. It causes an increase in aerobic capacity, central nervous system stimulation, blood pressure, and oxygen transportation. It increases the rate at which body fat is metabolized while increasing the body's basal metabolic rate (BMR). It is commonly used for smooth muscle-relaxant properties as a bronchodilator and tocolytic

Oh, interesting, yes, most of this is already known of cocoa's affects.

Although often used by bodybuilders during their "cutting" cycles,[citation needed] the drug has been more recently known to the mainstream, particularly through publicized stories of use by celebrities such as Victoria Beckham,[4] Britney Spears, and Lindsay Lohan, [7] for its off-label use as a weight-loss drug

Weight loss drug, interesting.

As a β2 sympathomimetic, clenbuterol has also been used as a performance-enhancing drug.

A three-year suspension for taking clenbuterol kept sprinter Katrin Krabbe from competing in the 1992 Summer Olympics, and effectively ended her athletic career.[8][9]

In 2006, San Francisco Giants pitcher Guillermo Mota, while a member of the New York Mets, received a 50-game suspension after testing positive for clenbuterol.[10] In 2012, MLB officials announced they were again suspending Mota for 100 games due a positive test for clenbuterol.[11]

American swimmer Jessica Hardy tested positive at the US trials in 2008. She was subject to a one-year suspension, having claimed she unknowingly took the drug in a contaminated food supplement. Former New York Mets clubhouse employee Kirk Radomski admitted in his plea deal to distributing clenbuterol to dozens of current and former Major League Baseball players and associates.[12] After finishing fourth in the K-2 1000-m event at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, Polish sprint canoer Adam Seroczyński was disqualified for taking this drug, and Chinese cyclist Li Fuyu tested positive for it at the Dwars door Vlaanderen race in Belgium on March 24, 2010.[13]

In 2010, St. Louis Cardinals minor-league shortstop Lainer Bueno received a 50-game suspension for the 2011 season as a result of testing positive for clenbuterol.[14] Cyclist Alberto Contador of Spain was banned for two years from professional cycling after testing positive for the drug at the 2010 Tour de France.[15]

He was later stripped of the 2010 title of the Tour de France and the 2011 title of the Giro d'Italia.[16] CAS found that Contador probably tested positive due to a contaminated food supplement.[17] In 2013, Contador's team-mate on the Team Saxo Bank squad, Michael Rogers, tested positive for clenbuterol at the Japan Cup bike race. In April 2014 the Union Cycliste Internationale announced that it accepted Rogers' explanation that the substance had been ingested by him after consuming contaminated meat whilst competing at the 2013 Tour of Beijing, upholding Rogers' disqualification from the Japan Cup but declining to impose any further sanctions on him.[18]

In 2011, players of the Mexico national football team were found with clenbuterol in their bloodstreams, but were acquitted by WADA after they claimed the clenbuterol came from contaminated food. FIFA has also claimed 109 players from multiple countries who were participating in the Under-17 World Cup in Mexico tested positive for this drug. However, FIFA and the World Anti-Doping Agency declined to prosecute any cases because the weight of evidence pointed to contamination from Mexican meat.[19][20]

In 2013, Mexican boxer Erik Morales was suspended for two years after testing positive for clenbuterol.[21]

In 2014, Toronto Maple Leafs Forward Carter Ashton was suspended from the NHL for 20 games without pay for violating the NHL/NHL Players' Association Performance Enhancing Substances Program after it was determined that he had ingested Clenbuterol. Carter claimed he used an unprescribed asthma inhaler.[22]

In 2014, South Korean swimmer Kim Ji-heun has tested positive for clenbuterol at an out-of-competition test on May 13, 2014. After completion of proceedings by the Korea Anti-Doping Disciplinary Panel, Kim received a two-year suspension, back-dated to the day of his positive test.[23]

In 2014, Czech body builder Petr Soukup received a lifetime ban after a positive test for clenbuterol, metenolon, mesterolon, methamphetamine, oxandrolon, stanozolol, nandrolon, fluoxymesterone, DHCMtestosterone and metandienon.[24]

In 2015, Yankees minor league pitching prospect Moises Cedeno tested positive for clenbuterol and was suspended for 72 games.[25]

In 2015, two players from the Collingwood Football Club in Australia were delisted from the club and accepted 2-year bans from all sport in Australia after testing positive to the substance, which they believe may have been in a contaminated illicit drug they consumed.[26][27]

In 2016, Australian heavyweight boxing champion Lucas Browne tested positive for clenbuterol.[28][29]

In 2016, Raul A. Mondesi tested positive for clenbuterol and was suspended 50 games from the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. MLB and the MLBPA agreed to reduce the suspension from 80 games to 50 games after Mondesi claimed it was found in cold medicine.[30]

In 2016, the California State Athletic Commission decided to issue Francisco Vargas a temporary boxing license on a probationary basis after he tested positive for clenbuterol.[31]

And a performance enhancing drug widely used by athletes. Man, if only these athletes knew what The Kuna already knew - drink your cocoa! lol

Anyway, looks like those two disorders are associated with amyloid deposits in the heart (cancer symptom) and fluid pushing on the heart (Mulitiple causes).

I've been wondering about this growth in my lower left abdomen. I can't really tell what it is, but it almost looks like it's part of this giant tumor pervading my lower left abdomen. And, now that I think of it, I have felt strange sensations in that part of my body though I commonly attributed it to "back nerve irritation". Anyway, cancer doesn't seem exceedingly likely, but it's a suspect.

And, it's looking like machetes are effective self-defense against dogs. Remove the teeth, remove the threat. Numerous reports of dogs getting killed by 'em.

dogsuey.jpg

Wondering about peremethrin consumption.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2679602/

We found no associations between permethrin and all malignant neoplasms combined, or between permethrin and melanoma, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, leukemia, or cancers of the colon, rectum, lung, or prostate. We found elevated and statistically significant risks for multiple myeloma in the highest tertiles of both lifetime exposure-days (RR = 5.72; 95% CI, 2.76–11.87) and intensity-weighted lifetime exposure-days (RR = 5.01; 95% CI, 2.41–10.42), compared with applicators reporting they never used permethrin

A confidence interval from 2.41 min - 2.5 min, with 5 likely; that's pretty significant. That's a 150% increased risk, minimum, 400% likely, of multiple myeloma.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/multiple-myeloma/about/what-is-multiple-myeloma.html

Multiple myeloma is a cancer formed by malignant plasma cells. Normal plasma cells are found in the bone marrow and are an important part of the immune system.

Bone marrow cancer. Interesting. Pericardial effusion as caused by fluid pressure against the heart had one possible cause (of many) of Bone Marrow cancer. And, I've been eating canned spinach which is apparently high in peremethrin for the last 4 months or so. Well, isn't that a coincidence. I would think 4 months is too short of exposure time for symptomatic bone marrow cancer to show symptoms, but... most people don't have an ECG, so they wouldn't likely notice symptoms for some time more. Anyway... will I discontinue the canned spinach... Not getting my leafy greens in just sounds like a bad idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_myeloma

Multiple myeloma, also known as plasma cell myeloma, is a cancer of plasma cells, a type of white blood cell normally responsible for producing antibodies.[1] Initially, often no symptoms are noticed. When advanced, bone pain, bleeding, frequent infections, and anemia may occur.[2] Complications may include amyloidosis.[3]

Oh, maybe it was amylodosis I was thinking of. Cardiac amyldosis was identified in the first study.

Oh, pain in the lower left abdomen. Yes, that's what the multiple myeloma article is calling "radicular pain". It seems that particular nerve is probably triggered when I stand up from a certain sitting position, as I get strange prickly sensations in center right stomach area that feels like it's piercing the entire depth of the abdomen for some 10-30 seconds, but it usually goes away as I start walk.

https://www.thedodo.com/duke-dog-machete-costa-rica-1943506764.html

The circumstances of the attack remain unclear — like countless others in the country, Duke was a street dog. A person has been identified as the attacker, but charges are unlikely due to insufficient evidence.

Well, if Costa Rican street dogs are like these street dogs (They block all my escapes), they have "territory" that extends some 100-200 feet away from the actual property and if that territory happens to be a public road, oh well; dogs don't discriminate. Likely this guy was walking down the road and this dog challenged him.

Anyway, looking back at the myeloma risk ratio, a 5x increase in risk isn't insiginificant; lifetime risk for the cancer is .7%, so an RR of 5 would increase it to 3.5%. So, persistent ingestion of peremethrin would likely have a significant affect, possibly even more significant since it's going directly in the body instead of being exposed to the skin.

If I got cancer from eating canned spinach for 4 months, that would kind of suck, but not entirely unbelievable. It's just one of those "dang, I knew I should've known I shouldn't have done it", but didn't think that it'd be that risky. Like, jeez, you think pesticides would be more regulated than that, but I guess it's not really that surprising given the nature of the USA.

https://books.google.com/books?id=zyGZ8YgY1gEC&pg=PA17&lpg=PA17&dq=permethrin+spinach&source=bl&ots=DE6FeVtTQA&sig=0jhvDNVcdvsvVVutiDBjVI5lxIk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiDmJqf8JLTAhWE6CYKHRq_DF4Q6AEINjAF#v=onepage&q=permethrin%20spinach&f=false
Peremthrin was detected in... 79% of canned spinach

Anyway, MM is one bad cancer because it can't be cured currently; it's either rapidly fatal or slowly fatal, but within-a-decade fatality rate of like 100%.

And, you can definitely taste something weird on the canned spinach as compared to organic spinach.

http://www.pickyourown.org/canninggreens.htm

Cool, looks like I could buy the organic spinach and can it myself. This technique would also be useful come the less productive winter months for my own crops.
http://file.scirp.org/pdf/IJCM_2014080613462265.pdf

A 27 year old diagnosed with MM

A 27-year-old man presented 4 months history of an inflammatory pain of cervical spine with radicular pain and later, weakness of both humerus and tibia. The man presented also, vomiting and significant asthenia. Clinical examination showed a young man in fair general health

Oh, isn't that interesting. Yeah, I seem to have that, simultaneous cervical and radicular pain. I thought it was purely a cervical issue, like a neck bone pinching a nerve. (Especially since a particular neck direction seems to evoke it.) If I start getting weakness in the leg bones, I'll know what to suspect.

Asthenia, or pervasive weakness, I wonder if that corresponds to the "small QRS complex" I noticed?

Growing Spinach In Houston

http://urbanharvest.org/documents/118591/149202/V+spinach+in+the+houston+area.pdf/345fc617-06ed-4011-87c4-02866db30238

Growing Spinach in the Houston Area
Ray Sher
Summer 2003

I always thought the only kind of spinach that we could easily grow in the Houston metro area was
Malabar vine spinach, which does quite well and produces an abundance of thick shiny leaves. It can
be eaten fresh in salads when small or steamed or sautéed when the leaves are larger. After talking
with a people who were having success growing standard rosette spinach, I decided to test a few.

I purchased seed for eight varieties, and decided to plant the seed at different times during the
month of September to test germination. I got good germination throughout the entire planting
period. The only problem was a cat that kept digging up the young plants. All varieties that I tested
produced good tasting productive plants, and I recommend them.

I harvested by taking a few of the outer leaves at a time, and this resulted in continued production of
more leaves. By planting several varieties with different maturity and bolt resistance, I was able to
harvest spinach all winter and into the late spring. All the plants were hybrid with the exception of
Steadfast and Bloomsdale, which were open pollinated. And to my surprise, when grown in raised
beds, the leaves were not dirty as they often are in grocery stores. Here is what I found.

Bloomsdale, from Territorial Seed, matured in 50 days. The plants produced thick, succulent, darkgreen,
savored leaves that were very sweet. It is not as bolt resistant as other varieties.
Hector matured in 37 days. It is a small plant with very tender tasting dark green leaves and a
deliciously mild flavor. Get it from Johnny’s Selected Seeds.

Olympia, from Territorial Seed, matured in 45 days. It was productive, smooth leaved spinach. The
dark green leaves were about 6” to 8” long, pointed, and on long stems producing a 10” to 12” tall
rosette. I got abundant production on this slow to bolt plant. It has very good eating quality.

Oriental Giant matured in 40 days. The very large upright plant of 10” long arrow-shaped smooth
leaves produced large quantities of very good tasting spinach. Get it from Territorial Seed.

Space matured in 39 days. It produced quantities of large, slightly crinkled deep-green leaves with
an upright growth. Get it from Johnny’s Selected Seeds.

Spinner matured in 38 days. This upright small plant of triangular, crinkled flavorful leaves produces
high yields. Get it from Johnny’s Selected Seeds.

Steadfast matured in 50 days. It was not as productive as some of the others, but was very bolt
resistant and has excellent taste. It is a small plant, with beautiful, smooth, dark green leaves. Get it
from Territorial Seed.

Tyee matured in 42 days. There is a vigorous growth of savored leaves with an upright growth
pattern, and it was very slow to bolt. Get it from Johnny’s Selected Seeds.

He chose September to start it, that is indeed not the middle of summer or spring time. Ideally I'd have greens growing almost all year long.

Okay, got myself the pressure canner and equipment. Now I just need to figure out the blanching step and pick up some jars from wally world.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E6583Q2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah, that's what I'm looking for.

mosqnet.jpg

To create a "flying insect free" area large enough to put a recliner in for sunbathing, and to have some outdoor working area for things like my bike, wheel or whatever. This looks like it'd fit the bill. The mosquitos and jurassic aggressive wasps here are so disinclining to doing anything "stayish in one placeish" activities outside.

Okay, I've ran out of water completely. The only source of hydration I have currently is wine and these apples I just picked up, lol. I also have the water they add to canned foods, but much of it has a salt in it, so that's a limited practical water supply. I intend on my making my next trip sometime around 5 p.m.; morning time would've been ideal (Temperatures are cool enough where the morning sun isn't a bother), but I didn't really want to pedal another 5 mile trek /right/ afterwards. I would've picked up water had I remembered, but likely wouldn't have mattered much; Didn't really have any more cargo capacity for more than a bottle, lol (I was picking up a huge box from the post office and carrying apples.).

Anyway, I found these dogs will keep their distance when you're on foot. That's pretty interesting. They certainly don't keep their distance when you're driving.

Anyway, the rear wheel mount is now jacked up high enough to easily mount an inflated wheel right away. I tried fitting my trailer wheel to it since it had the same rim size (Slightly larger tire diameter, but I figured my rear differential would take care of that), but it turns out the 5-point bolt pattern is a little tighter on the trailer wheel, so it wouldn't fit the bolts. I was hoping to get some motorization right away so I can pick up some large quantitites of relatively affordable water. It's one thing my van is good at that my recumbent isn't; carrying large loads.

Not working today since today is going to be too discontinuous.

11:30 p.m. was hectic last night. There was lots of gunfire, seemingly down the main road, and somewhere in the forest nearish by. I could hear nearby crinkling in the forest from my RV, which I've never heard before inside my RV (I occasionally hear crinkling in the forest when I'm outside walking, almost always squirrels.), making me think there was a person nearby.

The only notable event that occurred yesterday is that the grandpa was driving by my RV, and he might have hit/grazed the small tree stump, and he was checking out the nearby property that was recently cleared. I don't know what the grandpa reported back, if anything, that sent what seems to be midnight assassins my way (I'm not really convinced, but yeah... noises I've never heard before immediately following lots of gunfire makes me think something's not right tonight.), but yeah, anyway.

It seems there's, at this residence, a grandpa, three adult males and three adult females, and many children (I've seen 8 so far). One adult male looks pretty muscular and he's usually seen carrying a machete/rifle when he's walking around the block, so I'm inclined to think he's the aggressor I'm suspecting i hear many a night, like last night. If he eats that steroided up chicken/beef/whatever, I don't doubt that might fuel his aggression.

https://www.google.com/search?q=midnight+assassins&oq=midnight+assassins&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And, it appears that "midnight assassin" is a real thing. I'm guessing that's what underlied The Ninja.

I wonder what they have for 223 high capacity carbines. I know AR15 is a popular platform, but it seems that mossberg has cheaper semis available, but I don't know if they're carbines and I don't really know the difference between the cheaper 223 and the AR15; I get the impression the AR15 can fire "high energy" rounds, but I'm not really sure if that's something the cheaper 223s can't do? I don't really think I need high energy round capabilities for my application, especially if it's a $300+ option. You don't need high energy rounds if you're not shooting through walls/doors, right?

Update: just sitting in the van munching on some coconut shreddings and an apple, and this young female adult walks by with their 3 children and another female adult is soon following them. Talked to one of them, apparently just bought the property down the way. Oh cool, wonder what they have in mind? Anyway, that's a pretty good sign along with the property getting cleared nearby, that people are moving into the neighborhood. Meaning, my investment could be paying off if I'm alive long enough to realize it, lol. (It could also mean longterm difficulties for my particular application, but it is intended to be temporary.)

And, anyway, seems like this geraniol based bug spray (Deet free) is pretty effective. Looked up the research, 97% repellent rate, that's pretty good. Didn't really notice any mosquitos hovering around me after applying it (Whereas before, there they'd be.).

Oh cool, seems that a key feature is that it can take the lower energy 22 LR rounds and the High Energy 5.56 NATO rounds, must be what makes it special. Affordable plinking, serious protection when need be. Cool beans.

I'm thinking about getting some 20-round carbine LR 22 and running some CCI velociraptors through it. Seems that it's a high velocity/mass/momentum 22 round. I don't plan on regularly running velociraptors through it (I don't plan on regularly using it, other than for practice.), but I'm pretty sure it'll be my standby clip in this area.

No, they don't work like that. If you want to shoot .22LR using a 5.56x45 AR-15, you need an AR-15 .22LR conversion kit. The two cartridges have very different dimensions.

There are not low- and higher-power options in 5.56x45. Practically you'd buy and shoot M193 ball ammo, because it's cheaper, or M855. The M855, which you really don't need, is a bit heavier and has a steel penetrator insert.

mark5 said:
No, they don't work like that. If you want to shoot .22LR using a 5.56x45 AR-15, you need an AR-15 .22LR conversion kit. The two cartridges have very different dimensions.

There are not low- and higher-power options in 5.56x45. Practically you'd buy and shoot M193 ball ammo, because it's cheaper, or M855. The M855, which you really don't need, is a bit heavier and has a steel penetrator insert.

That makes sense, but I was referring specifically to the "Ruger Ranch rifle Mini-14 in .223". It's advertised as being capable of shooting both the .22LR and NATO 5.56 (But, maybe it does need a kit to change between the two).

Anyway, coconut shreddings pared with yellow apples is simply delicious. It takes on the taste and texture of an apple pie. I think the fact that coconut flour exists (So, hypothetically, it acts as a flour substitute and unlike flour, it also contains fat already in a 1:1 carb/fat ratio, so coconut is like flour and butter all in one.) might have something to do with it. So coconut + apple = flour + butter + apple

Anyway, picked up 12L of water. And, encountered a few more dogs this time; they got a bit closer on the way back, after my body was exhausted/weakened from all the effort. I think they started sensing I was becoming easy pickings, lol, so they got closer, lol.

I was thinking about getting an opening cleared in the very back of the yard and build a shed back there and then sleep there instead. It would be absolutely hidden. The RV on the side of the road directly in front of my property would be a work-area/storage-area and decoy. So that if someone ever got aggressive with the RV at night, I could rig it so that it'd give me good warning (Blare off a siren, etc.).

But, at sound as that idea is, I didn't really feel like hiding. I feel more like confronting the aggressor from where I am (I feel better about that option), even though the fact I'm currently underarmed makes that seem like a bad idea. I'm just hoping I won't actually have to do something like that until after I get my van running and get an opportunity to become armed.

colt_umarex_22lr_m4_carbine_3.jpg

If you really want to feel like a bad ass shooting .22LR from an assault rifle, there are plenty made for the job without modifications.

But you know, these pump action .177 pellet guns can shatter a 2x4 if you stoke it enough. As long as there aren't all THAT many crazed dope fiends attacking like the walking dead you might be able to fend them off. Or maybe it'll just be cheap target practice.

https://www.amazon.com/Crosman-Pneumatic-Pump-Rifle-Caliber/dp/B01GNRP1CU

I don't know what the grandpa reported back, if anything, that sent what seems to be midnight assassins my way (I'm not really convinced, but yeah... noises I've never heard before immediately following lots of gunfire makes me think something's not right tonight.), but yeah, anyway. . . Talked to one of them, apparently just bought the property down the way. Oh cool, wonder what they have in mind?

Fashion_Nova_08-26_464_grande.JPG

So you think this family could be the Midnight Assassins? She wouldn't have happened to be wearing Midnight Assassin Jeans, would she? (Yes, there is such a thing.)

86038cfcb5cf7de68984dabb34674334.jpg

Have you considered writing a novel about all this? You need a love interest in the book just like you need one in real life, but since this one will be just as imaginary as the other you get to cast, oh, that 'Wonder Woman' Gail Gadot or whomever. And you can cast her as full fledged Femme Fatale or just a damsel in distress. Your story, your call.

10906200_724539560977493_3037189870506853998_n.jpg

Just a thought, but use live trees as poles as is, and guy them using other adjacent trees for more sterngth.

clear selectively to let sun in.

run dual steel cable or chain about a panel width apart, & it will sag to a parabolic shape. Panels are connected to each cable each side.

by further lateral pullied cables, the whole parabola can be swung a bit to better catch the angled suns rays. If keen, the parabola could be pullied also, allowing adjustment on 2 axes.

panels would be well cooled btw, an important factor in their effective power output.

U could well be pissing into the wind tho if u are above ~40 deg. lattitude - little daily energy to harvest from sunlight.

wind sounds better, using a raised water tank, and hydro as a battery.

here in ~sunny sydney (~34 lat (expect 1 kwh pd from a 250w panel i hear - ie, ~= 4 hours of its rated full power PD)), i have seriously considered floating panels (maybe slightly angled) on rafts in my unused pool, and towing them from spot to spot to catch the days sun optimally. NB, water surfaces act as a great mirror/solar concentrator.

there are motors (forget name) which cater to precise positioning, to pullies could be automated for optimal positioning.

Guns and mentally unstable people can cause problems.

Example of poor use of weapons......

2 days ago. 2 lane road. I feel the need to change lanes. Right lane to left lane. Traffic moving very slowly. I signal and start moving to left lane. Driver behind me comes next to me and stops. I also stop. Road rage idiot rolls down her passenger window. I lower my window. Road rage idiot yells that I should drive my car into her car. I try to explain that I am trying to move into the left lane. Road rage idiot points a spray mace? pepper spray? at me. Not sure why but I yell "Don't kill me." End of argument. She drives off. I continue changing lanes and follow road rage idiot and honk for a few hundred feet.

Believe it or not, but I already have a weapon and *gasp* ... I've never used it defensively nor offensively. In fact, unlike my neighbors, I've never shot it off period. So, regardless if you're implying my mental status or not, I'm not really concerned with inappropriate use of firearms since I'm very hesitant to use them to begin with. In your example, it seems like a better idea to be more concerned about belligerents and firearms. (And, yes, financial instability tends to mean belligerency in a lot of people. No bread = angry mob and revolution.)

And the two adult females walking by, yeah, pretty foxy ladies. Not really the culture I'd prefer, but at least they were legal, at least their accents and use of English didn't suggest illegality. (Dreamer status is possible)

And the 10 miles of recumbent riding yesterday... yep... think that overdid it.

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2012/06/01/long-cardio-workout-dangers.aspx

Feeling sickly this morning, and been getting quickly and suddenly 'lightheaded' or 'abnormally high heat/headpressure sensation' on a triggering thought/emotion. My appetite has been unusually supressed and something doesn't seem right today.

marty said:
Road rage idiot points a spray mace? pepper spray? at me. Not sure why. . . .

For the sheer excitement. Drug user, etc., doesn't have to be high that moment. Got a celphone? Call it in with the plate. Sooner or later she sprays someone, they have it on record she's a crazy. She might even come after you again, good to have it on record when she's trying to accuse you.

When she stops, assuming the other traffic was still going, punch it and move in front of her.

Dauntless said:
marty said:
Road rage idiot points a spray mace? pepper spray? at me. Not sure why. . . .

For the sheer excitement. Drug user, etc., doesn't have to be high that moment.

Uh, huh. I don't think she was getting a trip from this interaction, she was clearly angry and threatening to use a weapon out of anger and she was probably very irritable beforehand for other reasons (She might just be an irritable person, but I suspect she might be destitute. Buffalo, NY and all.).

And, I hate to point out the obvious here... but people generally hate getting cut off.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cut%20off

when someone suddenly drives in front of u by changing lanes, endangering ur life and the lives of ppl around u.

1) kill the mutha fucka b4 he kills someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back