QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

QS Motor Carnival on March Discount 40% off for QSKLS7230S and QSKLS96501-8080I Controller

Good News!
We will have a great discount on March shopping fair (2017.3.13-3.24). Just place the order from alibaba, purchse the “Controller QSKLS7230S”,
“QSKLS96501-8080I”, “17X3.0inch 17X4.0inch Aluminum Wheel Rim”, “QS Quanshun QSMOTOR Luminous Short Sleeve T-Shirt”, we will give the discount 10%-40% off.
Take time while time is, for lost no longer!

HTB1K7u2PVXXXXcoXFXXq6xXFXXXp.jpg

SPEC QSKLS7230S:
•Controller supply voltage range: PWR, 18V to 90V for controllers rated equal or lower than 72V.
•Supply Current, PWR, 30mA Typical.
•Configurable battery voltage range, B+. Max operating range: 18V to 1.25*Nominal Voltage.
•Motor Current Limit, 20 seconds boost: 300A ,depending on the model.
•Motor Current Limit, continuous: 120A ,depending on the model.
•Max Battery Current :Configurable.
•Match with 3000W electric hub motor
•Quotation: It's USD167.0/piece 100.2/piece
•Purchase Link:
http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Kelly-QSKLS7230S-24V-72V-300A-60V_60588830695.html?spm=a2700.8304367.0.0.HxApjF

SPEC QSKLS96501-8080I
•Controller supply voltage range: PWR, 18V to 90V for controllers rated equal or lower than 72V.
•Supply Current, PWR, 30mA Typical.
•Configurable battery voltage range, B+. Max operating range: 18V to 1.25*Nominal Voltage.
•Motor Current Limit, 10 seconds boost: 500A ,depending on the model.
•Motor Current Limit, continuous: 200A ,depending on the model.
•Max Battery Current :Configurable.
•Match with 6000W-8000W electric hub motor
•Quotation: It's USD594.0/piece 356.4/piece
•Purchase Link:
http://wholesaler.alibaba.com/product-detail/Kelly-QSKLS96501-8080I-24V-96V-500A_60588957775.html?spm=0.0.0.0.JOpq91

Recieved my new motor. Looks great, built well as i expect from the QS team. Cant wait to see it in action :D

Attachments

• IMG_2656.JPG
    IMG_2656.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 5,221
A few questions for QS Motor...

I have a scooter with an older model 13-inch QS motor used in a Current Motor Company maxi-type scooter which was assembled at their facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA. Current Motor is now out of business and I am unable to contact their former engineers/managers of the company. The motor is an older QC model with "Super Power Motor - 72V- 4500 watt" on the case. The motor has performed well for 6 years, even though it is run at considerably higher than 4500 watts (6000-7000 watts - via a Kelly KBL controller) for extended time periods such as climbing long hills at 70-80 kph.

Unfortunately, I hit a rock in the road and damaged the rim - I heated and straightened the bent wheel flange, but now there is not a fine crack (with air leakage) about 8 cm long where the flange joins the valley of the rim. Here are the questions:

1. It appears that the tire rim cannot be removed and replaced separate from the motor case. Is this correct?

2. If correct, why would QS design the scooter hub motors this way? One is always a pothole or other road hazard from a very expensive ($650 or more) motor replacement. I was lucky such an accident didn't happen sooner!

3. Can a repair be attempted? Will the heat of MIG welding to repair the crack in the rim damage the magnets or make them come unattached?

4. Can some kind of return and replacement of rim be arranged? The motor is still in perfect condition aside from the wheel rim.

5. Alternatively, can you sell me only a new wheel rim-outer case-magnets-asembly? I assume some careful press work is required push the stator assembly/bearing/left outer cover out of the case due to the strong magnetic force...

Thanks,

Paul Donahue
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

markz,

The wheel is integral with the motor - so a welding repair is likely to damage the expensive motor. My point was that the the wheel rim needs to be detachable from the motor for repair or replacement - like any other kind of vehicle.

The hub motor/wheel assembly cannot be attached to any kind of trueing rig that a car wheel, or motorcycle wheel shop would have - it is highly unlikely that any kind of auto wheel or motorcycle shop has ever seen anything like a electric scooter hub motor.

I'm hoping that Quansgun (QS Motor) will notice my post and provide some answers.

I know on their newer motors you can replace the rotor seperately, i had a 205 that i had to replace the rim on because i dropped the motor when fitting a new wheel. They send you a new rotor, you undo the bolts that hold the side plates on press out the rotor (some clamps and wood is all that is nessecary), carefully put the new rotor and rim on then bolt it all back together. It was quite cheap IIRC, for a 205v3 it was only $150

My motor is essentially the same as the one below except for being a V2 with the greater number of poles. This would be the one I would have to get if I have to replace the whole thing as the V3 is not much more expensive. $681 with shipping.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Designed-6000W-13inch-Hub-Motor/109978_1746328219.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.xzFOq1

The rim is not removable from the outer case/magnet assembly. I assume the magnets are bonded to the case with some kind of glue that may not like a lot of heat.

And sometime over the next year, I'd like to buy a new battery pack - 24 GBS 60AH cells - about $2400 with shipping, so I can keep the scooter running to, and past 10 years of age... but that going off-topic.

And the even bigger problem is that having started messing with street-legal electric motor scooters back in 2005, I never imagined that in 2017, full performance, street legal electric scooters would be virtually unavailable to the US consumer - every manufacturer that has tried has failed. The situation now is even worse than 6-8 years ago.

bamitsram said:
I know on their newer motors you can replace the rotor seperately, i had a 205 that i had to replace the rim on because i dropped the motor when fitting a new wheel. They send you a new rotor, you undo the bolts that hold the side plates on press out the rotor (some clamps and wood is all that is nessecary), carefully put the new rotor and rim on then bolt it all back together. It was quite cheap IIRC, for a 205v3 it was only $150

What is this IIRC?

PJD said:
And the even bigger problem is that having started messing with street-legal electric motor scooters back in 2005, I never imagined that in 2017, full performance, street legal electric scooters would be virtually unavailable to the US consumer - every manufacturer that has tried has failed. The situation now is even worse than 6-8 years ago.

What about them?
http://zelectricvehicle.com/index.html

Maybe JB Weld or 3M dp 420 could fix your crack in the rim.

PJD said:
but now there is not a fine crack (with air leakage) about 8 cm long where the flange joins the valley of the rim
If your wheel is still mechanically fine and only air loosing is your concern, you could use Stan's NoTubes latex sealant or just use tube inside that tire. Can you post a picture of this crack?

bigbore and parabelluim,

The crack is too thin to photograph I would have probably needed dye penetrant testing if I didn't know right were to look. but no doubt widens under the air pressure load.

Obviously, a crack in a car or motorcycle wheel is potentially dangerous structural defect, the fact that the crack also lets air out is secondary to this. So your proposed solution would not work (because cracks propagate) and would be dangerous because you want the tire to go flat as an indication of a propagating crack rather than a continuation to catastrophic failure of the wheel.

So only a structural repair (good quality welding) will fix it.

Still no reply from QS Motor...

What about them?
http://zelectricvehicle.com/index.html

Yes; the owner and the place where ZEV's are assembled are near where I live. Maybe the quality has improved but when I test rode a couple of their models in 2011 I was not too impressed. Even if the quality has improved, they still don't have two features that are essential for any kind of consumer-ready EV - on board charging a standard SAE J1772 EV charging socket, or the ability to rig one on the scooter for charging at electric car charging stations, and a reliable state-of-charge indicator.

The owner of the company did not come across as a trustworthy person (similar to our current president), you can Google his name for more information.

Quokka said:
Merlin said:
..but....

the spokes are silver......you have a black monster :D
There is a new carbon monster coming to life in the garage 8)
blatant ot, but iv managed to stuff 22s18p30Q(54ah) into my nyx, 12v120wdc/dc, coil, just to shave down the bms now so it will fit :lol: was touch n go.

is that qs205 for your nyx?[edit] really dumb question, i just saw the swingarm there...

ridethelightning said:
Quokka said:
Merlin said:
..but....

the spokes are silver......you have a black monster :D
There is a new carbon monster coming to life in the garage 8)
blatant ot, but iv managed to stuff 22s18p30Q(54ah) into my nyx, 12v120wdc/dc, coil, just to shave down the bms now so it will fit :lol: was touch n go.

is that qs205 for your nyx?[edit] really dumb question, i just saw the swingarm there...

It is indeed RTL. Just finished it off 2 days ago. And then had to pull it all apart to put it in my shipping container. :oops:
I am really pleased with how it turned out. Will post some pics in around 6-8 weeks for you. I was lucky and scored an 18 kw adaptto from the latest batch to pair the qs 205 to. I was seriously looking at the QS273, but the 205 with hubsinks and ferrofluid is a very potent combo. Still have a few tweaks with the battery but its pretty similar to yours i think, split over 3 huge battery bricks. There is room for a 4th brick of 18p or i might be able to glue it onto the middle brick ( battery still hasnt had its first charge and have spare 30qs)

Question: With what torque on the axel would you screw on a nut on a QS 205 V3? I have got now such special tools with I can measure the torque of it..

DasDouble said:
Question: With what torque on the axel would you screw on a nut on a QS 205 V3? I have got now such special tools with I can measure the torque of it..

My nuts are tightened at 52Nm

Anybody with QS205 V3 and Adaptto noticed the same stuff I wrote here?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87712#p1285153

bigbore said:
DasDouble said:

My nuts are tightened at 52Nm

Anybody with QS205 V3 and Adaptto noticed the same stuff I wrote here?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=87712#p1285153

Thank you for sharing.
We suggest 43N.m for 10mm flat.

Best Regards

Hello,

looking for a Gemany Dealer!

for:
-1pcs. QS Motor 205 50mm V3 205 Electric Bike Spoke Hub Motor with 3T45

-please send helping hand!

Check with ES member Artur,(vectorebike.com) I think he stocks 205's.

If not you can trust Vito from QS motor. They are great and pleasant to deal with.

macribs said:
Check with ES member Artur,(vectorebike.com) I think he stocks 205's.

If not you can trust Vito from QS motor. They are great and pleasant to deal with.
Thank you!
Below is Artur's contact method,
· Polywarm Deutschland GmbH, VECTOR
Web: http://www.vectorebike.com/
Add: Germany,80798 Munich,Zieblandstr 35, Polywarm GMBH
Phone: +49 157 56507678
E-mail: info@vectorebike.com

The first batch of our QS MOTOR 205 1000W 35H V1 135 dropout e-bike spoke motor has produced already now.

Good news!

After several months developing, the new mold is finally completed. Also, we will finish the first batch of 50units QS MOTOR 205 1000W 35H V1 135 dropout e-bike spoke motors at the middle of June, 2017. They’re available for everyone now. : )

QSMOTOR specification:
Motor Type: BLDC Permanent Magnet Outer Rotor In-Wheel Hub Motor With Hall Sensor
Brand: QS Motor, QSMOTOR
Motor Design: Double axle without rim (not integrated), 36 spoke holes, OD 3.4mm 
Matching Rim size: 24inch, 26inch E-Bike Wheel, 17inch, 18inch, 19inch moped wheel.
Magnet Height: 35mm, 23 pole pairs
Stator: Steel Core
Rated Power: 1000W (2000W peak in few seconds) 
Rated Voltage: 60V as default (48V-96V, optional)
Speed: 45KPH as default (24-120KPH, optional) 
kV: 7.3/8.5(Only 8.5 is available now)/9.2/10.4/11.9/12.9/18.8
Max Torque: approx 100N.m
Max Efficiency: above 87.3%
Continuous Battery Current: 20.8A (60V)
Peak Battery Current: 41.5A (60V)
Suggest Peak Phase Current: 89-112A (depend on the kV)
Thermic Probe: KTY83/122 (as default, optional)
Working Temperature: 70-120℃ , peak 150 ℃ 
Brake type: Disc Brake, PCD6*44mm for bicycle
Drop-outs/Rear Fork Width for installation: 135mm(Option 110mm, for front fork width, no freewheel)
37.5mm English thread length for 7 speed freewheel
10mm axle flats
One Hall Set with waterproof connectors
3mm² Cross Section of Phase Wire (not include insulation layer)
Hall Sensor Phasing angle: 120 degree
Waterproof Grade: IP54
Color: Black (as default)
N.W./G.W.: 8.15kg/9.5kg  
Package Dimension: 34cm*34cm*33cm/piece

Advantage:
1. Add Thermic Probe to protect motor from overheating.
2. 0.35 laminations for better efficiency (instead of 0.5mm).
3. Improve painting quality to avoid scratch.
4. Change new security Torx screw, for CE certification (not cut someone when touch it).
5. Optimizing structural design

Price:
Here is quotation of the 135mm 35H V1 motor firstly.
1-2pcs: USD 95.0 off line (not include Paypal cost)
10-19pcs: USD 88.0
50-99pcs: USD 82.0
Payment term: Wire Transfer/TT, Money Gram,Western Union, Paypal 100% in advance 
Generally, we prefer T/T, Money Gram,Western Union 100% in advance (for sample).
Meanwhile, we could also accept Paypal.
There will be extra cost for transaction fee: Total cost*4.4%+0.3 Withdraw fee: USD 35.0 (We could bear USD 35.0). For over USD 700.0, we prefer TT.

Picture:
1.jpg
2.jpg
Drawing:
3.jpg
3D drawing is available now:
4.jpg
Test report:
5.jpg
Appication:
6.jpg

PS. For delivery cost, please contact with us if it's not reasonable.
We will modify it after place the order on-line (before payment).
When place the order online, please leave the message about the KV and your E-mail address. (For how to choose the KV, please feel free to contact with us. E-mail used for details confirm)

If any questions, Pls. feel free to leave your messages to us.

Thank you!

QSMOTOR said:
The first batch of our QS MOTOR 205 1000W 35H V1 135 dropout e-bike spoke motor has produced already now.

Good news!

After several months developing, the new mold is finally completed. Also, we will finish the first batch of 50units QS MOTOR 205 1000W 35H V1 135 dropout e-bike spoke motors at the middle of June, 2017. They’re available for everyone now. : )

after reading "several month of developing" i really thought it will have at least one outstanding feature (lower weight, or better efficiency), but what is this?? :lol:
the only good thing is the price, but i think it won't sell well here in the sphere as there are better alternatives in this powerclass :p

Back