My Chinese Ebay Build

kneedeep said:
So the 19" is on its way has been shipped. I have talked to the seller an at a discounted price I might just keep the 17" for some future project. The shock I ordered was to long so I made a ride height adjuster and this will help once the 19" is on the back. should have more pictures this weekend. Also have the mounts for the headlight installed and to make a bracket to tie it all together. Getting much closer.
Looks like the 19" has not been shipped emailed Tuesday for a tracking # he said would get back to me tomorrow( Wednesday ) today Friday still no word. I originally ordered march 1st.

New wheel arrived 19" front moto with 20mm through axle. Aesthetics are great but the spokes are too long at some points. Every 4th spoke has up to 4mm hangout. so I will have to knock the hangout off each one with a dremmel tool. Offset looks perfect wheel is true. I will assemble on the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_5070.JPG
    IMG_5070.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 5,232
Front lights mock up. I decided to turn the mounts in for cleaner look. I like it. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• IMG_5075.JPG
    IMG_5075.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 5,224
  • IMG_5076.JPG
    IMG_5076.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 5,224
  • IMG_5078.JPG
    IMG_5078.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 5,224
joe81 said:
very curious how that frame performs off road. considering it myself.
I honestly have no idea I have never even road a bike with this style fork yet. This bike will not see to much off road or anything hard core.

kneedeep said:
joe81 said:
very curious how that frame performs off road. considering it myself.
I honestly have no idea I have never even road a bike with this style fork yet. This bike will not see to much off road or anything hard core.
Sorry for some reason I read fork. The frame looks solid as far as construction, it is heavy. The paint on my frame looks to be just powder coat and not too durable it chips easy, I foresee lots of delamination. Next winter after first season I will epoxy prime and paint.

Headlight mount painted and installed. It has a slight twist in it you will see, it will be half that after mounted but slightly toward ditch so will not blind cars or other bikes while on the road. Aluminium yard stick is great cheap material to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_5083.JPG
    IMG_5083.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 5,197
Battery has arrived. Dimensions are much bigger than described might be able to make it work. We are in deliberations of what is going to happen. :cry:

I have a Chinese frame that is almost the same even the color , the only difference i see is my key is on the side and not the top. I got it on sale for 375 shipped with a burner rcp3 shock .
Can you tell me what adapter you need to mount the rear disk brake caliper to the frame ? This is pretty much all i need to be able to finish my test build .

kneedeep said:
Battery has arrived. Dimensions are much bigger than described might be able to make it work. We are in deliberations of what is going to happen. :cry:
Ended up with partial refund and will reconfigure the battery slightly (move BMS and package different) have to test a couple cells as voltage is not correct (54V) will test BMS and replace if needed. I have a few better BMS on hand if needed.

so tis is what I found in the pack 4p16s so my math says its a 20AH not a 25AH so out of 5 AH right off the bat. will test each set of cells tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_5089.JPG
    IMG_5089.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 5,115
kneedeep said:
so tis is what I found in the pack 4p16s so my math says its a 20AH not a 25AH so out of 5 AH right off the bat. will test each set of cells tomorrow.
Why did you decided for LiFePO4 cells?
Can you see any inscription on the cells metal body, underneath shrink wrap?

parabellum said:
kneedeep said:
Why did you decided for LiFePO4 cells?
Can you see any inscription on the cells metal body, underneath shrink wrap?
I have only known LiFePO4 in the past and am only still learning about other cells.

I think 18650 are the a favorite. They're lighter etc.

There's probably some way to work this out with a formula, but I was thinking the other day. Comparing the Ah cost between lifepo4 and 18650 li-ion.
If you charged 18650 pack to 80% or 4v per cell instead of 4.2v I think you'd get nearly the same, or more charge cycles than lifepo4?
Then all you'd have to do is build a pack 20% more cells than you need, then always charge to 80%. Surely that would still be cheaper than lifepo4

Just something I was contemplating

kneedeep said:
New wheel arrived 19" front moto with 20mm through axle. Aesthetics are great but the spokes are too long at some points. Every 4th spoke has up to 4mm hangout. so I will have to knock the hangout off each one with a dremmel tool. Offset looks perfect wheel is true. I will assemble on the weekend.

seems like they miscalculated spoke length. angle and lacing pattern don't look healthy to me

joe81 said:
kneedeep said:

seems like they miscalculated spoke length. angle and lacing pattern don't look healthy to me
Closer inspection has shown the same length spokes and a dished rim to give true center. The spokes are alternated in and out on the spindle. On the dished side the inward spoke on the spindle is reaching through the nipple. this being every 4th spoke looks long. With this I am fine trimming that spoke. I have not had time to work on this the last few weeks but should have it mobile by end of the week.

Almost done. I am finishing up the last of the wiring but the key switch I think is going to be a problem. This hub internal controller has the key switching full amps not just a controller signal. I cannot see the switch handling the amps (30amp max) very well. Your thoughts?

Why did you need to adjust the shock height? When you sit on the bike it will sag. Was it still too tall for you?

dirkdiggler said:
Why did you need to adjust the shock height? When you sit on the bike it will sag. Was it still too tall for you?
I ordered the wrong one it was too long. I will ride it for a bit, set it up to where I want it then order correct one.

Loads done this weekend. Brakes 100% complete and work great, battery fitted tight but great fit has no room to move around.

Wires have been cleaned up ( I had to put a fork bag below the headlight for wires as all the connections reached about that area and I did not want to splice every feed). I just have to install connectors on all the wire ends so it is easily serviceable.

I was having trouble with chain alignment because I was using a 135mm drop out motor in the 155mm drop out bike. I was looking at a new BB spindle (currently a 147mm) till I found a crank set with 10mm extra offset in my scrap pile, now the chain runs true. If this crank set works well I will look for a new one similar.

The crank that worked awesome is an EXAGE 300 LX with a biopace-sg. So at some point I will be looking for these parts in as new or new condition. I will have to research them.

I was on the fence how I was going to do my tail lights then I seen the CyklonEbike post on Facebook and I am going that route as I had those lights on the shelf from building trailers.

I would like to sort out a 48volt activated relay to switch the brake lights via the brake cut outs. Any ideas on that would be great.

I will try this for the brake light. Will see what the delay is when set up, it is cheap to try. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Mini-DC-DC-Converter-4-5-64V-to-5v-9v-12v-24v-48v-Buck-Step-down-Regulator-Board-/322366200806?hash=item4b0e85dbe6:g:7b8AAOSwjDZYZgNI

Back