Nyx frame, 273mm*40m V3 hub, and 650A

+1 for Mobipus. I haven't seen the official rating on phase amps for the 600a unit, but if it follows the same multiplier for the 200a unit it should do 1050a easily.

Only potential deal breaker is the dimensions, it's dense for what it delivers but still not tiny.

Ohbse said:
+1 for Mobipus. I haven't seen the official rating on phase amps for the 600a unit, but if it follows the same multiplier for the 200a unit it should do 1050a easily.

Only potential deal breaker is the dimensions, it's dense for what it delivers but still not tiny.

Wow that 72600 is impressive, water cooling ready too. And if it peaks north of 1.000 A that is just insane. And the price is 1100 AUS. (about 840 USD!)
Hard to find a competitor that will match the output, specs and features at least at that price point. I really think the 72200 is an Adaptto contender.

Where Adaptto seems to have stopped any further developing of new features and also totally abandoned their very own Adaptto future feature thread I think we will see many more using the Mobipus in the future. Iirc Mobipus will also add more features to controllers and are listening to his customers wishes. Now that is something we've been missing out on with controllers. A developer that actually are listening for worthy features and customers needs. That alone might be worth considering when deciding what controller to choose next.

That 72600 should be right up your alley for the Nyx 273 build. And you can easily get a great dashboard from a tablet or phablet, just plug n play.

Member Shenta makes the mobipus, I will be hanging out with him soon enough and see what he has that will make the most nasty bike.

liveforphysics said:
Member Shenta makes the mobipus, I will be hanging out with him soon enough and see what he has that will make the most nasty bike.

Pics or it didn't happen ;)

I'm sure you considered it, why not a Kelly controller? They have models well I to double digit kw. Too expensive? Large? Heavy?
Can't wait to hear how the bike performs, I hope to finish mine before you though, (same motor, electric Enduro frame) but I have no doubt yours will be quicker and lighter, and built with higher quality components. :wink:

ninepointeight said:
I'm sure you considered it, why not a Kelly controller? They have models well I to double digit kw. Too expensive? Large? Heavy?
Can't wait to hear how the bike performs, I hope to finish mine before you though, (same motor, electric Enduro frame) but I have no doubt yours will be quicker and lighter, and built with higher quality components. :wink:

I've had a few Kelly's. I think they may make the lowest quality motor controllers in the business, and I wouldn't put them in anything someone is trusting their life to work.

My early Laguna seca ebike used a 120v 400A Kelly, before it blew up (as they do) it would regen you as you rolled on throttle exiting corners (extremely dangerous). I contacted Kelly about it and after a week or so they emailed back just saying they agree it regens when you gently roll on throttle...

I also had the "800A" 120vdc Kelly, which exploded on its 3rd 5sec dyno pull, while never exceeding 500A.

liveforphysics said:
ninepointeight said:

I've had a few Kelly's. I think they may make the lowest quality motor controllers in the business, and I wouldn't put them in anything some is trusting their life to work.

My early Laguna seca ebike used a 120v 400A Kelly, before it blew up (as they do) it would regen you as you rolled on throttle exiting corners (extremely dangerous). I contacted Kelly about it and after a week or so they emailed back just saying they agree it regens when you gently roll on throttle...

I also had the "800A" 120vdc Kelly, which exploded on its 3rd 5sec dyno pull, while never exceeding 500A.

I agree with Luke, they are fragile and the current control on them is not precise! their square wave controller are like the opposite of the sinewave controller.. they make the motor to rumble alot at low speed even with the best adjustments... and also act like a continuous regen low current.. The throttle control at low speed act like a rotational positioning control.. it feel the regen overlap the forward current... kinda...

Doc

Has anyone with an nyx frame lubricated their delrin(POM) bushing on the concentic bottom bracket? Without lube I found that for the first 6 months my bushing squeaked loudly and now after a year there is side to side movement between the frame and the swingarm. One of the bushes has become loose and there is a noticeable gap between the bush and the bottom bracket assembly....

I have contacted Cedrick at NYX and await for a reply on new bushings. I will be lubing them this time, bit not sure what grease to use.

Andrew

Hiya Fellas (and ladies), just posting "this is going to be Epic!"

Luke, you sir are a champion of the sport. Doing it right!

Sooo much anticipation for the Youtube vid(s) like from a standing start to WOT tearing open the fabric of spacetime type stuff

Have you thought about wearing a cape?

Enough gushing like a giddy schoolgirl, back to watching and waiting. Bye, Fanboy.

Hobbit said:
Hiya Fellas (and ladies), just posting "this is going to be Epic!"

Luke, you sir are a champion of the sport. Doing it right!

Sooo much anticipation for the Youtube vid(s) like from a standing start to WOT tearing open the fabric of spacetime type stuff

Have you thought about wearing a cape?

Enough gushing like a giddy schoolgirl, back to watching and waiting. Bye, Fanboy.

You sir are far too kind! I'm a merely a reasonable fellow making a reasonable ebike. I do appreciate your kind words and enthusiasm though!

Rix said:
Any updates Luke?

Here is an update:

Handled work in Europe and Asia. Visited my son in WA state and took him on an adventure. Did some epic skiing the day after giving my son back to his mother and broke a rib from the handle and of my ski pole jabbing into my ribcage during an impressive 'garage sale' style wreck.

Accomplished nothing further on ebike. It will be running soon enough. :)

Handled work in Europe and Asia. Visited my son in WA state and took him on an adventure. Did some epic skiing the day after giving my son back to his mother and broke a rib from the handle and of my ski pole jabbing into my ribcage during an impressive 'garage sale' style wreck.

Accomplished nothing further on ebike. It will be running soon enough. :)

Okay, just making sure I hadn't missed any progress. Heal up soon amigo, you got an ebike begging to be completed and ridden, not to mention me along with lots of others are curious as hell about the performance of that monster hub motor with the amount of current you plan on flowing to it. :evil: :twisted:

brumbrum said:
Has anyone with an nyx frame lubricated their delrin(POM) bushing on the concentic bottom bracket? Without lube I found that for the first 6 months my bushing squeaked loudly and now after a year there is side to side movement between the frame and the swingarm. One of the bushes has become loose and there is a noticeable gap between the bush and the bottom bracket assembly....

I have contacted Cedrick at NYX and await for a reply on new bushings. I will be lubing them this time, bit not sure what grease to use.

Andrew
yeah i put li grease on mine, just seemed like the right thing. much smoother

Delron against polished smooth steel needs no lubricant, I had a manual rowing machine with delron inserts on the "oar handle bar pivots". Sold the machine after 2 years of use, there was no change in the amount of play the oar bars had. Delron is neat stuff. No doubt adding grease smoothed things out more though. Just occurred to me, take the pivot pin out and polish it with a wad of Neverdull. It will be super smooth for sure.

Attachments

• neverdull.jpg
    neverdull.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 4,113
Love how those Nyx frames look, no doubt an awesome platform for a great machine. I am curious as to what your plan is for cooling the motor. With those power levels, I am guessing you are not going to wait for hours for it to cool between any time you got WOT :twisted:

ninepointeight said:
Love how those Nyx frames look, no doubt an awesome platform for a great machine. I am curious as to what your plan is for cooling the motor. With those power levels, I am guessing you are not going to wait for hours for it to cool between any time you got WOT :twisted:
was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if LFP has his mind set on a controller yet? And will we see this beast on a dyno you think?

Rix said:
brumbrum said:
Its been a while Luke, any progress to show?
Its been a very long while, any progress?

Ironically yes, first controller option that at least gives me 600A RMS phase current and fits in the frame with FOC and field weakening became available to me just today. Unfortunately Im not available to share about it yet, but when I get back into the bay area I should be running with a solid day's work. :)

liveforphysics said:
Rix said:
brumbrum said:
Its been a while Luke, any progress to show?
Its been a very long while, any progress?

Ironically yes, first controller option that at least gives me 600A RMS phase current and fits in the frame with FOC and field weakening became available to me just today. Unfortunately Im not available to share about it yet, but when I get back into the bay area I should be running with a solid day's work. :)
Looking forward to your build as i am building something really close to what you are building.

liveforphysics said:
Rix said:
="brumbrum"]Its been a while Luke, any progress to show?
Its been a very long while, any progress

Well thats good news Luke, I have been chompin at the bit waiting to see this build come along. Looking forward to your progress...and test ride results. I know I don't have to say this, but please get some video when you can.

Back