twister electric scooter 800W 36V

paulyz

10 µW
I have one of these http://www.bikes4you.ie/scooters/twister-electric-scooter-1000w-48v-6inch (do not remember 800W or 1000W, but I know what 36V). So I left it in garage (all time was ~ +15C) in winter time, but now, in spring, it won't go normal. I charged a couple times, but it's go slow, checked with tester, full charged battery is 39V, but after 10 m drops to 35V and after 20m drops to 32V, so, I think, battery dead? Or with maybe there is any possibility to renew with good charger, because last year everything was ok (scoter is ~100km mileage).

If I need to change batteries, maybe someone could recommend what to buy, I don't want spent a lot money, but do not want change batteries each season :)

Thanks for help

You could try leaving it on the charger for a few days and see if that helps, but sounds like the batteries are shot. If the batteries drained during storage, they will be sulfated and not likely to recover.

Take a look inside and see what size the batteries are. Personally, I wouldn't spend money on lead-acid batteries anymore but they are probably the cheapest route. With proper care, should last a few years. These days, I would go for a lithium pack. Depending on how often you ride and care, they could last 10 years. Also weighs less than 1/2 of the lead batteries.

on batteries written in Chinese and number. I found in Internet, batteries should be 12V, 12Ah.

looks like https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Electric-Scooter-36V-12Ah-Lead-Acid-Battery-with-Battery-Bag-3pcs-12V-12Ah-Scooter-Battery-ANSHENG/32695775604.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.d6j9uR

They are heavy. I didn't charge during winter time, but when I turned scooter key, all lights was green (mean fully charged).

If I change to lithium, should I change something else? or just batteries and thats all.

Not every day drive, only in weekend and summer time.

P.S. I bought a battery car for kids and inside is one 12V battery, but I don't have problems with battery already 3 seasons.

If you get a lithium battery, you will also probably need a new charger made for those batteries. It would be fairly expensive.

If you only use it occasionally and are OK with the stock weight and range, then replacing the lead acid batteries might make the most sense. That is a pretty common size.

Sounds like they were treated properly but failed anyway. I'd recommend double checking all the battery connections to make sure they are tight.

I have had similar situation . I would remove each 12 volt battery charge separately with a dedicated charger . Sometimes the charger might get hot but I have been able to reserect the battery . I used a trickle charger .

Back