Kickstand for EEB type bike.

kingjamez

100 W
My EEB frame didn't come with a kickstand. I need one. I'd prefer one that can attach to the square tubing of the rear fork, but will settle for the standard one that screws into the bottom of the frame like standard kickstands. The EEB frame requires a much longer leg than normal kickstands, so I can't just buy a replacement bike model. Any ideas or tips on where to buy an EEB specific kickstand?

If something steel can be found, I can weld it to the frame if that expands my options.

-Jim

Best thing I've found are these moped kick stands. You have to grind off the inner tabs, though.

https://www.treatland.tv/tomos-BLACK-side-kickstand-left-side-mounting-p/tomos-side-stand-black-013.htm

They tend to be a bit short if using 26" wheels. For 19" / 24" wheels, they work ok.

The EEB site sells them and on ebay there is a seller C&N ebike, just message them and they will sell you the one made for the EEB for $25

That's what they told me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

subd

I got the Tomos Moped side kickstand in. It indeed fits on the EEB frame after grinding the welds that hold the tabs in place. It's a solid connection with just the "U" bolts.

However, it's way to short. My EEB with 17" moped rims leans over very steeply and isn't at all stable. I'll either weld on an extension (the leg is steel tubing) or I'll just buy the EEB kickstand instead.

-Jim

People still use kickstands on bicycles?

flat tire said:
Real bikes don't have kickstands. You can always lean it against something.

An EEB frame with 17" Moto wheels housing a QS205V3, Mobipus 72200, and 20Ah of 20S Lithium is about as far from a "real" bike as you can get and still have pedals.

This thing is a heavy beast.

-Jim

If you are not momentarily propping it by the rear wheel against something or leaving it in your garage, then it should be locked via heavy cable to an object ideally strong enough to at least hold the bike up, LOL. It sounds like you are unaware how quickly a motorcycle will disappear into a van, let alone an 80-90lbs ebike that one person can pick up - especially in DC. It is a sitting duck on opening day of season parked on a kickstand in a lot.

Besides, if you are riding it hard like most of us, the kickstand will either make you crash when it unfolds and you lean it over or juts fall off at some point. Any offroad rider will tell you that. They only belong on wally world bicycles IMO.

ecycler said:
If you are not momentarily propping it by the rear wheel against something or leaving it in your garage, then it should be locked via heavy cable to an object ideally strong enough to at least hold the bike up, LOL. It sounds like you are unaware how quickly a motorcycle will disappear into a van, let alone an 80-90lbs ebike that one person can pick up - especially in DC. It is a sitting duck on opening day of season parked on a kickstand in a lot.

Besides, if you are riding it hard like most of us, the kickstand will either make you crash when it unfolds and you lean it over or juts fall off at some point. Any offroad rider will tell you that. They only belong on wally world bicycles IMO.
Unfortunately, none of those are options for me. When charging, I park in a garage that is 100% video monitored and I have to be in a standard car parking spot. Non-charging parking is in a private garage so I'm not terribly concerned about theft. If I'm in actual "public" it'll of course be chained up.

-Jim

gotcha. Everyone's situation is a little different. If you take it on a ride for heavy offroad use, my recommendation would be remove the kickstand or ziptie it in place!

Back