Vetting Floureon (7s 25.9V 5000mAh)

DrkAngel

1 GW
Found a RC Pack that has great potential for 24V systems and specifically for my eZips with the RMB battery packs.

Floureon 7S 5000mah 25.9V 40C Lipo Battery <$60
delivered from USA

Recommended for rebuild of eZip 24V RMB battery packs.
Will fit up to 4 x 5Ah = 25.9V 20Ah vs oem 24V 10Ah (5-6Ah usable) SLA.
Every 24V controller I've ever tested works properly with 7s 25.9V battery, but a bit faster with some more torque ...

eZip RMB pack internal dimensions:
150mm x 65mm x 230mm

1 $60 brick = usable capacity of $120 SLA pack
2x ($120) = capacity of $570 10Ah oem Lithium RMB battery
4x ($240) @ 10lb = 2x $570 10Ah oem Lithium RMB battery or 4x $120 (65lb) SLA
(4x leaves room for 22mm x 650mm x 150mm BMS)

Received 1 sample and began testing.
(Dimensions confirmed and solid brick no noticed defects)

#1 Tested shipped voltage of each cell.
7 cells varied from 3.80V - 3.84V (.04V variance = reasonably equal)

#2 Bulk charge to iMax Lion 4.10V
2207mAh to average 4.07V
Additional Bulk charge to iMax Lipo 4.20V
776mAh to 4.168V-4.218V (.05V variance = reasonably equal for oem shipped but "poor" for "use")

#3 Precisely equalized cell voltages within .001V (4.159V- 4.160V)
1000th V meter recommended (Lucked into a $150 Fluke multimeter for $10)

#4 Letting cells set to evaluate self-discharge
100 hours 4.150V 4.158V - less than 100thV "self-discharge"
(variance is liable to be amplified charge\bleed down of cell voltages to match - "equalized" voltages were not "settled" results)
Will continue to compare voltages at 24 hour intervals until any self-discharge can be determined.
update - Self discharge tests
5 packs

Pack #1
14 days worst cell loss .027V
All cells within .013V

Pack #2
8 days worst cell loss .03V
All cells within .006V

Pack #3a
8 days worst cell loss .03V
All cells within .011V

Pack #3b
8 days worst cell loss .026V
All cells within .010V

Pack #4
4 days worst cell loss .018V
All cells within .005V

No cell seems to be of abnormal self discharge.
Self-discharge will be reassessed on a scheduled basis or if any indication deems necessary.

#5 IR testing (pending)
Will continuous discharge at 5A (1C) and monitor voltage sag as a measure of IR (Internal resistance)
Each cell will be metered under discharge and compared for equal IR

#6 Will discharge to ~50% and precisely measure static voltage several minutes after voltage removed (pending)
Compared voltage will indicate comparative capacity

#7 Will discharge further, at reduced rate, while monitoring all cell voltages (pending)
.001V meter will be relied upon to determine capacity cliff @ ≤3.60V (unable to find oem discharge graph!)

#8 iMax bulk charge to 4.10V Lion setting will indicate if all cells return to equal (balanced) voltage (pending)
as safety before continuing with iMax 4.20V LiPO bulk charge setting

#9 If battery prove of good-equal quality, I will create a capacity map to determine optimal charged and discharged voltages (pending)

update
0.8C max recommended charge rate. ≤0.5C recommended for better life!

". Long cycle life (150 times minimum)" - moderate discharge rates combined with lowered charged voltage expected to extend cycles into the thousands! ... ?
". One-year battery warranty." - nice safety net!

Hi DrkAngel,
Sure nice someone keeping up to date for us diehard e-zippers. Will these actually fit in the rmb case? Oh, I saw the dimensions you gave. If your tests are good this will be the Holy grail for e-zips.

Whoa!!! 2 For price of 1 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Floureon-7S-25-9V-5000mAh-40C-XT60-Plug-LiPo-Battery-Pack-for-RC-Toys-Drones-/311860426226?hash=item489c5475f2:g:p8oAAOSwuMZZBq0r Is this real??

Update -
#3 self-discharge
Less than 1/100V voltage, from any cell, loss in 4 days
#1 post updated

Ordered additional 1 from same source.

Ordered 4 more from chessir link - might be real or a mistake, tried to purchase anyhow!
Will delete this post and replace with next update.

Hi DrkAngel,

I need your help as I just received this Floureon 7s and impatient to try it out. Problem is the 7s (8pin) jst will not go in my I charger 208b port(9pin).The index tabs on the battery jst-xh do not line up. Do you have an exact reference for an adaptor or an adaptor board? I am anxious to try it, Is there a way to bulk charge with my 24 v meanwell power supply or even a 12v car battery charger with close monitoring?

Perhaps I could just eliminate the left hand (pos)tab on the battery jst and insert the connector into the charger with the black (neg) tab lined up. Would this work?

Thanx DrkAngel,

I already experimented by clipping the pos tab and it works. These batteries are jxt not jst from what I surmised. As received my cells were at 3.83 3.83 3.79 3.82 3.82 3.82 3.82 .

Not "bad" voltages.
Balance up before use.
Make sure to not deeply discharge.
Check voltages after partial discharges to evaluate, before "normal use".

Day 5 on my self-discharge test.
No cell has lost even 1/100thV yet.
Preliminary evaluation says good for prolonged bulk charging use.
Will monitor, preliminary cycles especially,
Probably, won't "use" till paired for 10Ah ... or 20 Ah.
5 more packs ordered but expecting to receive only 3. "2x" listing appears bogus.

Should be ideal as a steroid "pump up" for my recycled laptop Li-ion 18650 packs.
2 x 7s 5000mAh + 7s8p 18650 should fit in a RMB case.

MaMa Mia : Had some fireworks on temporary power connection to battery for 2 or 3 seconds. Somehow shorted to frame before i turned on the controller. I do not think it did much damage. Cells were still at 2.10-2,09 . My pack resistance went from 26 milli Ohm to 31 milli Ohm however. Is that significant?
It looks like you could fit 4 of these in 1 rmb if you cut out the center mount post. Have you done that?

First post here...I hang on rcgroups.com. been just reading on endless sphere for the last month

I built a 48v bike last month. I have a hubsan drone that takes 3s 7000mah batteries. I already had 4 batteries.so they serve double duty for my hubsan drone...and in series on the bike...and yes on my imax b6 testing they are a true 7000man...in a 4 1/2 inch package 360 grams.

Husband drone batteries are amazing low c rating. For long flight. 27 min and easily 800meters up...my hubsan x4 501s uses a 2s 2700mah hubsan original battery stays up 23 minutes..lighter version of my 109 drone.
And only 22.99 on eBay..search for them...Amazon has them too. I was gonna get 4 more hubsan 7000mah hours for 14ah pack.

Hubsan batteries are not standard shapes or sizes..they only fit hubsan drones. Hard to find a non factory battery for these.

Anyway I stumbled on this these looking for batteries...adding a 5th hubsan batter for 15s. I donewnna hit over 63v for my ebikeling controller 48v 1200 watt kit...14s. Sounds good and only 2 packs.

I ordered 2 days ago and received both batteries today...I ordered the single one at first by mistake...I had two web pages open at the same time.

I emailed them and told them to cancel that order of one 7s battery for $52.99..and asked why so cheap on the dual pack..they responded we are floureon..and the jxt connector version is not selling. They are just getting rid of them at cost. 3 minutes later they refunded my wrong order.

I went back and ordered the twin pack..they came today shipped with storage charge. I put them on the bike and went around the block 2x.. Could feel the digference between 12s and 14s.

I have one on my venom pro charger....since my imax b6 only goes to 6s.. I charged it up to 50% to see how many mah it holds to charge to100%.. Don't like to discharge to do a full test..but its close enough to see true mah. I snipped the connector to fit...but I went and ordered some jst connectors for the future.

I already ordered 2 more of these batteries from the same seller from that link above. I was worried if this was a legit deal on eBay. Ive got screwed on eBay once. But eBay made it good. Took ten days. But I got a refund.

Point being the eBay deal is legit..but mind the hot connectors. I might just order another 4. Wife wants a bike too.

Ill post more on my testing of these later. Posting on my phone forgive any grammar errors

Amazon link for hubsan 7000may...eBay cheaper id u search there.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0163KCTXQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493998976&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=hubsan+7000mah+battery&dpPl=1&dpID=31CHberzuRL&ref=plSrch

Here's a link to the ebay seller, I've bought 5 total from him.. ships fast and they are 7000mah. 25c discharge. Low for a drone. But good enough for ebike. And it's not me i live in delaware. These are a better deal 7000mah, but you gotta series more batteries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/222480541794?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Conflicting reports about the 2 for 1 offering. DrkAngel ordered the double but they shipped only 1. Cobra ordered the double and got the double. Who will be the 3rd to try? "Wild Goose Chase" ??

Received 3 more yesterday.
1 - $52.99 = #2
2 - "2x" $59.99 (supposed to be 4 total but only received 2) = #3a #3b

Confronted "2x for $59.99" seller with mistake (2 x "2x" = 4, received 2) and was offered a $5 refund.
Am presently negotiating for $59.99 (50%) refund, before filing claim with eBay.
At nearly 5000 (100% positive) reviews as a buyer, eBay will refund me if I accelerate to a "claim".
(Made sure my second order shipped before complaining! - Shipping weight indicates single batteries also.) (25.9V 20Ah High output LiPo = 8lb)

Seller realized their listing mistake and offering is now "0 available - 4 sold"

All cells equal within 3/100th V (near 3.84V)
Bulk charging to iMax Lion( 4.07V) before equalizing balance and charging to iMax LiPo (4.17V)
Then will precisely equalize and set aside for self-discharge test

#1 pack ready for Discharge and IR test
Whether 24V eBike or 24V mower will depend on weather.
Need to adapt to XT60 connector.

Yes, wires are snug fit but 4 will fit in RMB battery pack, without removing center post, bottom and center shelves recommended.

Batteries are shipped in exterior plastic bag but quadruple layer of bubble wrap inside flimsy box inside, heavy shipping box needed - my recommendation!

Dual Purpose battery for e-bike and 24 volt mower sounds great to me. What brand currently has 24 v mower?

Old Homelite 20" mower. (Pulled 24V 20Ah SLA - presently running 6s 22.2V 34.56Ah)
Most every maker has gone 36V and up.
Great yard sale bargain, most don't want to buy new SLA battery packs, so might find cheap.
Check local paper, for sale, or garage-yard sales?
Have blade "trued" and sharpened. Great deal!

So, the 2 for $60 deal is no more. The seller was just decieving buyers (scam ?)
And now we have a single 7s, 5Ah pack for $60 ?
It will need to perform well to justify its price and the risk with a unreliable selller like that

Pack #1
Received with all cells within 4/100 V
charged
balanced
proven of no notable self-discharge - 5 days with no cell losing more than 1/100th V

Pack #2
Received with all cells within 2/100 V
charged
balanced

Pack #3a

Received with all cells within 3/100V
charged
balanced

Pack #3b
Received with all cells within 3/100V
charged
balanced

Pack #4
Awaiting delivery ...

Best deal @ < $410/kWh !!!
"Best offer" available from multiple vendors, for better price?

After refund my 25.9V 20Ah .516 kWh pack will cost me $166

Preliminary testing indicates strong probability of cells be of sufficient quality for Bulk charging (no BMS) use!

After seeing this post as i said i was checking out the seller. And was nervous ordering,

He sells single packs for $52.99 here. I hate to order from that seller, after most of the people didnt get the dual packs. But that $52 price is still the cheapest and hobbyking is out of stock and shipping makes it not a deal there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201874493601

And the double packs go for $59.99, I hit the buy it now on the $52.99, and ordered and when i got the email. i realized i ordered the single battery. I emailed the seller and said please cancel because i was going to order the Dual battery deal for $59.99... Maybe that's why i got 2??

I've got my money back with ebays protection before so i took a chance and got both batteries. I went back today to order two more if i could and same thing. none for sale.

I told people about the deal on RCgroup forums. one person got 2 batteries. the other 2 got one. I dont get that seller.

But im going to order 2 more at $52.99. I just tested them out on my electric bike, I've been riding without a freewheel, since i built it a couple weeks ago. Just got a 9 speed freewheel from amazon. I used a Trek 7.4 hybrid for the build. Changed the 700c bottanger rims and tires to 700c mountan bike 700x38.

Anyway put 10 miles on the batteries today, no problems, They are on my charger now. tested them and all the cells are close and balanced after the ride. Only ran it down to 3.85v per cell, charged them to 4.1v initially.

Like i said i was using 7000mah 3c hubsan drone batteries. And doing 5 batteries, and going parallel, i didnt want a rats nest, and the charging hastle. 4 of these. And 14c is manageable. And plus im not at the limit with my 63v capacitors with 15c anymore.

This deal was too good to last. Wish everyone got the dual deal. The whole world wouldve hammered his ebay site. I sell a lot on ebay, I was even thinking about buying 20 of the deals, Sitting on them, and then doubleing my money 6 months from now. Oh well.

Hi DrkAngel,

How did you save $80 since you did not get the advertised deal? I only got one pack for $60 and after 3 shallow cycles my IR has been rising from @ 3 mOhm to @6 mOhm . Pack went from 26 to 34. Would the pack stay better if you used at least 2 in parallel ?

Tests, so far, indicate 3.84V as about 50% capacity.
I will capacity map a pack after discharge capacity and IR tests.

Best info, I've seen, is 3.7V - 4.20V. No known discharge graphs.
Will try to determine optimal charged and discharged voltages.

chessir said:
Hi DrkAngel,

How did you save $80 since you did not get the advertised deal? I only got one pack for $60 and after 3 shallow cycles my IR has been rising from @ 3 mOhm to @6 mOhm . Pack went from 26 to 34. Would the pack stay better if you used at least 2 in parallel ?

Just tested my Ir, on a tenergy 5 in 1 meter.. 2ohms on cells 1to6 on first pack cell 7 is 3 ohms.. On the second pack 1st cell is 3 ohms, cell 2 through 7 are 2 ohms....Im going to run these till any cell hits 3.5v...I usually dont go below 3.7, but one time. just to see if any weak cells. I have a Lipo led warning on both of them. the cheap one everyone has for RC.. Poor mans BMS monitor :? ...

Im used to drone's and smaller packs, I'll give you real world updates on these packs. On nice days im riding the bike to work 4 miles each way. And no pedelling. If they
hold up after a week. Im going to order 2 more. Hard to find 7s for the $52.99.. He did ship fast. I got it in 2 days, but im in delaware. And he's in new york,, 150 miles.

Good luck to all that bought these. Again. I wish everyone got the deal.

chessir said:
Hi DrkAngel,

How did you save $80 since you did not get the advertised deal? I only got one pack for $60 and after 3 shallow cycles my IR has been rising from @ 3 mOhm to @6 mOhm . Pack went from 26 to 34. Would the pack stay better if you used at least 2
in parallel ?

1 pack $53
2 packs $120 - $60 expected refund
1 pack $53
Total $166

Heavy discharges do damage capacity and IR but ... IR varies by pack voltage.
IR at 3.7V might be double of IR at 4.1V

Oops, just remembered, short that dropped cell voltages to "2.09 - 2.10V" could drastically affect-damage IR!

DrkAngel said:
chessir said:
Heavy discharges do damage capacity and IR but ... IR varies by pack voltage.
IR at 3.7V might be double of IR at 4.1V

Oops, just remembered, short that dropped cell voltages to "2.09 - 2.10V" could drastically affect-damage IR!

I killed a good Hubsan 2700 pack with a short once. once cell was just trashed.

I emailed the seller on the $52.99 and the translator he uses was terrible. But he has the singles for the $52.99 and in stock. Im ordering two more Monday when my paycheck hits direct depost.

So i paid 2 for $59.99
and 2 more for $52.99 each
For a total of $165.97 or $41.49 each

4 batteries For 10Ah.....5Ah was plenty to get back and forth to work Hitting 35mph :D

Im fine with the $52.99 price each
Just the hastle of no rats nest and only charging 4 batteries instead of 10 hubsans, if i went parallel with my series pack. Now i can use my Hubsan batteries for my Hubsan drone.

You want a crazy price on a 7s, im sure you all have seen hobbykings 7s 5000mah zippy compact for $29.99... I've checked everyday for 3 weeks if it ever comes back in stock!!!!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-5000mah-7s-25c-lipo-pack-single-balance-tab-version.html?___store=en_us

They do have 7s 4000mah in stock for $29.99... I was about to pull the trigger on 4 of these till I saw this endless sphere post.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/zippy-compact-4000mah-7s-25c-lipo-pack.html?___store=en_us

4 of the 4000mah comes to $119.96 shipping to me in delaware is $28.94 Hazardous fedex,, Comes to $37.22 each for 4 of them. ebay sellers dont care about hazardous materials, they just ship US postal!!!

Saw the HK 7s 4000mAh also ... shipping time kept me looking.
These cells are the perfect size for my eZip RMB packs and from in country, actually from in State ... NY.
With the 1 year warranty, I couldn't pass them up.
The good equal voltage on cells and lack of self-discharge encouraged me to stock up!

7s may seem pretty wimpy ...
Several of my eZips are now 24-33.3-36-37-44.4V capable
Most fun is my ... eZips have racks for 2 RMB battery packs and an on\off\on switch to switch between packs ...
With a little rewiring I use the switch as 25.9V "legal" 20mph to 25.9V + 11.1V in series for 37V 28mph "TURBO".
Have 4 3s 5800mAh 23.2Ah 30C Lipo I can drop in 2nd pack for "emergency" use. Room to add inverter too ...

7s add-ons

7s LCD battery meter
Fuel level meter
Monitor cell voltages
IR tester (questionable accuracy)
Balance function (overheated in latest test!)

Better selection - 5 in 1 Smart Battery Meter - ~$7
Black model not the same = crappy!

1-8S Lipo Battery Low Voltage Tester Buzzer Alarm <$2
Programmable, individual bank LVA- Low Voltage Alarm
Displays pack voltage then individual bank voltages
Use multiple for larger packs. 2 for upto 16s, 3 for 24s etc.
I ran to front bars using 8 wire Ethernet cable (7s 25.9V Li-ion)
Use as voltage meter only, hook to wires going to 24V leds on throttle. (30V max)

Also, now, comes in hard case shell

7s BMS ≥$9
$9 20A continuous has 30A surge ...
might be adequate for 350-450watt motors in typical use?

Note: Low cost items of varying accuracy! Test before relying on!

Hi DrkAngel,
Thanx for nice suggestions for add-ons . I have a question on how to install the 7s bms which comes with board and cable with jst on one end and pigtails on the other end. How do you connect to the battery? I suppose you'd install a jst Female connector on the pigtail end and attach to battery jst male. Is that correct ? So where can you get the female jst connector and a crimping tool for it?

Back