My Chinese Ebay Build

I have a weight for the bike complete with battery and all parts installed. 114lb pretty heavy but I am very happy with it. The moto tires will add about 8-10lb.

The bike is almost done I love the ride.

Attachments

• IMG_5110.JPG
    IMG_5110.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 6,310
  • IMG_5112.JPG
    IMG_5112.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 6,310
  • IMG_5113.JPG
    IMG_5113.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 6,309
  • IMG_5114.JPG
    IMG_5114.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 6,309
  • IMG_5115.JPG
    IMG_5115.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 6,309
  • IMG_5116.JPG
    IMG_5116.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 6,309
  • IMG_5117.JPG
    IMG_5117.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 6,309
  • IMG_5118.JPG
    IMG_5118.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 6,310
I do have some small things to finish like wire loom to clean up the front a quality longer chain and shifter for the derailleur. The tire wheel change once motor is sound.

Big problem today was the goldenmotor it is only half power and half speed today and the Bluetooth is not working. When Bluetooth is plugged in the motor pulses and jumps but not enough to turn and will go away when throttle is disconnected. When the Bluetooth is plugged in the light flashes steady green. Lastly when the brakes are engaged it reads Error 2 (throttle). So I have posted on the goldenmotor forum and will call Gary S tomorrow will see where we get.

I cannot believe the ride quality I have never had a bike with good parts before and it will be a joy to ride this summer. The Fox shock is fantastic on the back.

looks very nice!
does this frame have a standard bottom bracket width (like 68mm?)?
i had too many bad experiences with the taper square type and would want to change it.

joe81 said:
looks very nice!
does this frame have a standard bottom bracket width (like 68mm?)?
i had too many bad experiences with the taper square type and would want to change it.
There is a seller here on the site sells them he will have specific info. My micrometer reads bottom bracket width at 86mm and the shaft size is a few posts back a week ago. https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81828

thank you.
that sounds like a special width. so it's similar to the leili frame in that respect. probably the room is necessary between the cranks to accommodate the wide frame and the batteries inside of it.
..no use for all the cranks that i have sitting around.. :roll:

joe81 said:
thank you.
that sounds like a special width. so it's similar to the leili frame in that respect. probably the room is necessary between the cranks to accommodate the wide frame and the batteries inside of it.
..no use for all the cranks that i have sitting around.. :roll:
forgot I had a pic. this is the set 84mm

Attachments

• IMG_5119.JPG
    IMG_5119.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 6,310
The last few days I have been on the golden motor forum testing and diagnosing the power problem with the bike and to keep this thread complete here is a link to that thread. Hope link works. https://goldenmotor.com/SMF/index.php?topic=6222.0

With the new controller on the way I disassembled the rear wheel and removed the controller took about 10 min total. First removed the brake disk then the sur clip for the wire loom, then the cooling cover. I then cleaned away some liquid silicone sealing the controller to the axle 6 screws and worked the controller off the shaft enough to disconnect the 3 phase wires and hall wire plug. this was well waterproofed.

Attachments

• IMG_5120.JPG
    IMG_5120.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 6,269
  • IMG_5121.JPG
    IMG_5121.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 6,269
  • IMG_5122.JPG
    IMG_5122.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 6,269
  • IMG_5123.JPG
    IMG_5123.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 6,269
Controller arrived with a throttle today. I installed the controller taking baby steps with testing before each connection. First installed the controller very easy and was sure to seat the controller before screws to be sure no wires were pinched.

Then reinstalled the wheel.

Next was Bluetooth up date before any plugs were connected. Check

Then test for Bluetooth function. Check ;D

Then connect display. Check. Then main plug no throttle no brakes. Check. Then brakes and they read EBS when pulled. Check. Then throttle and runs up to 63 kmh. Check

Now I cycled and checked after each connection just in case there was another unknown fault to be safe, took extra 10 Min. Very well worth the time. If there was another fault and everything was connected I would not know where to start. Always make sure sur clip is secure when installing and wires are far clear if getting damaged.

Attachments

• IMG_5134.JPG
    IMG_5134.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 6,231
More testing today went very well plenty of power and speed, 40 mph very easy at 25 amps. Turned down wheel speed to legal limits and turned amps down to 20amps also turned regen down to 45amps as it was nose diving too much might turn down to 35 after longer ride tonight. Also sorted out the brake lights. The brake cut out switches ground and the dc to dc uses common ground so brakes switch 12v ground with out fuss. Will just have to use dedicated light as I am using LED. Will look into heavier springs for the bomber front end as they are a little light. Turned compression all the way up for now.

I did not need the throttle I can send it back. I might need to buy another display. While adjusting the handlebars I stretched the wires and I am getting error 9 and will not work with display connected. Disconnect display and all works fine.

So longer ride tonight plenty of power at 20 amps still might go less on the regen. I plan on a 35km ride tomorrow to work and back to know it will go the distance. Larger chain ring tomorrow to be able to assist on the hills when needed.

Did the 32km round trip to work for a test today and went well. Arriving home voltage was sitting at 52.4 not too bad. After the 32 km the motor was just warm to the touch, I thought there would be more heat in it. Definitely got a few looks on the drive one person stopped me at light and asked about it. Very nice ride will look for a new seat as I need more comfort. I have new brake light I should see this week I will ad a temp one to the seat post. Also will source a mirror tomorrow.

4 days in a row 32km round trip and 5-7km errands the charger 6 amps runs about or just under 1.5 hrs so around 9AH charge. Seems low it cant be that efficient can it?

Also looking for suggestions for a set of bars about 60-80mm riser. 31.8mm stem mount. I am ok with new stem if needed to fit other bars.

Well 6 days in a row 32-45km a day and the bike is fantastic. I cannot believe how well it drives, brakes, handles and climbs hills. Bike and rider combined at 322lb the brakes are more than adequate one finger light pull to stop. I will start the wheel change over in the next couple weeks, I am contemplating going to 1.60-19 on the back instead of the 1.85-19 if I can find a rim. The front is 1.60-19.

slightly wider rear would actually be beneficial for cornering characteristics.
smaller diameter like 17" or 18" could make sense though if you don't need the clearance.

Assembled the front wheel yesterday. My new spokes arrived for the rear and I have days off next week so likely will do the wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_5140.JPG
    IMG_5140.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 6,102
Nice Build. I have wanted one of those style frames ever since I saw one. Maybe I will feature one of those in my next build. I still have to finish the other one that I just started though. Good luck with the rest of your build. I am also looking into the 1500W edge motor from E.R.T for $299. It can go up to 74v 4500W and 55MPH.

kneedeep said:
Assembled the front wheel yesterday. My new spokes arrived for the rear and I have days off next week so likely will do the wheels.

Normal bike rim/tires, its cool. Now with those tires, the bike is going to look like a dirt bike which might attract unwanted jealousy from others and the popo....as I found out 8)

I built my rear wheel last night. I went to build my wheel yesterday and found the pattern did not match the rim. I have a magic pie you can see the odd pattern on the calculator. So I could not use the intended pattern and after trying every scenario in the calculator I found swapping the spokes worked. But this made the spokes to short. Well I had a set of nipples from a 21" wheel from Kijiji and the nipples were 1/4" longer and worked without the washers. I still have to find another wheel for long term but will not be stuck without the bike. This is the first wheel I have ever laced.

Attachments

• IMG_5143.JPG
    IMG_5143.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 6,066
Back