Luna slow and unprofessional

flat tire

100 kW
I guess I'm late to the party here but these guys take forever to ship and don't like to communicate. I bought a Cyclone over a week ago, still hasn't even been fulfilled (wtf!!). The reason I got it from Luna is I presumed it would come quickly from North America. If I'd known nobody would have touched the thing for a week I would have just gone on alibaba or banggood.

They also don't like to talk on the phone. How bad can you get??

If you are unhappy maybe you should call the better business bureau and complain. Since the owner of the company you ordered from is no longer on this forum you are wasting your time complaining about it here. Maybe research the company before parting with your hard earned dollars would be the dilligent thing to do. Good luck and hope it turns out well for you. As they say buyer beware.

flat tire said:
I guess I'm late to the party here but these guys take forever to ship and don't like to communicate. I bought a Cyclone over a week ago, still hasn't even been fulfilled (wtf!!). The reason I got it from Luna is I presumed it would come quickly from North America. If I'd known nobody would have touched the thing for a week I would have just gone on alibaba or banggood.

Their service leaves much to be desired. Also, I have a feeling that they just grab whatever dudes they can find off the street that need a home and a job.

slacker said:
If you are unhappy maybe you should call the better business bureau and complain. Since the owner of the company you ordered from is no longer on this forum you are wasting your time complaining about it here. Maybe research the company before parting with your hard earned dollars would be the dilligent thing to do. Good luck and hope it turns out well for you. As they say buyer beware.

It's not a waste, he's preventing others from doing the same thing. Buyer beware means the buyer needs to research beforehand. If the buyer is to research beforehand and this feedback is not available, more buyers will hit the same pitfall.

cal3thousand, many threads here about luna. Buyer did not research which is his fault . sorry but if you are going to spend any amount of money on something which may or may not be important to you you should research. Plenty of threads here about luna, thus the warning buyer beware warning. I have thought about buying from luna but i am still waiting to see how everything plays out. Good day and ride on.

slacker said:

You tell him to research a company before he deals with them.....where is he going to find that information?? ON A FORUM, like this one, where knowledgable people talk about the goods and services they have dealt with.

Buyer be ware is the mantra of the shill and the crook.

sean9002, as i said before there is plenty of threads about luna which the op could have looked up before he decided to deal with them. i am sorry if people do not do the research they should before they spend the money hence why i have not dealt with luna. It is the op's fault for not doing the research as their is many threads about luna. ask nelson37?. In the end it is the op that spent the money and hopefully everything will work out for him.

On the other hand, I've made between five and ten purchases from Luna and one had a kit that wasn't complete. They bent over backwards to remedy the problem. Also, I've emailed them at least 10-20 times and 90% were answered within 24 hours.

slacker said:
sean9002, as i said before there is plenty of threads about luna which the op could have looked up before he decided to deal with them. .......
Maybe he did that research, and saw that there were many posts supporting Luna ( as above), as well as those critical of them.
Also , some vendors change their attitude ..good to bad , and vice versa,...so upto date feedback is always to be encouraged especially in cases such as Luna where there has been so much debate.

hillhater , could not agree more, hence buyer beware. as always when dealing with vendors it is always a good thing to do alot of research and listen to your gut instincts, If it does not feel right well than ? jmo.

what is the evidence that Eric is not 'on the forum' anymore?

Hopefully you get your cyclone before long OP, and don't require any/much support. The big ones on here I trust are em3 and grin, and there's a bunch of smaller dudes that are equally straight.

Great point cal3. . . +1 on showing some basic logic to him.

nutspecial, on erics fast electric bike on facebook page. he stated that he was banned. glad that everything has been spelled out to me from the experts. thanks. If you do not believe me ask the mods. Hopefully they will give a straight answer.

Wow this thread took off.

All the people who suggest I research are reading this forum very selectively. I've seen these threads before. Not having ordered before, I've also seen a lot MORE threads where people successfully buy stuff from Luna without apparent trouble. So it's not as clear cut as people like slacker make it out to be.

Anyway, they just emailed me back saying that this particular motor is OUT OF STOCK and no eta can be given as he has no idea when they'll get more in. I'll get a refund, but if he had told me the motor is coming in another week I would have held tight because I do want that motor! This is super duper unprofessional but that part was already established so what can you do?

I will get such a motor elsewhere.

as i stated earlier i was waiting to see how it all played out. I never stated not to buy from luna all i said was do your research. Who you decide to buy from is your decision. glad things worked out for you.

Is it just me or does that reply display a stunning lack of reading comprehension?

slacker said:
as i stated earlier i was waiting to see how it all played out.
slacker said:
I never stated not to buy from luna
irrelevant
slacker said:
all i said was do your research.
That's all I addressed.
slacker said:
Who you decide to buy from is your decision.
Has nothing to do with anything.
slacker said:
glad things worked out for you.
They haven't. Well read. :D

So I've had slow service and I've had good service but nothing as bad as reading your whining posts, just so much drivel.

Welcome to my ignore list.

73nosleN said:
...Although, somebody in management did delete a LARGE number of posts that might have helped to alert you to the problem.
Yep, I was part of the discussion in a thread that was deleted. Locking a thread when things are getting bad is something that I can understand, but deleting it did contribute hiding the truth about bad buisiness practices.

Sorry for your bad experience Flat Tire, but anyone who is an active user on ES knows there is a high risk dealing with Luna, and a high risk buying a Cyclone kit. That was 2 bad choices in one order, and one of them that you are about to repeat, presumably. :wink:

I really hope people on ES are smart enough to read through this BS.

I don't know what happened to this place. but its getting worse and worse. I guess it really needs leadership who is not a dealer.

Pretty pathetic. One buyer bought a kit that ended up out of stock. He complained and he was refunded.

Is this the worse stone you can throw?

I have been buying EV products for years from all the biggest dealers on here and it has been nothing less than a shit show.

A friend of mine (Eric) started Luna out of his garage. And trust me he has nothing but good intentions.

And from what i can tell other dealers are falling suit and lowering prices (finally) and upping the quality of support (such as speediness of shipping)

I remember waiting months for products to arrive from both Grin and Em3ev. Am I allowed to say that here?

flat tire said:

Presume: suppose that something is the case on the basis of probability. (ref Google)

This thread seems like an over-reaction, overstating "over one week" to "forever". Not much patience there. These small businesses don't always ship instantly, that's an unreasonable expectation. What does their website promise for delivery? They could communicate better, I think they are short staffed and having growth issues. They generally answer email pretty well, I've read they don't answer the phone well. They have a support ticket system, have you entered into that? Their web pages specifically indicate processes for communicating with them efficiently, and a phonecall is not it. If you don't like their preferred communication process is that a reason to slam them? Vote with your wallet.

If you have a requirement for quick delivery, that needs to be verified and possibly scheduled before placing an order with most any business that is not operating with a documented "instant fulfillment" service model.

I just reviewed the Luna website (briefly) to see if I could find any promise of shipping, I didn't find one. Some companies do make that type of promise, like Amazon or McMaster-Carr, or Uline. But they have vast inventories and large numbers of employees dedicated to lightning service, and their pricing is not rock bottom - you pay for that level of service. Not really like Lunacycle's mission. You can read the Lunacycle mission statement and see what their goals and purpose are, and it appears to be more about - actually, I'm not going to paraphrase it, go read their web pages.

The wording and design of this original posting seems to be more of an "anti vendor advertisement" rather than an "I need help resolving an issue with a vendor". Since ES is not in the advertising business (outside of the for-sale area) then this discussion could be considered inappropriate for the site.

The risk of going to alibaba will be lower? and the product get here faster? Is that documented somewhere?

So, Avoid the personal attacks, or this thread may end up locked or deleted also. Stick to the facts, and explore options to resolve the issue directly with the vendor FIRST. Using ES as a tool to defame ANY business can get into real legal issues. The thread title alone is so inflammatory it could possibly be grounds for legal action. We don't want ES to get drug into that kind of problem. That might lead to the real identities of users becoming part of public court records, and vastly more draconian moderation.

Odd but it seems that numerous other threads about other vendors didn't get the same level of attention or concern for legal ramifications. There are more, but i didnt want to waste more than 10 minutes.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=85214&p=1246824&hilit=+Dillenger+service#p1246824

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=83796&p=1227373&hilit=Bad+service#p1227373

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=88177&p=1290115&hilit=Enertion#p1290115

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=78831&p=1173305#p1173305

tomjasz said:
Odd but it seems that numerous other threads about other vendors didn't get the same level of attention or concern for legal ramifications.

"Luna Derangement Syndrome". Kind of like "Obama Derangement Syndrome" or "Trump Derangement Syndrome"!

Edit: I have to add that I am working through an issue with them on a charger I bought, and they are communicating with me smoothly enough...

slacker said:
flat tire, thanks for the personal attack. good day.

I think you invited it. A guy starts a thread about his dealings with a vendor and you jump down his throat saying he should have researched more. If threads like this weren't started there would be no source of information to research in the first place.

And just for the record, your first post was an attack on him for creating this thread! Wow, and now you think you are the victim? Unbelieveable.

Back