Luna slow and unprofessional

optimus, If you read my original response to the op it is far from jumping down his throat unless you are super sensitive. all i gave was constructive criticism. I guess that is your opinion. And no i do not think i am the victim. Seems like a lot of complaining going on around here instead of finding solutions. JMO.

slacker said:
Seems like a lot of complaining going on around here instead of finding solutions. JMO.

You might be right now that the owner of Luna is apparently no longer on this site. However, though I cannot speak for the OP, I myself only learned Luna was banned through this very thread.

Prior to his leaving the site, a comment on here was usually noticed by Luna and solutions could then be worked out.

Ypedal said:
anoNY42 said:
Prior to his leaving the site, a comment on here was usually noticed by Luna and solutions could then be worked out.

If only it were that simple... :cry:

Didn't the OP on that crazy Luna thread a while back get a refund after Luna started posting on it? I guess it was after the Luna customer support guy gave him a bunch of crap though...

Or am I mis-remembering it?

Luna didn't have the product and the guy got his money back; where's the problem? Personally, I think Luna was fortunate NOT to have him as a customer. Imagine the whining and sniveling if there was an iota of problem with the kit. Seems (to me) as though the owner of the thread (AFAICT, friend of em3ev and foe of Luna) is exposed to litigation, and fortunate that Luna is overwhelmed with orders. Time to close (maybe erase) the thread

I am going to throw in that I have been pleased by the service. He has been quick to respond to my questions and reasonably quick to sent parts (nothing broke, I just want a spare controller in my tool box).

I prefer factory direct over distributors when possible. When I have to use eBay or actual distributors, I do lots of research and price checking. I like to save as much money as I can. That way I have more for the next bike project. I build lots of them and sell most of them for the same or a little more then it takes me to build them. It is a great hobby to occupy my spare time.

I will try to assist you to learn more effectively.

You do not have to read ALL the threads involving Valdemort, just many. Read them carefully. Make Certain that you understand what ALL the words mean. Make note of those for, and against, and their attitude. Process ALL AVAILABLE information.

You should notice something ..... interesting.

Next, pay special attention to those threads wherein a user has reported good service through direct communication with the company. Read them carefully. Make Certain that you understand what ALL the words mean. Process ALL AVAILABLE information.

Again, you will notice something interesting, and also informative.

There is also a whole lot of history you can find, an opportunity to observe his efforts at communication in several forms, and the manner he conducts himself and his business affairs. This is less necessary, and not at all needed to inform a potential purchase decision, it just rounds out the picture.

Just do the first two things.

If you make the effort and still don't see it, I will offer more detailed guidance, but you are gonna have to convince me you have made the effort, I will not spoon-feed it to you.

Valdemort has recently introduced a new angle. Legal issues have been mentioned at least 3 times in the last few months. He is clearly running scared. Not only is there no reasonable legal recourse he could pursue, such a proceeding would afford the opportunity to FORCE sworn testimony from him, to be placed on the public record, and also the chance to enter a counter-suit. So, I'm all for it. Truth is an excellent defense in a defamation case, which would be the most probable attempt.

There is a potential concern, but that area has been carefully and completely seperated from this site and has no operational connection to it.

Those who threat with lawsuit to shut you off, are usually those who have something to hide. Here, when such a lawsuit case is lost in court, the claimant is usually condemned to a substantial amount as penalty for abuse of justice. It is a case that is hard to win too, with the claimant having to prove beyond all reasonable doubt that the defendant had deliberately published false informations with the premeditated intention to cause a prejudice to the claimant. The odds are not good for the claimant, and the defendant doesn't risk much even with minimalist defense.

Do Tell...
Always interested in hearing a good story. :mrgreen:

My Experience with Luna is that they shipped what I ordered quickly and when I took it apart what they said was inside was inside. I ordered 10 battery packs or so.
That said - I can attest to the difficulties of a small business... and I would not be surprised at all to hear about a week delay on an order.
When you buy from a rock-bottom-price seller you should expect things like this.

As for the Ban - yes ONE of his profiles was banned... but as you can see, and be assured... he is back and will be back in different forms.

-methods

73nosleN said:
I have decided that from this point forward I shall refer to this individual as Voldemort, as in "He whose name must not be spoken".

If you failed to see the warning signs, then you definitely need to hone your research skills. Although, somebody in management did delete a LARGE number of posts that might have helped to alert you to the problem.

It has been stated to me by a mod that he was, in fact, banned from here.

If you have any specific questions, I would be glad to share what I have learned, which is fairly extensive. Also depressing, frustrating, dissappointing, and infuriating, but, in the end, somewhat satisfying.

Only thing left to do is drive a wooden stake thru his heart. Whittling, whittling, where IS that hammer?

Below - inline edit in RED

mr.electric said:
I really hope people on ES are smart enough to read through this BS.

I don't know what happened to this place. but its getting worse and worse. I guess it really needs leadership who is not a dealer.

Justin had nothing to do with the Ban. Mods are a mixed group and I am one of them.

Pretty pathetic. One buyer bought a kit that ended up out of stock. He complained and he was refunded.

Is this the worse stone you can throw?

Not why he was banned

I have been buying EV products for years from all the biggest dealers on here and it has been nothing less than a shit show.

True lol...

A friend of mine (Eric) started Luna out of his garage. And trust me he has nothing but good intentions.

And from what i can tell other dealers are falling suit and lowering prices (finally) and upping the quality of support (such as speediness of shipping)

I remember waiting months for products to arrive from both Grin and Em3ev. Am I allowed to say that here?

You can say whatever you want. As for pricing.. Grin gives back more than they take.... and most companies are not set up to be sustainable Engineering Companies. Justin is trying to build something... An Engineering Firm... not get rich. I vetted him myself by flying all the way to Canada and staying for a week. You will get nowhere going down a path of trying to tear that man down. Basically you are comparing an engineering company to guys who buy wholesale and sell retail but have anywhere from Little to no idea what it is they are selling. These are not apples and oranges.

Business Men
Engineers
Difference

Just so you know.. Eric was posting under the name 'mr electric' ( i'm 100% certain ), which could explain a lot of what was said. We are not sure how he got the user's credentials, but there is a clear pattern of him using that account over the last year.

By the way, you can blame Eric's ban on me.. but we were all tired of seeing him trash talk every other vendor and use this place primarily for self promotion. We don't tolerate that from anyone, and i don't care how big you are.

I've unlocked this thread, banned mr. electric.. and you guys can carry on if you wish.

Thanks for unlocking this thread. In my opinion, Luna is a horribly shitty company run by shitty and dishonest people.

I'm not sure how far this thread got but Luna denied my issue and Eric's girlfriend gave a negative Google review to a completely unrelated business where I had parts shipped. That is REAL professional.

For everyone's amusement, here is a rant Eric posted (but quickly deleted) on r/ebikes:

I came into this business and it was full of people getting frocked. I entered this industry because i was sick of the hypocrisy and an obvious good ole boys club that controlled pricing everywhere.
How about $15,0000 for a 25mph 1000 watt hour noisy mid drive electric bike that looked like some dumb 80s trek (optibike)
How bout $1200 for a rebranded bbs02 tuned down to 700 watts (lectric cycles)
How about a $1200 "slim dolphin battery" with fake cells and poor construction (lectric cycles)
How about $600 for a basic hub motor with controller (ebike kit)
How about a $200 chinese controller with a clone infineon chip that me or anyone else in the “in crowd” can get for 20 bucks. (leon).
How about $900 for a 20ah china made battery with mediocre components from a white guy in china who was paying around 150 for the battery he is gouging you 900 for. (em3ev)
How about an all cell battery...made in the usa with no name china cells…. $900 for a 20ah 48v pack and a 30ah discharge rate. (allcell)
How about 150 for a dashboard that cost maybe $15 to make (cycle analyst) and the most ridiculous ever…. A $300 power supply with the most difficult to use interface ever. Oh how do you guys like spending $25 on proprietary cables that should cost $5 (ebikes.ca)
How about triangle bags for $80? (all of the above)
How do you guys like spending $160 on a “bafang tool kit” that you can now get from me made in the usa for $20.
How about fast hub motor kits (e-scooter hub motors wtih bicycle axles) that weigh 30 pounds and should cost under $100…. Charge the community price $800 for motor and controller….
How about an “fast ebole” LA company that sales hub motor bikes all over ebay for $5k that is the same thing luna sales for 2.5k. I wont mention their name out of respect.
How about $3000 for the most popular ebike in the USA which i can get for $600 and could get for $600 4 years ago….. And it sucks….rear hub motor rear mounted battery pack, shitty interface… but it has a pretty cool color scheme. Again wont metion their name.
Are you kidding me? You got frocked from luna cycles because you paid $350 for a 3000 watt mid drive kit because it does not mount up right. How we sent it to you is the latest and greatest cyclone kit and i can show emails from cyclone owner “paco” this is exactly how it is suppose to mount up without the fuckign spacer.
Send us the kit back we send you back your money….
And then go find the great white hope somewhere else.

editor's note: they eventually sent me the correct parts and the motor works. I didn't want a refund, I just wanted the motor and accessories as advertised. I absolutely did not have the correct parts when this post was made. Idiot owner denies the incompetence of his employees and blames the customer. Typical. If they'd sent me the right parts in the first place, or even during the second "fix it" shipment there would have been no issue. It took a reddit thread and weeks to make things right, and Luna denied their fuckup the whole time. Amazing.
If you are trying to get more than you paid because you got all this wasted time and effort because you decided to buy a clearly labeled back ordered item then this is the lamest shakedown of all history.
Go buy the kit straight from cyclone and see how far you get. Please post your experience here.
In fact why doesnt everyone start posting their ebike horror story here… .
I hear them everyday…. This is a dirty industry…
I am telling you guys… i have no idea who i would buy from … i wouldnt know who to recommend.
I am glad some of the vendors above are starting to pick up their game….
And starting to offer better products at better pricing.
But for right now i am so proud of the company i build from my garage in hawthorne.
And i have been scorned from the big players in this industry in this industry from the beginning and thanks to karma.... things are still good.
we were turned into the DOT for shipping violations that all of the above companies are guilty of (especially the foreign ones)
we have proof of professional ebike trolls.
I can say this there is no ebike company that i would rather be.... we are new ...we are usa based...and yes we are a factory and make many of our products here and employ americans.
If there is someone else good out there in the ebiek business...please reach out to me.
If you are a buyer.... watch yourself.... this industry is full of snakes.

I'm new on this forum and must say, you guys are out for blood, holy shiot. I've dealt with Luna and ebike.ca and I gotta tell ya, I have never had a problem with either one. As a matter of fact they are the only two companies I deal with and not the first problem. Perhaps it's not them that are the problem. I'd say that both Eric at Luna and Justin at ebike.ca are geniuses in their own way. I don't think either one of them are out to screw anyone over. Shiot happens.

Registered just to post in this thread? Hmm, interesting. What could that mean? :D Anyway ebikes.ca is the shit. They have the very best support and customer service. I give ebikes.ca 5/5 stars.

Luna on the other hand sent me an incomplete order, an incorrect replacement even with a highlighted picture, and with the problem having dragged on for weeks with no resolution I went public. Consequently the owner of the company went on the record to lie and completely invent a story about what happened, blaming me for the problem! Absolutely unprofessional and the worst customer service possible.

ERP said:
I'm new on this forum and must say, you guys are out for blood, holy shiot. I've dealt with Luna and ebike.ca and I gotta tell ya, I have never had a problem with either one. As a matter of fact they are the only two companies I deal with and not the first problem. Perhaps it's not them that are the problem. I'd say that both Eric at Luna and Justin at ebike.ca are geniuses in their own way. I don't think either one of them are out to screw anyone over. Shiot happens.
Agreed. I've gotten great stuff from both companies.

ERP said:
So you missed the slam on eBikes.ca?

Speaking of processing ALL AVAILABLE information...
Have a second read of this posting - Which may have been modified before we put the Edit tracking up... as I have no recollection of it.

Look how carefully that is worded
How many 5 post Lurks do you see around who can write like that???

I know Lawyers who can write like that. :mrgreen:

Meh
Eric of Luna is definitely more focused on us than we are focused on him. I think of him only when I see these postings. If he simply continues to do business... then he will continue to profit... from this sites existence.

If in any way, he believes that this site is not a MAJOR SEED to his business, then he is delusional.

Forums like Endless-Sphere are what create businesses like Luna... otherwise... they would just be another page ... in the endless sea of pages :pancake:

There is no ban, that I am aware of, against officers of Luna handing customer support and replying to threads like this.
The only bans I am aware of are for "going agro" and those are personal bans - like being thrown out of a bar for fighting too much.

Imagine Luna hires a pretty 22yo who is friendly
Imagine that person opens an ES account
Imagine that person acknowledges threads like these and snaps them off

Usually... all folks are looking for... is some one on one customer support.

Carry on

-methods

73nosleN said:
I will try to assist you to learn more effectively.

You do not have to read ALL the threads involving Valdemort, just many. Read them carefully. Make Certain that you understand what ALL the words mean. Make note of those for, and against, and their attitude. Process ALL AVAILABLE information.

You should notice something ..... interesting.

Next, pay special attention to those threads wherein a user has reported good service through direct communication with the company. Read them carefully. Make Certain that you understand what ALL the words mean. Process ALL AVAILABLE information.

Again, you will notice something interesting, and also informative.

There is also a whole lot of history you can find, an opportunity to observe his efforts at communication in several forms, and the manner he conducts himself and his business affairs. This is less necessary, and not at all needed to inform a potential purchase decision, it just rounds out the picture.

Just do the first two things.

If you make the effort and still don't see it, I will offer more detailed guidance, but you are gonna have to convince me you have made the effort, I will not spoon-feed it to you.

Valdemort has recently introduced a new angle. Legal issues have been mentioned at least 3 times in the last few months. He is clearly running scared. Not only is there no reasonable legal recourse he could pursue, such a proceeding would afford the opportunity to FORCE sworn testimony from him, to be placed on the public record, and also the chance to enter a counter-suit. So, I'm all for it. Truth is an excellent defense in a defamation case, which would be the most probable attempt.

There is a potential concern, but that area has been carefully and completely seperated from this site and has no operational connection to it.

Thanks for the reminder Fechter

My only intention in this thread is to make sure that Vendors have a vector to provide positive and proactive customer service.
I have come to the conclusion (myself) that altho Eric may not be around, that an officer of Luna can be, so things should be good.

I do tend to agree with Thunder -

Since we have to mop up the mess when vendors dive-bomb out of business it is fair to have a public airing of business practices which are sustainable vs un-sustainable. This should lead us to a better set of metrics by which to determine how we will recommend companies (as members, not as any sort of officers).

Who is Cheapest?
What is the risk associated?

Who carries the lowest risk?
What is the cost associated?

I tend to lean toward avoiding all of that by assuming anything I buy will have to be modified -
and that - is in the ethos of the forum... to learn thru trail, error, and modification.

It seems... that most of the "rag threads" come from folks expecting a "turn-key" experience.

From a Vendor I expect prompt turn-around
(and that is why I am not a vendor anymore... I ran my self out of business)

Ok - I am off to the beach.

-methods

Back