Vector bike and frame owners.

Another great product...

Changed to maxxis hookworms upfront, steering and rolling resistance decreased with 55 psi of air, with the addition of 100 more psi in the fork the front end feels much better on the road.
20170524_224430-1209x1612_zpsh6bgxod3.jpg

Tried removing the rear wheel today, unfinished job.
Took me 5 hours, 12 bicycle tire levers and some blood and skin before realising that it wont work and gave up.
Going to get a couple tire spoons sometime and change them later on, for now i will just run through the stock tire.

abahanad said:
Tried removing the rear wheel today, unfinished job.
Took me 5 hours, 12 bicycle tire levers and some blood and skin before realising that it wont work and gave up.
Going to get a couple tire spoons sometime and change them later on, for now i will just run through the stock tire.

I have tried that before - mission impossible. Thats a motorcycle wheel - so you and me and every following guy with that idea will need some motorcycle tools. Thats a thing: you need both tools: Bicycle, and motorcycle ones as it has components of both :pancake: Has cost me 3 or 5 bicycle tire levers and some bear to realise that too.. Just didnt mentioned that here yet. Maybe I could have saved you some swet.. :roll: :lol: :pancake:

Go get yourself some good motorcycle tire levers and of course rim protectors.
Once you did it several times, it is easy to do.

Get rid of that crappy trekking stem, use a short 40 to 50mm one, it will improve the handling drastically.

I have to tell you that at least the front fender wont save you from water, mud and dirt.
Its way to short........i had to learn that, mine is longer and still too short.
The tire will throw the stuff at your frame and legs.

Look at Merlins bike.......his fenders are perfect.

Wohow.. I didnt realised that stem before.. That looks like the one of my grandmas bicycle lol..
Nah, just kidding. Im joking around but for a bike with such a weight a shorter one would be better for tight turns.

ziltoid81 said:
Go get yourself some good motorcycle tire levers and of course rim protectors.
Once you did it several times, it is easy to do.

Get rid of that crappy trekking stem, use a short 40 to 50mm one, it will improve the handling drastically.

I have to tell you that at least the front fender wont save you from water, mud and dirt.
Its way to short........i had to learn that, mine is longer and still too short.
The tire will throw the stuff at your frame and legs.

Look at Merlins bike.......his fenders are perfect.

I actually really like the handling with this setup, and the longer stem suits my size i also have the seat all the way back, and gives me a perfect riding position ( i did try a 40mm one for 3 miles and hated it)
Actually the riding position and feel feels like a short chopper bike with low handles.

For mud guards i wont realy use the bike on mud or drive fast while the roads are wet, my other bikes with much shorter guards (relative to wheel size) do the job just fine.

Yea i did order motorcycle tire levers, i just thought that it might work... as dasdouble said mission impossible.

Will also be changing the dropper post to a normal layback one.

DasDouble said:
Im getting annoyed of this. Could we please turn of the fire catching bullshit theme? I want to read about experiences and know how of other riders who own a Vector, ´cause this is a "Vector bike and frame owner" - thread. If you want to talk stuff about other things, open a WhatsApp Group or whatever you want. I want to be messaged when something for me personally import gets written here. Dot.
Just reading and looked at one of the photos of an early battery from this bunch and fore should be a consideration. I apologize, but new battery builders are a great source of errors. I'm kinda frantic looking hg for the fire video of a steel box that was vented.

tomjasz said:
DasDouble said:
Im getting annoyed of this. Could we please turn of the fire catching bullshit theme? I want to read about experiences and know how of other riders who own a Vector, ´cause this is a "Vector bike and frame owner" - thread. If you want to talk stuff about other things, open a WhatsApp Group or whatever you want. I want to be messaged when something for me personally import gets written here. Dot.
Just reading and looked at one of the photos of an early battery from this bunch and fore should be a consideration. I apologize, but new battery builders are a great source of errors. I'm kinda frantic looking hg for the fire video of a steel box that was vented.

Yeah, I have learned from Allex answer on my pic. I have to admit that the design I showed there was really bad lol.. I have updatet it. Now I can push up to 225 amps per pack without breaking a sweat 8)

After an hour of fitting the tire with car tire levers, i finally finished but with a broken tube.
Probably broke because of how much fiddling i did .

Anyway the bike will be on hold for a couple of days until the motorcycle shop opens.

The tire, even tho its advertised as 3 inch has an outer width of 3.75 (deflated) with room to spare , a bit less than half an inch on each side.
Also its much longer , dont have a meter to get the full diameter but while deflated it stands 1.2 inch higher than the stock inflated tire.

The vector drove 144km in the past few days, it is simply perfect for all around the city daily commute, battery still has charge , adaptto says 85 km remaining.
The only thing this bike need is a stiffer suspension.
The fork is almost perfect at 200psi, dont know the limit of this dnm fork but a bit more pressure would be nice.

Will also preload the rear shock, if that didnt solve the problem i might end up fitting 2 shocks or a single motorcycle shock, i dont need all the adjustability.

abahanad said:
After an hour of fitting the tire with car tire levers, i finally finished but with a broken tube.

Did you use any lubricant while fitting the tire? I find Windex works a treat, especially when you start getting the wire bead pretty tight.

Sean9002 said:
abahanad said:

Did you use any lubricant while fitting the tire? I find Windex works a treat, especially when you start getting the wire bead pretty tight.

Sadly i didnt do that, will do tommorow once i get the tube.

Finally, wheel installed and ready.
No more sliding on wet roads, today was wet enough to confirm that, will need to install the mudguards now.

Hi, can anyone tell me the rear brake line length for the Vector please? and what weight have your own builds ended up weighing with what battery? I'm most likely going to end up with a 24s x 20s 18650's battery so 480 cells, so the battery will be about 22kg's not light :(

Hardergamer said:
Hi, can anyone tell me the rear brake line length for the Vector please? and what weight have your own builds ended up weighing with what battery? I'm most likely going to end up with a 24s x 20s 18650's battery so 480 cells, so the battery will be about 22kg's not light :(

I will measure.

Hardergamer said:
Did you measure the brake line, Artur? :)
Just a tip, get your brake lines in full length and then cut to size and bleed.
Because everyone runs a different hight stem and handlebar, i run the longest handlebar i found, 800mm and the stock vector brake lines where way too short for my liking so i removed them and installed full length lines and cut to the propper length.

Hi, thank you, but i'm going to have my lines made for me, (crimped ends etc) i only need the stock length then i can work out the length i need. :wink:

abahanad said:
Hardergamer said:
Did you measure the brake line, Artur? :)
Just a tip, get your brake lines in full length and then cut to size and bleed.
Because everyone runs a different hight stem and handlebar, i run the longest handlebar i found, 800mm and the stock vector brake lines where way too short for my liking so i removed them and installed full length lines and cut to the propper length.

DasDouble said:
@Hertzelz I don´t think so. My 18" x 3.5" do already barely fit into the swingarm. I have space of about 0.2mm on each side of the rim I guess. Impossible with 19".

Edit: Maybe with a wider swingarm, it could be possible. One for fatbike tires for example. Ask Artur for that.

Anyone know where I can buy an 18" x 3" tyre and suitable tube for my rear wheel?

Also looking for a front wheel: 18" with tyre and tube....

liamcaff said:
DasDouble said:
@Hertzelz I don´t think so. My 18" x 3.5" do already barely fit into the swingarm. I have space of about 0.2mm on each side of the rim I guess. Impossible with 19".

Edit: Maybe with a wider swingarm, it could be possible. One for fatbike tires for example. Ask Artur for that.

Anyone know where I can buy an 18" x 3" tyre and suitable tube for my rear wheel?

Also looking for a front wheel: 18" with tyre and tube....

I have bought mine from ebay. Only from ebay. Amazon de doesnt offers something like that I think. But Amazon com does.

Back