LMX P2 : Freeride trials motorcycle frame development

Nice work, but what about that rear fat wheel? grip and stability is OK? I feel there is always a bit too much bouncing around with this kind of baloon tires.

What kind of battery cap do you have in here?

Hi Adam, it is a 24*4.0 so not too fat. Between the swingarm I could even put a 26*5.0. For Trial biking it behaves just perfekt. For singletrail down I can either pump it up or take my other 24*3.0 wheel. But honestly, for singletrial upwards it is the best I had. Battery is 16Ah / 92V nominal. and there is space for another 36Vs. Those were the ones I had around from my previous prototype (the green one), they can take 450Amps pulse amps.

@Parabellum: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=57877
It can easily take another 6 FETs on top or drive TO247 FETs :) There is also a minimization project somewhere in the forum, I currently go with the original PCB.

?? Somehow I forgot how to upload an image instead of attachment into the reply :-(

Ongoing production batch at the workshop :

Also laced up a 21" moto wheel to test is with a 2.75" SR241 tire, it does not fit well in most 26" forks, it can fit in a 27.5" fork tho. We should have a 21-2.5" SR241 for testing in about one month. Weight penalty compared to a 26" front wheel setup is 3KG with the 2.75 tire! Worse than what I expected...

what is the seat height (from ground to seat) on the new 161 ? is it adjustable by using longer/shorter rear shock?
what is the seat height different compare to P2.3? same?
thanks

Hi, the seat height in high position is 90cm in high position, about 86-85 in low position, there is 2 postion for the rear suvframe and seat. The shock length is fixed at 240mm. Longer or shorter shock would completely change the suspension behavior, a shorter shock could damage the linkage. Seat height on the 2.3 frames was about 88-90 cm

Update from production + two of our test bikes
One of the test bike has a 30Q pack and the other a 1 year old PF pack, low RPM is similar but the 30Q packs more punch higher in the RPM range, bigger power wheelies :)

bzhwindtalker said:
One of the test bike has a 30Q pack and the other a 1 year old PF pack, low RPM is similar but the 30Q packs more punch higher in the RPM range, bigger power wheelies :)

Extremely well done, you have achieved what many dream of, making a living from what you love to do. Congratulation :D

Ratking said:
bzhwindtalker said:

Extremely well done, you have achieved what many dream of, making a living from what you love to do. Congratulation :D
Thanks, It's not easy every day! But we get to make cool bikes and that is worth the effort.
Now the focus is on homologation and industrialisation of our production

Any infos yet on the performance of the larger motor? :twisted:
And how does the igus bearings work on the linkage?

Ratking said:

+1

edit:
another question:
would 21700 cells fit into the actual frame (Samsung 30T would be LiPo like in terms of power), or what are the internal dimensions of the battery box?

Ratking said:
bzhwindtalker said:

I'll second that. So impressed and honored to have seen you start building bikes and then turn this into a product that rivals all others on the market.

You and your partners will go far in business.

Tom

litespeed said:
Ratking said:
bzhwindtalker said:

I'll second that. So impressed and honored to have seen you start building bikes and then turn this into a product that rivals all others on the market.

You and your partners will go far in business.

Tom

3rd that! So jelly

Thanks Guys, as for living from it, well lets say i'm betting on the future for now :roll:
With My engineering degree and experience I could easily be doing 45K€/year in any decent company, but at least now I get to create something radically new.

We are basically a 2 guys team trying to match or best efforts from all of the big company and teams, that is no easy task!! We have 2 trainees in mechanical and product design joining the team from September that should help spread the workload, especially for the development of new test benchs for battery and engines.

Yesterday one of our first customers for a complete bike visited us again 1 year after picking up his bike, we did maintenance checks on the bike with modification of the motor axle to the new design and bearings change to SKF ones. bike has 66 cycles, 1600 km of hard offroad, going on his 4th back tire and 3rd set of brake pads :)

IMG_20170701_111054.jpg
View attachment 2
IMG_20170701_114751.jpg
IMG_20170701_132103.jpg

madin88 said:
Any infos yet on the performance of the larger motor? :twisted:
And how does the igus bearings work on the linkage?

edit:
another question:
would 21700 cells fit into the actual frame (Samsung 30T would be LiPo like in terms of power), or what are the internal dimensions of the battery box?

Hi, the new motor has similar power but the heat levels are a lot more in control, making power delivery more consistant. Cruising at 50kph takes 1.2kw

The igus linkages are working out so far, no play on our test bike unit, tested also for 20km offroad with me+my girl+bag and camera about 130kg load

The battery box fits 16S9P of 2170, so about 3kwh if using the best 5.2AH cells

i'm absolutely amazed!

bzhwindtalker said:

whats the interior width of the battery box?

bzhwindtalker said:

Great to hear you are looking at the new cells, and to see how much more capacity they can pack in the same volume!!
3kWh in that box is pretty sweet :)

Are these already available, and if so, can you comment on how much more expensive they are compared to the traditional 18650?

Keep up the great work!

We opened preorders for the street legal L1E-B 45km/h moped LMX 161.
http://www.lmxbikes.com/en/full-lmx-bike/88-lmx-161-moto-freeride.html

Basically you can get a full options LMX 161-H from 4450€+VAT. Or you can choose to pay 500€ deposit now and book your spot in the first batch along with a substancial discount.

Public list price after the campain will be 6500€+Vat

The first batch of LMX 161-H will ship in May 2018 after passing all tests. We already started working with the homologation agency and we are now finalising the street legal wiring and details. Main toughts points left to adress will be EMC testing and sealing the deal with the frame maker (going there end of sept).

The component set is also pretty much final as far as wheels/battery/suspension/brakes/controller/motor/transmisson. All main components have been tested and abused for a few months now, we resolved quite a few issues like the motor axle and drivetrain, tweaked the linkage curves a few times. Plastics and decals will evolve a bit from now to delivery.

Beginning of October, we will open the same preorder deal on a crowdfunding campain, with limited quantities for each option, but taking the preorder direct on the website saves us 5-8% of fees...

Hope It may interest some here :) L1e-B will open a lot or riding opportunities.

View attachment 1

Final compoment set will be like this one but with the additional mendatory equipement :

Hi,
did you switched from 415# chain to 219# in newer model? It must be due better gear ratio with more teet on the rear sprocket?

I'm interested to see if carbon belt sees some action, nice and quiet like the new zero bikes.

Hello

Amazing work!!!
For next future its available a cromoly frame?
Do you have available the same motor and seat post of161 on your website?
Wich is the axle improvement from the old one?

Back