My Chinese Ebay Build

Tires wheels and Mudhugger installed. The mudhugger was having clearance issue with the chain with the mtb wheels but the moto wheel smaller radius allowed to mount lip inside and under the swing arm giving the needed clearance. This is the long fender that is available. I will test the bike today on rougher terrain than I normally run to be sure the wheels and spokes are ok. I like the look.

Attachments

• IMG_5150.JPG
    IMG_5150.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 5,280
This bike works so much better with the new tires. The control and I feel way more confident soaks up all the pot holes and bad road. I also moved the 48T sprocket into the middle for alignment to the chain and the cadence is about perfect for what I want. New hardened chain for the high km also added.

Attachments

• IMG_5152.JPG
    IMG_5152.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 5,269
Hows your rear air suspension holding up?
Last year I used a rockshox but it was too much bike to handle constantly bottom out. Coil/oil seems to work better this year.

BeachRider2016 said:
Hows your rear air suspension holding up?
Last year I used a rockshox but it was too much bike to handle constantly bottom out. Coil/oil seems to work better this year.
Great so far its a $50 used one from local bike shop. I have not bottomed out yet but biggest ting I have gone over is curbs and stairs.

Couple packages this week. Horn I will mount on the weekend and a new stem. The stem is a BMX stem with 1 1/8 mount, this will allow me to mount standard MX bars if I find a set I like.

Attachments

• IMG_5153.JPG
    IMG_5153.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 5,252
I have found my swing arm bushing is getting sloppy already will pull apart and maybe make better bushing on the weekend or I might just build bearing set for it.

The moto wheels pull about an extra 3AH over 32km round trip for work, with me pedaling a lot more now with better 48T front chain ring.

Swing arm bushing tightened up with no issue.

I had my first run in with the local police. This is how it went.

Biking home 11:30 pm tonight pull up to red light, as I sit there a cruiser with the push bar very slow in my peripheral. I start to think here we go first chat.

Officer- grinning ear to ear "WOW! I was wondering how you got up those hills so fast"
Me "yup I have to pedal a lot but it works great"
Officer " Wow that's fantastic it looks awesome"
Me -feeling relived " Ya its way better then those cheap scooters I used to drive!"

Light turns green I go straight he turns, still huge a grin on his face. I am very happy with my first chat with the locals.

I have a legal tune in the golden motor. I am enjoying the exercise the fantastic ride the looks and smiles I get every time I drive it. When I drove the store bought scooters I got hate every time I drove it and the change is nice. :)

Well I have 2000-2400 km on the bike and it has been very uneventful. The bike is working great rides nice no big issues not really any little ones either.

I have the relay installed for the brake lights now so I thought I would post it. The relays are about $1 each on Ebay so I bought 10.
They are iso relays and are 12v powered and will switch up to 10amp @ 250vac and 15 amp @ 125vac. They will take hi level trigger and low level trigger
changed via pin connector. There have been several questions about this on the facebook page so I will post my wiring layout. I have also added a Breaker instead of a fuse I will post pics in the next couple days. The relay has green LED lit when power is on and red LED lit also when trigger is applied for easy diagnostics.

Attachments

• IMG_5156.JPG
    IMG_5156.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 5,079
The 50amp thermal ac/dc breaker. Waterproof up under seat mount.

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    174.2 KB · Views: 3,742
  • IMG_5158.JPG
    IMG_5158.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 5,046
kneedeep said:
The moto wheels pull about an extra 3AH over 32km round trip for work, with me pedaling a lot more now with better 48T front chain ring.

Im surprised it takes that much more power to spin those things.. I'm always thinking of upgrading to moto rims but that rotating mass and weight gain hurts to think about. But since its already over 100lbs you are well in the moto territory!

skeetab5780 said:
kneedeep said:

Im surprised it takes that much more power to spin those things.. I'm always thinking of upgrading to moto rims but that rotating mass and weight gain hurts to think about. But since its already over 100lbs you are well in the moto territory!
It is very well worth it as I was too heavy for the mtb tires. The ride quality alone if nothing else.
That AH# is a closest guess as I am judging by the charge going into the battery.

kneedeep said:
skeetab5780 said:
kneedeep said:

It is very well worth it as I was too heavy for the mtb tires. The ride quality alone if nothing else.
That AH# is a closest guess as I am judging by the charge going into the battery.

Yes I agree over 100lbs and riding on bicycle wheels is like gambling with your life! But on the other hand if the build was overly light weight putting moto tires on it would be a buzz kill

skeetab5780 said:
kneedeep said:
skeetab5780 said:
kneedeep said:

Yes I agree over 100lbs and riding on bicycle wheels is like gambling with your life! But on the other hand if the build was overly light weight putting moto tires on it would be a buzz kill
I agree totally and a lighter DOT set on my bike would make mine better but I do like the cushy ride. There are perfect tires out there in the places that have so many mopeds that we just don't know about.

Larseren said:
kneedeep said:
Swing arm bushing tightened up with no issue.

How do you tighten the swing arm bushing, are you supposed to tighten it down real hard or just loose?
My guess is the bushing is tapered. I loosen the nut then re tighten and the play goes away. the play has not come back so I assume it needed to settle into place.
I will investigate more this winter when the bike is tore down. It does take a lot of force to tighten I might add. But swing arm moves freely.

Back