Preowned Model S at EXTREMELY low cost

dirkdiggler said:
?..... With the Tesla cars, we either will get battery failure or drive unit issues. The bearing problem has been fixed and although I don't know the actual cost, it is covered under the 8 yr warranty. As it was a simple bearing replacement, I woulhd imagine the cost to be fairly minimal. Same with the battery being covered under warranty. You should not have any other significant issues with the vehicle. Much less than a comparable mileage ICE, where you have to worry about belts, coolant system, engine, spark plugs, exhaust, oil pump, fuel pump and the other 4,000 moving parts. As a whole the Telsa will end up with much less maintenance then a similar high end used vehicle. ..
Any vehicle maintenance costs are mostly labour/time $$$s
Modern ice's are very reliable , 100-200k miles can be expected without major work beyond routine checks anf lubricants etc. ICE vehicle knowhow is everywhere and competitive, compared to EV know how, or authorised service with the consequent cost premium.
Let us know how any major repairs or battery replacement costs work out for you.
Ironically, of the ICE' s that i have had in the past 10 years, the only parts that have failed under the hood, have been the starter batteries....they are in my experience, the most unreliable part on any car....guaranteed to fail within 4-5 years ! :lol:

On the topic of cars as an investment. All cars are bad investments! But, I think Tesla has a lot more image recognition today than most people realize. I have been watching the latest episodes of The Ranch and in the new episode they are going to sell a bar to put in an electric charging station..LOL But, I live in a redneck New Mexico and some of the funny statements I have heard about the new Tesla charging "It's a scam." "Can't be real". Anyway the point I am trying to make is that there is a sort of ruggedness albeit geeky ruggedness in being an early adopter to electric transportation. If I had the money and wanted to attract chicks I would buy a P100D, because there is a real prick in the bar that I hang out in that thinks his Camaro is really fast :lol:

Not all cars are bad investments.
Veteran, Vintage, and Classics, can be some of the best financial investments you ever make !
..But for sure buying a new Ford repmobile isnt going to make you a fortune !
Maybe those early serial number Tesla Roadsters migh be a good bet ??

Hillhater said:
Not all cars are bad investments.
Veteran, Vintage, and Classics, can be some of the best financial investments you ever make !
..But for sure buying a new Ford repmobile isnt going to make you a fortune !
Maybe those early serial number Tesla Roadsters migh be a good bet ??
Chattel.

Back