HPC Revolution frame price!

Newagebike

10 W
While I was looking into frames for my build I looked into the HPC Revolution frame which is aluminum, this is what intrigued me. Well I found out they want $3,500 for the frame :roll:

I am sorry but $3,500 for a frame alone is crazy, when I emailed them I was thinking maybe $800-$1500 man was I off.

are you sure thats not a rolling stock, or with shocks? That said, the LMX isn't much cheaper, i think thats about 2.5k... and while i dont have a price on mine yet its not likely gonna be sub 1.5k, much less 1k :p

At that price though i'd get a FUTR from hyena or similar, with a far bit to spare.

It's made in small quantities and there is the usual HPC markup added.

There are tons of other frames out there which are as good or better for less money.

sn0wchyld said:
are you sure thats not a rolling stock, or with shocks? That said, the LMX isn't much cheaper, i think thats about 2.5k... and while i dont have a price on mine yet its not likely gonna be sub 1.5k, much less 1k :p

At that price though i'd get a FUTR from hyena or similar, with a far bit to spare.

Yes that is for the frame, swing arms, carbon sidings and paint any color per their response email to me.

sn0wchyld said:

2.5k is with 20% EU VAT and includes motor and complete drivetrain ;)

Good work on that frame of yours btw ;)

bzhwindtalker said:
sn0wchyld said:

ah my bad, yea couldnt recall if it was the frame only. i like the look of your guys new motor too. any chance youll be selling it as a standalone?
and cheers, hoping to make some actual parts for it this week! its only taken me 5 years hahah.

bzhwindtalker said:
sn0wchyld said:

Per the email from HPC the frame,swing arm cost $3,500 and they will paint it. That is all you get. It is not rolling stock.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

IF they are successfully commanding the 'ultimate' prices with happy retained customers, I say kudos to them. Some might deal with high volume and cut corners in more ways, like going light or being more 'selective' with customer service/ quality.

My trade is unrelated, but as an 'owner' of multiple endeavors I prefer the former model.

Just know the steel EEB frame/swing arm is just 10 lbs heavier @22 lbs and cost under $600 shipped.

Food for thought.

Hello all,
We had a sale initially on some first run Revolutions, but now we are not really selling frame kits except for special circumstances. With the amount of CNC work and making it in the USA, it becomes prohibitively expensive to sell as a frame alone, especially since we only build 20 sets at a time. Revolutions are very dialed in now, and people who understand geometry and suspension characteristics will appreciate the engineering behind this bike. It is not just a shape made to look cool with rudimentary suspension design.

We are excited to add between 3 and 5 USA engineered and made frames for 2018. We have some really cool USA bikes with batteries, motor, FOC controller, and frame all designed and made in America. Shooting for a $5,999 price target (ready to ride) and designed foremost for the Military. We will offer to civilian market as well. We are trying to figure out how to drive costs down enough to offer it with a Pinion gearbox built in!

Newagebike said:
Just know the steel EEB frame/swing arm is just 10 lbs heavier @22 lbs and cost under $600 shipped.

Food for thought.

In bike world, saving 10 lbs can cost a fortune. It is all about how light you are already. Saving 10 lbs off a 22 lbs frame is pretty easy, and can even be done with considerable improvements. Saving one pound off an 8 lbs DH racing frame and still retaining its torsion stiffness, does require lots of research and $$$. We pay 1000$ to save one pound off a fork, when we need the extra power that one less pound will give us, and the agility that saving it off the front will result.

Your thought. Not the thought of everyone. Cheap Chinese frames are not only heavier. As long as you know what you are buying, it's your choice by your requirements about weight, material, welding, precision, reliability, garantee, etc...

The EEB frame is well known and been used by many, even HPC makes a bike using that frame. 10lb is nothing in this class. We could debt it to the ends and all it would take is a person 10lbs heavier to prove it makes no difference.

Back