QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

madin88 said:
QSMOTOR said:
The first batch of our QS MOTOR 205 1000W 35H V1 135 dropout e-bike spoke motor has produced already now.

Good news!

After several months developing, the new mold is finally completed. Also, we will finish the first batch of 50units QS MOTOR 205 1000W 35H V1 135 dropout e-bike spoke motors at the middle of June, 2017. They’re available for everyone now. : )

after reading "several month of developing" i really thought it will have at least one outstanding feature (lower weight, or better efficiency), but what is this?? :lol:
the only good thing is the price, but i think it won't sell well here in the sphere as there are better alternatives in this powerclass :p
Hi, thanks for the support.
We have some views for your comments:
1. Regard Power
1Kw is only rated power for this motor. And in some condition, the peak power could reach to 2~2.5Kw.
2. Advantage:
Here are some other outsanding features for this motor:
1. Add Thermic Probe to protect motor from overheating.
2. 0.35 laminations for better efficiency (instead of 0.5mm).
3. Improve painting quality to avoid scratch.
4. Change new security Torx screw, for CE certification (not cut someone when touch it).
5. Optimizing structural design

3. After sold out this batch of motors, we probably plan to develope V2 type 1000W motor.(Customer's feedback is very important for us to make final decision)
Replace the steel core stator with aluminum core stator.
V2 type will have stronger configuration, more cooper, thicker section surface, energy saving in usage.

Furthermore, would you like to inform me what's your better alternatives?

Anyway, thank you very much for your comments.

If any questions, Pls. feel free to leave word to us.

Thanks & Best regards.

in a ~9kg range?
pretty sure you know your competitors....if we talk about 1000w nominal everyone could go with a 4,5kg geared hub.
9kw motors are the MXUS v3 territory. needless to say that these motors peaking +10kw and doing 3kw continue without any sweat.

2kg less weight (in real) would be a good start for a "V2" of your version. just my .02

View attachment 24X5T Battery Current 100 Phase Current 250-.pdf
Merlin said:
in a ~9kg range?
pretty sure you know your competitors....if we talk about 1000w nominal everyone could go with a 4,5kg geared hub.
9kw motors are the MXUS v3 territory. needless to say that these motors peaking +10kw and doing 3kw continue without any sweat.

2kg less weight (in real) would be a good start for a "V2" of your version. just my .02
Hello Merlin,

Thanks for your kinldy comments.

Yes, we know the geared hub motor has lighter weight than our motor.
However, we pretty sure that our motor will have better performance than geared hub motor.
Not only the speed & torque, but also for the efficiency & heat dissipation performance...

Furthermore, as for MXUS V3 9kw motor, it's similar to our QS 205 3kw e-bike spoke hub motor.
If you have interested, you could have a look at below product link:
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/QS%20Motor%20500W-3000W%20205%2014kW%20Peak%20Brushless%20DC%20Electric%20Bike%20Bicycle%20Spoke%20Hub%20Motor%20For%20Bike/536.html
By the way, from our test and customer's feedback, the peak power for our 205 3kW motor could reach to 14Kw(for a few seconds), as well as it's easy for him to work in 3Kw continue rated power.
You could refer attached test report.

P.s.: If it's convenience, is it possible for you to share their motor's test report to us?

Have a nice day!

Thanks!!

Would the 3000w with the high torque winding be any good for a gas gas trials bike conversion at 48v?

Interesting, their ad https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/QS6000W-Electric-Bike-Conversion-Kits-with-QS205-50H-V3-E-Bike-Hub-Motor-and-Kelly-controller/109978_32812934878.html states the winding can be customised for either, high torque, balanced or high speed. Any idea what they mean by that? any idea if one will be 'punchy' enough for a trials bike of around 80kg, not sure how much it will be without the engine in.

bigpie said:
Interesting, their ad https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/QS6000W-Electric-Bike-Conversion-Kits-with-QS205-50H-V3-E-Bike-Hub-Motor-and-Kelly-controller/109978_32812934878.html states the winding can be customised for either, high torque, balanced or high speed. Any idea what they mean by that? any idea if one will be 'punchy' enough for a trials bike of around 80kg, not sure how much it will be without the engine in.

if you can decide on the winding, you should better see it like you can customize that kind of motor to operate it either at lower volts and higher amps (least turns), or at higher volts and lower amps (most turns).
Given that copper fill is identical, the heat generated in the windings at gived torque output is similar.

riba2233 said:
bigpie said:
high torque winding

There is no such thing, motor has same torque capability no matter what winding.
Yes, you're right.

bigpie said:
Would the 3000w with the high torque winding be any good for a gas gas trials bike conversion at 48v?
Hi,

The torque capability is same for each winding motor.
According to our test, for 3kW 50H V3 motor, the max. torque could reach to 180.0N.m.

Thanks,

bigpie said:
Hi,

It's true that we can customize the winding.
You can advise your battery voltage and speed requirement to us, then we can recommend you most suitable winding.
As the weight of your trials bike is 80kg(Total weight with rider will be 150-160kg), we think our 3kW motor could be "punchy" enough to climb hill terrain.

P.s.: The weight for this motor is 13.5kg.

Thanks,

madin88 said:
bigpie said:

if you can decide on the winding, you should better see it like you can customize that kind of motor to operate it either at lower volts and higher amps (least turns), or at higher volts and lower amps (most turns).
Given that copper fill is identical, the heat generated in the windings at gived torque output is similar.
Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Best regards,

QSMOTOR said:
bigpie said:
Hi,

The torque capability is same for each winding motor.
According to our test, for 3kW 50H V3 motor, the max. torque could reach to 180.0N.m.

Thanks,
If wheel size is the same for the 3kw 50H V3,

If the motor is ridden at 30kmh up a hill on different windings, which motor turn count will heat up the least?

Is it the 7t?

Or do all the different winding motors require the same torque or amount of power, so the same amount of heat will happen in every winding at low speeds?

Are you saying the volt and amp ratio makes no difference to heat in the motor at low speeds?

Specifically off road riders often ride an average of 30kmh, so in this case a 7t or custom 8t would be best to keep the motor cooler, correct?

The lower turn motor can take more amps then a higher turn count motor.
Every turn count motor has exactly the same torque, its just a matter of how it gets there.
It requires less amps on a high turn count motor but that motor has longer strands of thinner copper wire then a low turn count motor. So its a balancing act.

bigpie said:

You just need to select proper winding for your voltage, that's the whole story.

Would there be any advantage in going higher than 48V given I'm after a fairly low top speed and most of the time the bike isn't moving so heat buildup shouldn't be too much of an issue?

The advantage to higher voltage is that it requires less current to do the same job. Power=Volts x Amps. Most motors are happier and cooler at higher voltage. Like everything else it is a compromise based on many factors. If you are looking at 10Kw at 48v thats going to require a controller capable of 200+ amp output. If you up it to 72v then you only need 140amps which is in striking distance of cheaper "infineon" ebike controllers. Higher voltage is dangerous and off the shelf battery packs chargers and accessories are slightly less common over 60v.

High current kills parts
High voltage kills people

Its always a compromise of many factors unless you have a massive budget.

Start a build thread of your own and I'm sure lots of people will chime in to help you figure it out. This sale thread is not the ideal place for it.

Good luck.

To be honest for technical trial type riding I am not sure DD hub motor will suit your needs. However if you can manage to mount the hub motor to de swing arm or frame and run reduction via sprocket and chain to rear wheel you will likely be much better off.

DanGT86 said:
If you are looking at 10Kw at 48v thats going to require a controller capable of 200+ amp output. If you up it to 72v then you only need 140amps

I've been running exactly 72v, 140 battery Amp and 405 phase Amp with a QS 205 50H V3 30X4T.
When I was going to buy my motor I chosen the 30X4T instead the 5T.
Do you think I made the correct choice?

Yes - I'd always go for a lower turn count motor, always, especially for high power situations. So I think your 4T was a great choice, especially with that motor. Then if you match the 4T with a smaller diameter rim, you are best off that way, everything will run so cool. Again there are trade-offs with that, but going down to a 22" or 24" diameter aint that big a deal. If potholes are what you worry about just make the tire wider. You definately never want to go up to a 29" tire, thats the worst for the motor. Will get hotter quicker thats for sure.

markz said:
Yes - I'd always go for a lower turn count motor, always, especially for high power situations. So I think your 4T was a great choice, especially with that motor. Then if you match the 4T with a smaller diameter rim, you are best off that way, everything will run so cool. Again there are trade-offs with that, but going down to a 22" or 24" diameter aint that big a deal. If potholes are what you worry about just make the tire wider. You definately never want to go up to a 29" tire, thats the worst for the motor. Will get hotter quicker thats for sure.
Thanks for your reply.

QSMOTOR.

bigbore said:
DanGT86 said:
If you are looking at 10Kw at 48v thats going to require a controller capable of 200+ amp output. If you up it to 72v then you only need 140amps

I've been running exactly 72v, 140 battery Amp and 405 phase Amp with a QS 205 50H V3 30X4T.
When I was going to buy my motor I chosen the 30X4T instead the 5T.
Do you think I made the correct choice?
Hi,

I organized the informations for these two windings:
Wingding RPM Max. Phase current
24*5T 650RPM@72v 195.8A-244.8A
30*4T 820RPM@72V 244.8A-306.0A

We think that setting 405phase amp is too much for 30*4T winding motor.

Thanks,

macribs said:
To be honest for technical trial type riding I am not sure DD hub motor will suit your needs. However if you can manage to mount the hub motor to de swing arm or frame and run reduction via sprocket and chain to rear wheel you will likely be much better off.
Thanks for your reply.

QSMOTOR

DanGT86 said:
The advantage to higher voltage is that it requires less current to do the same job. Power=Volts x Amps. Most motors are happier and cooler at higher voltage. Like everything else it is a compromise based on many factors. If you are looking at 10Kw at 48v thats going to require a controller capable of 200+ amp output. If you up it to 72v then you only need 140amps which is in striking distance of cheaper "infineon" ebike controllers. Higher voltage is dangerous and off the shelf battery packs chargers and accessories are slightly less common over 60v.

High current kills parts
High voltage kills people

Its always a compromise of many factors unless you have a massive budget.

Start a build thread of your own and I'm sure lots of people will chime in to help you figure it out. This sale thread is not the ideal place for it.

Good luck.
Thanks man. That's correct.

QSMOTOR

riba2233 said:
bigpie said:

You just need to select proper winding for your voltage, that's the whole story.
Thanks for your comment.

QSMOTOR

markz said:
The lower turn motor can take more amps then a higher turn count motor.
Every turn count motor has exactly the same torque, its just a matter of how it gets there.
It requires less amps on a high turn count motor but that motor has longer strands of thinner copper wire then a low turn count motor. So its a balancing act.
Yes, you're right.

QSMOTOR

Back