Yet another custom remote - GalWii

galp

100 W
Hello!

Sometime ago I decided to make a remote for my board.

Idea is quite simple and goes something like this.

Tx reads trigger value and sends it to the Rx (what every radio system usually does).

On top of that,

Rx reads:

• Voltage
    Current
    Charge (mAh)
    Temperature
    Speed (tacho)

Tx displays mentioned data on OLED display.

Tx also

• Displays various warnings (tx or skate battery low, skateboard overheating, etc.)
    Has user adjustable thresholds for warnings through joystick (with vibration motor for feedback)
    Can permanently store thresholds
    Limit speed
    is USB rechargeable
    Accelerometer for angle throttle

Rx also has a power MOSFET switch to turn the skateboard on and off.

The guts:
dCLtQiNl.jpg

Render:
DyJfyICl.jpg

Here are few videos demonstrating the (graphic) user interface.

[youtube]vBSw-fIJGRU[/youtube]

Demonstration of the menu. If OK is pressed (joystick center) a menu is displayed. Using up/down on joystick user can navigate through the menu and set thresholds. Once the user is happy with the settings the OK button must be held down for 1 second to store the values (for next time when unit is turned off and on again).
[youtube]8WooREby984[/youtube]

Low battery warning
[youtube]zJK9Qccej3g[/youtube]

If you connect USB to the transmitter, a battery charge indicator shows on the screen notifying you when the remote is fully charged.
[youtube]XDI4uPOd-2A[/youtube]

For debug purposes a single button is being pressed to emulate tacho. In real application, this will be a magnet on wheel rotating past hall sensor or just a hall sensor next to the motor.
[youtube]vh-NxAGQzr8[/youtube]

Driving a servo remotely.
[youtube]mrhXcGlvGBY[/youtube]

A few things for the future:
- If anyone knows where I could buy the trigger with potenciometer part I'd be super grateful. I took this part from Quanum pistol grip. It works well, but if anyone ever was to build my transmitter, they would have to buy the Quanum transmitter first.

-The first version of the receiver only supports up to 20V and 80A. For the next version, I'll expand that to 80V and 100A.

Well, that's it. A lot has been done and a lot is yet to be done. I will start testing on a board as soon as I get my penny board together.

BTW: does anyone know which ESC would be suitable for 4S drive? It has to have brakes and hold about 40A in peaks. Thanks!

This is brilliant! I love to hear more detail about how you've built the electronic side of things?

Would this work for the trigger?

https://www.ebay.com/p/KO-Propo-Expert-Grip-Trigger-Assembly-KOP16065/1067298850?iid=231924111660

Regards,

Jason

Hello!

Both receiver and transmitter are STM32F0 mcu based with WT12 bluetooth module to enable wireless serial communication. Receiver has LTC2943 IC with 1mOhm shunt, to monitor current, charge, voltage and temperature of the battery / electronics. I'll post schematics once I fully test the prototype.

25$ for the trigger.. Yeeeesh :oops: Better 3D print or CNC something..

Regards,
Gal

Back