QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

John Bozi said:
QSMOTOR said:
bigpie said:
Would the 3000w with the high torque winding be any good for a gas gas trials bike conversion at 48v?
Hi,

The torque capability is same for each winding motor.
According to our test, for 3kW 50H V3 motor, the max. torque could reach to 180.0N.m.

Thanks,
If wheel size is the same for the 3kw 50H V3,

If the motor is ridden at 30kmh up a hill on different windings, which motor turn count will heat up the least?

Is it the 7t?

Or do all the different winding motors require the same torque or amount of power, so the same amount of heat will happen in every winding at low speeds?

Are you saying the volt and amp ratio makes no difference to heat in the motor at low speeds?

Specifically off road riders often ride an average of 30kmh, so in this case a 7t or custom 8t would be best to keep the motor cooler, correct?
Hi,

As your average speed is only 30kmh, we suggest you to use our 7T winding motor.(17*7T, 48v@300RPM)

For your question about speed and torque, you can refer to this comment " The lower turn motor can take more amps then a higher turn count motor.
Every turn count motor has exactly the same torque, its just a matter of how it gets there.
It requires less amps on a high turn count motor but that motor has longer strands of thinner copper wire then a low turn count motor. So its a balancing act."

Thanks,

I noticed the 43H magnet motors are rated at 1200 watts and the 3000 watt nominal motors use 50H magnets. Is it safe to say that any motor that is using the 43H magnets but claims to operate properly between 3000- 6000 watts , is not being honest ?

rumme said:
I noticed the 43H magnet motors are rated at 1200 watts and the 3000 watt nominal motors use 50H magnets. Is it safe to say that any motor that is using the 43H magnets but claims to operate properly between 3000- 6000 watts , is not being honest ?
Hi,

Thanks for your interested.

Our QS prefer to name 43H magnet motor as 1200W motor.
Because for 43H magnets motor, the 1200W means rated(Sustained) power, the peak power is 2400W. It even could reach to 3-6kW in a few seconds.
Such as our 1kW 35H motor, the momentary power is able to reach 4300W.

Thanks,
QSMOTOR

John Bozi said:
thanks QS!

Is that suggestion based on less heating up of the motor?

and is that due to running higher volts to lower amp ratio?

thanks for clarification
Hi,

Yes, that's right.

Thanks,
QSMOTOR.

Motor rated power is based on bench tests, and very conservative. We are many to have fed 10 kw bursts to cheap 35h 6X10 motors that were rated 1000 w. :twisted:

PS. Don't worry Vito. I will not claim the warranty. :D

He he Vito ... you know we are here to push the limits of everything we can!
My QS205 30X4T handle almost every day about 7Kw continuous for 4Km and with 10ml of ferrofluid in it do not exceed the temeprature of 80°C

bigbore said:
My QS205 30X4T handle almost every day about 7Kw continuous for 4Km and with 10ml of ferrofluid in it do not exceed the temeprature of 80°C

I have the same experience with my qs205 4t 50h v3, 17" wheel.
now with 10ml ferrofluid, can maintain speeds of 80-90kph on flat, for ~1/2 hour without going over 80C. i think it would go for longer, just have not tested it.
temps seem to stabilise @ 70-80c. ambient is ~12-15c.

Bigbore + RTL, not sure what voltages you guys are running.. what is the continuous current you’re pushing through the motor at those levels?

GmagNeato said:
Bigbore + RTL, not sure what voltages you guys are running.. what is the continuous current you’re pushing through the motor at those levels?

I have a 20S14P battery made with 18650 cells so 72V nominal and a 19" MC tyre. On the display I read a continuous (while riding at 85Km/h) battery amp at about 95A but I don't know how many amps are going to the motor.

22s 18p 18650, 79.2v nominal.
I didnt really pay too much attention to the current/power while riding, mostly just the speeds and other vehicles :D

Im not even too sure my motor tuning settings on the max-e are optimised yet.

the other factor that might come into effect is the 6wag phase wires I installed right the way to the stator windings.
there is a LOT of copper in there(2 times that of 8awg), and i suspect it also helps to soak some heat out. will be adding hubsinks very soon too.

basically im really happy with the qs205 v3. it makes possible the functionality of light motorcycle performance..

ridethelightning said:
22s 18p 18650, 79.2v nominal.
I didnt really pay too much attention to the current/power while riding, mostly just the speeds and other vehicles :D

Im not even too sure my motor tuning settings on the max-e are optimised yet.

the other factor that might come into effect is the 6wag phase wires I installed right the way to the stator windings.
there is a LOT of copper in there(2 times that of 8awg), and i suspect it also helps to soak some heat out. will be adding hubsinks very soon too.

basically im really happy with the qs205 v3. it makes possible the functionality of light motorcycle performance..

Yep! The same for me ... moto/bicycle in the same vehicle :D

I found out that the fine tuning of the motor parameters is pretty time consuming but at the end is very useful. I also have hubsinks but not installed yet because before installing I want to be sure they are really useful.
I use to test the motor during a long straight while coming back home from work at night when there are no other vehicle on the road both directions and tweaking with the options I found out that OVS=0 is the best for me to avoid motor overheat and another thing to keep in mind is the power reduction that is observed at constant speed after acceleration. If I do not have this reduction and then the power remains at about 10Kw (140A) at full throttle the motor overheats after a few minutes.

I have to mention again,

Vito is doing an excellent service! I am so happy, I don´t even hesitate anymore to order QS products as they are as transparent and helpfull even after sale, as possible! THANK YOU REALLY MUCH! I have never seen such fast and detailed service like the one from Vito!

Thank you,

Elias

What is the difference between 205 55H and 205 50H? And is the QS 205 55H motor also available with spoke flanges?

QS 205 55H: Max torque 184 N.m. Rated for 4000 Watt

QS 205 50H: Max torque 168 N.m. Rated for 3000 watt

Anyone tested QS 205 55H? A 10% increase in torque and even 30% higher rating for power. I wonder what to expect from that motor compared to the 205 50H? Acceleration, speed and heat wise. Will 205 55H take more continuous power then the 205 50H? Are there more copper fill as I see the weight is around 2.5 kilos more for the H55 over the H50.

Thinking this might be a good fit for the new Vector mid drive frame. Loose the rim, either get custom cover with sprocket or modify existing sider cover to take a sprocket.

Vito, could QS 205 55H motor be delivered with front sprocket on side cover?

l94Q5qw.jpg

That looks like a dyechem blue dye so you can easily see the shiny spots if you have mechanical contact. Not an issue fortunately.

Cricket_Swe said:
Is it bad if it looks purple like this on the inside? I bought mine used

I got my new one last week and looks the same. not sure what coating is that, but should be fine

MadRhino said:
Motor rated power is based on bench tests, and very conservative. We are many to have fed 10 kw bursts to cheap 35h 6X10 motors that were rated 1000 w. :twisted:

PS. Don't worry Vito. I will not claim the warranty. :D
Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Yes, it seems to work in theory.
But, we won't suggest you to do like this.
It might burn out the coil, also it will influence the motor working life.

Thanks,
QSMOTOR.

ridethelightning said:
bigbore said:

I have the same experience with my qs205 4t 50h v3, 17" wheel.
now with 10ml ferrofluid, can maintain speeds of 80-90kph on flat, for ~1/2 hour without going over 80C. i think it would go for longer, just have not tested it.
temps seem to stabilise @ 70-80c. ambient is ~12-15c.
Hi,

It's true that adding ferrofluid would be helpful for cooling.

Thanks,
Damon

Cricket_Swe said:
Thanks! That makes me feel better. Going to use ferrofluid when it arrives and hubsinks!
Hi,

Sounds cool.

Thanks,
QSMOTOR

BCTECH said:
Cricket_Swe said:
Is it bad if it looks purple like this on the inside? I bought mine used

I got my new one last week and looks the same. not sure what coating is that, but should be fine
Hi,

Fine.

Thanks,
QSMOTOR.

ridethelightning said:
being a 205 familly member, it might possibly match the qs 205 50h side covers with freewheel mount..
Hi,

Thank you very much for your support.

QSMOTOR.

macribs said:
What is the difference between 205 55H and 205 50H? And is the QS 205 55H motor also available with spoke flanges?

QS 205 55H: Max torque 184 N.m. Rated for 4000 Watt

QS 205 50H: Max torque 168 N.m. Rated for 3000 watt

Anyone tested QS 205 55H? A 10% increase in torque and even 30% higher rating for power. I wonder what to expect from that motor compared to the 205 50H? Acceleration, speed and heat wise. Will 205 55H take more continuous power then the 205 50H? Are there more copper fill as I see the weight is around 2.5 kilos more for the H55 over the H50.

Thinking this might be a good fit for the new Vector mid drive frame. Loose the rim, either get custom cover with sprocket or modify existing sider cover to take a sprocket.

Vito, could QS 205 55H motor be delivered with front sprocket on side cover?

l94Q5qw.jpg
Hello,

Thanks for your email.

1). This motor is not available with spoke flanges.
It's used for e-scooter, rather than e-bike.
Here is application picture for this motor.
Application for 10inch motor.png

2). Difference between QS 205 50H & QS 205 55H:
a. Magnet height is different:
50H's magnet height is 50mm, 55H's magnet height is 55mm.
b. Speed & torque:
As you know, 55H motor is powerful than 50H motor, so it will has higher speed & torque.

3). According to your provided infos, we recommend to choose QS 205 e-bike motor.
For more detailed infos for this motor, you can refer to below link:
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read/QS%20Motor%20500W-3000W%20205%2014kW%20Peak%20Brushless%20DC%20Electric%20Bike%20Bicycle%20Spoke%20Hub%20Motor%20For%20Bike/536.html

Thanks,
QSMOTOR

Back