24F Silent Controller 20kw 100-150v iOS/Android- $299>

I've added $20 for connectors on invoice that should cover custom connectors.
For your setup, 120V version would be the best bet. I am using Toshiba mosfets which are the best in this voltage range.

I have seen regen current going up to 30A on my bike and I was running QS205 on a heavy bike at high speed downhill. The point is that controller is only a part of the equation in what your regen current will be but the controller can handle it.

150/350A are within the specs for the controller and 3 speed percentages are configurable via a smartphone.

ecross said:
the current connectors are not the problem, thanks, but
for:
-24S16P Sanyo 3500GA

-LVC: 72V
-Regen: 100V with yello and black wire, have e-Brake on handlebar, about 30A Regen possible?
-battery current: 150A
-Phase current: 350A
-3-speed switch with 25%, 50%, 100%

-120V Fets welcome, or only the best Fets, please send FET type

-how much for a plag and play version with this settings?

danielrlee said:
Hi

Has fully variable regen using a second throttle been implemented on these controllers yet?

Thanks,

Dan

Sent from my One Mini 2 using Tapatalk

Hi,

also looking for this feature :)

BR

Please define "active e-brake".

As configured right now, the regen throttle will activate ebrake in the position above 1v and remain activated while advancing it further will increase the the braking current.

parabellum said:
Now it is getting really interesting! Will variable regen convert to active e-brake, at the end (to still stand.)?

Powervelocity.com said:

As configured right now, the regen throttle will activate ebrake in the position above 1v and remain activated while advancing it further will increase the the braking current.

parabellum said:
Now it is getting really interesting! Will variable regen convert to active e-brake, at the end (to still stand.)?
I call active ebrake, point when you need to use some battery power to enhance the braking effect, the region where regen is not effective any more because of falling BEMF. Just above still stand. In my understanding, hardware to do that is there, control algorithm is the missing part.
It was just a question, variable regen is awesome function by it self already.
Keep up the awesome work, I’m feeding my piggy meanwhile! :)

It's there already implemented at the MCU level even without the variable regen being in the picture. The braking power will double as BEMF falls below a certain threshold. This happens at the speed of approx 10 mph and below.

parabellum said:
Powervelocity.com said:

parabellum said:
I call active ebrake, point when you need to use some battery power to enhance the braking effect, the region where regen is not effective any more because of falling BEMF. Just above still stand. In my understanding, hardware to do that is there, control algorithm is the missing part.
It was just a question, variable regen is awesome function by it self already.
Keep up the awesome work, I’m feeding my piggy meanwhile! :)

Powervelocity.com said:
It's there already implemented at the MCU level even without the variable regen being in the picture. The braking power will double as BEMF falls below a certain threshold. This happens at the speed of approx 10 mph and below.
That is really nice!
Will redirect part of alcohol budget to steroids for my piggy. :D

How does 3-speed switch connection work (wiring)? Ordered this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401331618199 but it will take 2-4 weeks to arrive, so planing a temporary solution. Throtle response when 100% is quite rapid. When driving at woods or in city slow speeds u need to be extra carefull that u wont filp the bike...

Question about brake and regen. Previous connection (max-e) was with domino throttle: https://www.dropbox.com/s/csbumbpqyi01baf/2017-06-25%2021.37.54.jpg?dl=0 brake was linear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4y2w70qzg326rn/2017-06-25%2021.38.09.jpg?dl=0 I don't have a glue how to connect it? I don't need it to be linear just on/off is enough but would be nice to get it working with those parts allready installed to bike.
Domino wires are white: 0V black: pot wiper and blue 5V (s399.photobucket.com/user/rayivers/media/Throttle%20Replacement%20Schematic%202%20Domino%20-%20Magura.jpg.html )

Recommendations for seller and this controller! Quick answers and shipping.

The three speed switch works as follows:
in position 1, it shorts ground to X1 pin (blue wire) on the board and enables whatever percentage you set for Power level 1 in the app.
In position 2 or mid position, ground is not connected to either X1(blue) or X2(gray wire) and that enables Power level 2 configured in the app.
in position 3, ground is connected to X2 and that enables Power level 3 configured in the app.

So you can configure three different power levels for three positions and switch between them on the go as appropriate. I usually configure them this way:
Set power level to 15%, level 2 to 50%, and 3 to 100%. I use level 1 or first position of the switch to ride where extra caution needs to be used like if there are pedestrians nearby. I use level 2 for effecient high speed cruising, and I use level 3 when I want all the power I can get like off road or getting to the top speed. I recommend leaving all the speed level settings at 120% and use only power levels to adjust power with thethree position switch.

Regarding the throttle response, it can be adjusted via the Android app. There are hidden extra settings that you can activate by pressing and holding the regen on/off button in the app. You will get extra settings unlocked. To set the controller for soft start, move the "Soft Start Time" slider all the way to the right and click the button turn it ON.

Here is the visual:

soft_start.png

Using this in conjunction with three 3 speed switch should give you pretty good control over power during acceleration.

Regarding regen, all you need is an on/off switch on one or both of your brake levers that can connect EBS_ to the ground when brakes are activated.

Resistive throttles like Magura or Domino should work fine out of the box. The only thing is that you may get some dead band at the lower and upper positions of the throttle as the controller active band is between 1.25V to 3.3v. It's a good practice to add a resistor in line with 5v input from the controller to the throttle to drop the voltage to something like 3.5v. I've seen values between 560Ohm to 2K have been used. Maybe start with 1K and see if yo need to go up or down to get about 3.5v at in the fully open position of the throttle. Of course, disconnect your motor as you do the testing.

OV_ said:
How does 3-speed switch connection work (wiring)? Ordered this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401331618199 but it will take 2-4 weeks to arrive, so planing a temporary solution. Throtle response when 100% is quite rapid. When driving at woods or in city slow speeds u need to be extra carefull that u wont filp the bike...

Question about brake and regen. Previous connection (max-e) was with domino throttle: https://www.dropbox.com/s/csbumbpqyi01baf/2017-06-25%2021.37.54.jpg?dl=0 brake was linear: https://www.dropbox.com/s/y4y2w70qzg326rn/2017-06-25%2021.38.09.jpg?dl=0 I don't have a glue how to connect it? I don't need it to be linear just on/off is enough but would be nice to get it working with those parts allready installed to bike.
Domino wires are white: 0V black: pot wiper and blue 5V (s399.photobucket.com/user/rayivers/media/Throttle%20Replacement%20Schematic%202%20Domino%20-%20Magura.jpg.html )

Recommendations for seller and this controller! Quick answers and shipping.

So the more FETS the more voltage can be used, and more amperages pushed through it?

Just considering whether to go 18F or 24Fet. I know the physical size is a determination too.

How I get those experimental settings? Downloaded software from here: http://powervelocity.com/index.php?id_product=55&controller=product but settings end at Flux weakening.

e: lol didn't read ur post to end so no need to reply... :)

The voltage limit does not depend on the quantity of FETs. You can have a tiny 6Fet controller running 150v (anyone interested? :) It is the rating of mosfets that determin the voltage that can be run. I use three types: 100v, 120v and 150v rated. Higher voltage rated mosfets normally can handle less current and vice versa.

However, the more mosfets you have, the more current you can run for the same type of mosfets as the current gets distributed among as many mosfets.

markz said:
So the more FETS the more voltage can be used, and more amperages pushed through it?

Just considering whether to go 18F or 24Fet. I know the physical size is a determination too.

A few people inquired about issues with Speed 1,2,3 and Flux weakening settings in the smartphone apps. I am glad to report that these are officially fixed.
The latest version of Android app with fixes is available for download here: http://powervelocity.com/index.php?controller=attachment&id_attachment=28
The iOS app will be updated soon as well.

With Flux set to 24 units, I was able to shoot the an unloaded 4T hub motor in 17 inch moto rim to 120 mph at 100v or around 1400 RPMs.
Enjoy ;)

Hello,

is the fully variable regen using a second throttle been implemented now?

I will waiting for a test sample :)

BR

I would like everyone to know that I have recently put one of the 24f 120volt version's on my bike.And I am running 24s 4p pack so 100volts of lipo packs and this controller is amazing I have pushed it to speeds of 120mph unloaded and have gotten speeds up to 70mph while riding my bike and the controller barely even got warm. And between me and my bike thats well over 300lbs. The expert settings help to control the throttle perfectly. This is a picture of my bike with the controller installed below the rack. Vads customer service is awesome and he helped me with all my questions all and all this. A great controller and I highly recommend them

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (5).jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 3,683
Dang. That's a lot of a real estate for the battery. Should be able to do 200 miles per charge cruising? :lol:
Seems like still running bicycle rims and tires? If so, I'd be scared to fly on this at 70 mph.

steven7601 said:
I would like everyone to know that I have recently put one of the 24f 120volt version's on my bike.And I am running 24s 4p pack so 100volts of lipo packs and this controller is amazing I have pushed it to speeds of 120mph unloaded and have gotten speeds up to 70mph while riding my bike and the controller barely even got warm. And between me and my bike thats well over 300lbs. The expert settings help to control the throttle perfectly. This is a picture of my bike with the controller installed below the rack. Vads customer service is awesome and he helped me with all my questions all and all this. A great controller and I highly recommend them

steven7601 said:

You getting ready to commute into Nashvegas via I40?! :wink:

ecross said:
Hello,

BR

-no return?

ecross said:
Hello,

BR

I already bought 1 controller from him and it works well. The Bluetooth is great...I was always too lazy to pull out my laptop and programming cables (too busy riding). Now I'm trying all kinds of settings. If you don't already know, a long press on the regen ON/OFF button gets you some advanced features.

Vad, we need some instructions on this program and a central place for downloading it on your website. I had to look through a bunch of posts to find the right version and I spent a long time trying to connect to PowerVelocity-i bluetooth device when it was BT12 that I needed to connect to.

I want one of these with Variable Regen as well. I think it would work well with the domino throttle. If there were instructions on how to implement that using a Domino, I'm guessing you'd sell a bunch of these!

Food for thought.

You can always find the latest version by clicking on any controller on the website and scrolling all the way down.
Here is an example: http://powervelocity.com/index.php?id_product=55&controller=product

I am also working on getting it published in Google Play, so you would only need to install it once and then get updates automagically. It's already set up in App Store for iOS devices.

Variable regen kind of works but I would like to integrate it with the app before releasing. I have not worked on it too much as it's requested quite infrequently and I have a bigger fish to fry right now. I may get to it later on.

Trailblazer said:
ecross said:
Hello,

BR

I already bought 1 controller from him and it works well. The Bluetooth is great...I was always too lazy to pull out my laptop and programming cables (too busy riding). Now I'm trying all kinds of settings. If you don't already know, a long press on the regen ON/OFF button gets you some advanced features.

Vad, we need some instructions on this program and a central place for downloading it on your website. I had to look through a bunch of posts to find the right version and I spent a long time trying to connect to PowerVelocity-i bluetooth device when it was BT12 that I needed to connect to.

I want one of these with Variable Regen as well. I think it would work well with the domino throttle. If there were instructions on how to implement that using a Domino, I'm guessing you'd sell a bunch of these!

Food for thought.

Powervelocity.com said:
You can always find the latest version by clicking on any controller on the website and scrolling all the way down.
Here is an example: http://powervelocity.com/index.php?id_product=55&controller=product

I am also working on getting it published in Google Play, so you would only need to install it once and then get updates automagically. It's already set up in App Store for iOS devices.

Variable regen kind of works but I would like to integrate it with the app before releasing. I have not worked on it too much as it's requested quite infrequently and I have a bigger fish to fry right now. I may get to it later on.

Trailblazer said:

Food for thought.

Okay, my bad. I see that now at the bottom of the page for the controller there's a download link for the programming software. I know you are working on the display function via Bluetooth and that's cool b/c then I can use my CA on a different bike. Thanks very much. Good product.

Finally cot bike running with this controller and new frame:

ebike.JPG

I'm planing to abandon rear disk breake. Is adjustable (with hall sensor) regen brake possible? If is, what is required to do? Open controller and some soldering + software update? How about ebrake that is active when key is off position?

Still holding order button for CA v3 and waiting for that display function. Can u give any eta?

Back