QSMOTOR,0.5-12kW Electric Hub Motor & Mid Drive Motor Manufacture China

Very basic question alert:

Though I "built" my electric bike (planned & assembled from Grin Technologies parts and an old bike), I am trying to understand something about hub motors that seem practical in a car wheel, such as the 273 (70H) 12000 watt model from QSMotor. I have a fantasy project of electric hub motors on the back wheels of my old front wheel drive car--sort of a parallel hybrid. Among many things I am learning is one basic fact I have failed to answer: if the motors are off and the car exceeds their rated speed under gasoline power, do the motors break apart? If I drove 75 or 80mph, possibly 10 or 15 mph above the motors' rated RPM, would I damage or destroy the motor in the short or long term?

rhizomatic said:
If I drove 75 or 80mph, possibly 10 or 15 mph above the motors' rated RPM, would I damage or destroy the motor in the short or long term?

if you exceed the maximum rpm rating, eddy losses (which rise exponential) will heat up the iron core of the motor more than usual.
the second thing is the induced voltage: i guess it should not exceed the maximum voltage rating of the controller (FET's)

Ddt said:
Hello vito

Do you have the v2 or v3 1000w 205 35h motor?

Thank you
Victot
Hello Victot,

It's a pity that we only have v1 version for 1000W 205 35h motor at this moment.

By the way, we will decide whether to open a new mould for v2 version for 1kW 205 35h motor or not according to market demand.

Thanks,
QSMOTOR.

Will QS Motor make a spoked e-bike version of the 205 55H scooter motor? It would be good to have a QS competitor for the mxus 5K 55H motor.

If not maybe you can check if the 205 55H scooter motor is bolted to the rim so it is easy to remove the hub motor from the rim? Thinking for a mid drive so I would not need the rim.

Hello Everyone,

Glad to tell you that 24inch & 26inch 205 35H V1 e-bike hub motor is available now.
Here are some pictures for reference:
1). 24*2.125inch 205 35H V1 e-bike hub motor:
24x2.125inch.jpg
2). 26*2.125inch 205 35H V1 e-bike hub motor:
View attachment 4

Meanwhile, we have update the package for all of our Front and Rear Moped Wheel Rim Assembly Set.
And the new package is more reliable with less weight, save money for internation delivery.
For instance, 1. Rear wheel set with new package
24inch package.jpg
2. Front wheel set with new package
19x1.6inch .jpg

Furthermore, we can provide 2 kits Combo for this 205 35H V1 e-bike hub motor
Combo 1:
205 35H V1 Kits, With Kelly Controller
205 1kW e-bike+Kelly controller.jpg
Combo 2:
205 35H V1 Kits, With Yuyangking Controller
205 1kW e-bike+Yuyangking controller.jpg
Here are spec for each kit:
1). Controller:
a. Kls7212s:
sine wave controller, programmable, with regen function
Motor Current Limit, 20 seconds: 120A;
Motor Current Limit, continuous: 60A
Battery voltage: 24V-72V rated, max. 90V
Thermic Probe: KTY83-122
Including one controller + USB convertor cable + matched plug
Controller Size: 108mm*78mm*41mm
Waterproof IP54
b. Kls4812s:
Motor Current Limit, 20 seconds: 120A;
Motor Current Limit, continuous: 60A
Battery voltage: 24V-48V rated, max. 60V
Thermic Probe: KTY83-122
Including one controller + USB convertor cable + matched plug
Controller Size: 108mm*78mm*41mm
Waterproof IP54
c. QSYK7250J
Power supply:48V-72V, Limitied current: 50A , Max phase current: 150A
Product Size: 280mmx117mmx60mm
Net Weight: 1.16kg
Testing way: Hall sensor
Including: 1pc controller + 1pc Function harness
P.S.: For Software & Manual, please contact with us freely.
It support Bluetooth Function with Bluetooth Adapter.
2). QS Thumb throttle:
Color:black
Wire length: 50cm
3). QS Freewheel:
MF-TZ21 Cassette 7 Speed, 14-28T, 435g
Combination of 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, and 28T
4). QS Bicycle Brake Handle Levers
5). QS Bicycle disc plate
6). QS 205 35H V1 e-bike hub motor
Please refer to below link:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65972&start=975#p1294190

If any interested for these products, Please feel free to contact to us.

Warmest regards,
QSMOTOR.

Guys, I will make a group buy for Europe / Germany to share shipping costs.

If you want to join, you have to tell me until Friday the 28th of July his week! PM me, if interested.

Thats the topic for it: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=89676

Best regards,

Elias

QSMOTOR said:

Meanwhile, we have update the package for all of our Front and Rear Moped Wheel Rim Assembly Set.
And the new package is more reliable with less weight, save money for internation delivery.

here i reiterate, aside from the fact that the build quality of qs motors is exceptional, their packaging is first class, second to none that i have seen.
this is a really significant issue with shipping hub motors.

ridethelightning said:
QSMOTOR said:

here i reiterate, aside from the fact that the build quality of qs motors is exceptional, their packaging is first class, second to none that i have seen.
this is a really significant issue with shipping hub motors.
Thanks mate!

We will try to do better!

Warmest regards!
QSMOTOR.

Hi.

I need (for a scooter, front, cast disc):
14 inch (MC-38 Max Scoot 90/90 -14 46P) QS Motor 205 1000W V2, Dropout: 135mm,
PCD 6x44mm bicycle brake disc (rotor diameter 203mm)
~ 540 RPM

You make these?
How can I buy?

Enigma said:
Hi.

~ 540 RPM

You make these?
How can I buy?
Hello Sir,

Thank you for the message.

For your requested products, it's a pity that we don't have such design motor.

Warmest regards,
QSMOTOR

QSMOTOR said:
Enigma said:
Hi.

~ 540 RPM

You make these?
How can I buy?
Hello Sir,

Thank you for the message.

For your requested products, it's a pity that we don't have such design motor.

Warmest regards,
QSMOTOR
Thanks for your reply.

Perhaps you can suggest something suitable?
What do you have with this?:
1) For bicycle tire 18 ~ 20 Inches
2) QSMOTOR ~ 1000W - 1500W
3) Dropout: 100 mm ~ 135 mm (front)

280px-Hyundai_Eos_GL_2014_%2811954748753%29.jpg

hi qsmotor. i'm thinking of putting two of your e-car hubmotors to the rear of this small Hyundai Eon, while keeping the engine to drive the front wheels, run the air-conditioning, etc

possible? do you have pictures of similar projects?

A hybrid. Nice and relatively cheap way to get AWD and more acceleration. My guess is you would not be going race car top speed with such a car anyway so extra added unsprung mass and the added weight and COG from batteries are more of an academic dispute. As for every day usage you will not push car to the limits in any way. You will get a little more drag of course, from lugging the hub motors around when not using electrical power, but to me the benefits would easily out do that.

I don't know if the gas pedal is of the new kind drive by wire type, but anyway you can easily add a mechanical switch underneath the pedal that works in the same our throttles does. When you stomp the pedal for fast acceleration you push both ICE engine and electrical rear motors to the max. I guess some clever programming of the controller could be done too. Like set a max speed limit for the electric motors, and let em coast whenever your foot is on the pedal. When off the pedal the rear motors could go into regen.

Listen to ol'Nike. Just do it!

Overclocker said:
280px-Hyundai_Eos_GL_2014_%2811954748753%29.jpg

hi qsmotor. i'm thinking of putting two of your e-car hubmotors to the rear of this small Hyundai Eon, while keeping the engine to drive the front wheels, run the air-conditioning, etc

possible? do you have pictures of similar projects?
Hello,

Thanks for your message.

Okay. Well noted.
Could you please advise me your email address? Then, our salesman will send some spec to you by email.

Meanwhile, To recommend most suitable motor to your vehicle:
Could you please give us following clue to work out?
1. What's your car weight and loading weight?(Two pieces 8000W e-car V3 type hub motor is suitable for 800-900Kg total weight(Include car+loading weight)
2. Wheel size and tire model?
3. Max. speed? (or max. rpm) and Voltage requirements?
4. PCD and CB of your wheel rim? (You could refer below picture to confirm)
5. How many engines does your car need?

At last, as i see that your vehicle design is electric-oil hybrid, so i think attached link will be useful for you.
Please refer it:
http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_read_640.html

Have a nice day!
QSMOTOR.

macribs said:
A hybrid. Nice and relatively cheap way to get AWD and more acceleration. My guess is you would not be going race car top speed with such a car anyway so extra added unsprung mass and the added weight and COG from batteries are more of an academic dispute. As for every day usage you will not push car to the limits in any way. You will get a little more drag of course, from lugging the hub motors around when not using electrical power, but to me the benefits would easily out do that.

I don't know if the gas pedal is of the new kind drive by wire type, but anyway you can easily add a mechanical switch underneath the pedal that works in the same our throttles does. When you stomp the pedal for fast acceleration you push both ICE engine and electrical rear motors to the max. I guess some clever programming of the controller could be done too. Like set a max speed limit for the electric motors, and let em coast whenever your foot is on the pedal. When off the pedal the rear motors could go into regen.

Listen to ol'Nike. Just do it!
Hi bro,

Thanks for your kindly message.

Warmest regards,
QSMOTOR.

I am pointing to a space with the screw driver in this picture.

It appears that it should be inside the dropout. Although if it is inside the dropout, the pinch bolt will not fit on and the phase wires will be extra squashed and probably rub on the disc brake. The motor is already 1 cm more on the right of the bike. If I did add a spacer it would be off to one side even more.

20938967_10155364865664845_1706993639_n.jpg

From underneath

20986132_10155364880579845_1692512315_n.jpg

guys with same motor and frame, what you got?

Good afternoon, do you have a sales representative in Europe?
From China to wait a long time to send

Hello, Is it possible to tell what winding my motor has from the serial number? Because I have no idea. (3T or 4T or 5T etc)

hello Vito.
Can you supply a qs 205 40H v3 laced in wheel set?
can you give me weight for the 40H motor(motor only)?
RTL

QSMOTOR,
Do you have a high kV hub motor that can fit a Velocifero mad scooter? motor should have a freewheel-sprocket mount and disk brake mount.

Dropout width: 200mm
tire size: 145/70-6

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 4,353
Hello!

I've read somewhere that 205 35H V2 e-bike hub motor will come out to the market soon.

What are the improvements compared to V1?

Can the QSMOTOR 10inch 205 V3 50H scooter hub fit on a 130/60-10 tire?

Ddt said:
Hello

One big UP for start for better quality 35h 1000w hub motor!

The QUALITY of QS motors is quite good ;)
What they should improve is the weight and peak ETA. Since many years nothing happened here.
I believe one of the reasons is that many buyers want to buy cheap and have "tight is right" mentality instead of paying a bit more for an optimized product.
But on the other hand a reduce of the mass would be good for the handling/suspension.

More and more going to mid-drive setup because of that.

Back