Commencal Supreme Custom Mid-Drive Build

Unfortunately the set screws on #1 are 90* apart not 180* apart. So I may have to buy the one that's drilled for pinning and either pin it (not sure how reliable that would be under such high rpm) or tap the pin holes for set screws since the flats on the Astro are 180* apart.

Here for up to 22t track cogs http://www.velosolo.co.uk/shoptrack.html

I'm pretty sure you can ask Astro to have whatever kind of flat degrees or coupling option if you order directly from them.

I think I have not a 180° flats on my astro. But I maybe wrong, It works just so fine and reliably that I haven't removed my primary pulley from the motor shaft I think in the last 3 years or more :wink:

Okay made my order to staton. Figured out I could change jackshaft OD to 15mm so I went with 0.9" 1.375x24tpi 15mm ID adapters on both ends ofjackshaft with 22t ACS rhd freewheel onleft side, 17t 3 prong cog on inside of right side and 12t Chinese freewheel on outside of right side. Ordered a 1.375x24tpi threaded 13t cog with lock rings in case it breaks. Right crank has 1.375x24tpi threads on the inside so put a rhd ACS 22t freewheel there to save my legs in case of freewheel seizure at high speed (thanks panurge). Also grabbed the 24t 3 prong cog for igh and found that igh gear ratio is 0.75:1:1.33. Also ordered 11t cog for motor shaft.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sounds Good!
I would repeat it again and again, though: don't expect pedal ability from this config, at all.
How do you plan to fit a 15mm jackshaft where the previous was 12mm with supposedly 12mm ID bearings?

Hey!

Yeah I'll have to deal with pedal issue later. Really wanted to get a ride in before the snow flies over!

The jackshaft rode on 4 bearings, 21mm OD 12mm ID 5mm deep. I was able to find 4 bearings 21mm OD 15mm ID 4mm deep

Hey!

Bike is alive but there's snow on the ground here from November to April. Even after the snow melts in April there is still salt on the roads until sometime in May. Also I just got back from vacation. Also the company that does machining for me is a family owned business and one of the key members passed so they haven't finished the final job despite the fact that they've had the job since last October.

Will have updates in the next few weeks.

Cheers :D

Haha :D I wish it was that easy. But hey, if you want to help remotely then I could always use a hand. Any support is invaluable!

Ya, I really hope I don't blow it again :? Fairly expensive mistake...

Can't wait to have updated pics and info in a few weeks!

Is that a bafang motor?? There was no way to get the original motor + gearbox working?
What was the problem with the bike when you bought it? I remember there was some issues but the seller said it was minor work required to have it working. Must have been a little more then that if you ditched the motor+gearbox and went for bafang?

Hey everyone :)
The bike is sitting now with a Bafang motor mounted under the frame. The distance from swingarm pivot the bottom bracket is such that any chain drive is too loose or not big enough when a link is taken off. A belt drive could be an option but I'll have to completely redo the CAD model because the previous owner didn't send me the file and is now unresponsive.
I've been very busy these last few years working on a large automation project for a manufacturing machine. I look forward to getting back into this come spring, but also not looking forward to the amount of work trying to integrate belts! Haha. Ttyl :thumb:

Back