Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I perused a certain thread and I got a strong sense there's been a recent slowdown in retail sales in the overall digital economy (And I'd assume the physical retail economy? Maybe, maybe not.). That is, it's not particular to the platform. When retailers start losing customers due to DIY, that usually means they don't have spending money or they don't really want to spend it. I didn't think it was particular to the platform anyway, a $/view down some 70% suggests penny pinching, and that's platform agnostic.[Though, I actually do wonder if the platform may have convinced customers it was really expensive in their recent test, so they marred their own reputation, worsened the situation and convinced their customers to pinch their pennies. I personally thought the test was stupid... and I don't blame it entirely... but it could be a strong contributor with lasting effects. Convincing an entire customer base you're expensive might not be that good for business. It might scare away customers, and convince the ones sticking around to pinch their pennies, kind of what it seems like I've been seeing.]

So an online retail recession seems exceedingly likely. And by probable extension, physical retail as well... but I don't have data on that.

I need to look at other platform's discussions to see if this trend is being mirrored before I can confidently conclude an online retail recession. It might be peculiar to this platform due to them shooting themselves in the foot by throwing their reputation into the mud.

Just checked out another major platform, and recent discussions mirror this exact sentiment strongly. So exceedingly likely there's an online retail recession underway and it's not peculiar to my particular platform. Cause seems to be penny pinching; What's causing the penny pinching? Maybe customers only have pennies left now? Maybe there's fear gripping the markets[And where is that fear coming from?]? Maybe there's been huge layoffs sweeping the markets, in terms of kicking people off the payroll and reducing hours for existing ones, that's now affecting the online retail markets.

I don't know, but in face of this, it's time to become ultra ambitious and leave no opportunity unexplored, local and online and otherwise. No rest for the wary.

I just need to get a bunny and I'll feed him the greens from my garden, lol. S(he) can keep me company.

I'm not really sure what I'd grow in my garden to feed a dog. I guess maybe I'd need to get chickens and feed it eggs. I mean, I guess I do notice that "dog food" is mostly processed peas and soy, which I could hypothetically grow and process. But... I think eggs are more strongly aligned with their natural diet.

Right now, my largest ongoing fixed expense is food which is why I'm strongly interested in becoming self-sustaining.

I see a lot of those calorie estimates for self-sustenance is based on 3000 calories/day. I look at that and I'm thinking "WTH?", native tribal people are getting like 1400-2000 calories a day. I guess 3000 calories/day is the estimate for fat americans, lol.

And I just want a lap pool. :(

lol.
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/vegetables/watermelons/
ion
Good source for personal watermelon seeds. Lots of hybrids, seems like Citrillus Ianatus is the common one. (Don't think I'd find it at home depot, lol. Sugar baby is the smallest one I can find at big box stores, a 10-12 pound variant. Citrullus ianatus is usually between 2-5 pounds.)

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/vegetables/watermelons/little-baby-flower-f1-watermelon-seed-2495.html?cgid=watermelons#start=1

This one seems particular appetizing (High production, likely high l-citrulline and lycopene content judging from the dark flesh. Likely tastes "great" like they're telling me.). Appears it'd be possible to grow this year round in a greenhouse, but I would need a large greenhouse, something not looking particularly likely at the moment, lol. And... it's not seedless... meaning I don't have to keep buying seeds, lol.

I feel like I really need some fat right now. And I think I just ran out of peanut butter, FML, lol.

I found some more, woohoo! And, I half suspect maybe I was low on salt. Kind of jittery and nervous, salt tasted great, less jittery now. Peanut butter doesn't taste as good after eating the salt, suggesting not the fat I was seeking, but the salt in the peanut butter.

My mom's advice was "Go after a job you love, it's easier to keep".... and I'm thinking... at some point, I would love any job better than starvation, lol. So, I don't think "love" would have much to do with my keeping a job. I think that's more to do with being submissive to the boss, something I've had a historically hard time with, but at some point... I guess I just have to fold my hand. At least while I'm on the job, lol.

Truth be told, there's not been a job I didn't love. The paper route, especially in Spokane's snowy winters, I can say I strongly detested... but I think that was more the snowy weather I detested more than the job itself. I can definitely confidently say I /f/ing HATE snow, lol. Living in it, anyway.

There isn't a lot of things I really hate, but snow is definitely one of them.

Yep, people just keep looking and loving my listings all over like they used to, just no one buying, lol.

I remember seeing that one quotes image online, he was like "I wish I could just find that one person I could love for the rest of my life and I used to believe in love, but I have a way of charming the ladies, and I feel so jealous of those guys who find the one person to be with for their rest of their life because I just can't.".
And I started to think that... hmm.... maybe this concept of "love" is really "lust" at its core, and he being attracted to and attracting so many ladies, had the opportunity to dispel that notion that many guys apparently don't. Or not as quickly. I would like to believe in love... but I can't deny that I was strongly sexually attracted to that girl I felt like I "loved" (Even if she came across as a freak at certain moments, lol. Granted, maybe that's precisely why I wanted her, and I just don't realize it.). So, I can't confidently say that I believe that "love" really exists in the way I might idealize. (Strong pseudo-permanent feelings/affection for another, especially if reciprocated. If it's unrequited, then obviously you're just a stalker, lol.)

I think that might be half the battle, belief. But, he said he once believed it... I guess experience eventually disproves belief. At least for a few... maybe those few who have no problems finding it. Maybe experience doesn't disprove belief for many men, and not just the desperate, lol. That is, close-to-ideal 'love' can and does exist for many.

Yeah, I don't know. I've been attracted to many women, and vice versa, so maybe it doesn't exist. But maybe it does. I would like to think you get "locked into affection" for another, and everyone else gets filtered out, so it essentially comes down to it. But, it seems like I've widely seen that, lusting for another while in a "loving" relationship, so it probably doesn't work that way for men. Maybe it does for some men. Maybe most men. Maybe none at the core of it.) I know it works that way for women, lol, at least for a while. Lots of lyrics attest to that and there's obvious evolutionary reasons why that'd be the case, especially if you view men as resource providers for potential offspring after you "hit it".

https://play.google.com/music/preview/T7pfujkfctjhqtis6tyc6uxvfxy?lyrics=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=search&utm_campaign=lyrics&pcampaignid=kp-lyrics
Selena Gomez said:
Even if you knock it, ain't no way to stop it
Forever you're mine, baby I'm addicted, no lie, no lie.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my libido just emanates in the way I speak and whatnot. I found that gypsy girl yesterday, and it just seems like we hit it off so fast, lol. She was loving my listings all over the place, lol. I seem to be wearing some strong musk on my psyche.

Not unlike that HEB chick. "Hitting it off so fast", lol.

I wonder what's different now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comments/49kj8s/did_you_ever_met_a_girl_and_hit_it_off/

Yes. We met in a bar and it was like the movies. I saw her walk in and was instantly charmed and she was too. We spent the night drinking and dancing together. It was awesome until we figured out that we had the same last name. Things got awkward and we went our separate ways.

Falling in love with your cousin is like the way the natural world works, lol. If I could count all the cousins I've... Nevermind, lol.

(My gay male cousin was hitting on me one time, and my folks we're just like "He just really wants to get to know you.". I'm like "Dude, he's effing gay!". No one believed that he was gay until he came out of the closet like 5 years later in the navy, lol. See TOLD YOU! I'm sorry, but I have a strong gaydar and it's not because I'm gay, I swear. Although... sometimes I've wondered... lol. Falling in love with a friend, but not in a sexual way. Just a "I want to marry you for life" kind of way, lol. Like, I do that with that girls, OK, lol. I kind of actually hate gay "activism"(I guess I'm okay with gay people, hypothetically, but not when they're imposing their gayness on other non-gay-people which happens A LOT.), and it's not because I'm in denial. When will that stupid myth just die?)

Wow, totally didn't realize that girl was hitting on me until about 20 seconds after. Her very pointed question: "Are you winning the game?"

Perhaps the correct answer given the topic of discussion was "I LOST THE GAME!!! ARGGGG.", lol, whatever

Kind of a trivial encounter. By trivial, I mean her personality wasn't intriguing me like that one girl was. It's so strange too, she was kind of pretty, but she mainly had that attractive personality / voice / etc. - her prettiness wasn't really something I noticed until /after/ she skillfully reeled me in, lol. I just didn't notice her prettiness with the fake smile she initially had, I guess when her facial expressions became genuine, along with her emotions, I was like "Oh, god, you're so cute.", lol.

I'm thinking of her personality... it was like she felt like she was 'winning'... and she was feeling optimistic. She had the sense of excitement like she was going places even if I wouldn't readily surmise that from her employment as HEB (But, she was young, so I wouldn't necessarily expect much more.). It's the same sense of excitement I've had from time to time since coming here, like I'm "going places" and I'm excited about it. (This is in stark contrast to my 20s, where I didn't really feel like I was going anywhere in the quagmire that was Great Recession Spokane.)I guess at the time, we felt the same sense of excitement for the future, and I found that so appealing in her.

Tractor supply ran out of the 10 foot t-posts /and/ yes, they are the cheapest ones in the area. 8 footers are surprisingly affordable. Neighbor recommended a local shop, but they didn't have it, and the other hardware store in town was noticeably more expensive. The tallest t-posts on craigslist locally are 6 feet, so any taller requires purchasing new. Unless I steal it... lol. I noticed they called those farm jacks t-post poppers, there must be a reason for that, lol. (The thought of stealing someone t-posts is cracking me up. No, I wouldn't do that, obviously too much hassle and risk. And the fact I don't steal other people's property of course, ummmm hmmm. Stealing from neighbors is like the most abominable thing I think you could do. Stealing from thieves, however... maybe not so bad.)

And, just tasted the yellow watermelons... wow, delicious. Almost has a taste like honey, except cool and refreshing like a chilled watermelon.

I think when the time comes, I'll remove my stickers and dirt it up. I know they have laws against alteration, but I figure they can't charge me for having dirt on it since it already does, lol. I'm just betting cops here don't have familiarity with washington state plates. Point blank: I have /never/ seen a washington state plate here. I've seen florida, lousiana, mexico, etc.; but never washington state.

I wonder if I can get a simple state identification card? I'm thinking having a state ID might be particularly advantageous seeking local employment since... mmmhmmmm.... people here are very STATIST(state racist?) against out-of-staters, lol. Try opening a bank account or getting a gun... GOOD LUCK, lol. If it's hard doing that, I can't imagine employment is going to be that much easier. In my experience, at least back in Spokane, employment has way more hurdles and locals are universally prioritized just about everywhere in the world.

I stopped by the local library to see if there was giant underclass of younger people using the internet (Sign of vast unemployment.). Nope, didn't see anyone using the internet; this is reassuring.

Here's the hurdle, 2 documents with "my address"(PO address) to prove state residency.

 Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage
statement, mortgage payment booklet, or a
residential lease
 Current homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policy or
statement
 Electric, water, natural gas, satellite television, cable
television, or non-cellular telephone statement dated
within 90 days of the application date
 Medical or health card
 Valid, unexpired registration: Texas voter registration
card, motor vehicle registration or title, boat
registration or title
 Current automobile insurance policy or statement
 Current automobile payment booklet
 Texas high school, college, or university report card or
transcript for the current school year
 Preprinted paycheck or pay stub dated within 90 days
of the application date
 W-2 or 1099 tax form from the current year
 Mail from a financial institution; including checking,
savings, investment account, or credit card
statements dated within 90 days of the application
date
 Mail from a federal, state, county, or city government
agency dated within 90 days of the application date
 Current documents issued by the US Military
indicating residential address
 Selective Service card
 Concealed handgun license
 TDCJ document indicating recent release or parole
 Current Form DS-2019, I-20, or a document issued by
USCIS

Yep, don't really have any of those, lol. Wait...

The deed. Mail from my financial institution. There we go.

Except, the deed nor my financial institution have my PO address, yet. I need to ask if PO boxes are fine here - they're ubiquitous in these parts due to "non-deliverable" addresses.

I think the for the gate, I'm going to fashion one up from wood, and then apply fencing to it. The ready to go gates are too easily breeched (Seriously, only 4 feet tall?), and I don't have the equipment for making a custom metal gate. But, I can make one from wood, lol.

Ooboy, earned $60 this week. I used to be making $400/week not too long ago, holy crap, lol. Last week, I made $120 and I thought that was as bad as it was going to get, lol. Things have gotten pretty crappy super fast, wow. Getting that fence up is a high priority, and I think I might just.... not implement the gate for now, lol. Or, I'll have just get a small one in the back and that'll be the entrance for now. Granted, this week could've been /f/'ed up by the platform's retarded test that likely scared away buyers at least 4 out of 7 days that week, so this is the first week where my sales results won't be /f/ed up by the platform. But,there's a good chance that test would have some lasting affects... might take a week or two for people to forget about it... lol... I hope they forget about it sooner than later, lol.

I'm thinking the tall t-posts might've been out because of newly inspired efforts to deter thieves, maybe for similar reasons as I.

Didn't seem like tractor supply was that busy. I just wonder what's been happening to local retail recently? It's hard to believe the digital recession would be this severe and not be associated with "real world" retail recession, but maybe Houston is an exception. I mean, the stable profitable economy of houston is one major reason why I chose it. It's not hard to figure out why: Refining is a huge consistently profitable industry, and real estate is lowly priced, the area is lowly taxed and there's low regulations. So, people earn more and keep more money in their pockets.

I need to clear out the rest of the trees tomorrow morning, and then that evening, I should be able to work on clearing a path for the fence. I've been thinking about scaling back the fence, but I'd have to remove trees I really don't want to permanently remove.

I'm also going to implement the trash collection efforts tomorrow. Figured I'll collect the trash for removal in the evening, put the trash bags in the shed to protect them from wild animals overnight, then load them up in the morning time and go. I figured I don't want to waste my morning time hours picking up trash; it's valuable time I can be working on the property, like fences. Plus, usually the morning time doesn't feel like the best time to be doing "icky" work... it happens often enough I don't feel all that well in the morning, and I don't need something making me feel even sicker, lol.

I wonder about those electrician workers. I wonder if I could apply for an apprenticeship using my electrical training in the navy as saying "Hey, I have theoretical knowledge", lol. Their building looked decked out as if they made pretty good money and they had signs saying they were looking for workers. It's just a thought, no hurt in trying.

I had completed the entire training for electrical theory in nuke school, so I was slated to become a conventional electrician immediately after DTP.

Another benefit of Houston: girls. Yep. I have a feeling there's a LOT LESS girls in Terlingua, TX lol. I'd imagine it's like a miner's camp, except not. There definitely doesn't seem to be a shortage of girls here.

I was considering Terlinguia,TX but ultimately didn't because. 1) Not close enough to the main town (Post office, groceries) 2) No stable economy to fall back on should I have needed to. Houston was the best of all worlds, despite a notably higher price, because it had 1)Girls [This didn't really even enter my cognition until I met /her/, lol] 2)Stable Economy 3)Excellent gardening weather and potential 4) Little to no regulations.

(Okay, nevermind... apparently there's lots of girls at terlingua, outnumbers the guys 2.2 to 1. I really have no idea why... it's hard to believe it attracts huge amounts of hookers, lol.)

I just keep thinking back... she was so effing nervous... right after the fact... not even just kind of... but like... she /just/ got out of some kind of panic attack or something.

And she started talking to me in a "superficially nice" higher pitched voice,too. Kind of like my mom would when I'd tell her of my successes.

https://www.quora.com/If-a-girls-voice-gets-friendlier-and-slightly-higher-pitched-when-they-greet-you-does-that-mean-they-like-you

It means she found me attractive, lol. Well, I don't think that's a surprise at this point, lol.

I didn't personally like her 'nice' voice. I liked the personality she had before I made my advance. But, she wouldn't have known if I didn't make my advance, so that's unfortunate.

And... that look of loss/despair in her eyes... that seemed so disproportionate for what I was feeling. I thought she was sexy, and I was making moves, but I didn't think I was initiating some kind of girlfriend/boyfriend relationship and my pulling away was essentially a "devastating break up" to her or something. But, the look in her eyes... wow... I don't know how to emphasize it. Just seemed so unusually intense for what I thought was happening. I can only surmise she was feeling WAY STRONGER feelings than I was. I wouldn't be too surprised if I was the only person she's known so far that's looked at her like that. Probably because... most guys don't have balls... *cough* *cough*... lol (And, I will admit... it kind of felt pretty effing risky what I was doing, lol. I kind of thought, "This will go either extremely well or extremely bad very fast", lol. Apparently it went extremely well, lol. The "extremely bad" scenario I was imagining was something along the lines of her screaming, the manager coming in, calling the police, police pressing some trumped up charges to appease the little pretty lady who'd probably be lying through her teeth, lol. Don't ask me how I know these things - it's never happened to me before, personally, but... oh...I've gotten that vibe before. Not in real life. Never in real life - I think meeting in real life has a higher builtin trust factor. But people lying to get me in trouble - oh, yes, that's happened. Never legally in trouble, but oh yes. Funny enough, in real life, it seems I've had more issues with guys lying to get me in trouble, lol. You'd think that'd be more of a girl thing? lol. For example:

http://allnurses.com/general-nursing-discussion/people-who-flat-320980.html

I would think girls would be more backstabbing and conniving or somesuch but mmmm... my personal experience doesn't suggest that. Girls just want to take me to bed, lol. I guess the guys be jealous, lol.

I guess it's pretty much the same for a girl. The girl attracting all theguys getting jealousy from all the othergirls.

https://ms-jd.org/blog/article/when-other-women-hate-you-because-you039re-beautiful

Uhhh huh, yep that's it. Guys are jealous of me, lol.

Seems like such a ridiculous notion... but I can only assume I'm the male equivalent of the pretty lady all the women are jealous of.

That one guy was definitely getting jealous of that girl liking me, lol. He was definitely not hiding it, taking potshots all over the place, lol. It's funny enough too, because she could easily see through it, lol.

Platform. Here it comes, the 'Princess Bride' quote: You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it does. Are you using it in the context of online sales as a 'Platform?' Not exactly the right usage, but I guess close enough it's an honest mistake.

swbluto said:
My mom's advice was "Go after a job you love, it's easier to keep"

You mean like how easy it was to love being a drigible mechanic after the Hindenberg burned? I ultimately found myself thinking I should go after the job I could KEEP, it's easier to love. But I haven't found the job I could keep, they're all like the Hindenberg. Amidst all the freelance work there's plenty of jobs noone could love. The one security I had was that it wasn't my only job, so in an environment where they're always testing you, looking to see just how much they can do to you and get away with, it's not my only gig so it's easy to leave. Then listen to the wailing as they try to get me to come back. One guy tried again several months later as the walls were falling, admitting it was all proving me right. Too late now.

I'd say think less about "Loving" the job, more about believing in it. If I knew then what I know now, I'd question the value of the low paid, low end jobs such as the local cable company or the smallest city cable channel where noone has any respect for what you did while you were there, it's pretty much the same as having not worked at all. That's TV, I don't know what you would consider equivalent and not equivalent. But I wish I'd known to not bother with certain parttime yet ongoing jobs that kept me away from doing better but less stable things, in the long run I'd have been ahead, as I still wasn't making a living with the permanently poor jobs and I was prying old tires from the side of the road onto a wheel so I could keep driving.

But then I wonder just what sort of strict love what you do propaganda I fell victim to. When it went right I've loved working in television. There's been so much bad I've had to put up with just to stay with it, what with those corrupt individuals wanting to take advantage of the overabundance of semiqualified people running around I have to question if it's really been worth it.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/02/a-japanese-soldier-who-continued-fighting-wwii-29-years-after-the-japanese-surrendered-because-he-didnt-know/

But don't we all want to believe there's light at the end of the tunnel?

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/01/in-wwi-alvin-york-captured-132-german-soldiers-in-pretty-much-a-1-against-132-gunfight/

I'm not sure I understand your numbers on calories. They sound short.

Keep in mind these rations are for the active:

https://www.quora.com/What-were-the-typical-rations-that-the-main-belligerents-during-WWII-gave-their-soldiers-and-which-nations-soldiers-were-the-best-fed

The US also developed a lighter weight ration - the K ration - that was intended as an emergency ration. The K ration was not well balanced nutritionally and provided fewer calories, about 3000 calories for three meals versus 6000 calories in C rations, in spite of containing more sweets (chocolate bars, caramels, sugar tablets). K-rations included 4 cigarettes instead of the 9 cigarettes per meal of C rations.

swbluto said:
Girls just want to take me to bed, lol. I guess the guys be jealous, lol.

Sounds like someone has never been on a date. Well, you THOUGHT about it a thousand times, anyway.

swbluto said:
I just keep thinking back... she was so effing nervous... right after the fact... not even just kind of... but like... she /just/ got out of some kind of panic attack or something.

Dan has tried to get through to you about the shower thing. This is how bad it's gotten.

Falling in love with your cousin is like the way the natural world works, lol. If I could count all the cousins I've... Nevermind, lol.

Ever hear Kevin Bacon sing a song about 'Too Much Information?'

Sounds like someone has never been on a date. Well, you THOUGHT about it a thousand times, anyway.

Well, actually, I have but... I wouldn't consider those 'natural' dates. Guy going after girl vs. girl going after guy. So, I never really was interested to pursue them, because that's what you have to do. You've got to pin them against the wall, stare them down, wait for the surprised look, and then plant those lips and start sucking, lol. Maybe I've watched too much anime, but assuming you've already established the intimacy, I don't see it going wrong.

Anyway, there are some girls who will just start without you asking, and sure, you might find it initially awkward and surprising, but you soon find out it isn't really that bad.

[youtube]DKgcThjYBHs[/youtube]

Valuable lessons here. Girls flock to the entertainers. Something about producing positive emotions in a crowd seems to attract them.[I think it might be more the lack of fear in performing in front of a crowd in combination with having the attention of so many; one or more of them are more than likely to fall. This lack of fear seems to be a common thread, mhmmmm.] Girls were hitting on me so much during my limited time as a magician, lol, and a girl said something just like this video too, lol. Her name was Miranda. [/my name/, will you just /f/ me?! lol. It was a somewhat seedy ribald group, that, lol. That was an interesting group, too. They introduced me to some obscure text-based online RPG I've never really heard of but apparently they found interesting. I'm like... jeez.... do these people not know of like final fantasy, Baldur's Gate, Oblivion and all that? lol. I'm not really sure how they found it, and I'm not entirely sure why they found it interesting, lol. I guess it had the theming of a Renaissance Festival, something I guess not particularly common at the time. They had a talent for finding and sharing modern memes and 'sensations'. I guess maybe they were 'cool cats' of the internet or something, lol.]

I guess, like this video, my back was fairly erect, my grin rather wide, as I charmed the crowd, lol. (I use the word 'charmed' there loosely.)

Seems the buyers are coming back... so business might pick up again... but... something like that only needs to happen once to convince me to DRASTICALLY CHANGE course! lol

I theorize maybe people blew their load during the July 4th happenings this year, so it's had a shorterm impact on their spending this month, but it's just odd this didn't happen last year.
nd a
And got 4 hours of sleep, and after working out under the hot sun, the right ear pulsatile tinnitus was picking up. Let's think back to that left-sided hemiparesis that one night about 10 months ago [Entire left side loss of muscle tone and control; muscle went completely flaccid, a very surreal and very distinctive feeling. Lasted about a couple seconds]. In that same time period, I noticed this right ear pulsatile tinnitus at times (Largely when taking a hot bath). Yep, so I'm thinking either hematoma resulting from carotid dissection due to excessive use of that neck stretcher, or carotid stenosis due to a combination of factors relating to the immune system regulation and bacteria. With this persisting right sided cheek soreness at times that seems to originate from my top right molar, that seems to radiate along my right cheekbone, carotid stenosis is not entirely unlikely as much as I might wish for a carotid dissection that should eventually heal. But the timing of the dissection event was notable in relation to everything else (It seemed like a bunch of funky crap was happening in the time immediately afterwards; episodes seemed triggered by neck position and what particular side I was sleeping on. So, neck involvement is not hard to speculate.), so I can't rule that out.

Man, I just think about this girl I met... she's like a normal girl [I think? Her reaction to my advance seemed a bit freaky, lol. I don't want to say she's an alien... but umm... lol. She was still hot though, and I won't necessarily say in spite of that, lol, could be precisely because of it. I felt a supernatural attraction to her that I've never really felt for anyone. I mean, don't get me wrong... there's girls I've been fond of, or I have appreciated their particular set of skills, but I wouldn't say necessarily I wanted their babies, lol. And by that, unlike what https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080912182830AAypXyR might suggest, I don't mean I just want to hit it and quit it... I literally mean exactly that.]. The girls I knew back in Spokane were like... weird,lol. But they were emotionally normal, yes.

[youtube]a1G21YY6S4E[/youtube]

(The lyrics say "That girl's an alien", just confirming my sentiments aren't isolated. Otherwise,there's no reason to listen, lol.]

0514486e9823b521848599aedaa54d0f71e1c9-wm.jpg

The background looks exactly like my property. Treesy and naturey, lol. [For some reason, I get the sense most people saying (At least on online pictures) this are girls, lol.]

Signs are definitely pointing to penny pinching. The new orders I've been getting, I've noticed have been predominately single item orders instead of ordering of entire sets. So, yes, people are prioritizing the ones they really want despite paying a noticeably higher item price, because the overall cost is lower than ordering a set. So, to succeed in this environment looks like it'll require competing on price, sacrificing quality if need be. Competing on price, though, tends to set a precedent that's hard to shake, even if the economy improves. In other words, profit margins become permanently reduced. So, in other words, it's unlikely I would ever see the profit margins I once had. Yep, so time to explore new markets, and I definitely won't be ignoring the local job markets, lol. I think I will have to accept the inevitable truth this will likely never be as profitable as it once was. Which kind of sucks, considering all the equipment I've invested money into.But, hey, at least I'm wise enough to see the writing on the wall, an insight that not everyone has.

I'm not in a particularly good position to compete on price because my energy costs are 4x higher than my competitors and it's surprisingly energy intensive. Add insult to injury is the equipment replacement costs when power generation equipment inevitably fails, which in my experience, is rather fast. Less than a year. So, I'm not saying that I can't be profitable, but it'd be ill-advised to depend on it for my bread and butter. So I'm looking for another "bread and butter" market, which traditionally has been the job market. Finding another bread and butter digital market will face the same pitfalls, competing on price and lower order revenue averages, so that's not really a good solution. I mean, it is /A/ solution that could potentially increase revenue, but it takes a lot of time and effort (And potentially money) to generate any significant revenues, and time isn't something I have lot of. Buying the new generator 1.5 years earlier than expected had a way of wiping out my savings position, and a persisting shortfall in revenues is kind of bad timing. I'm not entirely desperados right now, and I have room to maneuver, but... not a lot of room, lol.

A house is not on the radar for now. Maybe it will when I find another bread and butter income source. A car-dependent bread and butter income source (i.e., job) will necessitate buying another car sooner rather than later, further setting back my cash position for building a house. I think with these "farflung properties" that characterize 90% of Houston, a minimum price of entry should be 1) 2 vehicles 2) domicile. I didn't consider I might need a second car when I bought this property, but it's becoming a very strong consideration now.

Okay, well, I've taken some measurements of my back area that's 'plantable', and strictly within my property line, I have 100ftx75ft available, which is 7500 sq. ft. of gardening space (.17 acres). If I embellish along the areas near the propertly line into my neighbors property, I get about an extra 1500 sq. ft., or about .2 acres.

I really have no idea why this page is telling me nearly 2 acres, lol. http://convertnation.com/7500-square-feet-to-acres

harvesting enough rainwater to supply that much land, however, is a real consideration. At some point, drilling a well (water table is about 15-20 ft. down during the summer), would be a more sensible solution with that kind of scale. Luckily, with such a high water table, there are significantly cheaper methods available for drilling. If need be, I could just get my shovel and start digging up a well mexican-style, lol. But, oh, digging into the compressed clay at the 4 foot level... oh, so so hard, lol.

Anyway, with the fallen trees serving as a privacy fence for my back yard, the backyard feels like a true secluded area completely surrounded by the forest on all sides. It feels serene and peaceful.Then with the occasional gust of cool wind set against the radiant summer sun... just feels wonderful back there. The scent of the roasting pine adds to it, just makes it so pleasant. If I had a water feature back there (Pool for example), that would be just nirvana, lol.

love nirvana.

It's funny. That girl I used to know was named nirvanalove. There's no trace of her now as she once existed, but I do have a backup of the entire now-forever-gone site, something I obtained with my custom spiders. I'm not really... interested in her like I once was. I think I've "grown up", and decided I would just pursue anyone that I fell for instead of trying to force something to work. And, it turns out it really works a hell of a lot better that way, lol. At least as far as my happiness goes. I know, I know... like, there's millions of people that do this naturally ever since the beginning, they don't even have to think about it, but I was under the impression I should choose my partners wisely based on objective criteria and I'd make it work because I thought I could do anything. I know, idealistic naivete has a way of being eventually swept under the rug of experience, lol...

In that warm climate, if you don't debark those logs and get them off the ground, you will have scrap logs within 2 years. IF you happen to get to sawing them, keep an eye out for the " Denim Pine". It will be blue stained and sell for more than regular pine.

Your silly converter is working with square meters. 4,046.9 is one acre.

Dude, I've found your sideline. The July 22-28 edition of 'The Economist' reveals there is a shortage of. . .EXORCISTS! At $200 a visit you'll still have plenty of time for, er, hemp sales. You probably have to go to the library, this is too silly a leftwing mouthpiece for the bookstores of Texas. Page 53, you can also read of socialists in Italy losing the Mussolini era gains while you're there.

Woohoo! Found a generous benefactor from Texas. I'm starting to think these "large single order" people are a lifeline, lol. (I used to be able to depend on the crowds... lol)

Looks like this benefactor is from a lake community from Dallas. Dallas, as a whole(Not including ghetto areas), definitely seems to be more uppity than Houston as a whole, lol.

The pine around here definitely seems to stain green for some reason. And, exorcism eh? I'm sure the locals who'd be paying for my services would be like "Hay un diablo blanco en aqui. Matalo!", lol. Just kidding, that'd probably go more to my restriction roommate "Herman", who definitely had the kind of ... how would I describe him... he looked like an inbred hillbilly from the hinterlands of Alabama, with the crooked teeth, buggy eyes through the pop-bottle glasses, and kind of general awkwardness. I was more the... lol... I don't know, don't ask me, lol. Center of attention at times and they seemed to like me, and it's not because I was trying, lol. When I turned on my restriction roommate who was imposing his gayness on others and being a manipulative little bitch to get what he wanted, that certainly seemed to hasten my exit among the superiors there. "Snitches get stitches", lol. I didn't care though, I was getting out on laughable reasons.

Anyway, doing some walkthroughs of all the new work... it just rained... kind of humid, definitely cool moisture on the skin... and the entrance to the back is so enchanting. I completely covered the areas around the entrance with branches from the leafy oaks, whose leaves have now turned brown, and so it feels like you're walking through a fall time wonderland entering the back, lol. I don't really know how long the branches will keep their leaves (I get the sense they'll eventually fall off), but for right now, it's just kind of charming, lol. I did it that way to maximize privacy of the back, so it can't be seen from the road. But, now it's got the double benefit of being like some kind of sophisticated decor, lol, despite its very rudimentary nature.

(I was delimbing the oaks and found places to put the newly acquired branches. Now I need to chainsaw them but it just rained, so I think I'll do that in 15 minutes or so, shouldn't take too long. This is the last of the fallen trees to be removed.)

Right after the 13th of July, $100/270 visits = 37 cents / visit. It used to be $1/visit for all of history. This seems to be pretty much exactly fit in with the girl's mention of a 62% revenue decline. Revenue decline not because of not being seen, but because people aren't spending as much ("pinching pennies"). It's interesting how this seemed to happened on exactly after the 14th. Was there anything notable that happened on July 13th/14th nationally or internationally? The "spent my load" hypothesis for july 4th would make sense, except that sales were pretty strong until upto the 13th.

Did interest rates go up?

Turns out July 14th is Bastille Day. Hmmm... I don't see the connection, lol. Was there a massive terrorist attack on Bastille day this year?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/14/news/economy/us-economy-retail-sales/index.html?iid=EL

Interesting, this article "Americans are cutting back on spending" appeared on exactly July 14th.

I wonder if this article (or similar articles) had wide exposure in the media around the 14th, and it really compelled people who weren't cutting back to cut back? I wouldn't think a single article would that be influential, but I could be really massively underestimating the power of the media.

Experts say weak retail sales aren't a sign that a recession is around the corner. Job growth is still strong, unemployment is low and wages are still growing, albeit slowly. Growth just isn't picking up. "Business as usual for the U.S. economy," Pearce adds.

Okay, well if the labor markets are still going strong, and retail is the only sector experiencing weakness, maybe I should divest from retail, lol, and invest my energy into the labor markets (Go get a job). Hey, that sounds like my original idea, lol.

I guess, maybe, ideally not a retail job, lol. 42mil jobs are retail out of ... 180 million... that's like 24% of the economy. And it seems to be 80% of the economy within 15 miles of here. But, maybe not... I get the sense there's probably a lot of trade jobs in that one particular direction based on male income stats. Actually, in two different directions. For some reason, Conroe doesn't have high male income stats...

It's interesting I can't seem to find the revenue decline threads tonight, but it was so easy to find 2 days ago.

Dauntless said:

Ever hear Kevin Bacon sing a song about 'Too Much Information?'

I'm only using misdirection here, lol. The most I've done with cousins was get into deep conversations and mutually felt like we're meant for each other. But, the social stigma that we both possessed prevented it from going any further. Thinking back though... if there was only one girl I could've ever kissed in my entire life... she'd be up there, lol. The ambiance was definitely a let's makeout kind of ambiance. I didn't stare her down or anything or even intend to flirt with her or anything... just feels like it...in

(If we think of kissing as representing resource sharing, this shouldn't come as too surprising that resource sharing would be preferred within ones 'tribe'/extended-family-circle.)

Good advice on the job you love being the one you keep. I would say that's why I joined the navy, but I was well aware of the dropout rates in Nuke School, and didn't harbor any job security fantasies there. The problem with nuke school is that 1) the bar is set pretty darn high (Mess up once, you're out) 2) They give you 2 years to do it, lol [with about 5 total months of what is essentially 'vacation' time.]. The reason why the dropout rate in Flight school isn't nearly as high is because by the time you get base freedoms ("Phase 3" where you can wear civilian clothes when offduty and go off base) where you have good opportunity to "mess up", you've already graduated and you're on a ship! lol. (6 weeks of training, vs the 104 weeks for nukes.)

Once you're on a ship, it's not really as easy to mess up. Violating liberty radius for example is a lot harder when you're underway, lol. Unless you have the rare penchant for jumping off ships and swimming with the sharks, lol. The 10-mile radius from the docks in foreign lands often has enough interesting venues in the vicinity where it doesn't feel like you're missing much for the 3 days you're there.

Oh look, one of my most recent customers who's been ordering incomplete sets is about 45 miles south from me. Maybe I should drive down to her house and ask her what's been happening? And, ask her about the local economy and the news she's been reading/watching and all that. Because, I get the feeling she might know something I don't, lol. [Her buying behavior isn't really that far out of the norm... but the collective buyer behavior recently certainly is. They're buying but pinching pennies and it started on a particular day.]

With the recent income for this week, though, I think I might have enough to splurge on a farmjack for removing treestumps. Because, that's pretty much what I have left at this point, removing treestumps.

Not sure how I'll securely attach the farmjack to the thinner smooth round tree stumps. With the larger ones, I figured I'd put a long nail through it, which the chain could attach to, but the smaller ones where putting a nail through it doesn't look easy... hmmm... Update: On second thought, a screw would likely be easier. Hammer a nail into a semi-flexible thin round tree stump might be somewhat difficult.

I guess I could wrap rubber bands around it to create a bulge. Then what to do from there, I'm still thinking, lol.

Anyway, I think back to her reaction... and it reminds me of a dog. You put the treat out there, they look so eagerly at it, then they look left/right as if figuring out how they're going get it, and then they start barking. Except, she didn't bark; she started imitating a baby, lol.

Gosh, now the task is figuring out what the metaphorical treat I was holding was...

I would like to think she wanted love,but... I'm open to the possibility like a dog, they might want love too, but they want that treat more, lol. Of course, once you give it to them, they love you all over the place, lol. And they want more. lol

Possible treats: Love, dick, garden, house, lol. The "Ho wanting some dick" theory because she's flirting with everyone would suggest the second option,lol.

Maybe that's why she was so interested in my bananas. "Do you buy them because they're a stimulating phallic symbol for you?" lol. No girl, I'm not gay! lol

Her interest in my bananas went above and beyond normal levels of interest, lol. I'm getting a strong feeling for a girl who wants some dick. And no wonder why I was feeling like I should be giving it to her; she was really trying hard in persuading me to give it to her (Flirting), and she got so excited once the treat was being offered. OK, yeah we have verdict now, lol. [Actually, I was half involved in that... persuasion... I can't deny I was emphasizing attractive qualities in sexually attracting her, lol. Not because I was consciously doing so, but it was rather instinctive, like a built-in play whose script I just had to be willing to follow.]

It's very possible she wanted both, love and dick. They're commonly conflated, it's somewhat rare for a girl to only want sex, except for maybe at least some hos. That probably also depends on the guy. There's been many a female who only wanted me for my body, lol. (Just kidding, lol. I won't deny that their are guys that girls just want to /f/; they're typically considered HOTT, lol.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Hott&page=2
It makes lots of girls angry that gay guys are so f***ing HOTT.

Gosh, I just wonder if I'm suppressing my homosexuality and that's why I hate gays so much like they say, lol. God, I swear I'm not gay, I just have a tendency to get really attached to a particular guy as a friend that I /sometimes/ feel like I wouldn't mind marrying for life, lol. That doesn't make me gay, though... right? It just means I tend to form strong friendships, like the average introvert.

That obviously doesn't make me gay, gay guys jump around so much from partner to partner, lacking fidelity.And furthermore, established gay guys tended to hate my best friend, so obviously we're not of the "gay faction", lol.

Update: Well, I've figured out how to remove the smaller saplings. I'd take a thick ring, I'd tap a screw hole in it, then I'd insert a long set screw to press against the sapling trunk, then I'd have something large enough to grab onto with the chain when wrapping the trunk. It'd be also possible, if I machined the ring, to design it so it has a loop attached that I could attach a hook or strong caribeener to (which would be attached to the chain).

That's one capability I don't have at the moment: Machining. I have the equipment, hypothetically, but I don't have the billet nor know-how/experience.

I'm just wondering if there's a part at home depot that's pretty similar to this. A ring/tube with screw hole in it. I guess if I found a thick enough pipe, I could drill and tap it for a screw screw. Then if I had a welder, I'd weld a loop onto it.

All this talk about sex, Do YOU really know what it is?
So when will you get it? Get it over, do her and get on with your life. No time/place for a woman in your life, as you make it to be. Or are you still a kid?

Been too long here about IT. I thought this was about YOUR forestland and solar. With all this time I have started to wonder. Does this RV have a shower or a place to relieve yourself, where do you go? I take the RV is just a empty trailer that you live in. No water, heat/ac, shower or toilet. So does the fear shit in the woods? :mrgreen:

Dan

Hey dude, I'm allowed to fantasize to pass the boring times when it's either too hot to work outside or I'm too worn down from yesterday's hard work (Like today!), lol.

It's one of those things my recently well-developed muscles have been doing: boosting those testosterone levels. Add in the fact there was a recent encounter I successfully had reciprocated, oh yeah, that drive is definitely there and I'm enjoying it, lol. I don't care about the practicalities or this "room in your life" you speak of... the drive does not care.

David Hume said:
Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office than to serve and obey them.

The truth is, if there was ever a day where this "room in your life" was needed, "room" would be made for it.

And, what's good about my situation is hope and the fact I'm not /really/ drowning, despite the lower revenue levels in the face of the recent retail recession due to the sudden persisting change in buyer habits currently. There's actually a lot I can be doing if I wanted to expand, I'm just focusing more on getting ready for job searching and farming, and that means getting the back cleared and the fence implemented. It's best to get farming going sooner rather than later due to the long lead times and the fact this time of the year is the best time for carb production. Job searching is being prioritized over expansion because the increase in revenue is a hell of a lot faster. Expansion takes time, in the face of current buyer habits, generating an equivalent amount of revenue increase would take A LOT OF TIME and, further, new markets. I've pretty much tapped out my current market.

The idea is that once I have a fulltime job, I have a stable situation to continue expanding my sideline businesses (See, I need equipment to implement the new 24V system, mainly batteries which takes savings.). If eventually I can get power in, that would also be a boon. But, I don't really think I want to get power in since it'd invite new neighbors and there's enough "bad neighbors" here.

My shower is a 7 gallon water bucket with some soap near it. When my body gets itchy, I wet myself down, lather up, rinse off and dry with a towel. It's a bit tricky with all the ants around my soap and on the ground, lol. Constantly on the move so they don't climb up, lol.

As to toilet, I do have an RV camping toilet that I could use. And should a health inspector stop by, that's what I will tell them.

Seeing the 30-something caucasian father riding by with his 7-year old blond daughter had me a little concerned. I don't think the mexicans are looking to get me in trouble, but caucasian guys, and especially fathers: There's a higher risk. The people raising hell with the authorities in my old neighbor were older caucasian males.

Anyway, as to this "room" you speak of... lol.

Did you hear of that story of some guy who ran away into the mountain forests to escape his creditors, and there he found freedom and a feeling like he discovered the way he's supposed to live, his depression lifted and he felt truly happy, and then in the years to come he was having summer flings with the campers. He didn't have "room", but that sure didn't stop him. You just need an invitation into someone's tent.

My story is not too far removed from his at its core.

Man, chafing has never really been a persisting problem until recently. I hate it, lol. The solution of ignoring it and letting time heal all wounds is just even worse, lol. It hates being ignored. And it's not the frequency that's the issue either.

Looks like Navasota has the regionally high unemployment rate. Everywhere else in the Houston area seems to be doing great. This isn't too surprising: The lack of regulations in Navasota has a way of making the area look bad as the poorest/cheapest-ass actors put up these shabby buildings that make the area look like an eyesore, causing businesses to flee. Pretty much identical to chicago - the city is an eyesore with the rusted, neglected ironworks throughout the city. Anyway, that would explain the traffic. I would say that dynamic applies to this neighborhood, too, but this isn't a place where people are trying to find employment, lol.

The area around here with the highest levels of regulation, and civic pride as seen in how the area is kept up, has the lowest employment rate. Much businesses flocking there.

I've noticed that stores seem to be emptier than I last remember them. This would reflect lower retail spending, I would think.

This has interesting ramifications.

When they made the article that retail spending was lower, at the time of the article, it was only down like some 10% or some such from earlier than in the year. In the article, they were like "Retailing is going down slightly but everything else is good, so experts don't believe there'll be a recession". After the article, it was down some 63%! Methinks 63%, if true across the board, is definitely going to cause a recession somewhere somehow. Because if sales are down that persistently, I guarantee retail staff is going to face massive layoffs and/or massively cut hours driving unemployment up (Retail jobs comprise 24% of the economy). Of course, the unemployment rate is not going to show up officially for another 2-3 months or so, but the people who are applying now are going to feel it immediately: If/when businesses notice a significant slowdown in sales (Like I did), there's going to be an immediate hiring freeze (Thus pushing up unemployment), and eventually there'll be layoffs/hour-reductions. Finding a job when there's widespread hiring freezes is going to be tough! Thus, the /REAL/ unemployment rate is going to be 'high' right now!

Of course, there might be an exception for certain places... like Houston. There's a number of businesses opening up in the lake city, and they're going to need to fill positions regardless if there's hiring freezes everywhere else. So, there will be openings somewhere in some industry. But, the amount of applicants might vastly outnumber those open positions.

The idea of a retail driven recession seems... easy to understand... but hard to figure out its relations to everything else. If retail goes down, does anything else go up in response? Or does everything just go down? lol.

When capital left the housing market back in 2008, it went directly into oil, pushing it up. After 7 years, that capital left oil and went somewhere else... probably back into housing. Seems like housing went back up a bit over the last couple years and tales of investors buying up housing seems widespread. If retail spending goes down, does that money go anywhere else? I guess /hypothetically/ it goes straight into people's savings accounts and savings goes up... but only temporarily... as reduced retail employment will start to have a drawdown affect on savings for many people. Not everyone, but definitely on people dependent on retail employment and everyone whose position is affected by the retail sector in one way form or another. So the net affect on savings might be a wash overall, especially if prolonged. That is, the national savings rate might not really see a huge increase, even if there's reduced spending and increased saving, as incomes would be driven down for many, thus reducing the ability to save. [Like ME for example, lol.]

I wonder what job markets would be impervious to a retail driven recession? Would housing be unaffected and thus skilled trades be unaffected? I would think the refining business would be unaffected, and thus jobs associated with the energy industry in Houston wouldn't feel much affect. So, working for an energy company might not be a bad idea, lol. Medical wouldn't likely feel much affect from it as poaching the savings/retirements of the elderly is their bread and butter.

So finding a tech position within the energy industry might not be a bad approach. No guarantee of success, but not a bad ambition.I could also go the route of my father and apply for tech within the hospital realm. Either/or would probably tend to be more stable lucrative employment.

Current needs
----------------
(As of july 27,2017) 5 gallon fully synthetic motor oil for the van

Current wish list
----------------------------
-batteries to run my fan at night (lol) or 24v batteries to provide backup-power to the devices (With low production levels, not really an issue right now; it's key for high production levels with use of the 1400w champion generator, though unproven to work.)
-handpowered auger (https://www.amazon.com/Seymour-AUA2-Adjustable-Auger-Handle/dp/B00002N8OE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1501191597&sr=8-8&keywords=hand+auger) - to dig post holes for the corner posts and with the addition of some piping, to dig a hole for the well.
-t-posts, corner posts, some concrete (To finish the fence)
-Farmjack (To remove the existing treetrunks in preparation for gardening.)

Large purchases
--------------------
second vehicle
house
lap pool

I'll want to keep track of this list so I can easily prioritize purchases as savings becomes available. Savings sources: Profits, labor, asset sales

And, I've added a link to it from the first post (So I don't forget).

How would someone send you a package by UPS or FedEx without you having a street address or someone that could arrange that for you ?

It could be sent to the local post office under my "General Delivery" address and then I'd pick it up. I'd prefer pm'ing this address.

But, mmmm.... I have a terrible habit of ... not wanting anything from anyone and vice versa, unless I or they work for it (I don't want to feel indebted). But, I'd be willing to make an exception in this case, lol.

And... I think I just discovered that my neighbor keeps driving by not because he's checking on his property (There's literally nothing to check on), but because he's looking out for mine! Yeah, that fence is definitely getting constructed, and this guy has a truck, so liabilities are even greater than the bicycle guy. (I could see the passenger trying to look as far in as he could... lol.)

I still need to finalize the fence design.

https://www.amazon.com/Seymour-21306-Hardwood-Handle-Diameter/dp/B00002N8OK/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1501212191&sr=1-1&keywords=seymour+hand+auger

This looks like it'd work and it's the cheapest option I could find. PVC pipes only go upto 6" anyway at home depot, so a 6" auger would be perfect I think?

I'll likely get this on Monday and wrap it up with fencing costs. The fence is one of those things where cost, while minimizing it is of concern, doesn't really have a strict budget. Whatever it takes to get it done (In a relatively timely manner).
g
Although, if I'm getting it on monday, why don't I get it right now? Lol.

Okay, got it right now, and I paid $1 more so that amazon would NOT BE SHIPPING IT. This is very purposeful: their "Free shipping" is code for "We make you wait as long as effing possible before you get it", lol. And the seller I bought it from has feedback suggesting speedy shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back