Vector bike and frame owners.

liamcaff said:
DasDouble said:
@Hertzelz I don´t think so. My 18" x 3.5" do already barely fit into the swingarm. I have space of about 0.2mm on each side of the rim I guess. Impossible with 19".

Edit: Maybe with a wider swingarm, it could be possible. One for fatbike tires for example. Ask Artur for that.

Anyone know where I can buy an 18" x 3" tyre and suitable tube for my rear wheel?

Also looking for a front wheel: 18" with tyre and tube....

These are motorcycle tires and tubes and most motorcycle tire website will carry them, got mine from ebay.

Thanks for the advice - Any links to ebay ads?

DasDouble said:
liamcaff said:
DasDouble said:
@Hertzelz I don´t think so. My 18" x 3.5" do already barely fit into the swingarm. I have space of about 0.2mm on each side of the rim I guess. Impossible with 19".

Edit: Maybe with a wider swingarm, it could be possible. One for fatbike tires for example. Ask Artur for that.

Anyone know where I can buy an 18" x 3" tyre and suitable tube for my rear wheel?

Also looking for a front wheel: 18" with tyre and tube....

I have bought mine from ebay. Only from ebay. Amazon de doesnt offers something like that I think. But Amazon com does.

Here we go:

Just looked for 18" x 3.5" motorcycle... :pancake:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Motorcycle-Tyre-3-5-X18-4PR-/162547349056?hash=item25d893b640:g:ew4AAOSwXYtYxBVs

DasDouble said:
Here we go:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Motorcycle-Tyre-3-5-X18-4PR-/162547349056?hash=item25d893b640:g:ew4AAOSwXYtYxBVs

Most probably wont fit the stock swing arms

abahanad said:
DasDouble said:
Here we go:

Most probably wont fit the stock swing arms

Im not sure anymore, which rim I exactly bought, But I think I have just bought a 18" x 3.5" one. It fits for 2.5 mm. 2.5mm wider and it would not anmore :mrgreen:

You can see it on my older posts. Just look for it.

So with the hot weather now days my vector (and the other electric 29er) are heating up quick, i already ordered heat sinks to go on the controller and remkved the controller cover for the time bieng, i also lowered the battery current to 50 and phase current to 110.
Still heats up pretty quick, sadly i dont have anything to cool the motor with and i dont have the time and patiance to unspoke the motor for hub sinks so i might go with ferrofluid for the motor.
Any other ideas ?
I did autodetect 5 times and it even heat up quicker than before, any variable to adjust that will help with heat ? I dont care if i lose 10mph out of 50 if it means bieng able to continue my journey without stopping to cool, i never let the temp over 80c

Well with the Max-E it is quite hard to not get over 80 degrees imo.. Im always at about maybe 87? And I ride with about 10kW peak at the moment. Maybe this could help:

https://hubsink.com/

Otherwise: Look for the adaptto manual fine tuning video of doc bass.

abahanad said:
So with the hot weather now days my vector (and the other electric 29er) are heating up quick, i already ordered heat sinks to go on the controller and remkved the controller cover for the time bieng, i also lowered the battery current to 50 and phase current to 110.
Still heats up pretty quick, sadly i dont have anything to cool the motor with and i dont have the time and patiance to unspoke the motor for hub sinks so i might go with ferrofluid for the motor.
Any other ideas ?
I did autodetect 5 times and it even heat up quicker than before, any variable to adjust that will help with heat ? I dont care if i lose 10mph out of 50 if it means bieng able to continue my journey without stopping to cool, i never let the temp over 80c

autodetect is not the solution you need to fine tune the max. to do this sett 1A and 3A phase, and fint the angl corr. that will give you the top speed . top speed - highest efficiensy, less heat. hope it is clear ) let me know if not

abahanad said:
Any other ideas ?

You don't need to unspoke the motor to fit hubsink. The hubsink comes in 6 parts iirc. Made that way so assembly will work without removing the spokes.
Add a dash of FF and heat sink and your problem will most likely be solved.

Thankyou all,
Dasdouble , i just ordered both the hubsink and ferrofluid, my tempareture gets high quick most probably because of the weight and that my area has steep hills, it only started going above 60c for the past 3 days since the outside tempareture is 30c.

Artur. Yea i found that out the hardway since i did the autodetect my temperature is even higher with less power than the time i got the bike from you.... trail and error , i will try to do some fine tuning in an hour or so.

Macribs. Yup i just noticed that, did order heat sinks that will fit the maxe and hubsinks with ferrofluid, any idea on how to install ferro fluid without dessembling the whole thing on the qs205?

Sad things always happen.
The vector was the best thing i ever rode, the amount of fun i had doesnt even compare to overpowered motorcycles it was just FUN.
After dealing with all the small things and finally getting the perfect for me bike i locked it in my front garden with a preoperley installed ground anchor and a 14mm chain thats unbreakable , next day morning the bike was gone, even the lock was gone.
I feel bad for not getting it secured properly with an alarm of some sort but its all my mistake.
I wont stop the search for the time bieng but i cant find it anywhere in the UK yet.
For the time bieng i am using my foldable bike to transport as my only form of transportation is a bike.

Might go the big and heavy route once again , this time with lipos, fat 19 inch tires and qs273.
Still choosing between vector frame or the nyx frame, i just cant make my mind yet.

Anyone have a high power controller in mind 72 or 96 v high current ? (200A+)?
Dont want to go with adaptto as it wont have the ability to deliver my power needs, mobipous are canceling my order for the 72200.
Sevcon gen4 72v size6 is a really promising controller but with the need of knowledge with can bus and wirring i never worked with.

HAve you looked at Sabvoton? Or others from QS motor, Vito is great to deal with. Good prices too. They also got kelly controllers, APT controllers and some 120v 800A LBMC controllers.

Apt controller is 600 A up to 120v, have a look.

http://www.cnqsmotor.com/en/article_list/Motor%20Controller/108.html

There is also a controller that has upgraded parts like better mosfets, thicker phase wires and better heat sink, https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=85156&hilit=20kw that can output 20 kw peak according to seller.

These are what came to mind, of course there is various "no-name" China controllers.

JuliaHH said:
striker54 said:
moonshine said:
Do the frames come with head tube bearings? Conventional, integrated or semi integrated headset?

No, you have to buy and install them (unless you negotiate that with Artur).
They are conventional headset 1.1/8" Ahead (34mm)
I bought this: http://e-bikes-testsieger.de/

very interesting....thanks

We have headsets for frames that are good for bouth cone forks and 1 1/8 forks. Headset with high quality sealed bearings. Normally clients order frame with headset installed.

If someone is looking for sidestands for theire Vector frame, i've had experience with such.
kickstand experince sounds laughable, but true :lol:

Artur said:
We've received kickstands for 17''. If you have 26" wheels, we will receive that kickstand in one week.
MsZELC0PNTU.jpg

Let us know if this kickstand is good for you.

Best regards,
Olga from Vector team.

Artur said:
madin88 said:
Hi,

i have 24" wheels on white vector and 17" moped (22,5" OD) on black so i think the length should be OK, but is it strong enough? It looks so fragile..

The sidecover is white and without vents. i only would need left side but if you pack them as a pair than its also OK.

cheers
Martin

Dear Martin,

These kickstands aren't fragile, they are made from stainless steel.
We will send you small white sidecovers without vents.

Best regards,
Olga from Vector team.

After one month on the bike, both kickstands broke:

0M8atN.jpg

The lower part is a 10mm tube with 1mm wall thickness and not made of stainless steel. It is welded to a M10 bolt for adjusting the length. both, the tube and bolt got bended almost each time of usage.

The reaction of Vector in summary:
send it back and we will repair them (to my shipping costs)
or
lower parts will be replaced (to my shipping costs)

I did not agree for a repair (shipping costs would be a waste of money because i could do the same in a local workshop), and i also did not want to get the same fragile parts again.
Later, Artur told me they will get soon a new version of kickstands and will give me two for free (my reaction -> :D )
But than i was put off from month to month, and now i was giving up hope and telling Artur i'm done with his sort of business..

Now i am using the stands from the chinese EEB frame which costs less than half (25USD vs 55USD the crap from vetcor), have felt like half the weight and so far they handle the weight well 8)

ONG9IT.jpg

k9cbsG.jpg

Artur said:
Sorry. I know about this kickstand, I tryed it, but it is touching swing arm or crankset. Glad if it fit your configuration.

The stand did fit well on the first version of the Vector (with integrated bearings for the BB), and also on the newer one.
On one bike it was a tight fit (with only 5mm space left to the crank), but if it is touching somewhere, it should be no problem to drill another hole into the mounting plate.
It also is 60mm variable in length.

The person who designed your stand must have been at a loss how to do it right.
Anyway, after struggling with a number of problems when building two Vector bikes, my confidence is gone now.

Back