Top 10 eBike Conversion Kits & Where to Buy

IThe battery pack in my 350w, 36V Dillenger kit failed miserably within one year and about 50 cycles (opened the kit and they appeared to be no name 18650's), and the second battery performed the same although I haven't taken it apart to check the cells. Seems (TO ME) they shouldn't be rated as highly as they are.

2old said:
On the YES kit that I'm using:
3) Thumb throttle works fine

I'm learning that this kind of detail matters when trying to adapt a kit to an existing bike. In our case, the bike had a combined brake and gear shift, which we had to abandon.

No size fits all... :(

Built my bike from the ground up and didn't need a front derailleur so no problem, just mounted it on the left side upside. Also, was referring to functionality, not placement. In truth, really use only about two gears in the rear with 1500w+ (52V X 30 amp controller).

trying to make a clean rat rod style build with micargi clone. Other then golden motor are there any other kits with built in controller? And what are your thoughts of golden motor?

thanks!

nashy I've been trying to reply to your pm via this forums message system but it won't go for some reason. I've copied the reply below
(can you check your email address in your es control panel?)

nashy wrote:
Hi Al
Just joined es and noticed your from blighty. Do you know of any suppliers of kits that are easier to source from the uk?
Cheers Ian

I'm not aware of any UK sellers, but more importantly couldn't really tell you were is a reliable supplier. I got my parts in bits from lots of different sellers- from France, USA, Canada and HK/China so appreciate why you'd want a UK supplier- there can be a of of stress and time involved in doing it the way I did, but I had researched for ages and knew which parts I wanted.
The way to get the info you want is to join the UK forum pedelecs, the guys there are really helpful and are UK based too so are a mine of info about the UK side of ebikes. I used the forum during the learning process, endless sphere is for those who are after something a little 'more'- technically superb and very interesting machines but of a lot more power and exotic. I know several of the UK guys have built from kits and they'll be able to give good advice- eg if it is worth going the UK supplier route, or some other way (usually China/HK), which suppliers to avoid and so on.

http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/
Good luck!

I'd be interested in how you get on- if you post you're experiences please send a link.

Anyone have any links to add?

FlightService said:
Anyone have any links to add?

Non to add myself, skimming the 3 pages I would add Cyclone for mid drive, and the BBSHD.

Other kits out there (that I bought) its not worth mentioning as they are old tech, low efficiency like Conhismotor and its twin company Risunmotor. Money better spent with Leafbike, MXUS or QS.

For direct drive, I think the best kits are Leafbike whether its the 1500W or smaller motor. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from them. Another good company is MXUS whether its their company website or Alibaba, say you want a cheap 5kw dd motor, MXUS 5K motor is affordable and good quality, along with those words of praise, attach the company QS Motor.

10 speed cassettes are for those of us who still pedal and only want assist when needed. :)

We really like the MAC 10T motors, very quiet with the Phaserunner. Not too loud with the Infineon either.

For those on a budget and just needing a boost maybe on hills, crossing an intersection, or a short sprint to 30 MPH, nothing beats a MAC.

Direct Drive just has too much drag above 7-10 MPH unless its powered.

Been tempted to place a bulk order on MAC motors but would modify cabling for recumbent trike mounting.

triketech, As a owner of a catrike expedition would be very interested in a recumbent specific mac geared motor kit. I believe i am not in the minority.

Just wondering the latest and greatest hub motors with built in controller. I just don't like the external controllers and extra wires look. Is golden motor still the go to for this? do they have anything new on the horizon?

thanks!

Back