Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

I have a new Max-E with latest firmware V1-PWR1 and having some problems:
When i FOT (full open throttle) on 0/km/h it jumps briefly into PROTECT, and then just rides on perfectly when i slowly increase speed. Not that i have that "out of the limits" settings : IbA 180 Ip A 394 IprA 97.

For the rest the bike and controller are working perfectly.

Any ideas what can be the problem?

Thanks

i have an issue with max-e 14kw with on/off switch supplied.
it works fine most o f the time, but occasionally it will not turn on properly.
the screen flashes briefly, then turns of, and keeps repeating like that.
the only way to get to turn on again is to unplug the main battery leads to the controller and reconnect with the switch in the on position.
anyone had this?

smurphy said:
I have a new Max-E with latest firmware V1-PWR1 and having some problems:
When i FOT (full open throttle) on 0/km/h it jumps briefly into PROTECT, and then just rides on perfectly when i slowly increase speed. Not that i have that "out of the limits" settings : IbA 180 Ip A 394 IprA 97.

For the rest the bike and controller are working perfectly.

Any ideas what can be the problem?

Thanks

Prolly to much current, set 150A or less instead of 180

ridethelightning said:
the only way to get to turn on again is to unplug the main battery leads to the controller and reconnect with the switch in the on position.
anyone had this?

Open up the pas connector, could be cable damage there.

Thanks Allex, will try that.

So for the Max-e the maximum batt current is 150A ?

I have a unlocked Midi-e and batt amp is set to 160A and he's very happy with that :)

Is there a log in adaptto where the errors are kept ?

Allex said:
ridethelightning said:
anyone had this?

Open up the pas connector, could be cable damage there.

coll thanks allex.
ill have a look inside the pas plug to see if there is anything wrong there, is there a way to check it with a meter?
i hope i wont need to open the controller to check the pcb there..

on the on/off wires (red/green) you should have your battery voltage.
So place one multimeter probe on battery negative another probe on the red wire, it should read battery voltage. Same goes for green wire probing with battery positive.

Running a Mini on a Qulbix, 20s12p. Has run perfect for 2500 miles over the last 12 monthes. Today, turned the key on, and when I start to twist the throttle, it says 'Protect". Motor will not run at all.
Tried a new throttle with the same results. Tried connecting the charger. When it starts charging, it says "Protect" and the charger shuts down, the charger will again attempt to start charging, and then "Protect" shows up again. It will do this on- protect-off cycle as long as the charger is connected. I have no idea where to begin on troubleshooting this thing. Any ideas?
Thanks
Paul

mudflap5 said:
Running a Mini on a Qulbix, 20s12p. Has run perfect for 2500 miles over the last 12 monthes. Today, turned the key on, and when I start to twist the throttle, it says 'Protect". Motor will not run at all.
Tried a new throttle with the same results. Tried connecting the charger. When it starts charging, it says "Protect" and the charger shuts down, the charger will again attempt to start charging, and then "Protect" shows up again. It will do this on- protect-off cycle as long as the charger is connected. I have no idea where to begin on troubleshooting this thing. Any ideas?
Thanks
Paul

Update;

Disassembled the mini and found a shorted mosfet. Ordered the same ones as GmagNeato ordered. It looks like it is going to be a real pita to replace the fet. This unit is just out of warranty, so I gonna try to get it going myself.......see what happens.....

I sent my mid-e in to adappto for repairs...tracking shows they have had it for almost 3 weeks...contacted them by email 5 times no response...anybody else had this problem?? :(

Anyone who has a Adaptto screen laying around?
Want to buy a spare, just in case.

Mine is on the way to Russia for repair. Buttons down and right stopped working after bike was in rain, and screen had filled up with water.

Maybe i had a bad one or not, but looks like the screens are far from water resistant.

Thanks

korpin said:
I sent my mid-e in to adappto for repairs...tracking shows they have had it for almost 3 weeks...contacted them by email 5 times no response...anybody else had this problem?? :(

korpin, I am sure that they are, or will work on it. Communication is their main problem, I don't think they answer the mails.

smurphy said:
Anyone who has a Adaptto screen laying around?
Want to buy a spare, just in case.

Mine is on the way to Russia for repair. Buttons down and right stopped working after bike was in rain, and screen had filled up with water.

Maybe i had a bad one or not, but looks like the screens are far from water resistant.

Thanks

Keep a small clear plastic bag and an elastic band with you in future. Or a condom in your back pocket :wink:

Yes, basic backpack tools for Adaptto riders: condoms for the screen and vodka to clean contacts if water gets into the controller:) And if all that fails: empty the bottle ad fundum and trash the bike ;)

Hi everyone,

I tried a Kelly controller on my bike some time ago, and noticed that the torque at low RPM was MUCH higher that what the Adaptto provides. High RPM torque is the same.
I am wondering if there is a way to "trick" the Adaptto to allow it to supply more current at low RPM. I understand that this "feature" has been designed-in to protect the motor from excessive current, but what the Adaptto allows is really much too low.

I was thinking that I could maybe change the «Wire R mOhm» setting that is normally determined during auto-detect, or maybe try the «Wire R PHC» mode...

Has anyone ever tried this, or something else to try to get more current at low RPM?

Thanks

Depends on the firmware as well.
7b was the best for high torque at start.
When I had my old max coming with 7b I then switched to later firmware and it was like night and day in performance.
If I remember correctly, 7b starts with square wave at first and also, the phase amps was not hard limited so you had more power then you set up in the profiles.

Oh another question:

with my 260 cell setup at the moment, I reach speeds up to about 55-60 kph. The thing is, that when it reaches that speed, the maxe has an output of "2000" watts or something like that, while my maximum is theoretically 6kW. Is it normal, that it limits its outputcurrent at that speed to 2kW althought it still doesnt reach my max. speed I have st up?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Allex.
Older firmware doesn't seem to be available on their site, and anyway I would be hesitant to downgrade because a lot of bugs have been corrected in the later versions, so I wouldn't want to trade a nice feature for many problems in other areas. :wink:

I'll have to find some other way. Do you think that if I posted on the russian forum, I would have a chance of getting some help?

DasDouble said:
Oh another question:

with my 260 cell setup at the moment, I reach speeds up to about 55-60 kph. The thing is, that when it reaches that speed, the maxe has an output of "2000" watts or something like that, while my maximum is theoretically 6kW. Is it normal, that it limits its outputcurrent at that speed to 2kW althought it still doesnt reach my max. speed I have st up?

Cheers

For 55-60 km/h it's normal to have 2000W power consumption.
When I go 75 km/h were I have set my top speed I have 3000W power consumption.

Altair said:
Thanks for the reply Allex.
Older firmware doesn't seem to be available on their site, and anyway I would be hesitant to downgrade because a lot of bugs have been corrected in the later versions, so I wouldn't want to trade a nice feature for many problems in other areas. :wink:

I'll have to find some other way. Do you think that if I posted on the russian forum, I would have a chance of getting some help?

Sure, just type in english there.
Also, set throttle curve to 2-2.5V the bike will be much more aggressive now. I usually have it at 2.5-3 to have better response.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183&start=100#p930933

Thanks Allex,
but I don't follow you there... You mean that, instead of matching the Low and Hi voltages of the Throttle Limits, to the Min and Max voltages coming from your throttle handle, you lower the Hi setting ?
I think that this will just reduce the range of the throttle movement, so when your handle is at, say, 50%, the controller will already be at close to 100% of power.
Yes the bike will "feel" more agressive but the current at low RPM will not be higher...

Jon,

Did the bike get some water on screen or controller ?

Back