KT motor controllers -- Flexible OpenSource firmware for BMSBattery S/Kunteng KT motor controllers (0.25kW up to 5kW)

Thanks!!

I don't see where are the 2 phase current amplifiers... I would say that board don't have them and if so, than S06S controllers are better than that one.

KingQueenWong said:
The SHUNT use the MOSFET's internal resistance.
Never heard of such thing. Is there any application note about this?? I would like to read to understand more.

I must say I look at that brand/company as the MicroWorks on the EUC market and to Kunteng/BMSBattery as GotWay (like Samsung VS some unknown chinese company that also produces and sells Androids). I think Kunteng controllers may be less capable technically compared to that ones but will be much more stable on the market, unlike what happened with MicroWorks that I invested a lot of time on theirs boards and they just disappeared :-( -- so, I am not motivated to follow other paths unless the Kunteng or other very well known brand, like Kelly controllers. Still, I am curious about that controllers from Jinhui and if you go ahead and get together more technical information or firmware, I MAY get interest and join. For now I will focus on the Kunteng controllers.

About Kelly controllers, they very expensive and there is no information available about the microcontrollers they use, on the controllers version that do FOC. I think they are so expensive that they are not so popular/there isn't much information about them available in the web. They are popular in the sense they are on the market since long time.

Found another user that shared pictures of that controller and sent a link to another EN shop and seems it is used on the citycoco (scrooser) -- I guess this product will have success and will stay on the market for long time, at least I hope.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=89380

Controller and parts on EN shop: http://www.chinaglobalmall.com/products/547408992949

I buy one and try to draw the schematic(Not finished all yet). :D :D :D

Attachments

• 2017071014996502335962d8b9569a2.jpg
    2017071014996502335962d8b9569a2.jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 7,115
  • 2017071014996502895962d8f18b3f4.jpg
    2017071014996502895962d8f18b3f4.jpg
    395.9 KB · Views: 7,116
  • BMC-02A.PDF
    609.4 KB · Views: 365
KingQueenWong said:
That's great!! Please put the source files on github after.

One think that I value as user, is the LCD of Kunteng controllers. That one do not have a specific connection for an LCD, right?? -- but I see TX and RX headers pins, including other 2: PA13 and PA14...

I share something techniques about using the MOSFET's internal resistance as current sensing.

Attachments

• AN606.pdf
    64.1 KB · Views: 328
  • AN10322.pdf
    158.9 KB · Views: 173
  • AND8093-D.pdf
    110.5 KB · Views: 162
  • AND8210.pdf
    57.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Current-Sensing.ppt
    601.5 KB · Views: 229
casainho said:
KingQueenWong said:
That's great!! Please put the source files on github after.

One think that I value as user, is the LCD of Kunteng controllers. That one do not have a specific connection for an LCD, right?? -- but I see TX and RX headers pins, including other 2: PA13 and PA14...

The controller may have a specific connection for an LCD.Actually,the LCD interface can be made to order.You could contact with the controller's seller to extend this featrue freely.The board have the ST's SWD interface,so i can burn my firmware by myself easily.

Temperature VS RDS(ON)/DCR
As the temperature rises, the RDS does not rise too much. This feature can help us to sense current well.If you choose a good mosfet and good heat sink,maybe the temperature impact the RDS very little.Maybe something compensation need to be added,which may casue better performance. :D :D :D

Attachments

• 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 7,078
Just found that Kunteng also sells the bluetooth module and as expected, it connects to the 5 wires LCD connector (UART TX and RX pins): http://www.szktdz.com/en/news_show.php?article_id=485

20161028131642_60341.jpg

20161028131420_52736.jpg

I just received my second controller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/24V-36V ... 0.0.TRjIRt
Opening it up, it looks exactly like the S06s on your bitbuckets-page, but it does have a few more wires connected, as the link describes.

I already have a S06s controller working on my bike, bought from electricbikeconversions.
I am now confident to dedicate one of the controllers to FW-development, don't want to risk getting stuck with a dead bike ;)
I won't get started just yet though, still having a holiday to get through first :D
Hope to be of some assistance in the future.

nollkolltroll said:
I just received my second controller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/24V-36V ... 0.0.TRjIRt
Opening it up, it looks exactly like the S06s on your bitbuckets-page, but it does have a few more wires connected, as the link describes.

I already have a S06s controller working on my bike, bought from electricbikeconversions.
I am now confident to dedicate one of the controllers to FW-development, don't want to risk getting stuck with a dead bike ;)
I won't get started just yet though, still having a holiday to get through first :D
Hope to be of some assistance in the future.
Nice!!

I was able to look at the Kunteng 18 mosfets controller (battery voltage 24-72V, maximum operating current 60A, maximum power 4320W) and I took some pictures and notes - see here: https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/Controllers--Kunteng_18_mosfets.html

This controller uses the same microcontroller STM8S105C6T6 as BMSBattery S06S controller. The difference is that this version do not have the phase current sensor (although may be possible that there is a version that has the phase current sensor as we can see there is a place on PCB for it).

59-1.png

Took me many days but finally is done:
- the makefile now builds separated source files that include debug information
- only the changed files are built

Before I couldn't debug code that were outside main.c file and so the main.c file had all the code, making it very hard to manage/code the full project. Also, every time I built the project, took some some because was building 2 times the same files and all the files... wasting of time... now everything is optimized :)

BMSBattery is now selling S06S controller with bluetooth for 25.5€: https://bmsbattery.com/home/842-36v48v-250w-controller-for-brushless-motor-with-bluetooth-ios-app.html

36v48v-250w-controller-for-brushless-motor-with-bluetooth-ios-app.jpg

I am starting to be short on programming memory on the STM8S105C6T6 -- it has only 32kbytes flash memory.

I am being working with the STM32F103C8T6 that officially has 64kbyts flash memory but in reality has 128kbytes of flash memory -- this is well documented over Internet: https://eggelectricunicycle.bitbucket.io/Flash_and_Debug_STM32--SM32F103C8T6_use_128kbytes_flash.html

I tried to program STM8S105C6T6 with a file with a size slight higher than 32kbytes but it won't program and so this means only the 32kbytes are available.

I found another EBike controller that BMSBattery sells and that uses STM32F103 and does FOC. But for some reason this controller seems less popular that S Series controllers -- maybe due to higher price??

See all the information here: https://opensourceebikefirmware.bitbucket.io/Controllers--Lishui_motor_controllers.html

Nanjing Lishui Electronics Research Institute Co., Ltd. -- http://www.lsdzs.com
• this controller can be bought from BMSBattery
• has a LCD connector that uses UART TX and RX pins for sending/receiving data
• there is a bluetooth module and app
• this controller does FOC and uses STM32F103C6T8 with 128kbytes flash memory
• Lishui provides an application to update the firmware seems an encrypted firmware file, possible for the proprietary Lishui bootloader

60-4.png

60-5.png

LD-LS13-F and LD-LS11-f is so cool.

-F suffix mean"FOC"
-C suffix mean"Square wave"

Attachments

• production list.jpg
    production list.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 6,798
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 6,797
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 6,797
KingQueenWong said:

There are some things I don't like much:
- the controllers seems to be available on 250W or 500W only
-- the power resistors to measure phase currents should impose a limitation
- not sure if there is a 48V version as I can't find it on online shops
- no hall sensor support

casainho said:
KingQueenWong said:

There are some things I don't like much:
- the controllers seems to be available on 250W or 500W only
-- the power resistors to measure phase currents should impose a limitation
- not sure if there is a 48V version as I can't find it on online shops
- no hall sensor support

Only LD-LS06-F,LD-LS33-F,LD-LS34-F support larger than 48V,they are FOC controllers.

KingQueenWong said:
Only LD-LS06-F,LD-LS33-F,LD-LS34-F support larger than 48V,they are FOC controllers.
So you think that LSW-675 works with 24V, 36V or 48V??

Only LSW-675 is kind of cheap, the others are somehow expensive. The LSW-675 + LCD: 63€ VERSUS S06S + LCD: 35€!! I think BMSBattery is just selling LSW-675 because is the only one that works well with the Q75 motor, that seems to be the smaller and lighter motor they have.

Great work! I'm plannig to test it!
can you tell me, if the KT36 is the same as the S06S?
The KT36 is easily available in Germany.

Regards
stancecoke

stancecoke said:
Great work! I'm plannig to test it!
can you tell me, if the KT36 is the same as the S06S?
The KT36 is easily available in Germany.
Thank you.
I am pretty sure that link links for a controller that is the same as S06S!!

I would like to ask you a favor: please share/promote this project on german forums, like pedalecs or others in your language -- I believe this can be of interest of many. Thank you.

Back