Under 2500 USD - 65+kph - 50+km range - Electric Enduro Bike

haasmann

10 µW
Hi There, I want to build an Electric Enduro Bike which is going more than 65kph and has a Range of more than 50km range.

I intended to use following components:
Please give me some advice if this is good or there are cheaper or better option out there?

Frame: EEB Frame from EM3EV (already bought)
Motor: MXUS 3000w v3?
Controller: Adaptto Midi-E + BMS + 30A Coil
Battery: 20S?P ... ??? DIY Battery from individual Cells
Wheels: 24´´
Brakes: Magura MT5e

I really appreciate every helpful comment.

Thanks in advance !

best bet for battery is lipo if your 110% sure you can handle it if not 18650s or lifepo4 ( i use a123 amp 20 they are rare nowdays but awesome batterys )

Cheaper for sure. Under $1000 for my bike with a mxus 3000 4T. Better is a matter of opinion.

You will need to spend every cent you can on battery. Cheapest small battery than can handle the amps you will be pulling will be RC lipo.

To get the range you want, at 65 kph/ 40 mph, you will need about 60 watt hours per mile. About 2000 watt hours of battery. 27 amp hours of 72v. (20s)

Very hard to carry that much battery. Using more compact round cells, will 72v 27 ah fit the frame?

you don't have to carry as much of course, if you run more like 30 mph for a lot of the trip.

I wouldn't call that washing machine of a frame an enduro bike. But it will be some type of bike shaped object

Well, at least it has a chance of carrying a large battery in the box. But still likely not large enough to get the range he wants, at full speed.

But yes! If you want a real enduro, I'd be looking at Honda 250's or something like that. That e bike will never be street legal where I live, so it would be dirt only. Not enduro.

Build it to have a crapton of power, and about 30 mph,, that's street legal in New Mexico.

Ya almost everyone who build one of these starts with bicycle wheels and then realize the bike is too heavy for them. Then they have to upgrade to 17-19" moto wheels which add over 10lbs all day long

I was getting flats on my 70lb bike with a 24" rear tire until I switched to a true downhill tube now ive been lucky

Yup, just ordered a 17" moped rim for a MXUS v3 turbo (3t), and 105mm spokes. As soon as the rim comes in, i'll get it laced up.

Seems like a no brainer to go this way, with the extra strength you get from the moped components.

I decided to go 17 inch Moto Rim in the back (aprox 24,5 inch with Bike measurment method) and 26 inches in the front.

I got the following components:
RS Totem 180mm coil tapered Fork
RS Monarch Plus RC3 Rear Damper 216mm
Avid Code Hydraulic Brakes with 180mm Rotors (will upgrade them to 203 when the 180mm are finished)
Modified MXUS v3
Modified Controller
20s10p 35AH Battery
Cycle Analyst v3

will post Pictures of this build once it is finished!

I just had my first ride on my bike yesterday after getting it all laced up. Currently have it limited to ~50a battery at 18s. The wheel does not want to stay on the ground, it's pretty insane to see how much more power this has compared to my old 9c at the same voltage / wattage. You'll have a lot of fun.

3 sp switch and handle bar kill switch. Plus love my powervelocity controller now with bluetooth and alarm. Oh 18 fet.https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75888

dogman dan said:
You will need to spend every cent you can on battery. Cheapest small battery than can handle the amps you will be pulling will be RC lipo.

To get the range you want, at 65 kph/ 40 mph, you will need about 60 watt hours per mile. About 2000 watt hours of battery. 27 amp hours of 72v. (20s)

Very hard to carry that much battery. Using more compact round cells, will 72v 27 ah fit the frame?

you don't have to carry as much of course, if you run more like 30 mph for a lot of the trip.

I think his frame will take twice what he needs, I think I saw one here cram 480 cells of 18650's into such a frame.
For >27 Ah a pack made from 200 cells to a 20s10p of samsung 30Q will suffice, at 30 Ah. 2130 Wh. 150 A.

But for heavy use as seems intended maybe consider going for even more in parallell? say 20s14p? 42 Ah. 2983 Wh. 210 A. The less strain you put on your pack the longer the pack life and the better health of each cell.

The price on the Q30 is down to about 3.20 € a piece now. So about 650 for the 20s10p and 900 € for 20s14p. Of course you need welder, wire, and so forth so it adds up. But you get a pack that will last. Also look for deals on Sony VTC 5 as VTC 6 has been out for a while and there have been rumors about VTC 7 already. There was some talk about the Sanyo 20700 B had a price drop to 4 $. I would look into that, if you can find it it will be the best bang for buck. 4250 Ah battery, with 15 A discharge.

Back