18650 Cell Source

Subscribe.

Lets see how long it takes to land...

Heres more correspondence from this jerk in Nkon...

I asked him to provide a tracking no. His response...

"Hi,

No, it says it can take over 2 weeks..

Regards,
Arjan"

Thats it...nothing else..600 cells and 1450 Euro's and this is what I get?...wow....real pro's these jerk's are. As again, if anyone knows of a company who can come even close to Nkon pricing, I would appreciate it. I Have contacted BatteryPro and asked for pricing on Panasonic PF's on 1000. Let's see what they come up with.

John

Ordered 60 pieces (NCR18650PF 2900mAh) at NKON in the Netherlands.

One thing they need to improve: shipping box.
It's just too flimsy for cells.

rachdatu said:
Ordered 60 pieces (NCR18650PF 2900mAh) at NKON in the Netherlands.

One thing they need to improve: shipping box.
It's just too flimsy for cells.

How long did it take to get to you?

John

rachdatu said:
How long did it take to get to you?
6 days (weekend in between) from the order to the delivery at my door...

lol...I think we must be talking about a different company.....

By the way I got the quote from Battery Bro, another rip off company. They quote me $2.67 per cell for the Panasonic PF and then shipping at $1.82 PER CELL to ship...which is ridiculous.

John

I've ordered from NKON 3 or 4 times and each time delivery was within a week. No lightning fast, but reasonable. Perhaps there is a transatlantic issue here?

johnnyz said:
Lets see how long it takes to land...

Heres more correspondence from this jerk in Nkon...

I asked him to provide a tracking no. His response...

"Hi,

No, it says it can take over 2 weeks..

Regards,
Arjan"

Thats it...nothing else..600 cells and 1450 Euro's and this is what I get?...wow....real pro's these jerk's are. As again, if anyone knows of a company who can come even close to Nkon pricing, I would appreciate it. I Have contacted BatteryPro and asked for pricing on Panasonic PF's on 1000. Let's see what they come up with.

John

Interestingly I e-mailed him to refund my money since I got my cells from elsewhere and apparently he could have had it out the door today, just 4 business days from my order.

Punx0r said:
I've ordered from NKON 3 or 4 times and each time delivery was within a week. No lightning fast, but reasonable. Perhaps there is a transatlantic issue here?

If the shipping company is following relatively recent international lithium battery shipping laws, than they probably aren't shipping them by plane, considering the amounts being ordered, and the low prices. They are probably coming across by ship. Thus why we get the long shipping times.

Just thought I'd drop by to say my order from nkon arrived today. Placed it on July 17 and the man at the door wanted $35 CAD and change. Box looked a little beat up but I think the foam peanuts took the brunt of it. Good thing they're hydride batteries.

From my experience, I would recommend dealing with this outfit.

Just thought I would let everyone know...got a email from Nkon...cells should arrive next week...One month for delivery...wow...

John

johnnyz said:
Which is completely unprofessional and insufficient.
there is only 1 or 2 shipping companies that deal with shipping large quanitites of dangerous goods in europe. there are simply no other options. i dealt with the same issue for my work. such companies are horrible to work with but you have no choice and they know it.

flippy said:
johnnyz said:
Which is completely unprofessional and insufficient.
there is only 1 or 2 shipping companies that deal with shipping large quanitites of dangerous goods in europe. there are simply no other options. i dealt with the same issue for my work. such companies are horrible to work with but you have no choice and they know it.

I finally got my cells (600 of them). Took just under a month.

I think you are right,no one else I have found to deal with.

John

Vruzend.com was selling LG MJ1 cells for $4 a pop last I checked. I'm pretty sure they're based out of Florida and is run by one of the board members here. Check the for sale section under new.

Member Okashira seems to be selling tesla car cells out of Texas. For sale (used) section.

Of aliexpress I know nothing.

GearBest https://www.gearbest.com/batteries-chargers-c_11298/ seem to have a good price for batteries as well eg 8 x ICR18650 - 28A 18650 2800mAh Samsung Batteries £18.29 or I think around 20$ plus a reasonable postage. Their LiitoKala Lii - 50A 5000mAh 26650 at around £4 each have good reviews and are a good price too. I have no personal experience of gearbest but may order either 26 of the LiitoKala cells or 52 of the samsungs in a month or 2. Any one else have experience. Rob

Anyone still looking for a good supplier of 18650 cells?

Cheers,
Sean
Bay Area, California

If in the U.S try imrbatteries. On most if you buy 50,100,200,etc they get cheaper % cheaper .Example would be Samsung 30Q -$6.00 each or (see below0 For 160 of thme shipping was only $17
Buy 6 or above and pay only $5.00 each
Buy 12 or above and pay only $4.75 each
Buy 24 or above and pay only $4.50 each
Buy 50 or above and pay only $4.25 each
Buy 100 or above and pay only $4.15 each
Buy 200 or above and pay only $4.00 each
Buy 400 or above and pay only $3.90 each
Buy 600 or above and pay only $3.75 each
Buy 1000 or above and pay only $3.65 each

Is it just me, or are LG MJ1 and M36 cells getting hard to come by in the US? They aren't on https://liionwholesale.com/ anymore, it seems that NKON isn't shipping to the US anymore, and I'm even pretty sure Queen Battery doesn't have them anymore. Can anyone help?

I was planning to risk purchasing from Queen Battery via the email, since thunderheart says they've been reliable and that the email has the best pricing. The quote they gave me was more than what they were asking on their aliexpress store at the time. Now their store only has MJ1 cells with tabs welded on.

ACtC-3e2QML7kFZJmMv1EMhFxd6tc-5GHzsdkjYQ_3S7zxycjvjszBuFg4DR8-0cLx6HJ4xdjD8a_BWtHB-z2vxCowO5M63fA61-VFNoceRDM-KNyUY8e_Fkof81yAEayQEaFzzVr-dbjq4fdwYkY4x_4DWg=w485-h363-no

This is what NKON emailed me:

Hello,

Unfortunately we can't ship lithium-ion batteries overseas.
We apologize for the inconvenience!

Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,
Anna Unanian
NKON

And this is what happens on ru.nkon.nl if you try to check out:
ACtC-3eTXCXPF7YFgRN_z-NnLX8NMjmNBu2qQ0JtQ4Un7yozVFNYAqJyf9Jb_ATw9TNU7Q3EU4E3sZA-UrVw-bnkGjcXh-Zg249wIWfnlGHUY11MLgo-gFDa8e3CyLvSQCz-6CoCxidSUulpFYUg8d4eJJ7V=w1083-h863-no

I asked liionwholesale.com,
"I noticed that you guys no longer sell LG MJ1 cells. I'm actually having trouble finding MJ1 or M36 cells anywhere... Do you have any info why that is? I could at least by Samsung 35E cells from here, but I'm concerned that their cycle life won't be as good as MJ1 or M36 cells.

Thank you,
"

and they thankfully responded,

"Thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately we no longer carry LG products due to insurance reasons.
If you are looking for a substitute for the MJ1, the Panasonic/Sanyo NCR18650GA battery is very similar in specs.
"

As if I didn't hate insurance companies already...

Back