Why do m1 Ebikes get no attention ?

boytitan

100 W
They look nice price to performance could be better but still the lack of info is shocking. I can't find anything for info on people who have bought them and such.

https://www.motostrano.com/M1-Spitzing-E-Bike-Electric-Bike-p/m1rs.htm

http://www.motostrano.com/M1-Sterzing-GT-E-Bike-S-Pedalec-p/sterz.htm

These are very nice, but they cost a lot more than BH ebikes, which are similar. I'm not saying that BH ebikes are identical or better, but many potential customers are finding that BH is "good enough" for them.

That being said, these perform well, and I am certain that any new owners will be very happy with their performance.

Maybe because they cost over $10K, and one can build one that will outperform it for under $1K.

wesnewell said:
Maybe because they cost over $10K, and one can build one that will outperform it for under $1K.

See above, no other explanation needed.

Saw them at Sea Otter in 2016 and I think they were there this year, but didn't even look. Talk about a niche market in a niche market; $10K and 60 pounds. Beautifully crafted though.

It's a rolling Rolex. You can get more performance for 1/10th the price. It looks good.
Consider that if you wanted a high powered ebike with price exclusivity and fine craftsmanship, the Stealth Fighter is priced less and is in every way a better bike.
And in the same price range, you could buy a 2017 Zero DS Electric Motorcycle.

They get no attention from me for many reasons.

They repeat ad nauseam that you feel like in a F1 car and it is not appealing at all, for I don't like the idea of having no place to move strapped in a boiling temp cockpit.

They are proud to say it is only 60lbs, that is only 10 lbs less than my street commuter with a tiny fraction of the power, and a suspension that is not even trying to come close.

It does look like it is designed by a toy crafter, not a performance engineeer.

Their sales pitch is full of bullshit

Their sales price is a robbery attempt

I just bought the M1 Spitzing . First of all it’s not $10,000 . List price is around $7500 , some discounts at the end of the year get it down further so about the same as other high end E bikes . I got the version with Fox 36 electric version160 mm and rear fox at 150 Mm travel , the R version unrestricted speed . So far I’m at 35 MPH still trying to figure the spec says 40 -45 MPH . I was told from the Spitzing rep to upgrade the tires to 2.8” front and 2.6 rears x 650 B. First of all this is a mid drive and I opted for the extra range battery from 880 watt hour to 1100 watt hour . This unit is rated at 120 nM torque it pulls hard up hill but no throttle . Range at level 5 at 550% assist is about 35 miles at lower setting could easily go 70+actual miles ? Let me say the handling is superb better than my S works Specilaized Enduro because of the weight at 58 lbs. it’s really smooth plush and really fast up hill on flats and down hill. One of the main reason I purchased this German unit is the 5 year warrantee on the frame and three years on everything else. The build quality is the best I have seen the attention to details is amazing. The negatives are no throttle , speedometer only in KPH , no dropper posts , could use more clearance to the rear wheel should have come with plus tires. The Spitzing Plus really does not have enough travel and doesn’t not come close to the suspension ( Manitou ) of the standard M1 They have improved these issues with the new Evolution. Which is not available till mid summer in the US.

I tried the Chinese options like the Frey (aluminum frame) or Dengfu ( carbon fiber frame)with the new Bafang M600 also with 120 nM . Check out post with Wayne ‘s post on his experience with Dengfu is closer to prototype he is very patient he is still sorting it out should be a nice bike when he’s done . But his purchase price is slightly less than what I bought M1 for.

As far as comparison to the Stealth their is no comparison the Stealth is a hub drive and looks to be home made and expensive and really heavy . The M1 is about half price .

Looks great and I've been deterred from M1 by the 10K price and lack of availability locally. Can you please tell me where you procured yours. I reside about 100 miles up the coast from SD.

Back