Mobipus Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc I agree on most part, but a display is that really needed? I would say the cheap LCD of Adaptto is barely a display. So in regards to display I feel it it more user oriented freedom to allow each one to choose their own display. Retina screen, old smartphone or dedicated tablet with high resolution or even a cheapo LCD.

A full blown Mobipus system for controller, BMS and charger would be fantastic. And that would for sure make a lot of people happy. And yes why settle for less, if a BMS is made pls go >600 A? Too many BMS are stopping short on the current part. We need a hardcore 20s-24s BMS that does not power down at high current draw.

macribs said:
Doc I agree on most part, but a display is that really needed? I would say the cheap LCD of Adaptto is barely a display. So in regards to display I feel it it more user oriented freedom to allow each one to choose their own display. Retina screen, old smartphone or dedicated tablet with high resolution or even a cheapo LCD.

A full blown Mobipus system for controller, BMS and charger would be fantastic. And that would for sure make a lot of people happy. And yes why settle for less, if a BMS is made pls go >600 A? Too many BMS are stopping short on the current part. We need a hardcore 20s-24s BMS that does not power down at high current draw.

Yes you are right about the display screen :lol: , but for those who like me have dry hands, toutch screen display from cellphone are not the best. on ebike during movement, i think that pressure button cold work better.

The Adaptto bms dont require tons of parallel mosfet or contactor to cut power or manage chargig current as it's directly the controller that cut power ( LVC) and manage charging and phase mosfet that control the charge. so it could be in theory any amp you want.
I guess mobipus already think about implementing that :wink:

Doc

Doc you got to get yourself a pair of touchscreen gloves, then cut out the thumb and index finger from your new touchscreen gloves and replace the thumb/index finger on your favorite DH/motx gloves. Problem solved :)

I see your point about the push buttons. Never occur'd to me as I am more of a screen guy myself. Your point is valid and push buttons will let people make changes on the fly. But a full blown controller/BMS/charging system might have the option to let people choose what they prefer, or even have both. A bright high resolution screen and pushbuttons/thumbs buttons so you can make changes without moving your hand from the handlebar. All while you can display all kind of sexy info on the hi res display. Like most current draw today, and past 30 days. Temp in real time or historical data. As well as the regular speedo, battery status, voltage sag, predictable range, etc.

Add a handful of sensors for measures and you can get gps, barometer, outside temp, or whatever clever thing one can dream up.

macribs said:

Here are some nice capacitive colored LCD display and very affordable....
http://www.friendlyarm.net/products/accessories
Sales
http://www.friendlyarm.net/sales

B69, that friendlyarm website is like nothing at all. Very hard to know anything from that website. Either they are relaying solely on repeat customers or their marketing and strategic department need to sit down and have a chat about how to sell products more efficient. And the importance of a user friendly website and shop both for brand building, recognition and sales not to mention the bottom line.

No tech + no pics + no price. = No sale.

Came across this 6" 1440 x 2560 display. High priced but great resolution. Perfect for a DIY display and dashboard.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/1440-2560-6-inch-ips-lcd_60300235687.html

Guys I havent been on here much the last few months due to a host of reasons. I also spend too much time on ES facebook! Glad to see the feedback!

Seems to be a lot of variations of motors and this is taking time to tune them all. Big thanks to Shenta for that.

Love the pressure transducer idea. Doc its good feedback too about the bms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shenta said:
Hello all at Endless Sphere

Ohbse: unexpectedly low voltage isn't actually low
We have also regen throttle voltage mapping, if you want to use Regen Throttle function, I could help you to set it up.

Thanks Shenta. I'm very happy with how my regen throttle is working, the only reason I had any trouble at all is there is a bug with the sensor voltage appearing to be half of reality in the software. Once i ignore this figure, measure myself with a meter and configure thresholds accordingly order works very well indeed.

As a general update, beyond happy with the purchase. I am very pleased with performance, zero issues with reliability. If I could get sensorless operation running I would be very happy, need to purchase a suitable meter, anybody have any suggestions for measuring inductance accurately?

Ohbse said:
Shenta said:
Hello all at Endless Sphere

Ohbse: unexpectedly low voltage isn't actually low
We have also regen throttle voltage mapping, if you want to use Regen Throttle function, I could help you to set it up.

Thanks Shenta. I'm very happy with how my regen throttle is working, the only reason I had any trouble at all is there is a bug with the sensor voltage appearing to be half of reality in the software. Once i ignore this figure, measure myself with a meter and configure thresholds accordingly order works very well indeed.

As a general update, beyond happy with the purchase. I am very pleased with performance, zero issues with reliability. If I could get sensorless operation running I would be very happy, need to purchase a suitable meter, anybody have any suggestions for measuring inductance accurately?

Shenta did some trouble shooting on my controller this week and discovered the same thing, that the readout on the analog brake voltage is displayed at 1/2 the real voltage. I think he's working on fixing it now.

I've got to hand it to Shenta. I had some trouble with my controller and he went out of his way to help me fix it, and indeed is still doing so. It's nice to know that the designer is so willing to help out!

-Jim

I have just ordered a 72600 from Ballarat Ebikes for my YZF600R conversion, I am running 20S so I decided to give this controller a go. Judging by the feedback it should be an improvement on my Kelly KBL72600. I will be connecting it to a ME0913 with Hall sensors, not sure if Shenta has set the Mobipus up on one of these.

Bernel

Thanks for your answers Shenta.

Is the PowerLock pin used to pre charge the capacitors before to close the contactor ?
The AUX output can't provide power to the contactor but what is its voltage level ?

What motor characteristics do we have to enter ?

romelec said:
Thanks for your answers Shenta.

Is the PowerLock pin used to pre charge the capacitors before to close the contactor ?
The AUX output can't provide power to the contactor but what is its voltage level ?

What motor characteristics do we have to enter ?

I don't believe the powerlock pin precharges the capacitors, I'll check though.

The AUX output is around 4.5v on my 72200. I've got it switching on a logic level MOSFET to power up the rest of the system.

As far as motor tuning. The only things I changed regarding the motor are the amperage limits for the various modes, the KV, and the number of pole pairs. There are many additional settings, but I haven't had to worry with them.

I'm running in FOC mode and its totally silent and very very smooth.

-Jim

I just placed my order on SamD's web site, can't wait to spend some time with this controller.

Has anybody used to it drive a Cyclone 3kw motor?

https://lunacycle.com/cyclone-mid-drive-3000-watt-planetary-kit/

Thanks!!

Franko

Shenta said:
<Snip>

Thank you all very much for your support, and what I want is for everyone to enjoy the thrill of torque and fun of EV.
If anyone want to get a hand on Mobipus controller, or need more info, please check out SamD.

Cheer
Shenta

This should make things a little more interesting:

(8" rugged / waterproof tablet)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HD5EXTS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I started by looking at the $80 / $90 tablets, but decided they would be a waste of time.

fcbrants said:
I just placed my order on SamD's web site, can't wait to spend some time with this controller.

You might wanna consider getting a rugged, heavy-duty cover for your favorite tablet. Those can be water proof as well. Or get a waterproof casing. That way you don't have to get 500 $ tablet if you already got a tablet. Put down say 50 $ for the heavy duty cover and the handlebar mounting kit then put the 450$ you saved into your battery or parts that makes your bike go faster or ride better :)

Just ordered the 72200 ,
Planning on getting the qs 273 and build myself a lipo pack.
Looks like a promissing alternative to the adaptto which worked really well.
Now the thing is, is it possible to adjust modes on the go ?
I usually use only 6 kw going around the city, then change to 9kw(previously now i will be using full power) on the highway.
On the adaptto it only took a push of a button which i loved.
I plan to use a waterproof windows phone as a display but first i have to find a way to safely mount it.
Temparetures ? Is it possible to show motor/esc/batt temparetures ?

Will you be able to reach wanted peak power with the mobipus 72200 & QS 273? I would think Mobipus 72600 would be a better match for that powerful motor. Should peak @ 35-40 kw if you use 72600.

macribs said:
Will you be able to reach wanted peak power with the mobipus 72200 & QS 273? I would think Mobipus 72600 would be a better match for that powerful motor. Should peak @ 35-40 kw if you use 72600.
i might be upgrading later , still waiting for something in between the 72200 and the 72600 in terms of size and price.this will be a long term project.
again i dont want a really unusable bicycle wheelbase build, 16kw would be perfect but i need more oomph and torque ,i was already pushing the qs205 to its limit.
also size limitations where the biggest problem, i want to build on a vector/ekross frame and might consider the nyx.

abahanad said:
I usually use only 6 kw going around the city, then change to 9kw(previously now i will be using full power) on the highway.

Yes, I have a three mode switch on my bars, 50a very slow pedal type power level, 140a 'normal' mode (about 10kw) and 180a 'boost' mode. You can change every aspect of these three profiles, throttle sensitivity, ramp rates, phase current, regen, speed limits, acceleration limits, voltage thresholds etc etc.

Yes - you can monitor temperatures via the application

Ohbse said:
abahanad said:

Yes, I have a three mode switch on my bars, 50a very slow pedal type power level, 140a 'normal' mode (about 10kw) and 180a 'boost' mode. You can change every aspect of these three profiles, throttle sensitivity, ramp rates, phase current, regen, speed limits, acceleration limits, voltage thresholds etc etc.

Yes - you can monitor temperatures via the application

Problem with this controller (to me) is that i cant seem to find any connection points from the photos.
Basically i will need throttle, throttle for regen, power switch for lights from a 12v supply and a 3 mode switch.
Ciuld any one point me to the right direction ? I still dont have the controller yet therefore i am not ordering throttles and switches yet.

Just tryed buying this from a Samd, apparently he can't get them any more, which means I don't know where to buy them seeing as eBay and Ali express don't stock any

You should try out Samd here at the forum via PM. If no reply maybe try via his website, ballaratebikes.com , he still got Mobipus 72200 listed in his webshop as well as the 72600.

If you can't get in touch with samd, you might try to reach the guy who designed the mobipus, he is an ES member. Maybe you can try contact him via PM? His ES username is Shenta , I am not aware of any website or hangouts he got.

If all that fail the only thing I can think of is to contact sketchism, you know the guy behind the hubsink.

Maybe one of them can share some light on availability, or maybe sell you one directly? Let us know how it goes.

I do think all of them are kind of doing the e-bike thing as a side job, so be patient. Real life can get the better of us sometimes and put other stuff on the backburner for while.

Shenta said:
Hello all at Endless Sphere,

This is Shenta, I am the architect for this controller, I haven't come up on ES for a while until seen this post recently,
when I first design this controller, I had a simple philosophy in mind, if it doesn't make people say "Wow", it doesn't worth the time and energy to make it.
After a few years of quest and try and error, we came up with something we though is a product good enough and we are welling to buy it our self.

I believe the users are the best critics for any product, so I will leave the comments to the users,
but I would like to give some answers for some of the questions.

Thank you all very much for your support, and what I want is for everyone to enjoy the thrill of torque and fun of EV.
If anyone want to get a hand on Mobipus controller, or need more info, please check out SamD.

Cheer
Shenta

Hello Shenta,

I was wondering, is there a manual for this controller? Something that lists its specifications and features, wiring diagram, API, command reference, etc...? If so, how would one go about getting a copy?

Also, does the controller have the ability to both have a brake switch motor cut-off function, and a separate variable regen throttle? So I could hook my eBrakes up to cut power to the motor, and then also have a thumb throttle to do regen? If not, would it be difficult to add this functionality? Even if it meant cannibalizing some other function.

Finally, how thick is the water cooling block for the 72200?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back