Sur-Ron - New Mid drive Bike

dirkdiggler said:
TB29zoDdTMlyKJjSZFFXXalVFXa_!!3280167576.jpg

Looks like it says 15,800 yuan ($2,372, did the exchange rate drop that fast or did I screw up?)) original price under the #1 and 14,800 is the Hair day? price, whatever that means. Granted I don't know any Chinese, so could be very, very wrong. I'm relying on google to translate for me. It does look like under #5, the bike will start shipping on August 20th. I imagine this is somewhat of a kickstarter campaign with pre-orders. That is where the 2000 yuan comes in as a deposit.

I just can't find a contact button on the web page. I tried to email them from the Sur-ron page, but never heard back.

Dirt,you are right. All the important information was translated correctly except the hair day. It should be initial release price.

Does this thing come with battery?

Wow. Speechless.

What an amazing build. Lets just hope they didn't ruin the idea by going all chinese and cut corners, skimp on quality parts or got blind men working with quality control.

If the price is even possible I am sure we will see containers of bikes shipped out of china just to ES members alone. I really wonder if they plan on getting the CoC (certficate of conformity) so that this little Bee or the angrier bigger brother Angel will be possible to get a license plate for without a full TÜV inspection.

Did anyone see any price for that Angel model?

Aebrennan said:
Can you please share the contact details for the purchase of this bike.
I've sent PM's but never leave outbox?

Thanks

I emailed them at: business@qiulongtech.com
And got a reply from this email address: electric_moto@live.cn
With this signature:
Jun Ye, Overseas Marketing Manager
FAR-EASTERN POWER CO., LIMITED
HANGZHOU QIULONG TECH CO., LTD.

Mobile (WhatsApp): 0086-18623338515
Tel: 0086-23-62976468
QQ(Wechat): 544467772
www.sur-ron.com

SlowCo said:
I emailed them at: business@qiulongtech.com
And got a reply from this email address: electric_moto@live.cn
With this signature:
Jun Ye, Overseas Marketing Manager
FAR-EASTERN POWER CO., LIMITED
HANGZHOU QIULONG TECH CO., LTD.

So what did they say?

I too got an auto reply immediately. But then after a few days the answer came. I had asked them if there were already importers in the EU where I could buy one. But there isn't one yet only single customers that had bought a sample. From their website it seems they will be ramping up production in 2018 and try to enter the European market.

I received an email from the overseas marketing manager for Sur-Ron.

The light bee is starting production next week and available for shipping from late September in 48 & 60v configuration

The Motor is golden motors 3kw
Controller is their own (apparently)
Suspension is supplied by Taiwan co. fast ace
Brakes are supplied by LBN

You can specify suspension/brakes fitted if buying a bulk order but obviously pricing will vary.
Samples will be as previously mentioned.

Battery is made by High star Knap tech using Panasonic 18650pf
48v is 140 cells 25ah 1300wh
60v is 176 cells 32ah 1900wh max 100ah discharge

The 48v bike is 2000Usd and the 60v is 2350 Usd for a sample

Container purchase of >20 1900 FOB, <20 1850 FOB

They also have a road bike (white ghost) going into production after the light bee.

I'm waiting to hear back if the bike can be purchased without the front end and brakes which will suit most DIYers.

I have organised an order that can be updated prior to shipping so any Aussies interested get in touch.

I will update the information as I receive it.

Lets group buy this, 2350USD is almost free!

48v is 140 cells 25ah 1300wh
Should be 14s10p and would make it 140 cells 29Ah, maybe some typo from them?

60v is 176 cells 32ah 1900wh
Should be 16s11p and would make it 176cells 31,9Ah

I have already requested actual models of the brake and suspension fitted to the sample bike, so I can see prior.

The bikes used in the videos/pics had Fox and shimano zee...

I also queried the battery pack configuration.

They did claim to be marketing to the DIYers so I have requested pricing for the bike less front end, no brakes, and no battery.

I have also asked which version of the motor will be fitted, as Golden motors have a 48v and 72v versions with water cooled options.

I have also asked if both bikes use the same controller, and if so what is the max voltage it can take.

More info as it comes...

Group buy for U.S.? I'm down for one 60v. Wish I knew more about shipping for a bulk order. Figure they'd sell quickly. They didn't give you a ship by air quote? I wonder how much that'll be for a 100lb bike. Might be cheaper to fly there and pick it up in person.

Shipping for one unit is 720USD by Air, 7-10 days delivery time.

Group Buy for EU:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=90196

More info as promised, for those that are interested.

In both version, the motor is the same.
2. The controller is the same. We developed the controller to be ok with 2 different voltages. Controller’s max voltage is limited to be 70V.
3. For the 48V battery pack, this moment, it’s 14S 10P, and the capacity is given to be 25Ah. This is what I got this moment. But for your question, I will check with our engineers and even the battery factory, then, can answer you about this.
4. As I informed you, for industrial production, we will use an Taiwan Brand absorbers FASTACE. And their web link is www.fastace.com, and brake we will use L.B.N, their web link is www.chinalbn.cn
5. For the First samples, we prefer people to test our original LIGHT BEE, and give us the real feedback, or even suggestions. You know, first is always the most hardest part. We need to market to test our bike, we need to establish the reputation. If we sell just some parts, we cannot know whether our bike is good or not. We cannot get the real feedback. And if anyone, does not choose the right DIY parts, may cause problems, and this is not good to establish our reputation.

Light Bee Available Colors.png

Attachments

• RST Absorber.jpg
    RST Absorber.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9,358
  • mmexport1504529415752.jpg
    mmexport1504529415752.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 9,358
  • mmexport1504529411663.jpg
    mmexport1504529411663.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 9,358
  • mmexport1504529407517.jpg
    mmexport1504529407517.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 9,358
  • mmexport1504529389757.jpg
    mmexport1504529389757.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 9,358
  • mmexport1504529382615.jpg
    mmexport1504529382615.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 9,358
  • FAST.jpg
    FAST.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 9,358
  • Brake 2.jpg
    Brake 2.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 7,468
  • Brake 3.jpg
    Brake 3.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 7,468
  • mmexport1504529395622.jpg
    mmexport1504529395622.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 9,357
Looks impressive!
Any idea which front fork goes on which bike? Maybe the usd fork only on the 60V version? Alex, are you in contact with them and will they provide a CE certification and documents to be able to import the bikes into the EU?

Reply from marketer yesterday

And this moment, the for optional parts, are only 2 parts. Battery can choose 40V or 60V (it has additional cost as it show in the quotation). And absorbers can choose fastace or RST brand. Other parts, all the sample. No optional this moment. May be in the future will have.

I know some have used the Fastace rear (scooter) shocks but know nothing about their forks. Of course RST isn't top of the line either so I'm wondering if this is a crap shoot? Should I let a flip of the coin decide for me? Any positives one way or another out there?

Tom

Back