Modified Velocifero. Need advice.

MatteBlack1

100 µW
Hello everyone. I have a few questions about a project I'm attempting. I'm very new here,and new to working with evs in general so please forgive some of my ignorance. Perhaps some of my questions are answered in a previous thread,however I think my project will be worthy of some attention upon completion. It should be fairly unique,visually at least. I'm a skilled craftsman and finisher so if nothing else it'll be pretty. This is the plan.
Stock velocifero minimad 800. Will refinish with matte blacks and dull metallics for a street fighter look.
Purchased a second identical hub motor for the front wheel,as well as a second stock controller and second stock 36v 12ah lithium battery. The stock scooter is fairly weak. However I think it's one of the coolest looking scooters available (with the exception of the Swiss weped...drools..,mabey one day) it's one of the few scooters that inspire the look and feel of a motorcycle and transcends the typical scooter look..imo. If I can manage to make it powerful I think I'll have something special. I plan at first to simply double the entire power plant. Motor,controller,battery. All seperate tied to stock throttle.including seperate battery. This is my first project working woth motors, controllers, batteries, so I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible. And learn how to wire the components simply by looking at the stock setup giving me some preliminary understanding and hands on example of how these things are built . Common sense tells me that this will obviously give the scooter double the power. Not speed,but possible faster acceleration and torque? Moving the weight twice as easily. Eventually I'd like to tie both batteries together for a 72v setup with new controllers and over volt the brushless hub motors. But for now I'd like to start here. Thoughts? Is this worth it? Is this possible safely? Can someone show me a simple diagram for wiring the throttle and controllers. Should the controllers be tied together or completely seperate linked only by the throttle and how so? I appreciate all help and advice. I really don't want to blow something. Do i need fuses and where? If you were attempting something like this how would you do it? Anything helpful I appreciate. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20170904_190720-756x1008.jpg
    20170904_190720-756x1008.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 1,528
Photos would be better quality but the site will not allow over 512kb. So I have to go in and alter them.
Still waiting on parts for dual motor upgrade.

Back